• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Realistic Pokémafia II [Game]

Re: Realistic Pokémafia II [Game]

Hmmm. Would be kind of pointless for us to have all these protective powers if they could bypass them so easily, isn't? I've been thinking it could be indirect damage -- poison, entry hazards, what have you. It'd also explain why it was only so much damage.

That, or it could just be a plain ol' attack that turned out NFE. Maybe there's we can glean something by comparing the Pokémon blazhy submitted and the one she actually got, in case the mob made that mistake. But maybe not.

Also, I'm don't think we've already heard from everyone about the damage, have we? Off the top of my head, I don't recall Butterfree saying anything, and she's a frequent enough target even without anybody getting captained into it (tee hee).

No, Superbird said there were priority moves, and that Speed was irrelevant to action order, which makes me wonder why it's here.

As per request, I will confirm this. Moves with higher priority will move before moves with lower priority. Although, within the same priority bracket generally healing moves will take place first, so as to maintain their stated effects.

A few questions, based on this statement.

• Does everyone just have moves that do the same thing, with different titles? For example, does everyone have a healing move? A damage move? Et cetera?
  • What's the difference between roles? I, for one, have an damage-dealing attack, and I am not Mafia; so do the Mafiosi have One-Hit-Knockout moves?
  • Slightly less related: What is the significance of stats?

• No healing move, but two damaging moves (not that helpful, though they have secondary effects, but unsurprisingly considering my pokemon). And yes on protection.
  • We don't know for this game, but almost all non-mafia in the first game still had a damaging attack, I think. And, as stated, we don't know for this game. Last game they had to go through HP like all of the innocents.
  • To determine how much damage is taken/dealt? And here is the word of Arceus on speed. [Ninja'd by Substitute, also this.]

List of people/damage:

1. Blazhy - Little damage.
2. Mafia Facilitator - No damage.
3. ILS - ?
4. Butterfree - ?
5. Alligates - ?
6. DA - ?
7. hopeandjoy - No damage.
8. Mai - No damage.
9. res - No damage.
10. Tailsy - No damage.
11. Majora - No damage.
12. Visitor Message - No damage.
13. Flora - No damage.
14. Phantom - No damage.

Wait, messed up, no word from res or VM:

3. ILS - ?
4. Butterfree - ?
5. Alligates - ?
6. DA - ?
8. Mai - No damage.
9. res - ?
10. Tailsy - No damage.
11. Majora - No damage.
12. Visitor Message - ?
13. Flora - No damage.
14. Phantom - No damage.

No damage for me.

...That's really all I have to say atm.

I am on a non-computer and it keeps crashing so bear with me of I miss something important.

Depends, the info itself doesn't seem to indicate mafia, but the move I used would make me a target.

thee info is important, the move used not so much until we check claims. info is?

I took damage, which is odd, considering I used a move that should have made me immune to damage for the night. I'm guessing someone has an attack that can break through protections? Perhaps it's the mafia?

well um ... possibly my fault? I'm not sure, because I mildly forgot to send in a night action (... because I was distracted. by Mafia. a game I want involved in. that is a lousy excuse and I am fully aware.) and one of my moves is a low power roleblock. not sure if that would actually break through your protection.

I'm almost certain it's not to do with my self-protection, but rather to do with the nature of the attack that hit me. Thankfully, I didn't take much damage and I'm in rather good shape.

do you also have a protection move which says might break down under circumstances not revealed to you or something to that effect?

how much damage is it? is it consistent with a bp 40 stab attack, possibly subject to weakness and resistance? ... well that's probably hard for you to evaluate without enough information to paint a target. um if you give an exact hp difference I could tell you whether it's plausible that it was me according to extrapolations for stats. I think that wouldn't be enough information to identify the pokémon foot anyone other than the attacker. which could be Mafia but if so then you're already a target, right ...

First things first.

1. blazheirio889: Drifblim
2. Metallica Fanboy: Hawlucha
3. I liek Squirtles: Xatu
4. Butterfree: Butterfree
5. Alligates: Tyrantrum
6. DarkAura: Medicham
7. hopeandjoy: Espeon
8. Mai: Musharna
9. 1. Luftballon: Accelgor
10. Tailsy: Meowstic (presumably female?)
11. Majora: Ampharos
12. Vanilla Mongoose: Flygon
13. Flora: Feraligatr
14. Phantom: Typhlosion

I also have some information of dubious importance: last night I used Charm on 1. Luftballon and the move failed, which means either I was roleblocked or 1. Luftballon is mafia.

what is the effect of charm exactly? also were you damaged? since damaging roleblock is apparently a thing in this game. ... also, does anyone have a non-damaging roleblock?

The Pokémon we get are randomized. I got Meowstic (male).

Meowstic: 94 / 68 / 96 / 103 / 101 / 124, do you have these state before adjusting for nature.

Right, forgot. Never mind then.

I'm Tyrantrum, anyway.

Tyrantrum: 102 / 141 / 139 / 89 / 81 / 91 before nature?

no damage here either!

...did everyone just protect themselves n0 this is actually pretty funny

protection is a fairly reasonable thing to do on night 0, at least...

Uhh, in the first one (and maybe the second one, uncan remember) the mafia didn't have an OHKO. Due to the fact that only one damaging attack seemed to connect and it bypassed my protection, I'm guessing the mafia have an attack that hits no matter what? Although it didn't really do much damage...

Hmmm. Would be kind of pointless for us to have all these protective powers if they could bypass them so easily, isn't? I've been thinking it could be indirect damage -- poison, entry hazards, what have you. It'd also explain why it was only so much damage.

That, or it could just be a plain ol' attack that turned out NFE. Maybe there's we can glean something by comparing the Pokémon blazhy submitted and the one she actually got, in case the mob made that mistake. But maybe not.

Also, I'm don't think we've already heard from everyone about the damage, have we? Off the top of my head, I don't recall Butterfree saying anything, and she's a frequent enough target even without anybody getting captained into it (tee hee).

Wait, messed up, no word from res or VM:

3. ILS - ?
4. Butterfree - ?
5. Alligates - ?
6. DA - ?
8. Mai - No damage.
9. res - ?
10. Tailsy - No damage.
11. Majora - No damage.
12. Visitor Message - ?
13. Flora - No damage.
14. Phantom - No damage.

no damage, although I have ... other problems.

Uhm. If you did break through my protection, then there remains the question of who attacked me? Of course I don't really expect anyone to come forward and say they attacked me but.
If I really am a mafia target they'll probably go after me again. I'm in relatively good shape so I'm somewhat sure I'll be able to survive the night, especially with protection, if I was right and it's only certain moves that can break through. So I'll just. Try to protect myself again tonight, and report tomorrow.

well um ... possibly my fault? I'm not sure, because I mildly forgot to send in a night action (... because I was distracted. by Mafia. a game I want involved in. that is a lousy excuse and I am fully aware.) and one of my moves is a low power roleblock. not sure if that would actually break through your protection.
How do you mildly forget to send in a night action?

no damage, although I have ... other problems.

And those are...?

Can you just make a statlist for all potential pokemon, then, ignoring nature?

I'm Hasty (+Spe, -Def) = 157 / 141 / 126 / 89 / 79 / 100, actually. I was not damaged last night. Charm gives me communication powers with target but fails if used on mafia.

Listy lists. I probably missed something though so feel free to correct.

1. Blazhy - Not Drifblim. 60 HP damage. n0 used a protecting move.
3. ILS - ? damage.
4. Butterfree - ? damage.
5. Alligates - Tyrantrum. No damage. n0 tried to use Charm on 1. Luftballon and move failed.
6. DA - No damage.
7. hopeandjoy - Meowstic (m). No damage. n0 found that Flora targeted herself.
8. Mai - No damage.
9. res - ? damage. Has a move with low-power roleblock. n0 mildly forgot to action.
10. Tailsy - No damage.
11. Majora - No damage.
12. Visitor Message - ? damage.
13. Flora - No damage.
14. Phantom - No damage.

How do you mildly forget to send in a night action?

... mildly. yes. definitely mildly and absolutely not totally. absolutely not.

And those are...?

Can you just make a statlist for all potential pokemon, then, ignoring nature?

way ahead of you, did that basically as soon as I got my stats. assuming, as is the case for my own stats, level 50, perfect genes, no effort (seems reasonable, given last time ...).

Accelgor: 155 / 90 / 60 / 120 / 80 / 165
Ampharos: 165 / 95 / 105 / 135 / 110 / 75
Butterfree: 135 / 65 / 70 / 110 / 100 / 90
Drifblim: 225 / 100 / 64 / 110 / 74 / 100
Espeon: 140 / 75 / 80 / 135 / 115 / 130
Feraligatr: 160 / 125 / 120 / 99 / 103 / 98
Flygon: 155 / 120 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 120
Hawlucha: 153 / 112 / 95 / 94 / 83 / 138
Medicham: 135 / 80 / 95 / 80 / 95 / 100
Meowstic: 149 / 68 / 96 / 103 / 101 / 124
Musharna: 191 / 75 / 105 / 127 / 115 / 49
Typhlosion: 185 / 136 / 130 / 161 / 137 / 152
Tyrantrum: 157 / 141 / 139 / 89 / 81 / 91
Xatu: 140 / 95 / 90 / 115 / 90 / 115

I'm Hasty (+Spe, -Def) = 157 / 141 / 126 / 89 / 79 / 100, actually. I was not damaged last night. Charm gives me communication powers with target but fails if used on mafia.

... right. I was going stat+20 off base stats because I didn't have my list while I was doing the earlier post, but all the stats other than spd look right otherwise.

not sure what happened with special defense that I got it wrong both times the same way; the base stat is 59? so 79 is correct.

I don't think the failure is on my end, so probably third-party interference. any means to test that?

And my nature is Sassy.

149 / 68 / 96 / 103 / 111 / 112 ?

Listy lists. I probably missed something though so feel free to correct.

1. Blazhy - Not Drifblim. 60 HP damage. n0 used a protecting move.
3. ILS - ? damage.
4. Butterfree - ? damage.
5. Alligates - Tyrantrum. No damage. n0 tried to use Charm on 1. Luftballon and move failed.
6. DA - No damage.
7. hopeandjoy - Meowstic (m). No damage. n0 found that Flora targeted herself.
8. Mai - No damage.
9. res - ? damage. Has a move with low-power roleblock. n0 mildly forgot to action.
10. Tailsy - No damage.
11. Majora - No damage.
12. Visitor Message - ? damage.
13. Flora - No damage.
14. Phantom - No damage.

no damage.

Is that only for a night, or permanently? Did you get a reply which indicated whether it was a mafia-based failure or a roleblock/etc. failure?

Obviously the policy move should be to lynch res, but this probably shouldn't lead to immediate bandwagoning - did anyone block Alligates or interfere with night actions?

(Obviously if it was a mafia action or framer then they probably wouldn't speak up. But uh, this is along the lines of an inspector action so.)

(So basically yes, thank you for the list, think we want to lynch you, res.)

... well. now that you put it that way, the action is basically a hard alignment detector plus also communication power.

kill res n0, otherwise lynch res d1 could probably should be policy anyway, but in this situation I think allie's claim is moderately ludicrous, especially in a game where each player has four night actions.

Yeah, but? Fakeclaim on day one to get rid of you (well, not just you, but anyone) would be moderately ludicrous itself, yes?

I mean, is possible. Perhaps there are extenuating circumstances. Specifically, suggest that if anyone else is tyrantrum they should speak up - since is rather odd that Alligates got their own suggested pokemon, though possible with RNG, and lying about your pokemon would be weird and just calling for counterclaims.

But this game format is not conducive to alien, I think, or at least I would assume due to game PM format; so there's probably not a problem.

... why is it that Tyrantrum can learn Charm? It's really not the most charming thing out there.

I think I'd trust Alligates in this situation. Although I'm not sure about lynching right off the bat - perhaps we can have an inspector verify, or something? Or maybe we should just make the most of our resources and inspect someone else, and just off res right now. I think we'd rather have information + one potentially dead innocent at this stage?

Oh, and in a game this size, essentially with each player having 4 "roles", I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are quite powerful.

Back
Top Bottom