• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rate The Video Game Song Above!

Oh oops Gradevoir, I missed that. My bad.

Also, I'm not rating that because I posted that exact same song earlier. (It's still 10/10 though).

The Sun Rises
Okami. I think I now have to admit this game has the most artistic music ever. EVAR

Not only was it posted earlier, he posted the same song twice in a row...

10/10, this game has some of the best music I've ever heard. Probably the only thing that can even rival Symphony of the Night's and Guilty Gear's music, though comparing them isn't fair, since they all have completely different style (Guilty Gear with its 80's Rock and Metal, Symphony with it's Classical, and occasional Hard Rock, and Okami with it's classical Japanese style.). This was one of the only songs that had a decent transition over to Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. It sounds practically the same, like Soki's theme.

Ghostly Theatre - Castlevania: Lament of Innocence

Plays in Succubus' area, the Ghostly Theatre.

Guilty Gear and Okami's soundtrack are WAY different. Besides, Guilty Gear is kinda... bleh. Eternal Sonata has much better music.

OK, it seems like I'm gonna have to google this game, because I keep hearing about "Castlevania" everywhere I go. I didn't have any interest in the game before, but it seems that there are a good amount of people who say this series is good, so I'll check it out. The song gets 9/10, it sound really good, and I guess it has kinda mysterious sound to it. Not much else to say D:

Hatami Lake
Moar Okami, listen. Edit: One of the best songs I heard in Okami, IMO. It's really, really beautiful.

Guilty Gear and Okami's soundtrack are WAY different. Besides, Guilty Gear is kinda... bleh. Eternal Sonata has much better music.

Well, like I said in my previous post, it's nowhere near even being fair to the two soundtracks, especially because the two games use completely different genres and styles. EDIT: You can't exactly compare Metal to Classical without being unfair to one of the two genres now, can you?

Plus, what do you think sounds better in a fighting game? Classical, or Metal? I'd go with Metal, seeing as though the path that the god awful Marvel vs. Crapcom 2 took didn't exactly work. I mean, Jazz is good, but I don't want to listen to Jazz when I'm duking it out, one on one with somebody else in two directions.

And on Castlevania, it depends on what kinda game you like. If you've played classic Metroid, you'd probably like it, but that depends on whether or not you'd want to play it mixed with RPG mechanics, and a much wider variety of weapons. Unless of course you're playing classic Castlevania, which is Megaman, but harder, and with a whip.

Also, this dork right here called 'Blazing Hearts', is also probably the biggest Castlevania fan here.

Anyways, 7/10 on the song. It wasn't my favorite.

Lost Painting - Nocturne in the Moonlight/Symphony of the Night

Plays in various parts in Dracula's Inverted Castle.

I remember this game =D I didn't really like the music though >.> 7/10

The Musashi Legend - Brave Fencer Musashi

Counting out Chrono Trigger, which is my favorite game period, this is my favorite game by Square. This plays during the game's intro stage, and during the end credits.

The game's in dire need of a re-release on the Playstation Store. Granted, I still have the game myself, but I mean, they even put Xenogears and FFVII up on the Japanese Playstation Store!

7/10, I didn't like TWEWY at all, nor do I care for anything made by the Kingdom Hearts team. Plus, it sounds like something out of a Capcom SFC game.

Cannonball (Copy Zero vs. Original Zero) - Megaman Zero 3

From what I see as the best game in the MMZ quadrilogy. Ever wonder why Zero was more orange-ish? It's because the body he's in is a fake! This is from the final battle, when fighting Omega with Zero's original body.

Ah, Capcom. Is it even possible for you to fail at music? I admit, this song didn't stand out too much at first, but once the chorus hit, it had me. The type of guitar sound they used didn't mix with the piano very well, but it's not too big a deal. And again, fucking amazing chorus. 8.5/10.

Flame Man's Stage - Mega Man 6

Playing through Mega Man 6 had made me realize that although the game itself isn't quite as good as earlier installments of the classic series, its soundtrack is extremely underrated. It seems to me that Capcom went for a different kind of feel with the songs, taking advantage of the technical advancements of the NES to make more complex arrangements. MM6's tunes seem more melodic and laid-back, and nowhere is that more evident than this track.

Megaman music really can't fail, although it's just less awesome at times, that song is rather neutral to me, I don't like the beginning that much, but it goes better towards the end.

VS Lumine ~ The Second Form - Megaman X8
This theme is really perfect for a final battle, it really brings "final" into mind.

7/10, I didn't like TWEWY at all, nor do I care for anything made by the Kingdom Hearts team. Plus, it sounds like something out of a Capcom SFC game.
The longer you live in denial, the longer you won't feel the love.

I gotta tell you, I really can't stand Megaman music. All the tracks feel really repetitive after you listen to them for two or three minutes, and they can get on my nerves easily. I also don't like that computer-generated sound all the tracks have. To me, the soundtracks from Megaman just don't have that artistic feeling I like. :/ Of course, that's just my opinion There are some exceptions though, and this song is almost one. At first I thought it was pretty cool, but after two minutes it was just annoying. The same sound over and over again... I give it 6/10.

Blues in the Velvet Room
I was looking for P3 music, and then I found this. I have no idea when this song plays, but it's pretty cool.

The longer you live in denial, the longer you won't feel the love.
Meh. I can tell you right now; I've played much better than the bullshit Squeenix keeps throwing out.

I gotta tell you, I really can't stand Megaman music. All the tracks feel really repetitive after you listen to them for two or three minutes, and they can get on my nerves easily. I also don't like that computer-generated sound all the tracks have. To me, the soundtracks from Megaman just don't have that artistic feeling I like. :/ Of course, that's just my opinion There are some exceptions though, and this song is almost one. At first I thought it was pretty cool, but after two minutes it was just annoying. The same sound over and over again...

There's only so much you can expect out of a platformer's soundtrack. A game is going to use whatever fits it best. And whatever you feel is 'artistic' is most likely not fit for Megaman.

Anyways, 6/10, I couldn't stand this version of it. Nothing tops the original Revelations Persona version. This never played in any part of the game either; it was an extra track in the OST.

Steam Works - Summon Night 4

From one of the best SRPGs I've ever played.

Meh. I can tell you right now; I've played much better than the bullshit Squeenix keeps throwing out.
no u

Anyways, 6/10, I couldn't stand this version of it. Nothing tops the original Revelations Persona version. This never played in any part of the game either; it was an extra track in the OST.

Steam Works - Summon Night 4

From one of the best SRPGs I've ever played.
Well, I haven't heard that one, but I hated the two in P3/4. They were really annoying. >.<

Also, it seems like that's a bad link, the vid has been removed. On another note, that game is Jap-only, right? I've played (and loved) Swordcraft Story, but I think "Summon Night" is different.

I've played some of Square's popular titles, notable Super Mario RPG and Final Fantasy X, and I found both of them boring and tedious, not to mention the controls in SMRPG was horrible. And FFX made no sense and was very confusing in most terms, at least to me.

Onto the topic, since you didn't post a song I'll just go ahead and post Last Boss - Drawn To Life
The volume is a bit low, but goes up and down at times.

no u

Well, I haven't heard that one, but I hated the two in P3/4. They were really annoying. >.<

Also, it seems like that's a bad link, the vid has been removed. On another note, that game is Jap-only, right? I've played (and loved) Swordcraft Story, but I think "Summon Night" is different.

Ahh. I really liked The Poem for Everyone's Souls. It was a nice change to go listen to on the rare occasion I got sick of P3 and 4's music.

Ooh... It was? I may have just linked it wrong. I'll see about fixing it later. Yeah, SUmmon Night 4 is Japanese only. It's MUCH different that Craft Sword; the main series is an SRPG, while Craft Sword is just taking Tales' LMBs and implementing it for one player character. I'm so disappoint though; There isn't anything of Craft Sword 3, except battles, and that's my favorite; You actually get to fight as your Summon creature.

Anyways, @male Gardevoir's link: 7/10, it was okay. Not my favorite.

Here comes more Castlevania:

Dark Palace of Waterfalls - Castlevania: Lament of Innocence

Plays when Leon is in Joachim Armster's area, the Dark Palace of Waterfalls. One of my favorite tracks, to go with one of my favorite areas in the game; the Doppelganger fight is fucking awesome in LoI.

8/10, quite soothing, though a bit repetitive in the beginning.

Mysterial's Theme from Pokémon Battle Revolution. Most of you should have heard it already. It's one of the few Pokémon songs that I actually like - I almost never like any music in the main series, and songs I like in spinoffs, while they tend to be more common, are a bit scarce too.

Oh, very good~ It's good, very orchestrated and epic-feeling, great for a final boss. But it's a bit on the repetitive side, since one loop is like less than two minutes. 9/10

Starry Heavens- Heroic Version from the Japanese NGC version of Tales Of Symphonia. You hear it at the Tower of Salvation
the second time, when you fight Pronyma
. Please not that if you care enough not to highlight that spoiler that you shouldn't read the video description either.

8/10, I love that one to death, but I prefer the PS2 version.

The Full Moon and the Morning Star ~ from 'Ring a Bell'

This was really fitting for the part it played in, at the top of the Sword Stair when Yuri promises to set a brainwashed Estelle free, beginning one of the more emotional battles in the Tales series. Although, this part wasn't really that emotional to me the first time I played it; I was fucking pissed that I had to go through four dungeons, one of which with a ridiculous, and very annoying boss, without my idiot party healer (Karol's cool and all, but I hadn't really used him that much at the time, so his Nice Aid Smash didn't do that much for healing, and I'm not a huge fan of Love Shot ;_; And Estelle's an idiot because she always does the exact opposite of what my Strategy tells her to do)

It's a version of the game's theme song, "Ring a Bell", which was also used in the US version! =O the US version just has English vocals by the same girl that sings it, Bonnie Pink (Right up there along with Janne Da Arc and T.M. Revolution as my favorites. But everyone likes T.M., so they don't count)

Back
Top Bottom