• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rate The Video Game Song Above!

GARSH DANGIT YOU POST NINJAS

Rating Midna's Lament...Wow, I remember just how much of a sucker I am for piano pieces, especially absolutely gorgeous ones like this. I...I really can't find a complaint for this one. It's beautiful, it's atmospheric, it's...it's...it's a 10/10.

And...it's not a Mega Man song! It's Ice Cap Zone (Act 2) from Sonic 3!

To say this song has a cult following with remixers would be an understatement. It's very ambient for a Sonic game and very techno-like as well. It also has a gorgeous melody.

Oh my gosh I just faced Magus on my first run-through of Chrono Trigger this morning. Gosh he was a pain in the ass. >< Music was amazing though, 9/10.

Man, I can't believe how many people have only played Chrono Trigger for the first time so recently... You gusy are all making me feel old! I was 4 years old when it came out, and it was the game that got me hooked on RPGs! It honestly was so long ago...

FUCKING HELL what is it with you friggin' ninjas?! Anyways, 6/10. I've never really liked Sonic music for some reason... Just stuff from the first Sonic Adventure, and the first two 'the Hedgehog' games.

This thread needs moar music from obscure games. I shall supply them;

Battle 3 - Grandia (Sega Saturn, PSX)

My foot is tapping uncontrolably. 10/10

Hmmm, Legend of Dragoon Boss theme 3. This is the music that plays with all the dramatic / plot-related battles.

EDIT:
Blazing Hearts said:
Man, I can't believe how many people have only played Chrono Trigger for the first time so recently... You gusy are all making me feel old! I was 4 years old when it came out, and it was the game that got me hooked on RPGs! It honestly was so long ago...
You're making me feel so young Well I'd heard about it from people here so I looked up on it and it looked good and now it's my favorite game ever.
I got hooked into RPG's by watching my brother play FF7 and Legend of Dragoon.

9/10. This game is a classic. It's a shame, how easy it is to find it, and for so cheap too. A testament to how unpopular the game truly was...

Hardcore to the Brain ~ Midboss in Japan - Shadow Hearts II - Covenant

One of the boss themes of Shadow Hearts II, it plays during bosses in Japan, and during the boss fight with Grigori Rasputin/whatever the name of the demon he forged a pact with is (Its name escapes me at the moment.). The drums/timpani in this song give me goosebumps when I listen to it with headphones on.

Blazing Hearts said:
This game is a classic. It's a shame, how easy it is to find it, and for so cheap too. A testament to how unpopular the game truly was
I imagine you're talking about LoD. Yeah, my brother got it for Christmas about 6 or 7 years ago. I didn't start playing it until about 3 years ago. Watching him play it really got me introduced to the RPG genre. I loved how all of the characters' problems are resolved in the last disc.

Anyways, holy crap that music freaks me out soooo much. More than the FF9 boss theme. *shudder* 8/10

M'kay, how about THE EXTREME!!11!1!!!1 I love this music :D From FF8, of course. The final, final fight.

You gusy are all making me feel old! I was 4 years old when it came out, and it was the game that got me hooked on RPGs!
Wow... that means I wasn't alive when it came out. Well, I was thirteen when the remake came out. :P

Arg, why did you have to use that game. D= That brings back memories of when I used to sit around on my 64, button smashing random buttons playing games. 9/10

Anyway, no Xenosaga music? Assault
When I first heard this track, I was just like, "Woah." This game has one of the greatest soundtracks I've ever heard.

Arg, why did you have to use that game.

Because Kirby 64 is one of the best games I've ever played with some of the my favourite themes ever?

Anyway: 8/10 It began good, and was good for most of the time, but there was some parts I didn't like.

Homely Yado Inn - MOTHER 3
More MOTHER music, but whatever. This song really captures the setting of Chapter 3, where you spend a lot of time in Yado Inn, in that chapter you're a monkey who's been dragged away from his home and is forced to work or his girlfriend is killed, and you're constantly zapped by Fassad who forces you to wear a shock collar. This song, as said, really works well for that setting.

Yay Mother 3!

Anyway, this was one of those tracks in the game I kind of took for granted due to its simplicity. It really does sound like a generic inn song, but it does indeed have that sad edge to it, especially since it's a recurring song that plays during all the visits to Yado Inn (Which none are really happy). 8/10

I see your Mother song and counter with my own: Love Dance from Mother.

Holy hell did this song come out of nowhere in the game. Anyway, it's still a beautiful song.

Wow... that means I wasn't alive when it came out. Well, I was thirteen when the remake came out. :P

Mmm... Well, it wasn't really a remake. It was just the Playstation version with no load times, an extra dungeon, a better menu, and a 13th ending.

@Skymin's song; 6/10, not too fond of it for some reason.

Encounter With Destiny - Shenmue

Continuing my obscure games music tirade, this is from the masterpiece known only as; Shenmue, one of the many reasons I still have my Dreamcast. Only thing that kills it is the horrible voice acting (It's not ear splitting, it's just funny to hear xD). It's a real shame the series will probably never finish...

This song plays when Ryo (The player) goes to meet with Master Chen.

Meh... I thought it'd be bad, but it turned out to be pretty good. I can imagine that in a setting of Mystery Dungeon. I should try the game out for myself 7.5/10

Chase
Another one from Xenosaga. This is awesome. This is absolutely great. It's one of the best in-game songs I've ever heard. You gotta love this.

9/10

It's very good, but I'm imagining the boss is supposed to be sort of creepy. If so, then this song should have been a little quieter and faster to give it that suspenseful feel, but other than that, great! Next up is from Okami, which I bought a week ago and I think is a bomb, it's Shinshu Field!

Back
Top Bottom