• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rate The Video Game Song Above!

9/10. One word: EPIC! And speaking of Tales of Destiny...

Coup de Grace (Grbce?) - Tales of Destiny 1/2 (Not sure if they both sound the same in both).

Plays when you fight Barbatos.... *Ahem*... BURUEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's also the BEST... MUSIC... EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! (Not really; I've heard better ones)

9/10, always like COUP DE GRBCE.

lol, it was originally spelled in all caps. And they sound somewhat different in bother Destiny Remake and Destiny 2. Destiny 2, it sounds more evident that a synth is being used. The song also plays in Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3, and Radiant Mythology 2.

Fade to Black - Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram

The only reason to buy the ridiculously expensive twin sticks on the Dreamcast. It's also the only reason I still have my twin sticks. This plays in the Vertebrate Shaft stage.

That particular video was also uploaded by me, so go ahead and browse my videos if you like. I've got *some* music, and a bunch of videos of my playing Melty Blood against the AI or over netplay with my friend.

And btw, not to be a stickler or anything, but that's s'posed to be a U there in BURUAAAAA, not an E ;_;

:# ... I'll just say that was a typo and leave it at that.

8/10. It sounds like something you would hear in Megaman if you ask me (though I haven't played many Megaman games to be certain).

Doom Dragon Battle Theme - Golden Sun 2 (not sure if this has already been posted)

It's Golden Sun 2's last boss theme. Ahh, I miss beating that darn dragon after... *counts* the 56th try! And now there's a 3rd installment for the DS! YAYZ!

10/10. Loved this final boss theme. It took forever to beat, even with all of my characters at Level 90+, and it could still blow half my party away with Cruel Ruin.

I just got sick of refighting it, and I decided to replay both games multiple times xD

Flutter vs. Gesellschaft (Tatsunoko vs. Capcom) - Mega Man Legends/Rockman DASH, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes

Rock Volnutt's/Trigger's theme in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. A very nice remix of the classic track from the fuggin' awesome Rockman DASH, that nobody played. One of my mains in Tatsunoko vs Capcom as well.

But what game from Nippon Ichi Software isn't well known? Besides Cross Edge of course.

Oh, and I'm liking the number one in your playlist there.
Er.... Most of them actually. >: Everyone knows Disgaea, noone though seems to know Phantom Kingdom. Personally though the playstyle and story caught me MUCH more than Disgaea did. (Also you kind of never gave a rating.. xD;;; )
And thanks. ^^ Though ugh, something went wrong with my plugin and it's frozen and not recording anything I listen to.. still trying to work that out. Still Persona <3

Andway, as for your most recent.. Capcom always has amazing music. xP But yet... I'm a tad less than amazed at this one. It's good, but compared to their other works.. not particularly impressed. I'll go with a 7/10

My entry, diving more into Capcom, is: Infinity Mijinion Stage from Megaman X6
.... He's a WATER FLEA. xD Awesome++. Bloody clones though. D=

^ That game was fairly mediocre, and I was a tad bit disappointed with the character endings D= They should've done everything like SO2, as well as allowed for pairing Edge with characters other than Reimi, since I didn't really like her. There were absolutely NO optional party members ;_; I did kinda like how the story took a more traditional approach, but I hated what happened to Faize ;_;

Sakuraba's music... Does sound similar to most of the games he does. Although I've found that not to be the case with Tales and Golden Sun. The soundtrack for Hearts has the same feel as Rebirth's, but the two don't' really sound similar... If you want similar, compare the main battle theme for SO2, to SO3's.

Anyways, 8/10. I really liked the main battle theme for SO5 (I count Blue Sphere for the GBC as a numbered part of the series myself for some reason), although I prefer;

Don't Be A Hero

SO The Last Hope's battle theme for battle against Phantom Soldiers. Nothing in this game tops anything in SO2, 3, or Valkyrie Profile though.

Last edited:
Red Pyramids - Silent Hill 2
TIME FOR SOMETHING THAT'S A PAIN TO LISTEN TO! :D
It's a creepy theme, but I find it kind of sad as well.

"I was weak. That's why I needed you.... Needed someone to punish me for my sins.... But that's all over now.... I know the truth....Now it's time to end this."

Silent Hill 2 = <3

Anyway, on to the song I'm supposed to be reviewing.

Nice. Love the combination of guitar and piano. And the piano solo was just...yes. Can't really find anything to nitpick here. 10/10.

...and I forgot to put forward a song to review. It's You've Come Far (Coffee Break) from Earthbound.

I love this song. So mellow, so laid back, but at the same time, so trippy. Perfect for the little flashback monologue it plays during. You also hear this one in Mother 3.

Last edited:
...and I forgot to put forward a song to review. It's You've Come Far (Coffee Break) from Earthbound.

I love this song. So mellow, so laid back, but at the same time, so trippy. Perfect for the little flashback monologue it plays during. You also hear this one in Mother 3.
..Alright, firstly.
YES! <3 This song is absolutely amazing. Well that's to say, most of Earthbound's music is. This is the sort of thing I play late at night when I'm slipping into trancier states to... pretend to sleep. xD But instead tend to lay awake and just muse on life the universe and everything, and this one just fits so perfectly~

Aaaaanyway, to the most recent:

It's.. strange. Not in a bad way, I really love the vocal instrumentation. On top of that, it's exceptionally catchy. My only complaint might be that the end sort of loses me, doesn't end quite as smoothly as I'd have liked to see. I'll go for a 9/10

As for me, let's give a go to "Monty on the Run". It's the theme song, and as far as I know the ONLY song for the game sharing the same name back from 1985 on the C64. xP Bonus points for naming the other game it appears in.

8/10 Overall, I think it's pretty awesome, with the retro beeps and everything, but at the same time the beeps began to irritate me after a period of time.

FFVIII, Compression of Time. This music freaks me out so much. Just the other night, I got this stuck in my head, in the middle of the night, with no one else awake. It freaked me out so much. The song has a haunting melody to it that I really like, but it still scares me.

9/10, it's kinda expected with me, given that VIII is my favorite FF, and it has my favorite soundtrack.

Clash With the Imperial Princess Arlie

I had a hard time deciding, since Kitten has such an awesome soundtrack ;_; This is my personal favorite in the soundtrack, that's also played during one my favorite boss fights in the game >.> Plays during the boss fight with the Princess of the Tiamats, Alier.

Mmm... 6/10, although this is largely coming out of my dislike for FFX.

Mysterious arms, Soma - Tales of Hearts

The game's first normal battle theme. I tried to play the CG Movie Edition the other day, but the CGed character designs are too fucking ugly, and the OP sucks. It doesn't even use the same melody as Eien no Ashita... Plus, even though the two versions are exactly the same, except for cutscenes, and the opening, Tales is supposed to be an interactive Anime anyways, soo... CG doesn't work.

On a side note, Hisui's the coolest character ever; it's hard to be a complete douche to everyone around you, yet still be liked by most of the fans, and be a complete badass. Plus, you can't get much cooler than having dual arm crossbows as your weapon of choice.

8/10. It reminds of another battle music, but I can't place my finger on it...

Master Hand Battle - Super Smash Bros.

While browsing this thread, this music popped into my head out of the blue. So here ya go...

^Your sig, Blaze... "Shing, after saving Innes (Tales of Hearts): "Gramps always said to help those in need. And for a pretty girl with a big chest in need, help them if it costs you your life!"

XD Man, I wish I could understand Japanese!

7/10, not a big fan of Maple Story, sooo...

You're gonna hear a lot of music from this from me, since it's my current obsession, and probably the best SRPG (And best original) I've played in the last couple of years...

Battle in the Cemetery of Seitzbach - Knights in the Nightmare (Composer: Shigeki Hayashi)

^Your sig, Blaze... "Shing, after saving Innes (Tales of Hearts): "Gramps always said to help those in need. And for a pretty girl with a big chest in need, help them if it costs you your life!"

XD Man, I wish I could understand Japanese!

Haha, it killed me when I first heard it and read it xD It's not as good as his other one, where he was trying to quote the same woman who said another guy had small nuts xD He misunderstood what she said, he berated one of the villains calling him a bunch of food names, like miromi miso with cucumber, avocado, and green pepper xD I'd use that, but it's a little harder to quote ;_;

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom