• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rate The Video Game Song Above!

Woah, 3/10

Megaman is NOT my kind of music. Seriously. It's like some of guy goes up to you and tries to make all the electronica sounds by going "do da de da"

Just say this to yourself: do dododo dadde deda dada beoop bop dadad dadedeeeeee. That's what is sounds like to me. Also, that particular song was way to repetitive. Same thing over and over.

Vivi's Theme
LA LA LA LA LALALALA

Nigga plz, saying that;s one of your favorite tracks is like the saying your the epitome of all evil. Really, that reptitive electronica stuff isn't good. Maybe it is during the setting of the game, but not as a song.

Well, I enjoy listening to this, so you certainly have a point.

But I think you and I are the very opposite in this case, Erif, like oil and water. To me, that is music, to me, the Giygas theme is music, to me, THIS is music. And to me, Final Fantasy can go hide under a rock
My point is that music doesn't have certain thing that says it music, to me it's more about the feeling you get when you listen to it.
Now, I'd mind if you kept on topic.

EDIT: And while speaking of it, if you where to say any of those words to the Megaman/Donkey Kong fan community they'd go apeshit on you. Your opinion isn't the true one, don't act like it, because you certainly do. At least I try NOT to anger others when I comment on their music or not, even if I think it's the worst thing since Hitler.

Last edited:
Well, I enjoy listening to this, so you certainly have a point.

But I think you and I are the very opposite in this case, Erif, like oil and water. To me, that is music, to me, the Giygas theme is music, to me, THIS is music. And to me, Final Fantasy can go hide under a rock
My point is that music doesn't have certain thing that says it music, to me it's more about the feeling you get when you listen to it.
Now, I'd mind if you kept on topic.

EDIT: And while speaking of it, if you where to say any of those words to the Megaman/Donkey Kong fan community they'd go apeshit on you. Your opinion isn't the true one, don't act like it, because you certainly do. At least I try NOT to anger others when I comment on their music or not, even if I think it's the worst thing since Hitler.

@The first link: THAT is better than the Mega music, seriously. It's not the same thing over and over, nor is it all techno-y. It has a interesting sound and aura to it, and then it changes a whole new feel to it at like 2:30. It's cool. <3

Really, when I think and hear stuff like Final Fantasy, Lost Odyssey, and Okami, I think it's art. That mainly the reason I don't like a lot of older music, including Final Fantasy 1-5. I'm more of a new generation kind of guy, but maybe that's because I'm younger. I didn't "grow up" with games like EarthBound and The first evar Mario or Kirby.

Idgaf about the Donkey Kong/Megaman community. They really need a new taste is music. =3 A never said my opinion was "true", lol. I said it's not my sort of thing, and it's not "their" music. If you don't like someone's stuff, there's no reason for the other guy to get angry, it's just a song.

What I'm trying to say is that by technically calling the song shit, which is what you do, it feels like a insult. Which is why I don't give every Final Fantasy song posted so far -47/10 even if it's what I actually think, because I don't want to make someone feel insulted, unlike you. And besides, I didn't grow up with old game, I didn't know about MOTHER 3 until I played Super Smash Bros. Brawl and saw those strange kids with big heads and striped shirts. And the first Megaman game I played was Megaman X.

And no, they don't need a new taste in music, you need to accept theirs.

But I'm going to break this argument and actually post before going to bed since the time is quite a lot here in Sweden, and post Space Junk Galaxy - Super Mario galaxy Which I recall as one of my favourite songs from the mario franchise

I personally don't see what the big deal is. It's music. It sounds pleasing to people's ears. Therefore they like it as a song. One of the things I like about Mega Man music, particularly the X series, is that the series was one of the first to have a rock/metal sounding soundtrack. The reason this was, is because the entire team was a bunch of Guns 'n Roses fanboys/girls. It shows too, especially in Neon Tiger's stage, which is basically just My Michelle x.x

But whatever x.x I'm not in the mood to rant like was with 'Overrated'

More Megaman music, this time from;

Area Zero - Megaman Zero 4

Probably the best of the Zero series, storywise. It's got a really good closing. Anyways, I like this one in particular, because it fits with the stage perfectly; It's like "WTF? There's natural life?! Whatever, it's fuckin' soothing."

And since it's too awesome not to post, I'll post the remixed version from the Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero Physis;
Esperanto

If it's one thing Capcom's actually done right, it's not fuck up Megaman. And Megaman music. Oh, and make RE Darkside Chronicles.

What I'm trying to say is that by technically calling the song shit, which is what you do, it feels like a insult.
Let's see hmm...

Woah, 3/10
Megaman is NOT my kind of music. Seriously. It's like some of guy goes up to you and tries to make all the electronica sounds by going "do da de da"

Just say this to yourself: do dododo dadde deda dada beoop bop dadad dadedeeeeee. That's what is sounds like to me. Also, that particular song was way to repetitive. Same thing over and over.
Well, first off, I said it's not my (emphasize) kind of music. That gives me some points, amirite? Then I said "That's what is sounds like to me". I never said the song was shit, I said I didn't like it. There's a difference. And even if I incidentally did call the stuff "shit", nobody should cry over it, let alone think it's an insult. Unless it's a music that you produced, music that was invented by your own mind, there's no reason at all to get mad over it. If I posted my favorite FF music (which for some reason you have a hang-up with), and you said, "God, wtf is that? It sounds like blah blah blah _____", I'm not gonna cry, nor am I gonna be like "What the hell's wrong with you man? Fuck off." I'm gonna be like "Man, noez wayz! D=," or something else in a humorous tone.

And besides, I didn't grow up with old game, I didn't know about MOTHER 3 until I played Super Smash Bros. Brawl and saw those strange kids with big heads and striped shirts.
Never said you did.

And no, they don't need a new taste in music, you need to accept theirs.
Lol, someone needs to learn how to take a joke.

OHHAIBLAZING. Your song is... ok. It don't really like the electronic guitar sound that they put in, but the tune is kinda nice. 6.5/10. I can;t decide if I like the remix or the original better. I think the remix, not sure.

Twister
A pretty cool song from The World Ends With You, IMO, even though you don't know what they're saying. =D It has a weird sound to it.

6.5/10

I don't know, it just seems like a bunch of random sounds and voices spouting nonsense strewn all over the place with no rhyme or reason.

Anyway, yet another Mega Man tune, because you never can get enough:
Sigma 2nd - Mega Man X5

The final battle music of the game, and a very epic one at that.

At first a cool tune, nothin' special, and then it kinda get's awesomer later on. Remind me how much I want a Wii. D=

I Miss You
Best song in the Tales oh Phantasia soundtrack, hands down. It fits the final battle against Dhaos so perfectly it's kinda scary. Note I was listening to this for like and hour yesterday. =)

Waitwaitwaitwait.
You didn't dislike this one?
I'm beginning to respect you again.

Anyway. 8/10 That was a good theme, sad indeed, but I like it that way.

16 Melodies - MOTHER 3
The credit theme, it's practically the combination of the franchise's most important songs as one. Fitting the fact Shigesato Itoi have no intention on making another MOTHER, which is a shame, seeing MOTHER 3 was the best game I've ever played.

nigga plz. The only songs I didn't like that you posted were Mother and Megaman songs, and maybe a Mario one. All the others were fine.

And hells to the yes, it was sad. D=

@Your song: I liek that it's kinda different from most of the Mother songs I've heard, but it was a little boring. Nice melody. Is that melody from a certain Melee stage? 7/10

Fighting the Spirits Another Phantasia song, but not as beastly as the first. I posted the song already, but that was the Symphonia version. I kinda like this one a bit better.

But-But it's not the PSX version, it's the altered OST version... The Super Famicom version of it is the best. I didn't like the OST version that much; 7/10

Fury Sparks - Tales of Vesperia

Possibly one of the best tracks in the game, along with the boss themes, and the theme song. And the best rival battle theme ever. That's right. I said it. Screw you meaning of birth, Edge of an Oath, Lion ~Irony of Fate~, and The End of a Thought.

I really like the combo of Motoi Sakuraba and Hibiki Aoyama for Vesperia's OST, rather than the usual Sakuraba and Shinji Tamura. The drums Aoyama does are awesome, and plus, it's a different sound for once. This is probably the best Sakuraba's done since the Golden Sun games.

I don't particularly care for any of the remixes. And no, those are both the SFC versions you posted; This is the PSX version (Complete with gameplay! Since I couldn't find any standalones)

8/10. <3 Overcome Difficulties. It plays during 'difficult' or forced battles. I only consider boss battles to be the ones against unique enemies, like the Summon Spirits, or Dhaos, since most of the forced battles pit you against enemies that become lesser enemies later in the game anyways.

ANYWAYS;
Mighty Blow - Star Ocean the Second Story/Star Ocean Second Evolution/Valkyrie Profile/Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth

Probably my favorite two PSX RPGs right here. The song was originally used as the boss battle theme in SO2 for two of the Ten Wise Men; Michael and Haniel (Who were fucking hard as hell, even with Claude's Eternal Sphere...), as well as the battle theme for the boss of floors 11 and 12 of the Cave of Trials, and for the Iseria Queen. It was later used in Valkyrie Profile as the battle theme for the Ethereal Queen (Iseria, for you SO2 traditionalists out there) as it was in SO2.

Obviously the two songs were used in the PSP ports of the two games. It's a shame they didn't get remixed as boss themes for any of the extra bosses in SO3...

Typical Akira Yamaoka, which is by no means a bad thing. The breathy vocals really make the song. 8.5/10.

WHAT ANOTHER MEGA MAN TRACK? Yup, it's Hornet Dance from Mega Man 9. This is probably my favorite track in the game. Can't really explain why, really. I've just taken a shine to it.

Back
Top Bottom