• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Random Scribblings vr. II

Aww, Yotsuba&Pokemon is cute. And the others are great, as usuall. Anyway, I have a request. Can you please draw Rain (you know which one I'm on about) and Machika? I'd love to see something from Immortal Rain done by Danni. :D

Sankyuuu~

Yotsuba's very close to being finished :3

Uh, random question for Kai; what colour would you like Rain's hair to be? It's different in every picture I see of him; green, pink, orange... so, uh, you pick :D

'Nother picture~
You'll have to hop over to DA to see this one because it's huge, though. It's a Wicked Meme :D Here

White or Pink. Like you said, It changes everytime. However, I always consider his hair to be white.

And that is literally, a Wicked meme. I laughed. Everyday a short one? He's a dead Bidoof walking.

Yay! More Wicked stuff! Snake and Kecleon makes me laugh. So does Galinda. And Yotsuba is awesome as always. And your Meme is awesome, too.

:D

Your drawings are awesome, as always~

I love the way you drew that Hoppip. I don't know, but it just makes it look really cool. The legs and the body, very nice!

The same with Kecleon, it's great! You have an awesome (I need to get a thesaurus) style of drawing Pokemon.

And wow, look at that second-to-last one with the one girl on top of the other! The poses are impressive, I certainly couldn't draw anything like that. I particularly like the arms and legs, they're really good, long and realistic-ish.

Lastly, the Snake picture is funny~ I mean, look at his expression. It's wonderful, I really like the way you drew it.

Thanks very much; as always, you guys are pure awesome :3

(as a side note, I absolutely adore the out of context quote in Crazy Linoone's sig XD)

More art~

Finished the Yotsuba picture~

img459.jpg

Isn't she so happy? I wanted to give her a Wooper somehow, but didn't have room. I might redraw her with a whole team if I'm bored sometime.

I started a new sketchpad yesterday (my eighth, if you couldn't guess) and on the first page I always draw me because, uh, I'm egotistical like that.
I screwed up the mouth beyond belief, but enjoy anyway:
img461.jpg

And a picture of my most favouritest person in the world; my baby sister.
We were both immensely bored and playing a game where we put one of our MP3 players on random and try and guess the song and artist first (we have exactly the same taste in music, so it doesn't matter whose). She also stole my hat, so I drew her. Which was a dumb move because her hair is about a million colours and very hard to get right. I think I got it okay, though.

Fun fact: drawing clothing creases and patterns is very, very hard. That dressing gown sleeve nearly killed me x.x
img462.jpg

I love those three pictures. Your style is just so awesome! Just out of interest, how old is your 'baby' sister?

...fifteen. X3

I call her that purely to irritate her (I realize the futility of calling her that on here, given she's never gonna read this - I hope o.o) and to remind her of my infinate superiority as Older Sibling.

Thank you, muchly. Yotsuba, Oddish, and Hoppip all show their blissful personalities, which I wouldn't want any other way. I adore the colours you've used, and their vividness. Hoppip is stylized wonderously :3 I bet that Wooper you would have drawn would have been superb. I'm fond of the Pokémon you've picked for her. The clothing creases are marvelous. I want her hat, lots. I like the grass for some reason. The shading is wonderous. Thank you~ <333333

Ooh, you didn't use hands this time (once you past you twentith one try using someone else's hands :3) The balloon is wonderous, as well as its shading, though I'm pretty sure that the end is more cirlcular than ragged. The balloon has a very long string for a balloon, but it's obviously awesome like that, right? Your hair is drawn well.

I have to get off, so I'll finish the critic later.

(as a side note, I absolutely adore the out of context quote in Crazy Linoone's sig XD)
Haha. Thanks. I was lurking around on the forums, and I just couldn't help myself when I found this quote.

Did I mention that I love your yellow shoes with the smiley face? And the clothing folds and stuff is awesome. Every time I draw some sort of fabric, it comes out looking like cardboard... I really love the bright colors on everything, and the shading, too. I WANT YOUR COLOR PENCILS >.<

I love my smiley shoes too <3 I have to wear them with two pairs of socks, though, or I get blisters.

I want Yotsuba's hat as well~ And I'll give using other people's hands/possibly my feet a go once I get to my eleventh book X3

Two more quick pictures, drawn yesterday while my best friend and I were playing Tales of Symphonia and MGS4;

(if you don't know: Raine fails at cooking and Colette likes dogs)
I honestly don't know why Colette has one hand with fingers and one blobby hand.
If you get the refrence Raine's cookbook is making, you win :D

img469.jpg

And a slightly smudgy Otacon, Sarah's favourite MGS character. I fail at drawing men D:

img470.jpg

Whoo?

I really love Grabby's clothes in the picture of her, and the black and white pictures of Raine and Colette are lovely, as well. There are lots of things I missed in the short time I was away, but, um, I'm too lazy to comment on them now. Everything is great, though~

Aww, your favouritest person in the world is your sister? That's so awesome, I really like my sister too. <3 That picture of her is really nice, good vivid colours~

Raine, yay! And Colette... not yay. Two very awesome pictures, though. :D The shading on the Colette one is quite good.

hey danni did I ever tell you your art is amazing and cute and makes me smile? it's true~
there are enough steps involved in making oatmeal that it demands a thick book :o
otacon is all [tinygrin] and could probably pass as either male or female

Last edited:
AAAAHHH I AM A BAD PERSON.

I am very, very sorry for neglecting this place for so long (I'm not sure if I'm talking to the thread or the people who frequent it) and even the updates I have are kinda crap. >.>

I've been busy; I won't bore you with the details, but a very awesome anime convention and a TV show about a very sarcastic doctor deserve as much of the blame as I do.

Aww, your favouritest person in the world is your sister? That's so awesome, I really like my sister too. <3

Yup <3 She's absolutely awesome and likes all the same stuff I like and can put up with me in the morning and is generally really great.

I've recently fallen in love with MGS and Otacon so when I saw your picture I nearly died <3

All your drawings so far look wonderful although most don't have a background :/

MGS is amazing. I've re-fallen in love with it after watching my best friend play through most of MGS4. And Otacon's my favourite character (I love Sniper Wolf and Gray Fox, though).
And I would draw backgrounds, except I fail at structual things like, uh, rooms and buildings. I can kinda do fields and trees, though >.o

I'm glad to say after my absence, that Dani's art is as amazing as always ;D
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Da8xwtmHg2s
I command thee to see Snake doing the Caramelldansen.

:D!
*caramelldances*

hey danni did I ever tell you your art is amazing and cute and makes me smile? it's true~
there are enough steps involved in making oatmeal that it demands a thick book :o
otacon is all [tinygrin] and could probably pass as either male or female

D'aww, thank you very muchly <3
My men look like womeeeeeen I can't help it~

Aaaand the actual pictures!

When I called this thread Random Scribblings, I didn’t mean for them to get this random.
So my sister and I were on a long (and bumpy) coach ride up to Milton Keynes (a 9-hour journey including stops) so she’d suggest random things for me to draw like “Glinda wanting a latte” or “Mark from RENT in the One Short Day scene”. I have no idea, to be honest.

img471.jpg

Pika?

img472.jpg

And Wicked study sessions. No idea what inspired this, but sleepy Glinda is just too cute to resist <3

img473.jpg

Immortal Rain pic is in the works, I swear~

Ahh Sleeping Galinda is adorable~ Her ears and fingers look really good in the sleeping picture (the one in the middle of the paper) and for some reason the desk lamp looks cool. :D Her hands in the bottom picture look good too, as does Elphie's expression. I like Galinda's "studyface" in the top picture, but the foot closest to us looks a little square compared to the one behind it (demonic things feet are, though).

I love Elphie's "not impressed" face on the top paper~ I was slightly thrown seeing Galinda with an expression that wasn't ":D" for once, though. The Pikachu is very sweet. x3

Note: You seem to be rather good at drawing arms. o.o

(Also ook~ anime convention; will probably be demanding details in next PM xD;)

Talk about random. Goats are not meant to defy gravity. XDXD Oh, I can't stop laughing~

Pikachu is awesomely coloured! But it looks sort of dog-like. The body and the paws... just look doggish.

Again, I envy you. No seriously, you can draw humans sitting down on chairs and laying down and that's just something I cannot do~ All the poses are so different and interesting, good job!

Back
Top Bottom