• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rate The Video Game Song Above!

9/10

Like that one. Although, they're only 4 of the 5. The true antagonist is Zilva. I've always felt that the Four Stars were more of a rival group anyways.

Scutum - Decisive Battle

The third variation of the Four Stars' theme, this one plays in the last fight with them just before you begin scaling Mt. Sovereign, when fighting with all four of them. This fight was a real bitch. Especially since I had to make do with Annie's revival skill as opposed to twice the spell power given to me by Mao and Hilda.

8/10.
At first I thought the intro was the music until I read the rest of your post. It was nice, despite the fact I heard the accompaniment a lot more than the tune (or maybe it's my headphones; they are on the verge of dying).

Your Truth is my False - Eternal Sonata

This plays when you fight Count Waltz. It's beautiful for a boss theme in my opinion.

Wrong link, I guess. :/ That was five seconds long. (<3 at the Eternal Sonata song though. Good gracious...)

Prelude
Sadly, I can't find ANY other songs from this game's track. They always give me search results for the freakin' second game. GASH. This is pretty nice though.

You... You forgot the X2 version of it that it was remixed from in Bubble Crab's stage! D=

Elegant Summer - Melty Blood: Promised Dawn, Melty Blood Re-ACT, Melty Blood Act Cadenza, Act Cadenza ver.B, Act Cadenza ver. Windows, and Melty Blood Actress Again

One of my personal favorite tracks out of Melty Blood. It plays in the Tohno Mansion stage, titled "Classic home".

It's a fan game, yet it's gotten so popular that it's gotten 3 complete revisions, 2 of which were released in arcades, and 2 of which were ported to the PS2. And it's still illegal in America, which is why Melty Blood is never going stateside D= It just makes me long for Aoko even more u.u Somebody should send Nanaya and Sekishi Akiha over to force Melty Blood to be brought overseas...

8/10

Von Kaiser was cool.

Theme of Captain Commando - Marvel VS. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes

The theme of one of the coolest characters ever. He was Capcom's first mascot in the mid to late 80's, until Megaman took his place. This game was SO much better than the sequel. This was also one of the coolest games ever. And it still is.

The sequel was terrible. It had some balance that was so horrible, even your most seasoned 2D fighter veteran could get completely and utterly destroyed by a monkey (No pun intended; Sun Wukong of Journey to the West is in the sequel, depicted as a girl named Son-Son). Atomiswave was the not the best thing to happen to it. I'd like a remake of this, using the old engine, but with the sequel's roster...

X-Men vs. Street Fighter is still hundreds of times better though.

Wow, that brings back memories. Used to play Marvel Vs. Capcom a lot. I think I still have it somewhere. Gotta find it now...

Anyway, on the song. It's pretty kickass, and if I'm correct in guessing that it's a remix, it definitely shows that Capcom's always been really, really good at making awesome music for their games. Still, it doesn't really stand out now. Sounds like your average Capcom song. That's by no means a bad thing, though. 8/10.

I send up Maridia (Swampy Caverns) from Super Metroid.

Holy crap. For such a simple, repetitive track, it's chilling as hell. This may be one of the most atmospheric tracks for any game ever, and it's just one of the reasons I adore Super Metroid.

Haha, doesn't it? I still use my Dreamcast a shitload, especially for fighting games, because it was one of the only two arcade perfect systems, the other being the Saturn.

8/10

I actually really liked this track when I played Super Metroid.

Okay, now here's a tune that should serve as nostalgic for anyone who's watched anime from the last 30 or 40 years;

Tatakae! Casshan! - Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes

The theme of Neo-Human Casshan, in the fucking awesome cross-over fighting game, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. This game was the reason I chipped my Wii. Unfortunately it lacks the awesome vocals the old anime had, but it's still catchy as hell.

It wouldn't load, so I can't comment.

Dr. Zomboss - Plants vs Zombies
A rather good track from the strangest game that have ever been made, I don't quite get the "final boss" feel from it, but it's a good track non the less.

You... You forgot the X2 version of it that it was remixed from in Bubble Crab's stage! D=
I didn't forget it, I didn't mention it because Duff's version is the best of all of the three versions.

8/10, It was pretty good, like you said.

Here goes!;

Blue Sky Area Part 1 - Power Stone 2

Power Stone 2. A game of epic proportions. This is my favorite Dreamcast game too. This is my favorite track in the game, from the first part of my favorite stage, the Blue Sky Area.

I always get nostalgic when I hear this song, and think of all the time my Dad and I spent playing in Adventure Mode, and in the Item Shop trying to get every item ;_;

That song manage to remind me of Skies of Arcadia and Donkey Kong Country at the same time. o-0 Never a bad thing - my only qualm would be that it's short and a bit of an uneasy loop. Still, 9/10

Here's mine~
"Love / Desire / Affection" from Makai Kingdom (Phantom Kingdom in some locales)
Another of my favourite "Noones ever heard of it" games~ Makai Kingdom is like a lesser known Disgaea produced by Nippon Ichi software. The battle system however in contrast, being completely free-ranged movement adding a completely different feel.
To be honest it's been awhile since playing, and I forget WHERE this track appears - but the entire soundtrack is amazing as is the game.

But what game from Nippon Ichi Software isn't well known? Besides Cross Edge of course.

Oh, and I'm liking the number one in your playlist there.

Theme of Kayin Amoh - Battle Arena Toshinden (PS1, DOS, and Sega Saturn versions)

The first 3D weapons based fighter. Even though Sony promoted it when it first came out for the PSX, it was quickly overshadowed by the likes of Soul Blade, and Tekken. It's still a very fun game, and it spawned three sequels, the third sequel, Toshinden 4, never making it stateside, though it was released in PAL regions. 2 and 3 are the best out of all of the games though, but this has the best character themes xD

Back
Top Bottom