• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Random Scribblings vr. II

Shinyful bright colors... Rainbow... Smiley faces.... Magical unicorns...

What else does a picture need to be perfect?

And the group pic is LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

Please excuse me while I try not to drown in the awesomeness.

the first picture is awesome beyond words. I don't know which is which due to my lack of people-recognition skills, but still it's awesome~ wait hold on I just noticed. There are SLASH GOGGLES~

The second picture...
There are no words that can be used to describe it. I will now not be a hypocrite and not try to describe it anyway.

RAINBOWS~ Oh my God, Danni. So much COLOURS~! <3 I cannot even describe the awesomenocity. I love it so much, it brightened up my day a bit! Well hell, I think that thing could brighten up a HAUNTED HOUSE IN MIDNIGHT. Unicorns~

And wow, your humans are <3. Just <3. No seriously, they are. I wish I could draw them like that. Just so cute and so good and just I died of awesomenocity from that picture and am still dying from awesomenocity. (The OS Picture.) And now it's my desktop background.

Eeeee, oh you guys <3 Thank you!

I've gotten myself back in the drawing groove, it seems.

It's MEEEEEEEEEEE

img547.jpg

For the intro of my ninth sketchpad. I always draw myself on the first page of my skechpads for some reason. I just like drawing myself :D
If I can scan this up at some point so it's not all... crap, I might use it as a DA ID.

It's Glindaaaaaa~

img545.jpg

Hurrhurr.
So, uh, one of my absolute favourite things in Wicked is how blatantly gay Galinda is (and the fact nobody seems to notice). No, seriously. She's blatantly in love with Elphaba, and only marries her husband out of convenience.

And, uh this:

img548.jpg

This is a request for my lovely RL friend Alex. He wanted (where 'vanessa' is his name for Nessarose):

#•$12Alex - •$4•$9 says:
i want a picture
•#•$12Alex - •$4•$9 says:
of
Dannichu "Dorothy" Moray says:
Yeeeeeeees?
elphee with simba eating a cake and fyario pushing vanessa off her chair, elphee needs to be defying gravity too, simba has to b a king, fyario is just kl. erm and me in there somewhere
and u
and sarah
lol

This was very amusing to draw XD

God, why do all my pictures have such rambling explanations?

I have been very lazy of late and been a lurky lurk. :x

Ahhh I love the Halloween one. I think biro stuff looks good, but it can get a bit untidy around the edges of a drawing and such, but this one is quite clean-looking. And it has a smiley pumpkin. :D I like the design on Galinda's hat as well.

Hurr, I'm amused at how Wilson's looking in House's direction with this expectant expression. "So... hugs?" X3

The Magical Pony one is the happiest thing I've seen all week; quite possibly all month. Just... :D The rainbow's a bit wobbly, but aside from that it's awesome.

I think I've said this before, but I adore the OS one~ You got everyone's likenesses really well (and you amused Kratos!)

Hehe, the rainbowy Glinda is great. X3 I actually find this more amusing because of some thing my mum said the other day; she's reading Wicked at the moment.
"So, yeah, those two guys -"
"Crope and Tibbet?"
"Yes, them - well, it said they were "typical Emerald City boys" and uh they're pretty gay and stuff so... is everyone in the Emerald City gay or what? o_O"
"...(You never know.)"

That last one is nuts. XD I love poor grounded Nessa, I can just imagine her shouting abuse at Fiyero (who... has quite scary looking teeth here) while Sarah's like "um" and stuff. X3 And, you know, there's a little picnic going on to the side. Which is always fun.

Wow, the colours in your pictures have really been looking quite good lately~ Like very vivid and colourful, your style seems to have changed a bit. I can't explain it, I'm just... rambling on... but the way you do outlines and stuff, it just seems more vivid and colourful and outlines seem darker and it just seems very awesomenocity, keep it up Danni~

Danni picture is really cool. I like the legs, they're quite good. Not too straight or awkward. And the hair is really nice too. And the Rainbow Scarf, which we all know and love Danni for~ <3 And slashgoogles! X3 The pose in general is just wow~

And oh my God, more rainbows, YES~! Wicked Rainbows, Danni, Wicked Rainbows. ;;Wants to see Elphaba in a rainbow dress;; X3 I would snacker the night away~ I love the frillyness of the dress though and the expression on her face.

Not only was it amusing to draw, but it's VERY amusing to look at. ;;Snackergiggles;; Elphaba's expression is just AHAHAAHAHA, I love it. And the lion and Danni eating cake is very cute. And in general, it is just a very awesomenocity and quite amusing picture~

rrrrgh i feel like an ass for saying this but

Um, Dannichu? Anatomy. No, really. Nothing you draw ever has jaws or actual noses (closest you usually get is a cheekbone that's in the same general area, but that's not the same thing) and the eyes are too far apart. Consistently! Really, it looks like all you do is copy Azuma's stuff over and over again -- the mouths are the same style that's pretty identifiably his -- without a grasp of why he does what he does: things tend to be mostly the right shape, but in slightly the wrong place. The overall effect is "yaaaaay somebody copying from someone who tends to draw really stylized stuff and not getting it."

Where is the pony's jaw? What happened to its forehead? No, really. Horse heads aren't shaped like that.

Lions have knees and ankles: their back legs do not consist of a circle with an oval underneath it. Why do you draw them like they do? Its feet are fused with its knee. That's not good!

Your art is cute, though. 's probably the giant eyes.

Uuuh, thanks for the crit; I'll work on that.

In my defence about the pics with the pony and lion; they really, really weren't meant to be remotely accurate; I do use refrences and try and make stuff vaguely realistic if that's what aiming for, but in a picture where the sun is a giant smiley face, I was aiming for something recognisable as a horse than an actual horse.

Urgh, though; people's faces are horrible things >.<

Something not in Azuma's style~
Drew this last week in response to the back of my Pushing Daisies DVD telling me "Think Tim Burton being made controller of CBeeBees and handed a very large budget". The slant the stupid photo's taken on makes everything look strange and I'll never forgive myself for doing that to adorable little Cheno, but still.

By the way: Pushing Daisies might just be the best non-House thing on TV. Actually, they've cancelled it now (which saddens me more than words can say; goddamm you ABC D<), but try and catch it if it's on; it's original and fantastic; it's about a guy who can bring people back from the dead for a minute and when he touches them again, they go back to being dead. If he keeps them alive, someone else dies to compensate. And it's the happiest, sweetest, most feelgood thing ever. It's brilliant.

Here's what the characters actually look like.

img561.jpg

And I don't think I ever posted the finished version of this. It's old (and the positioning of the legs/feet are messed up and Elphaba's face looks completely flat and surskitty has a real point about the eyes being too far apart), but it makes me happy because my dad (who never approves of anything I do) said he liked it.
Clearly, I have issues.

img560.jpg

I'm doing a December Art-a-Thon, where I have to draw a picture a day during December, so don't expect much until December, and from there you can expect a lot :)

Last edited:
Actually, they've cancelled it now (which saddens me more than words can say; goddamm you ABC D<)

Nooooo D: But but argh. *Rants at nearest available person*

... That aside (for now); hurray, Tim Burton-y stuff~ I think Ned holds the greatest similarity to his real-life counterpart here - not sure what it is exactly, but his face is very Neddish. The guy who plays him has quite a pointy face too, maybe that's it. I like the sparkle at the end of his death-finger, too. X3 Olive looks fairly dumpy and cute compared to the other two, but her eyes are kind of freaky. o_O
I was going to say that the pie wasn't very Burton-like at all - but then I remembered Sweeny Todd. Hm.

Oh, I like the colouring on the second one, on Glinda in particular. The shading on her top, the bow attached to it and on her boots is pretty subtle and it looks good~

Huzzah, Art-a-Thon. Should be fun. :D

Oooh!

Very Burtony indeed, that first picture. It freaks me out a bit, but his style freaks me out. Especially the girl with the pie. She is CREEPY. And I agree with Kinovacakes, the sparkle at the end of the finger is a very nice touch!

The Elphaba and Galinda picture with them dressed up in crazy costumes is impressive! Though the eyes are too far apart, just as you said. Would you like a tip on how to make eyes not so far apart? My art teacher told me this back in the day... a general rule of thumb is that eyes are as far apart as one eye. They are one eye's distance. So basically here's what you do. You draw your eyes, then you draw a VERY LIGHT third eye in the middle of them. And if the distance between them is not as long as that third eye, they're too close or too far apart. I hope this helped.

And umm Elphaba's shoes look a little funky. Weird, I mean. Especially the left one, looks too... to the side. I can't explain it, dear God. Oh and so does Galinda's left shoe. But the creases and folds in them are nice. Also, good shading. And the legs and body shapes are also pretty good. Well done, that. Poses as well.

EVANGELION. PUSHING DAISIES.

I still need to watch Pushing Daisies, but still. I've heard about how awesome it is.

Awesome coloring skills as always. And the first picture is scary... It's like the messing-with-styles-Phoenix-Wright-picture all over again. And that spark on the finger really adds a nice touch.

And the second picture is full of awesome.

~Awesome again Danni~ The first picture is awesome even if I haven't watched Pushing Daisies. The second picture is just plain good.

Crazy Linnone you are in an art thread crazy stalky mood, tee he he. I feel random.

Anyone who's seen my face will vouch for the truth in this statement :3

I feel the same about my face, honestly. But Dannichu's art continues to be awesomerific. I showed my brother everything on the thread and he kept screaming, "AAARG I have diabetes now!!"
Take it as a compliment. He means something like so sweet he has diabetes or something. I think.

Last edited:
Aww, thank you everyone! :D

Hehe, yeah, my art has been described as diabetes-inducing before. I take it as the highest compliment :3

And I'll give the 'third eye' thing a go, Arylett~

I lied about the "no updates till December" thing because I'd forgotten that I had an essay to write and, as we all know, nothing makes you want to draw like having something that you really, really need to do, but really, really don't want to.

I was also listening to a helluva lot of Barenaked Ladies music at the time.

So here's my Brian Wilson-based doodle, inspired by the lines "buildin' castles in the sun (woah woah)/ and singin' 'Fun Fun Fun'"
(uh, those are headphones, not earmuffs >>)

And a creepy Maya. For the lulz.

img563.jpg

And this one's based of their song 789, which is the funniest thing ever. X3

img562.jpg

And this has nothing to do with my art in the slightest, but I found it hilarious and it was on my camera, so you guys can have it, too. It's from the DS game Luminous Arc, which is a fair bit of fun and has its occasional hilarious lines. X3

LA1.jpg

Oh well, In 5 years time we could be walking round the zoo,
With the sun shining brightly over me and you~

The artwork is amazing, as always, Danni.

Oh, and I have a request. [Discount the Rain/Machika one, unless you want to do it.] I've been watching a few of the THINK! road safety adverts, and I'd like to see Danni's interpritation of one. Without a dead Dannichu, preferably.

Back
Top Bottom