• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Random Scribblings vr. II

Uuh... kneeling? To the side? I have no idea. I was drawing more to relive boredom than artistic genius and only posted to keep the thread vaguely alive between now and December.

I'll give the Rain and Michika pic a go sometime over December probably, Kai and... I don't have a TV and generally live in a media-free bubble, so I'm not entirely sure what the THINK! thingies are... do you have a link?

Ach, Danni why is your art so adorable? I've not been blasted by so much cuteness in...

...ever.

It's all so pleasant to look at. Oh yes, and the Unicorn bus. :x

Hehe; thanks hugely, guys :D

Here's the Art-a-Thon pic for the 1st:

dec1.jpg

(must... work... on... hands >>)

30 more to go! :3

Last edited:
If an image could kill aids with cuteness, that would be the one. However, the Erika-esque one, central at the bottom, has slightly wonky looking eyes?

I knooooow. I really messed up the inking there. The guy in green at the top also has really funky-looking eyes, but it's not as noticable when he's upside-down for some reason. I'm gonna need to work on that. >>

Hmm... do I have to sign up for the Art-A-Thon? If I do, can you give me the link or something?

Great picture, by the way. They're all so cute, especially the ones upside-down. It makes me laugh :D

Ahaha; I know it's only a doodle, but I am way too amused by the seven-eight-nine one. XD

I love the Actual Reality one~ The inking looks really good on this. Even if Roger's eyes are a little crooked, he's looking a lot more Roger-y than in some of your older doodles - it looks like you've mastered his hair a bit more. And I do like his shirt and beads. Also Collins' little grin and Joanne's "Oh Maureen you big silly X3" expression. (That's what it looks like to me, at least).

You've got thirty days to force yourself to practice hands. Fun, eh? |D

Eeeh, I love you for saying you like Roger's hair; I was so happy with the way it came out :D
I very rarely draw Joanne without an "Oh Maureen...." expression, really. They just kinda invite it X3

I'm really looking forward to practicing hands, actually. I'm trying to focus on them in the pictures I'm drawing and I'm doodling them randomly on scraps of paper (well, hands and arms, because being able to draw hands is no good if they're not in proportion to anything), and while I'm not expecting great things to happen, it'll be interesting to see if there are any differences from now to a month from now :)

Ooh, and Darksong; you don't have to sign up for it at all; it's a random thing the TCoD Art Group (Obsessive Scribblers in the Club section of the forum) are doing; you can draw a picture a day by yourself, but if you join the club and post your pictures there, you'll get comments and support to stick with it, so it's a really good idea. And, of course, the more the merrier! :D

Really quick doodle today because I was busy; better stuff coming soon!

DSCF9034-3.jpg

Yes okay, thanks for the info.

I lost at the NaNoWriMo, but I love that picture. I can only draw natural things. I'm bad at humans or anything human-made. Great drawings. I hope to see more! Of course, you're always drawing new things, but I say that anyway.

Wonderful! I didn't do Nano. It seems so much writing to do in one month which sound impossible for me. I don't know people manage.

Well, I don't have the patience to write that much. Plus I'm really fussy about my work and always throw out my stories because they suck that bad. I haven't finished one story but have started quite a few.

Thanks, EeveeSkitty :)

I suspect most people who visit here also frequent the Obsessive Scribbler Club and will have already seen these, but I'll post them here on the offchance that someone who hasn't seen them will enjoy them. (that was slightly disjointed, I think)

Pictures from the ArtMo!

3rd (for PK's birthday)

DSCF9034-4.jpg

4th (not coloured yet)

Dec4.jpg

5th (the Mage from Disgaea with a random colour scheme I threw together. Drawn to maybe-kinda help me improve drawing clothing folds.)

Dec5.jpg

25 more to go! :D

PK's birthday present is divine~ I especially like the ears. But the head doesn't appear to be attached to anything... it doesn't really have a neck. Also the left forepaw appears to be a bit too straight and the left backpaw protrudes out too much slightly. I notice however, that you're using thicker outlines~ I like that.

I love the wintery picture! Oh wow, it's amazing. The folds in the clothes and everything are very nicely done, I can't even see anything wrong with their proportions. Good anatomy. Elphaba's hands are amazing and I love Galinda's expression~ Wintery clothes is also generally awesomenocity. The bench though... it's not really straight. It seems to kind of slope downwards... if you know what I mean. It's uneven.

And wow, the Mage is definitely my favourite one! Look at all those colours, shading, and folds! It's amazing. The pose is great too! It's just perfect, definite awesomenocity for sure~

Thank you all; especially for the detailed comment <3

Bit of an art dump here; the last five days of DraMo's pictures:

The 6th:

Dec06.jpg

My friend Jemma's team (by "team" I mean "she picked six Pokemon and I drew them"). The Girafarig's legs, head and general body are horrendous, I know.

The 7th:

Dec07.jpg

Delibird is Mass Consumerismmon and you know it.

8th:

Dec08.jpg

Azumanga Daioh doodles. All drawn without refs, so I didn't bother to be adventurous with the poses. I had the most fun drawing those little chibis X3

9th:

Dec09.jpg

Christmas present for Crazy Linoone. I really like this one :)
I'm kinda hoping to draw Christmas pictures for the other OSers, but Linoone has the easiest to draw persona, so~

10th:

Dec10.jpg

I used the Cast Away joke before, but now I drew it marginally better. Except for House's hands. And arms. And things. The totem-pole of ducklings was a random afterthought and even though they're completely different shapes/sizes, it's Chase's expression that does it for me X3

More soon!

Back
Top Bottom