• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

"Red pens are too aggressive ..."

Dragonclaw

is as graceful as an eagle without wings.
Link!

On the news just now, there was a short section where they were saying the opposition brought up banning teachers from using red pens for being aggressive in the parliament place thing.

I was like o_O "This isn't in all the states, is it?" when I first heard it, and my dad informed me it was just Queensland.

Silly Queensland noobs >.> Oh well, I don't think it was passed, anyway xD

Last edited:
Re: Red Pens are Too Aggressive ...

OMG, they need to grow up. It's only the colour of the pen, it won't make a difference so what is the big deal. This is sad like other news posted at TCOD.

...What? Isn't the point of red ink just to make the abuse comments stand out from the rest of the paper?

Yes, red pen is used to distinguish teacher's comments from blue/black biro used by students. Unles you're a Maths teacher, where you insist everything is written in pencil so that you can dick around with dark colours all you want!

Oh dear, that's a bit much. D: Admittedly red does have connotations of anger FUCKING ENGLISH CLOSE READING but...

I love teachers writing in red. So then I can write in red and put comments all over my work saying "Excellent job Danielle! A++++++++"

...it makes me feel happy.

Ah I heard about this
it's daft

red pen doesn't bother me
teachers writing in CAPSLOCK in red pen bothers me

Ridiculous. Simply ridiculous.

Some friends of mine say writing in red is like saying to the readers (usually teachers) f*** you, but it's childish, there's no need to make a scandal out of it.

Actually the languages department at my secondary school already had this policy when I started there over 7 years ago. To my knowlege they still have it.

I don't think red needs to be banned though.

I agree with this decision. Whenever teachers correct my work with their evil red pens, I feel like they're shouting at me.

Good thing that someone is finally putting a stop to this.

Wait. This idea is absolutely ridiculous. Ignore this post.

Red is the color of hate and should be banned everywhere.

If the world was ruled by these guys "disagree" would be punishable by death.

I remember this almost happening somewhere years ago. o.O It's vague, oh well.

I like using red pens on my own writing when I edit so I can both notice it later and pretend I'm an English teacher. X3

Yes, and blue pens should be banned for being so glum that they might make a kid who has it on their test become emo, and green pens might make a kid support enviromentalism, and yellow highlighters migh make a kid's eyes hurt, and black pens are racist, and purple or rainbow or glitter pens might make a kid gay, and we should probably just shut down communication altogether to make sure no little child gets their feelings or eyes or ecological viewpoints or sexuality or ideals about equality hurt. In fact, lets all just stop doing ANYTHING or else it might offend someone.

Back
Top Bottom