• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Random Scribblings vr. II

D'aww, I only have a very tiny idea of who those in the Pet Shop of Horrors are, but they're all very cute as animals~ I like the little bird perched on her mug the best. And the lion.

I find it really strange how little Elphie looks like Elphie without being green. o.O But I do like her "I am not amused ¬_¬" expression; I always do. Galinda's looking pleased with the choice of clothing there, which I'm hardly surprised at. X3

I love Yotsuba's piratey outfit~ Especially the shirt and scarves. And, although I don't know who Chiyo is, I like their ninjatop and throwing star, s'cool. Hyperactive five year old pirates ftw~

Aaand once again I don't know who Presea or Colette are, but I do love their costumes and like the way they're coloured, shaded etc.

Ehehe; slash goggle'd Pikachu. Awesome~

I want slash goggles ;-;

And your art is some of the cutest things, like, ever. I don't care how many "mistakes" you made, (I cannot ever see major mistakes in your recent stuff!), it's adorable :3

And I congratulate you for finding an appropriate way to cross Sailor Moon and Wicked. I've had that floating around in my head, but I could never think of a way to do it ><

Realism Elphaba= yesyesyes :3

Last edited:
Hiiii Dannichu.

Shamefully, this is the first time I've looked at your artwork and it's quite inspirational. I don't quite know why, but I do really like the way you do the hands, even though they somewhat resemble spoons.

Your artwork is an explosion of colour.
I really liked the Umbreon/Espeon artwork and the Mareep. The Pirates vs. Ninjas thing with Yotsuba and Chiyo, I think it was, was pretty awesome too. xD

Thanks for making me smile on my ill and off of school day.

Thank you very, very much <333

One more bunch before I leave for uni (probably); I hope to God there's a scanner I can use somewhere in Kent because I can't taker the camera with me.

Random Gelphieness. There are a bazillion things wrong with this and I don't really like it; I'm only posting it because I like Galinda's expression X3

Pic.jpg

This one I like. Glinda and Elphie having just arried in the Emerald City. I'm not used to drawing backgrounds, so it was a fun experiment, and I didn't even try to make the buildings look realistic; everything's all bendy and wibbly because it's more fun like that, okay?

Pic2-1.jpg

Random drawing of a Phoenix/Ho-oh/Thing:

Pic5-2.jpg

And more Glinda and Elphaba because I love them so much.
I attempted to make them look more like the Wicked Witch of the West/Good Witch of the East... I think that worked a little better on Elphie, given that Glinda looks exactly like she does in the musical.
I want a mini flying monkey~

Pic4-2.jpg

And a quick pic for Espeon :D

espeondansen.jpg

Aww x3

I love how you're drawing them a little more realistically, it looks really good. I think the Emerald City picture could look great if you coloured it, I'm halfway tempted to try it myself :v

Espeondansen! *Dances*

...I would say more but no words are coming to mind. It's like trying to fit some perosn who takes size 8 clothing into a size 5. Only with words.

;;Gigglefits at Espeondansen;; I love it~ Oh my deary me~ It is pure awesomenocity, Danni~

Also whee, I like Elphaba with glasses! She looks pretty good~ And I love that expression on her face as she's reading, it's so focused and appropriate.

And wow, your human drawings are getting more realistic! Look at Elphaba in that flying monkey picture! I just love her face and her hair and everything's just perfect. <3 The eyes and expression are just wow. No seriously, wow~

The phoenix is prettiful, Danni man. Quite prettiful! I love the tail feathers and the face, they're quite nice actually.

<3 <3 <3 <3

The ToS pictures made me laugh so hard... "Pink goes well with, uh, pink." :D

And the Yotsuba vs. Chiyo picture looks better scanned. The colors are so pretty... And bright... And pretty... And bright... And pretty... *shot*

Ahem. Anyway... Yay! More Gelphie pictures! Because I recently got this pair of Slash Goggles that I can't take off for some strange reason, so I'm currently seeing gayness everywhere. And I do mean everywhere. I was at school one day, and I found myself thinking, "Hey, those two would make such a nice pairing... I wonder what kind of fanfics will come out of it..."

ESPEONDANSEN = YES

I love how you're drawing them a little more realistically, it looks really good. I think the Emerald City picture could look great if you coloured it, I'm halfway tempted to try it myself :v

:D! Thank you so much~ Hee, that's very high praise :3
And I'm having fun dabbling with realism; I think I've finally gotten the hang of drawing noses... it only took 18 years X3

DANNI

WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME YOU WERE AN AWESOME ARTIST. :D

I'M SORRY, I SHOULD HAVE TOLD YOU.

FOR THE RECORD, MY OTHER TALENTS INCLUDE BREAKING BONES, KNOWING THE WORDS TO EVERY BROADWAY MUSICAL EVER AND DOING A VERY GOOD GOLLUM IMPRESSON.

Espeondansen! *Dances*

...I would say more but no words are coming to mind. It's like trying to fit some perosn who takes size 8 clothing into a size 5. Only with words.

Hee, that's the best metaphor ever. I'm very flattered X3

;;Gigglefits at Espeondansen;; I love it~ Oh my deary me~ It is pure awesomenocity, Danni~

Also whee, I like Elphaba with glasses! She looks pretty good~ And I love that expression on her face as she's reading, it's so focused and appropriate.

And wow, your human drawings are getting more realistic! Look at Elphaba in that flying monkey picture! I just love her face and her hair and everything's just perfect. <3 The eyes and expression are just wow. No seriously, wow~

The phoenix is prettiful, Danni man. Quite prettiful! I love the tail feathers and the face, they're quite nice actually.

Thanks muchly for the detailed comment, you are awesome <3 I'm so glad you like them~

<3 <3 <3 <3

The ToS pictures made me laugh so hard... "Pink goes well with, uh, pink." :D

And the Yotsuba vs. Chiyo picture looks better scanned. The colors are so pretty... And bright... And pretty... And bright... And pretty... *shot*

Ahem. Anyway... Yay! More Gelphie pictures! Because I recently got this pair of Slash Goggles that I can't take off for some strange reason, so I'm currently seeing gayness everywhere. And I do mean everywhere. I was at school one day, and I found myself thinking, "Hey, those two would make such a nice pairing... I wonder what kind of fanfics will come out of it..."

ESPEONDANSEN = YES

Seeing the world through slash goggles makes everything more fun :D My best friend and I totally shipped an RE teacher at my old school (the nicest guy ever) with one of the history teachers and were devastated when the history teacher got engaged ):

And thank you! :3

You kids are totally awesome because you always cheer me up~ And I needed cheering up because I've been sick the last few days and needed something to distract me from my self-pity.

Couple of very, very quick doodles:

Me being miserable, Rain and Michika (?) (this is horrendous and I will redraw it at some point) and PK for PK :3

DSCF9034-1.jpg

That is all.

No Danni dear, YOU are awesome. <3 (And that comment was detailed? Wow. X3)

Poor sick Danni. D: ;;Pats on the back;; Feel better. :3 That picture just makes me go: "awwww" of the sick Danni. Also, yay, Dannipiercings are always awesome~ And I love the way you did your hair, it's all messy and really contributes to the poor sick Danniness.

How many times was the word "Danni" said in this post, anyway? X3

.... Does sickDanni haz Danniscarf?

*pats back* We shall distract you from the evil virus/bacteria by, uh... TAPDANCING! *trips*

Great job as always. I love sickDanni's hair. It's all messy and sickDanni-ish. See Arylett's post for more details.

Yay! It's finally done! Thank you!

I've been thinking about pursuading my parents to take me to see Wicked. It sounds really cool!

Anyway, get better soon Danni!

O__O

Epic bloody win. I expect I only know what about 10% of them even are (XD) but I still think they're brilliant. Makes my efforts look even more like garbage. If that were possible =3

You draw the cutest Pikas in the word =D

Keep up the good work Dannichu ^_^

Uhum I've been being lazy and looking but not commenting. :x

I love the concentration on Elphie's face in that studying one. X3 It just says "Thinking really hard - do not disturb". Her pose is pretty cool too, leaning slightly over the book. Glinda wearing glasses in the Emerald City one confused me for a second, but it's a cute picture. (I guess colouring in the background would be an almightly pain but it would look groovy in its full green sparklyness~ x3;)

The phoenixy one is sweet, too, but there's a little thing that looks off to me - its tail feathers look almost like they're being seen from straight on, while the bird itself it sort of at an angle... er, I'm not very good at explaining myself. It looks like you can see more of it's tail feathers on the left hand side than you should be able to, if you get what I mean.

Erk, Elphie's fingers are scary in the true-to-Oz one, but her hair looks great and the teeny flying monkey is just awesome~ Glinda looks almost the same, as you said, but I still like her hair (ringlets~) and the cute button nose thing she has going on. Whoo, actual noses! Well done~

Aw, poor sickDanni. Stay in bed and have a Kinovacookie. *Offers* But, uh, you depicted the "I feel like crap" part very well. X3;

.... Does sickDanni haz Danniscarf?

*pats back* We shall distract you from the evil virus/bacteria by, uh... TAPDANCING! *trips*

Great job as always. I love sickDanni's hair. It's all messy and sickDanni-ish. See Arylett's post for more details.

She might do. She willif she's feeling cold D:

Tapdancing does sound like an interesting alternative to feeling miserable. Thanks :3

Yay! It's finally done! Thank you!

I've been thinking about pursuading my parents to take me to see Wicked. It sounds really cool!

Anyway, get better soon Danni!

Thank you very much, and for the refs (I'll get on that :D). Wicked really is a pretty amazing play; the songs are amazing, the set and props are stunning and the plot's not as good as the book's but the characters are <3

O__O

Epic bloody win. I expect I only know what about 10% of them even are (XD) but I still think they're brilliant. Makes my efforts look even more like garbage. If that were possible =3

You draw the cutest Pikas in the word =D

Keep up the good work Dannichu ^_^

Eee~ Thank you so, so much! <3

*bump for Danni*

Anyway, your drawings are epic win.

And you've intrigued me into reading/seeing Wicked. :P

Thank you very much~ Wicked is well worth seeing/reading; the book's pretty adult-ish, though; lots of dark issues like politics, death, religion and sex. The musical's much happier :3

Uhum I've been being lazy and looking but not commenting. :x

I love the concentration on Elphie's face in that studying one. X3 It just says "Thinking really hard - do not disturb". Her pose is pretty cool too, leaning slightly over the book. Glinda wearing glasses in the Emerald City one confused me for a second, but it's a cute picture. (I guess colouring in the background would be an almightly pain but it would look groovy in its full green sparklyness~ x3;)

The phoenixy one is sweet, too, but there's a little thing that looks off to me - its tail feathers look almost like they're being seen from straight on, while the bird itself it sort of at an angle... er, I'm not very good at explaining myself. It looks like you can see more of it's tail feathers on the left hand side than you should be able to, if you get what I mean.

Erk, Elphie's fingers are scary in the true-to-Oz one, but her hair looks great and the teeny flying monkey is just awesome~ Glinda looks almost the same, as you said, but I still like her hair (ringlets~) and the cute button nose thing she has going on. Whoo, actual noses! Well done~

Aw, poor sickDanni. Stay in bed and have a Kinovacookie. *Offers* But, uh, you depicted the "I feel like crap" part very well. X3;

I'm feeling much better now, thank you :3

And thanks very, very much for the detailed comment. I'm rather proud of my actual noses, so I'm glad you like them too ^^'

I've been insanely busy with uni and uni-related stuff (like getting drunk and other important activities) the past week, so I've only got two humbe offerings right now.

A (mostly) finished version of the Lloyd and Genis on the world map:

DSCF9044.jpg

And House and Wilson XD
My housemate (who is too awesome for words) and I watched Cast Away the other night and I had this picture in my head the whole time X3

DSCF9042.jpg

Still on the lookout for a scanner :D

haha i finally sort of understand the wicked fanart *halfway through the book*

Now I only need to play ToS and PW and find a good scanlation of Yotsuba&, and I'll finally be able to understand everything else :D

Also I love that guy's expression in that last pic there. x3
It's all like T_T

And I still love your arts

That is all.

Back
Top Bottom