• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rate The Song Above!

Video's kind of creepy. But! Besides that, that was actually pretty good. Better than expected, honestly, because I've never heard of them and they kind of have that generic "this could be a phylum or something" name ending in -ia. The lyrics seemed sort of redundant, but the instrumentation was very nice. The choir was also a very nice touch. Also the drummer looks awesome.

Coheed and Cambria that isn't Welcome Home? blasphemy

oh hai moar cumdump -- oh wait sorry

umm, hey look it doesn't sound like Nightwish x 100. it was a bit repetitive for a while but things improved and yes I would actually listen to this. Female vocals (of course) sound pretty nice and keyboards are always cool. whatevs.

Audio kind of sucks, but whatever.

oh hai moar cumdump -- oh wait sorry

umm, hey look it doesn't sound like Nightwish x 100. it was a bit repetitive for a while but things improved and yes I would actually listen to this. Female vocals (of course) sound pretty nice and keyboards are always cool. whatevs.

Audio kind of sucks, but whatever.
I have to admit, this is pretty good. Very powerful. Wouldn't add it to my playlist just yet, but it's good for any power metal fan.

CAN I PLAY WITH MADNEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!

This is why Iron Maiden deserve all the praise.

I have to admit, this is pretty good. Very powerful. Wouldn't add it to my playlist just yet, but it's good for any power metal fan.

CAN I PLAY WITH MADNEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!

This is why Iron Maiden deserve all the praise.
Haha, that song is my 3rd most listened song on lastfm (have 59 plays of it), and for very good reasons. Despite having that many plays of it though, not saying that it's the best Iron Maiden song, that title would go to either Hallowed Be Thy Name or The Thin Line Between Love And Hate (except they're too long to get as many plays from them).

Symphony X - Paradise Lost

I don't need to actually listen to this song to tell you I like it because I've heard it often and I have heard it live as well.

Pain of Salvation - Ashes

As we walk through the ashes, I whisper your name... who's the one with the sickest mind now?

Possibly the best song written on three chords ever. Or so the girl that runs the fansite of this band says. And I agree with her.

Sounds strong

I don't have a link, so just YouTube a song by Spineshank called "Smothered"

The black and cold reminds me
Of all the distance we have crossed
And if your darkness blinds me
I could never be more lost

But I'm not the one who seeks your protection
I'm not the one to share the disguise
And I'm not the one that reeks of rejection
I'm not the one to tear the same way twice

(Chorus-

You push from the inside
Smothered
You push from the inside out
Smothered) [X2]

Here all your walls surround me
They're closing in they block my sight
The violence around me
Found me when I could not fight

But I'm not the one to take your direction
I'm not the one who wears the disguise
And I'm not the one to share your reflection
I'm not the one you break the same way twice

(Chorus)

I will never win
I will never win with you (X2)

I read you
I fear you round up
No more than you know

I hate you
I still do
Everytime you let me go...

(Chorus)

I will never win
I will never win with you (X2)

SMOTHERED!

I'M SMOTHERED!

That Pain of Salvation song was fucking awesome. I really need to check them out. What album is the best to begin with?

Ignoring Celestial Blade's post because a) the lyrics were complete garbage and b) he was too lazy to provide a link.

Flowing Tears - Merlin

That Pain of Salvation song was fucking awesome. I really need to check them out. What album is the best to begin with?

Ignoring Celestial Blade's post because a) the lyrics were complete garbage and b) he was too lazy to provide a link.

Flowing Tears - Merlin

Remedy Lane. All their albums are excellent though (I'm a huge, huge fan...)... this song is on The Perfect Element Part 1, another good place to start. BE may be their best album but it's so overblown. I suggest Remedy Lane and TPE and then working backwards and forwards through their catalogue (they have six records out and an acoustic live thingy).

The Dezzuu song doesn't sound like melodeath. At all. It sounds like shitty metalcore. I think I'm gonna turn this off right now. The vocals are pretty gay as well.

Dark Tranquillity - Monochromatic Stains

This is melodeath, Dezzuu.

Very creepy, especially the opening. Agreed with the vocalist, but the song sort of sucks the life out of the listener. In a good, yet misunderstood way.

Elbow - Grounds for Divorce.

This is actually great. The riff is groovy enough. Very reminiscent of LedZep.

Back
Top Bottom