• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rate The Video Game Song Above!

7/10

I'm not too fond of it, but the name Crazy Robo fits if you ask me.

And now, I will post a song that will burn into your mind and stay there permanently.
Philistine - No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

Theme of the rank 4 assassin, Margaret Moonlight. This song is so catchy that she whistles it before the battle, and after she dies, Travis ends up whistling it, as well.
She was one of the best bosses in the game, as well.

Heeyyyyy I posted that like two days ago D:

copycat :c

9/10 Not really the best in the game, but one of my favorites, though.

A Fixed Idea (Theme of Testament) - Guilty Gear

Testament's glory days as a boss character. They should've used the redone version of this from the Disc 8 bonus of the Sound Complete Box for his EX-Theme in Accent Core+, but they didn't for some reason D:

It plays during the credits. And this song is absolutely perfect closure to the series. In-game, it pretty much WILL make you cry. 10/10.

Native Faith (Suwako's Theme) - Touhou: Mountain of Faith

The one big thing I love about Touhou is the music, and out of all the Touhou songs I've heard, this one's probably my favorite. It's got such a beautiful melody and the energy to back it up. It's like a rainstorm in music form.

I wondered why I hadn't heard that, but then I realised it was the final boss music. X3

7/10, I really like the piano bits but it seems a little too guitar-based for a final boss. Kind of hard to explain, but I do like the song.

Rayman 3's "Land of the Livid Dead"
One of the best on the amazing soundtrack. <3 If you haven't played the game then go check out more of the RPG-standard music!

8/10
Pretty interesting. I never got the chance to play Rayman 3, but after how great Rayman 2 was, I always wanted to.

Hell's Gate Open - Megaman Zero 3

Plays in the first Omega stage, where you fight the Baby Elves as a boss, and Phantom as an optional boss.

One of my favorites from what I see as not just the best in the Zero series, but also the entire MM series as a whole.

Inb4 Rayman 3 was an amazing game.

Oh yeah, 7/10, It's good, but my favourite song from Zero 3 is Cannon Ball.

I wondered why I hadn't heard that, but then I realised it was the final boss music. X3!
I'm pretty sure that either The Battle For Everyone's Souls, Burn My Dread or Darkness is the final boss theme, and that Heartful Cry is a boss theme in the Answer.

Abandoned Memory - Megaman 10
One of my favourite themes from Megaman 10, which has my favourite soundtrack in the series.

7/10
It's a good track, but the soundtrack for Tierkreis is very lackluster compared to the soundtracks for Suikoden II, II, or V.

ERNST - Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

One of the coolest tracks in the game. Though this is coming from falcom sound team JDK, who NEVER do anything crappy for any of their games, not to mention Ys, which is best known for its awesome soundtracks. The worst thing about this song is that the battle it plays in never lasts more than a minute.

That's...pretty good! There was something about the melody that made it...imperfect...that I can't really explain...but anyway, 9/10.

How about a trip to The Meat Circus from Psychonauts? Be warned...it's rather creepy.

Last edited:
Aaagh, this level was creepy as hell. The music certainly fits the atmosphere of the level, being equal parts whimsical and scary as hell, and I love those little hits with the electric guitar. Still, I wish it had been a little more creepy. 8/10.

Rusty Ruin Zone (Act 2) - Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis/Mega Drive)

One of 3D Blast's redeeming qualities was its excellent soundtrack, and though I haven't played the game in years, I still find this song stuck in my head from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom