• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Random Scribblings vr. II

img477.jpg
oh my god this is adorable
you are adorable

what can i draw for you

I only wish I knew what half of these drawings were about. XD ;;Completely out of the loop;;

There's nothing really that I can find to criticize, because they're just so awesome~ No seriously, they are. And you say you're not good at humans! ;;Looks on in disbelief;; Awesomenocity, Dannichu, awesomenocity. Like I said before, the poses really are dynamic. And you're getting pretty good at drawing facial expressions as well.

Aw, I love Collin's alternate lyrics to It Sucks To Be Me, even if they are a little depressing. *Sympathetic cookies for Collins* Angel dancing through life looks good, too. There's clothing-folds and funky shading and a happy Angel is an awesome Angel~
I like all Wilson's expressions in the House one; his face in the third panel (there are no lines seperating them but never mind) especially. He's like *smug :3*

"Maureen, I am gay."
"Oh, good." XD

Mark Monster is adorable :D

Hehehe...cute. Really gotta love the alternative situations for song lyrics...poor Collins...

Also, very cute Quilava up the page. *Glance left, glance right, hides snag machine behind back, inches closer* And Houndoom and Absol, of course.

I only wish I knew what half of these drawings were about. XD ;;Completely out of the loop;;

You're not the only one~ XP The only people I know in Danni's art is Galinda and Elphie from Wicked (the book)...

Your art is super awesome and cute as always. And the goat is awesome. So is Angel.

I need to go watch RENT.

Thank you very, very muchly for all the comments - and indeed for visiting this thread when I keep neglecting it like this. Ilu guys <3

[rant]
You know what I hate? Technology.

I've drawn loads of new pictures and was excited to get home so I could scan them up, but the scanner's not working. First is says "Cannot open scanner" and I fiddle around for a bit and it eventually says "Scanner is either warming up or scanning something else", which it wasn't, so I decided to leave it and grab the digital camera. The digital camera's not working, instead coming up with a message saying "Frame Number Full". So I delete everything on there and fiddle around with the settings till it works and then take crappy-quaility pictures. The I try and go on the internet to upload them and lo and behold, the internet is now broken. Luckily it was just a cable I knocked out while messing around with the scanner, but still. I hate electronic things D<

[/rant]

If you read all that... well done and thank you :3

So, just to warn you, these are of incredibly crap quality and nowhere near as good as they'd look if I could scan them.

Pencil doodle of Galinda and Elphie in gothicy stuff. Drawn while watching Enchanted with my sister and her friend.

(Enchanted, by the way, was ruined for me by how unrealistic it was. I can suspend my belief for the talking animals, the going from an animated world to our world, the kiss reviving someone before midnight and all that - but someone leaving Idina Menzel for someone else? That just doesn't happen.)

DSCF9003.jpg

This is the result of me messing around with realism. I'm very happy with how it came out :3

DSCF9004.jpg

More realism, less good this time. But given how infrequently I draw noses, you can't blame me.

DSCF9006.jpg

For those of you who don't know, slash goggles give you the power to see gay subtext in anything. You wish you had some X3

DSCF9007.jpg

Hahaha. I had my scanner too. It used to work quite easily. You just stick the picture in and press the scan button. Now it's not working anymore, and no matter how hard I press the scan button, nothing happens! Besides the weird blinking on/off lights...

Why aren't Galinda and Elphie the first picture holding hands? WHY? *shot*

Lovely hands you've drawn there. Much improvement from the round things you used to draw~ And I love the way you shade realistic Elphie's hair. It's really prettyful and awesome and stuff. And so is everything else.

:D Rainbow Slash Goggles.

First comment. :D

Danniart~ I missed it. :3

Ah, technology. Isn't it just wonderful sometimes? The photos look fine, though.

Galinda's wearing her gothic lolita dress again, I think~ Also she has actual ringlets and actual hands, I see - the front two ringlets look really nice (though... slightly odd in comparison to the rest of the hair, but better than Galinda's usual hair nonetheless) and the thumb looks pretty well placed. Elphie reminds me of Violet from The Incredibles, but she also looks really good. x3

Oh, I love the realistic Elphie. Her hair looks so natural and wispy and soft~ Her nose looks pretty good considering you hardly ever draw them, and I really like the shade you used for her skin. Hat ~ <3

Galinda looks fairly realistic, but her head is... I don't know, sort of squat. A bit flat, which makes some of her features (like her nose) look squashed down more than they should. Her eyes, hair (shiiiny~) and neck all look good, though.

XD Slash goggles. That picture made me laugh rather a lot x3 I like the whole "Yay let's go on a slash adventure~" thing that seems to be going on. Also this one, to me, looks like the closest likeness to, um, actual you compared to the other Danni's you've done. Does that make sense?
... I suddenly really want a pair of rainbow-tinted glasses. :D

Whoo~ More stuffety stuffs I know nothing about, resume awkward comments! (Mmm, I saw what you said in Kinova's thread. Is this Wicked thing a movie AND a book? ;;Contemplates this;;)

First off, wow, those are pictures you took with a camera? Holy crap... you have an amazing camera... Those drawings are scanner-quality. I thought for a moment that you got your scanner fixed or something and just scanned these pictures on. ;;Pats you on the back;; Technology can suck sometimes though. D:

The first one with the green faced witch lady (see? Awkward comment~ XD) is really good. No seriously, I am very impressed! It is a good portrait and quite realistic. Especially the expression, it is just so serious, I love it. <3

I agree with Kinova on her comments on the second portrait (the blond girl one). It's good, but the nose is sort of funky, off. It's flat, just as she said. But very nice curly hair, good and realistic. ^^ (Looks sort of like my hair, actually. XD)

Slash googles are so pretty and rainbowy~ They would go so well with my Kinovahat and Arylettjumper. Oh yes, oh yes, I'd be at the height of fashion with those. (And seeing gay subtext in everything? Ooh, that would only make things better~) One minor issue, the arm that's not holding the map is sort of funky-looking. I don't know... it looks too straight and the angle looks sort of strange. ;;Is vague and unhelpful;;

The first drawing is awesome, Glinda looks good as usual, and Elphie is awesome. The shape of face fits her so well~ You should draw her like that more. Realistic Elphie=<3 She looks amazing and so real! Realistic Glinda's face, as others have said, is too flat. Her nose is too big also...

Ooh, I want a pair of slash goggles! Then I could find evidence for SatoshixShigeruxShinji (For all those dub watchers out there, that's AshxGaryxPaul)*fangirl squeal* That and they're rainbow colored. =D

Last edited:
Oh, you kids are lovely~

Hahaha. I had my scanner too. It used to work quite easily. You just stick the picture in and press the scan button. Now it's not working anymore, and no matter how hard I press the scan button, nothing happens! Besides the weird blinking on/off lights...

Why aren't Galinda and Elphie the first picture holding hands? WHY? *shot*

Lovely hands you've drawn there. Much improvement from the round things you used to draw~ And I love the way you shade realistic Elphie's hair. It's really prettyful and awesome and stuff. And so is everything else.

:D Rainbow Slash Goggles.

First comment. :D

I am so editing that pic to make them hold hands >D I can't draw people holding hands for the life of me, but I'm still going to try.

Eee, I'm glad I'm improving. Drawing hands is coming a bit more naturally to me now; it's still easier to draw random blobs, obviously, but I think I'm kinda getting there X3

Danniart~ I missed it. :3

Ah, technology. Isn't it just wonderful sometimes? The photos look fine, though.

Galinda's wearing her gothic lolita dress again, I think~ Also she has actual ringlets and actual hands, I see - the front two ringlets look really nice (though... slightly odd in comparison to the rest of the hair, but better than Galinda's usual hair nonetheless) and the thumb looks pretty well placed. Elphie reminds me of Violet from The Incredibles, but she also looks really good. x3

Oh, I love the realistic Elphie. Her hair looks so natural and wispy and soft~ Her nose looks pretty good considering you hardly ever draw them, and I really like the shade you used for her skin. Hat ~ <3

Galinda looks fairly realistic, but her head is... I don't know, sort of squat. A bit flat, which makes some of her features (like her nose) look squashed down more than they should. Her eyes, hair (shiiiny~) and neck all look good, though.

XD Slash goggles. That picture made me laugh rather a lot x3 I like the whole "Yay let's go on a slash adventure~" thing that seems to be going on. Also this one, to me, looks like the closest likeness to, um, actual you compared to the other Danni's you've done. Does that make sense?
... I suddenly really want a pair of rainbow-tinted glasses. :D

Yeah, Galinda's lolita dress is exactly the same; I used the earlier one as a refrence. I wish I had the patience to make Galinda's hair look all curly all over like you do, but most of the time I'll give her ringlets at the front and then just make it wavy at the back. My laziness will kill me one day X3

Oh my God, you're right~ I figured Elphie reminded me of someone in that pic, but I couldn't place it XD I haven't seen the Incredibles in aaaages.

I'm very happy you like Elphie's skin in that one; I used about fiften different shades of green for it. I've got a page of me trying them all out and putting them in order from lightest to darkest, but I don't the the camera would take a good enough picture to show you.

Haha, that's kind of what I had in mind while drawing it. I find the expression "slash goggles" really funny and always kind of imagined it to be an item you could get in an RPG that gives you +5 in homoerotiscism or something (clearly I put far too much thought into this), and the design for them was fairly easy. I think they're going to become a permanent part of how I draw Dannichu XD

Whoo~ More stuffety stuffs I know nothing about, resume awkward comments! (Mmm, I saw what you said in Kinova's thread. Is this Wicked thing a movie AND a book? ;;Contemplates this;;)

First off, wow, those are pictures you took with a camera? Holy crap... you have an amazing camera... Those drawings are scanner-quality. I thought for a moment that you got your scanner fixed or something and just scanned these pictures on. ;;Pats you on the back;; Technology can suck sometimes though. D:

The first one with the green faced witch lady (see? Awkward comment~ XD) is really good. No seriously, I am very impressed! It is a good portrait and quite realistic. Especially the expression, it is just so serious, I love it. <3

I agree with Kinova on her comments on the second portrait (the blond girl one). It's good, but the nose is sort of funky, off. It's flat, just as she said. But very nice curly hair, good and realistic. ^^ (Looks sort of like my hair, actually. XD)

Slash googles are so pretty and rainbowy~ They would go so well with my Kinovahat and Arylettjumper. Oh yes, oh yes, I'd be at the height of fashion with those. (And seeing gay subtext in everything? Ooh, that would only make things better~) One minor issue, the arm that's not holding the map is sort of funky-looking. I don't know... it looks too straight and the angle looks sort of strange. ;;Is vague and unhelpful;;

Wicked is a book that's a kind of prequel to the Wizard of Oz; it tells the story of the witches when they were at school and were friends before Dorothy et al had their thrilling adventure.
The green girl, Elphaba, is the Wicked Witch of the West before she "became wicked", and Galinda, the blonde, is a younger Glinda the Good. The book is all kinds of awesome and was made into a Broadway musical a few years ago. The musical version's much lighter (less death, sex, religion and politics - but still heavy on the not-so-subtle lesbianism between the two leads) but still very, very good.

(Watch this. It's pretty amazing. And I can't help but smile at 3:14 at Glinda's adorable "that is the woman I'm going to marry" grin X3)

I guess they came out decently enough; better than poor Spoon's do, at any rate. I find they come out best when you're in a bright room, and have the camera's flash turned off and Macro (an option that lets you take close-up shots) on. And then I edited them after I'd uploaded them on the computer to make them a little brighter.

I'm really, really glad you like the Elphaba portrait; it's my first attempt at a realistic human since art class in year 7 when we had to do a self-portrait (trust me; mine wasn't pretty).

What about Danniscarf? ;;

I agree that the arm looks a little off and I can't really tell why; I think it's because the lower part (uh, the bit with the radius and ulna) is too long. But it doesn't immediately look that way because Danni's head is freaking huge. Oh, I don't know. The elbow's at a funny angle, but that's excusable because my real elbow's at a funny angle XD

The first drawing is awesome, Glinda looks good as usual, and Elphie is awesome. The shape of face fits her so well~ You should draw her like that more. Realistic Elphie=<3 She looks amazing and so real! Realistic Glinda's face, as others have said, is too flat. Her nose is too big also...

Ooh, I want a pair of slash goggles! Then I could find evidence for SatoshixShigeruxShiji (For all those dub watchers out there, that's AshxGaryxPaul)*fangirl squeal* That and they're rainbow colored. =D

I want a pair of slash goggles, too ;; Not that I have a problem finding subtext in everything, you understand, they just look damn cool XD

I must've stopped watching before Paul was interoduced, but Ash and Gary have subtext-a-mundo, I love it X3 Geez, I haven't read Pokemon fanfiction in ages. I should remedy that.

Thanks again guys <33

Last edited:
Ooh, I like the song~ Now it's stuck in my head~ Defying graaaavity~ ;;Makes a mental note to buy this book;; :D Oh Dannichu, you've managed to successfully convert another to Dannifandomism~

GASP. You're giving ME a Danniscarf? I shall do it justice! Justice in the name of the great Dannichu. This item, this sacred item... ;;Holds it up high;; ...shall be added to my fashionable repetoire of clothes! I deem it so! ;;Puts on Danniscarf;; (Oh god, I SO want to draw that now. Me in all that crazy clothes. ;;Flies off to do so;;)

Last edited:
Wow... Realistic drawings... from Dannichu? This is just my imagination, isn't it? 'Cause that is just so bloody good. I'd like to see more of that in the future.

I fail because I haven't done any requests at all. Actually, I haven't been drawing much recently because all my stuff is all over my room because I'm clearing out for uni. Whoo~

Nonetheless, have a bazillion and one pictures because I was going through some old sketchpads earlier and found some I don't think I ever uploaded (or Spoon asked me to find :3).

Coloured version of one a few pages back involving pinning to the bed for popularity's sake (this one was so much better than this photo makes it out ;;):

DSCF9005.jpg

A new one of Galinda; this was me experimenting with watercolours and dresses. The pose kinda sucks, but yeah:

DSCF9012.jpg

Tales of Symphonia doodles:

DSCF9013.jpg

(OLD STUFF)

PW Girl Cats (no, not catgirls):

DSCF9017.jpg

Human-version of my Purugly, Kanni:

DSCF9025.jpg

Pikachu with Keyblade X3 :

DSCF9030.jpg

Human Xatu:

DSCF9032.jpg

Human Electabuzz (wtf is wrong with that mouth O.o):

DSCF9033.jpg

Human Ninetales (dressed as Lloyd Irving for some reason):

DSCF9034.jpg

General Pokemon-as-Humans:

DSCF9031.jpg

(VERY OLD - 2006-ish)

Ice-type Ninetales:

DSCF9029.jpg

Becky and Bansra, my Linoone and Jolteon, with Bansra feeling like crap:

DSCF9028.jpg

My Chikorita and Bayleef as humans and Pokemon:

DSCF9037.jpg

Drawing of a bunch of my Pokemon as humans:
(L-to-R: Absol, Jolteon, Charizard, Cubone, Raichu, Flareon, Marshtomp, Flygon, Linoone, Vaporeon)

DSCF9036.jpg

I miss my scanner ;;

Those Human Pokémon are so clever! Wigglytuff's eyes fit perfectly.
It's strange how you can express so much with mainly the hair.

They're all so adorable :3

The Pokemon humans are adorable x3
Who are the girls at the beginning and end of the first row in the PW cat picture? I can't tell :o
*gives it another check to make sure he isn't being a retard and still doesn't work it out*

Maggey (you're forgiven for this one, given I didn't colour her at all) and Adrian (the blonde should've given it away X3).

Thank you! <3

Whoa, so much to comment on!

Okay, first off, Ice-type Ninetales is one of the prettiest things I've ever seen~ It's so lovely and graceful-looking!

Also, I lovelovelove your human Pokémon! They're just so good, because they manage to look like the Pokémon they are supposed to be without having things like Pokémon ears or tails. And that is just brilliant, something I wish I could do. (My favourite's Xatu, she's cool. :D)

The Bayleef and Chikorita one (with them as Pokémon) are a bit funny. Bayleef's arm is at a weird angle and the legs are sort of fat and too straight. I love Chikorita though, it is too awesome~

And Pikachu with the Keyblade is just XD. Makes me think of King Mickey, actually.

WANT @slash goggles~ <3

Also, human Electabuzz and Becky and Bansra are awesome too. |D~

Back
Top Bottom