• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Referee Headquarters

2v2
One out at a time
DQ Time: One week
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Terrain: Abandoned laboratory. Pitch black inside, dimly lit by weak sparks from the wreckage of the past. Electric types get a 5% attack boost due them absorbing the electrical sparks in the lab.

opaltiger (OO)
trapinch
Ossus - Male - Arena Trap
Health: 100%
Energy: 85%
Commands: Protect ~ Toxic ~ Earthquake

Pokemongirl (OO)
pichu
Ruichii - Male - Static
Health: 70%
Energy: 84%
Commands: Frustration/Chill/Dodge ~ Iron Tail/Chill/Dodge ~ Rain Dance

Round X Begin!!

Ruichii stared at his opponent, fuming. How did that stupid Trapinch manage to not take any damage? Staring at his opponent, he prepared an anger-fueled attack. Ossus stared at the opponent with his emotionless eyes. He spit out a green liquid, which took the appearance of a translucent green shield. [4e] The Pichu stopped in his tracks. No matter how angry he was, he couldn’t strike through the Protect. He attempted to cool down for a minute, trying to regain some energy. [+10e]

Ruichii closed his eyes and focused on his tail. He felt it beginning to grow heavier and heavier as it took on properties of metal. He opened his eyes to see that his tail had become solid steel and was now conducting electricity. He jumped into the air, flipped, and smacked his tail into the Trapinch. [5h/8e] Despite the move hitting him square in the face, Ossus didn’t mind all that much. He mixed up some acid in his stomach, and then spit the purple blob at his opponent. The Pichu squealed as the acid entered his body. [4e]

Ruichii was a bit annoyed by his condition, but he didn’t mind all that much. He began to dance in an erratic fashion, letting water-typed energy flow from his body. The energy hit the ceiling and formed rainclouds. [4e] Ossus, snickering at his opponent’s weird dancing, jumped upwards. He came crashing down onto the floor. Seismic shockwaves spread from the point of impact, and Ruichii found himself being slammed against the hard, cold floor. [12h/8e]

Ruichii, wet and bruised, started to feel the effects of his poison come in. [2h]

Round X End!!

opaltiger (OO)
trapinch
Ossus - Male - Arena Trap
Health: 95%
Energy: 69%
Commands: Protect ~ Toxic ~ Earthquake

Pokemongirl (OO)
pichu
Ruichii - Male - Static
Health: 56%
Energy: 78%
Badly poisoned (3% next round)
Commands: Chill ~ Iron Tail ~ Rain Dance​

Arena Notes:
It’s raining. 12 rounds until the weather returns to normal.
Many machines are overturned as a result of Ossus’ Earthquake.
A crater in the floor has appeared as a result of the Earthquake’s impact.

Ref’s Notes:
All moves had a decreased accuracy as a result of the darkness. It didn’t matter much, since Earthquake, Protect, Rain Dance, and chilling don’t really rely on accuracy.
I wasn’t sure if Rain Dance should work. Since the attack guide says it makes rainclouds, I figured it could work in the lab, even if it did have a ceiling (which it assumedly does).
No ability was specified for Trapinch, so I chose Arena Trap. It would have made no difference either way, but meh.
Earthquake’s base damage was lowered as a result of Trapinch’s weight. 33 pounds doesn’t seem like it would be enough to make a full power quake.
Opaltiger posts commands
Pokemongirl posts commands
I eat a grilled cheese sandwich

Did I do well?

Larsy became greedy and tries for advanced level mock! *hides behind a bush*
---------------
Arena Description:
3 vs 3
1 Out at Time
DQ: 2 Weeks
Damage Caps: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Terrain: Battle Dome

The fight takes place on a small stage surrounded by a cheering crowd. Powerful lights beam down on the field, making it hot and bright in the arena, and this and the noise is likely to unnerve any timid Pokémon sent into battle.

Both trainers came back after a short pause, and having ordered their commands to the pokemon, and then sant them to the arena, both hoping for the best. "Start fighting!" shouted the referee, as eager as he always was.

Round X

Skywolf's Den(Ooo)
216.png

[Teddiursa]Kuma(M)
Abillity: Quick Feet
Health: 86%
Energy: 69%
Commands: Swift/Swagger~ Protect/Swift/Yawn ~ Protect/Swift/Yawn

KuroiHoshi's ninjas(Ooo)
Ralts
[N/A]Ralts(F)
Abillity: Synchronize
Health: 89%
Energy: 81%
Commands: Teleport+ Psychic(combo)~Protect~Reflect

The crowd around roared when Kuma and Ralts came back to the arena, each of them with their mind set on one thing- making their opponent go down.

Kuma started before Ralts realized the round started. He started slashing the air with his paws, yellow energy slowly seeping into them with each slash of his claws. Slowly but steadily, Kuma's breath became faster, and so did the slashing. After a short while, Kuma's claws glowed a briliant white, ready to send forth the next attack. Not waiting for his enemy to realize what was going on, Kuma let out a start and slashed the air with all his might, so quickly that ripples could almost be seen in the air, and a flurry of yellow, sharp edged starts flew around and towards Ralts, leaving a white glowing trail behind them. Once they reached Ralts, they started flying around her, making the crowd cheer, and then all smashed into Ralts and her clones, making the latter explode in a puff of smoke, and the former let out cries of pain.
<-12 Hp Ralts, Critical! >
<-4 Energy Kuma>​

The crowd started cheering again, shouting Kuma's name endless times, never getting tired of it.

Ralts fell on the ground with a thud, yellow powder covering her body. She started swearing, and noticed she was bleeding a little. "Pah.." She muttered and rubbed her hands, both to get rid of the powder covering her body and to plot her next scheme. It was quite simple, according to her trainer's commands. She should teleport behind Kuma boy, use a psychic attack on him, and the rest didn't matter. She liked it. It was more than just perfect. It was EVIL! Her mind came back to reality. In order to smash Kuma boy, she would have to start focusing. Closing her eyes, she started focusing, soon seeing everything trough her psychic eyes. The cheering crowd, and that Kuma fool, and her trainer.
Focusing her mind on the spot behind Kuma, hher body started glowing pink, her eyes still closed. Moment latter, and all of a sudden, she disappeared in a puff of pink dust, and reappeared behind the irritated Kuma. Trying to stay hidden, she sat down behind Kuma, a big grin plasted on her face. Her head started glowing. The glow grew on and on, until it covered her whole head.
And then, all of a sudden....

.....Kuma found himself floating in the air, a wierd glow covering him. He struggled to get free, but the glow was stronger than him, and he was stuck up there, like a puppet. Then, when he gave up hope, the glow started disappearing, throwing him on the ground like a stone and roughing him up a lot. He shook his head angrily and looked backwards, noticing why the crowd became to silent before. Ralts teleported behind him!
<-9 Hp Kuma>
<-10 Energy Ralts>​

Kuma shook his head angrily, and stood up, shaking soem dust of his pelt. Now it was official- he wanted to smash that Ralts. On the other hand, he had other worries. He had to follow his trainer's commands, however he disliked them. And he surely did dislike them. Letting out another growl, he started slashing the air once again, this time much faster than the previous time. Only moments later, each one of his slashes left a trail of white glow behind it, and Kuma started jumping around, creating strange, white glowing forms in the air. However, all of a sudden, Kuma stopped jumping around, and focused on the battle. He had to battle Ralts. This part he surely liked.
He slashed the air in the shape of an 'X', and a flurry of sharp stars was sent towards Ralts, ready to crush her.
<-4 Energy Kuma>​

However, Kuma's victory ddin't last long. A few seconds after the stars were unleashed, Ralts started charging a blue sphere in her little hands, and in an intstant, a blue, shining bubble covered her. The stars zoomed around it, looking for a possible weakness- but to no avail. They kept flying around her for a while, until they seemed to 'realize' it was useless, and all slammed into the blue shield, becoming nothing but yellow dust that covered the ground around Ralts. She dropped the shield, seeing that there was no more danger to her, and let out a victorious laughter.
<-5 Energy Ralts>​

Letting out another one of his growls, Kuma started stomping on the floor. Why is everything gonig wrong? he asked himself. And then, he noticed something. The round wasn't over yet. Ralts was out of moves- but he wasn't. He thought trough his commands, feeling a shimmer of hope. The next move he should use was Swift. The same flurry of stars Ralts just blocked. That was it! If he would use it now, she would realize he was stronger than her. Slashing the air once again, he started charging another bundle of normal type energy in his paws. After slashing and scratching adn jumping around, both of his paws were covered in a yellow glow. He charged towards Ralts, roaring as loud as he could, and slashed at the air a few feet from her face, releasing a flurry of stars that smashed into Ralts and sent her flying backwards.
<-7 Hp Ralts>
<-4 Energy Kuma>

End Of Round X

Skywolf's Den(Ooo)
216.png

[Teddiursa]Kuma(M)
Abillity: Quick Feet
Health: 77%
Energy: 57%
Attacks Used: Swift~Swift~Swift

KuroiHoshi's ninjas(Ooo)
Ralts
[N/A]Ralts(F)
Abillity: Synchronize
Health: 70%
Energy: 66%
Commands: Teleport+ Psychic(combo)~Protect~Nothing

Reff's notes:
-Kurihoshi attacks first next round.
-Ralts payed quite some energy for both Teleporting and using Psychic at once. It was harder, after all.
-First swift was a critical hit.
-Second one was blocked.
-I rolled a dice to see who will attack first in the first action, and Kuma did.

Larsy be good enough? O.O

Sage Noctowl

Calculations please. It's also nice for you to split your battle description into paragraphs based on actions rather than making everything one huge paragraph.

Your description isn't bad in terms of content, but spelling and grammar could be better, and you sometimes end up with nonsense ("He then started to dance somewhat erraticly, but at the same time with some sequence.").

Generally weather moves don't work in buildings without high ceilings or some means of letting rain or what have you inside, whether or not they are explicitly banned. At least you acknowledged that it was weird. Ending stats usually indicate how much toxic poisoning damage is going to increase in the next round, and it usually starts at 2-3% damage per round.

I see you were going for sprites; you need to replace the hyphen with an equals sign to get them to work.

In you final notes you say that the earthquake's damage was affected by "the type change"; I have no idea what you mean by that, but the attack knocked off way too much health. Ground does not resist steel; iron tail should have done more damage. Energy actually looks more or less okay, though I probably would have taxed both battlers a little more than you did. Generally, I prefer that supereffective attacks take a 1.5x modifier rather than 2x.

Aside from formatting issues, it's the mistake in typing considerations that really sinks you here. You also appear to be a bit unfamiliar with some ASB conventions (e.g. toxic, weather attacks). I suggest you read a few more reffings to get an idea of how these things are approached. Not bad for a first try, but next time please include calculations. Not Approved

ultraviolet

Your description is fine. Not much to say there. Generally toxic deals 2-3% damage in its first round, though.

Your damage and energy looks a bit funky. First of all, Ruichii's iron tail did more than its base damage, even though it was being used by a baby pokémon that didn't have STAB; ordinarily, I would expect to see points knocked off its base damage of ten, not added, unless there were some stat changes to consider. Further, given that you're multiplying by two for super-effective attacks (I would prefer a lower modifier, around 1.5), Ossus' earthquake actually did less damage before the SE modifier. Considering that it is a STAB attack, I don't understand how it could have done less than iron tail. Similarly, although the energy for iron tail and earthquake is in the right ballpark, I would anticipate that Ruichii would need to use more for iron tail, given that it's not of his element.

The damage thing kind of throws me. It's a good reffing otherwise, but I'm really not sure what's going on with your damage calculations. Not Approved

Psymon

Your description is better, but you're constructing some monster sentences there by cramming loads of clauses on them. Consider breaking them up a bit.

Earthquake did a little less damage than I was expecting; more importantly, though, it required way too little damage to perform. It should be less than iron tail, true, but still at least 6-7% energy for a basic pokémon in a three-stage evolution chain to use. Similarly, toxic is a fairly costly attack, albeit not as expensive as something like earthquake.

Not bad overall. Your battle description has definitely improved, although it's still a bit awkward. It's mostly your energy in this one that's off, although it's not too bad. Clean things up a little more and you should be fine. Not Approved

Kam

Battle description is okay, if brief and a bit stilted.

Generally weather effects don't work inside of buildings (with roofs) unless stated otherwise, as, for example, there isn't a whole lot of room for a raincloud to gather under your standard roof.

Your damage and energy is problematic. Firstly, ground doesn't resist steel, so Ossus should have taken more damage from the iron tail. It's a little odd that Ossus and Ruichii used the same amount of energy, considering that Ossus was using a STAB attack and Ruichii wasn't; it would only be worth a point or so there, though, so no big deal. Toxic is a fairly energy-intensive move for a non-poison-type and especially a base evolution ; six or so percent would be more

To be honest, messing up the type chart isn't too good. If you're not sure on an obscure matchup, it's best to do a quick lookup and check. Other than that, aside from a couple of ASB quirks, you're mostly doing fine. This is definitely your best submission so far; it's really the iron tail mistake that pulls it down. If you don't slip up like that on the next mock and keep an eye on your calcs, you should be fine. For now, though, Not Approved.

Lars the Turtwig

Your battle description is littered with spelling errors (that could, naturally, easily be caught by spellcheck in either your browser or an editing program) and grammar problems or typos ("a victorious laughter", "let out a start"). It's not unreadable or anything, but your production quality could definitely be higher (spelling especially started to get bad towards the end of the description).

You've written a lot for this, but quantity is really less of interest than quality. If trimming down the description a bit would let you focus more on what writing you have, you should go with that. Your descriptions of attacks are fine, but there's plenty in here that looks as though it was tacked on to increase length, like Kuma's random "jumping around" in paragraph six. It feels forced in, rather than flowing naturally as a part of the
action.

I would typically give Ralts the benefit of the doubt and let her attack first in this instance, simply because she was commanded to and she has the same speed as her opponent; flipping a coin is an acceptable way to do things, though.

Damage is a little weird. If a base swift is 7 damage, a critical should be 13, given swift's base power of 60. Meanwhile, psychic did only two more damage than swift; I'm guessing that's due to the evolution modifier, but since STAB adds more damage to psychic than it does to swift I'd still expect to see around a three-point difference between them. Energy is more or less fine.

Rather borderline on this; you could definitely stand to clean up your description a bit, but the meat of the description itself, where it doesn't go off on a tangent, is decent. Damage and energy is okay. In the end I suppose I'll say Approved.

Additionally, I've included the battle left out of your last paycheck in this one, but if you could be less obnoxious about pointing out payment errors in the future, it would be greatly appreciated.

Paychecks

Aethelstan: 1 = $7
Blastoise: 1 2 = $14
blazheirio889: 1 2 3 = $39
Chiropter: 1 = $13
Dragon: 1 = $10
Kusarigamaitachi: 1 2 3 4 = $52
Kratos Aurion: 1 2 = $26
Lars the Turtwig: 1 = $10
Metallica Fanboy: 1 2 = $14
Mike the Foxhog: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 + $5 = $95
Negrek: 1 2 3 4 5 = $65

Last edited:
Much as I hate to get less money, Negrek, that 3rd round you linked to in my post is Blastoise's. And as far as I can see I only reffed thrice these two weeks (bad Blazhy!) so my paycheck needs to be adjusted before I can claim it. Thanks~

New mocks will be up in a few minutes.

Paychecks
Aethelstan: 1 = $7
Blastoise: 1 = $7
blazheirio889: 1 2 = $26
Kratos Aurion: 1 = $13
Kusarigamaitachi: 1 = $13
Metallica Fanboy: 1 = $7
Mike the Foxhog: 1 2 = $20
moon-panther: 1 = $9
Negrek: 1 2 3 = $39

Retry for Novice Ref:

2 vs. 2
One out at a time
DQ Time: 4 days
Restrictions: No OHKO Moves, no items, basics
Damage caps: 50%

Arena: Cascade Mountains
Located on a pass through the tall Cascade Mountains. It is quite cold with thin air. The tops of the mountains are covered with snow, while everything below is a forest of pine trees. The battle is located in one of these forests, quite a ways from the nearest peak.
Beginning of Round 2 Stats:
Round One End

Pokémon Partner
(O)
Monferno
(M)
Health: 80%
Energy: 93%
Status: impatiently waiting for his orders, still cold, LEECH SEED

Missingno_7-4468
(O)
Harry (Shiftry) <Chlorophyll>
(M)
Energy: 88%
Status: happy the fire spin is gone, satisfied with the round
Attempted commands:
Monferno: Sunny Day ~ Blaze Kick/Heat Wave ~ Counter/Flamethrower
Harry: Swords Dance ~ Aerial Ace ~ Air Cutter

Round 2: Begin!

After receiving commands from their masters, each Pokémon faced each other, in an informal salute. Getting right in on the action, Monferno concentrated his energy upward, and as Harry watched, the clouds began to drift away, exposing the sun and warmth. Harry lifted his leaves up to gather sunlight, and felt a burst of energy moving through his veins. Using this energy, he quickly danced around, dodging and parrying non-existent attacks, throwing a couple of jabs in at the air, then rested. He watched as the seed he embedded in Monferno sapped energy from him and drew it back to Harry.

Monferno: -1% Health, -6% Energy
Harry: +1% Health, -5% Energy, +2 Attack

This time, Harry went in for the attack first. Monferno watched as the Shiftry used a surprising amount of speed to slash through the air at blinding speeds, and hit his target square in the chest. Taking a few steps back from the powerful attack, Monferno retaliated with what he was to use against the physical attack that he had just fallen victim to. Concentrating fire into his right foot, the fire monkey kicked at the wood goblin with all of his might. Harry flew backwards, and his skin began to burn. As Monferno began to tire from this attack, he felt energy being drawn from him into the plant embedded into his skin, and saw it transferred over to Harry.

Monferno: -15% Damage, -9% Energy
Harry: -13% Damage, -6% Energy, burn

Harry gingerly used the energy buildup to quickly flap his leaves like wings and generate a weak air wave towards Monferno, who tried to dodge, but couldn’t. Monferno, seeing that this was not a physical endeavor, started to build up fire in the back of his throat, then let it out in a giant beam of flame. Harry's skin began to itch as he looked at the large burn that was on his left arm.

Monferno: -7% Damage, -8% Energy
Harry: -19% Damage, -5% Energy

Round Two End.

Pokémon Partner
(O)
Monferno
(M)
Health: 57%
Energy: 70%
Status: Warmer, feeling weak from the last round, but accomplished. Leech Seed.
Successful Commands: Sunny Day~Blaze Kick~Flamethrower

Missingno_7-4468
(O)
Harry (Shiftry) <Chlorophyll>
(M)
Health: 49%
Energy: 72%
Status: Singed, not feeling so well off, burned (Severe) +2 Attack.
Successful Commands: Swords Dance~Aerial Ace~Air Cutter

Arena Notes: The sun is shining brightly (Sunny Day will last 4 more rounds)

Notes:
-Energy usage was increased because of the thin air.
-Fire Attacks did less damage (80%) because of the depletion of oxygen, causing combustion to happen more weakly.
-Luck was pretty bland: No critical hits, misses, etc.
-Missingno issues commands first next round
-Pokémon Partner attacks second.

Probably as miserable as the last one, but calculations maybe a little better?

Last edited:
2 vs. 2
One out at a time

Located on a pass through the tall Cascade Mountains. It is quite cold with thin air. The tops of the mountains are covered with snow, while everything below is a forest of pine trees. The battle is located in one of these forests, quite a ways from the nearest peak.

Pokémon Partner
(O)
monferno
Monferno, M, Blaze
Status: Impatiently waiting for his orders. Still cold. Seeded.
Commands: Sunny Day ~ Blaze Kick/Heat Wave ~ Counter/Flamethrower

Missingno_7-4468
(O)
shiftry
Harry, M, Chlorophyll
Status: Happy the fire spin is gone, and satisfied with the round.
Counter: Swords Dance ~ Aerial Ace ~ Air Cutter

ROUND 2 BEGIN!!

Harry laughed at his opponent. The stupid monkey had fallen victim to his Leech Seed! He incorporated his laugh into his next move. He pretended to grip a sword, and began parrying with an invisible opponent. He finished off the maneuver with a powerful slice, chopping the foe’s head off. He grinned, feeling more powerful. [4e, +2 atk] Monferno, on the other hand, was not as pleased. Maybe it had something to do with the col weather, his trainer thought. He ordered the chimp to let the sun shine. Monferno did as he was told, emitting fire energy from his hands. [4e] A few seconds later, like magic, the sun rose.

Harry, feeling his body speed up as a result of the sunlight, ran towards his opponent. He sliced his opponent with lightning speed. [14h, 4e] Monferno lost his balance as a result, but he quickly got up. He bounced off of a tree, set his foot on fire, and jumped towards his opponent. Harry, gloating about his sword skills, turned around and saw the monkey coming straight at him. He had no time to react as Monferno kicked him square in the face, knocking him over. [20h, 6e] The Monferno jumped up and down, pleased with his kill.

Using the melting snow to cool his wounds, Harry got up again. Using his arms to whip up some winds, he launched a razor sharp blade of air at his opponent. The Monferno tried to dodge the winds, but failed. [13h, 3e] He responded by shooting rapidfire flames (get it? rapid fire? it’s a fire type move? hahaha not really) from his mouth. Harry tried to avoid the fire, but the embers were too strong to dodge. [20h, 5e]

Monferno felt his life energy seep from his body and into Harry’s. [3h] Harry grinned, pleased with how his seeds were helping him.

ROUND 2 END!!

Pokémon Partner
(O)
monferno
Monferno, M, Blaze
Health: 50%
Energy: 78%
Commands: Sunny Day ~ Blaze Kick ~ Flamethrower

Missingno_7-4468
(O)
shiftry
Harry, M, Chlorophyll
Health: 43%
Energy: 77%
Status: Annoyed that his opponent did so much damage. +2 Attack.
Counter: Swords Dance ~ Aerial Ace ~ Air Cutter

Arena Notes: The sun is shining (13 more actions). The snow is quickly melting.

Ref’s Notes:
Monferno’s attacks did a ridiculous amount of damage, thanks to the sunlight.
Missingno posts commands...
followed b Pokemon Partner.

Fail Novice ref Gogogo!

2 vs. 2
One out at a time

Pokémon Partner
(O)
Monferno
<Blaze> (M)
Status: Impatiently waiting for his orders, still cold, Affected By Leech Seed. (-1% health per action)
Commands:
Sunny Day ~ Blaze Kick/Heat Wave ~ Counter/Flamethrower

Missingno_7-4468
(O)
Shiftry [ Harry]
<Chlorophyll> (M)
Status: Happy that the fire spin is gone, satisfied with the round. Regaining Health from Leech Seed (+1% Health per Action)
Commands:
Swords Dance ~ Aerial Ace ~ Air Cutter

Round Pie Begin

Monferno starts the round up with a few weird gestures, seemingly aimed at the sun. As if by magic, the sun suddenly massively intensifies on the battlefield. Snow around the battlers melts in the intense heat. The flame on Monferno's tail also seems to grow a bit larger than usual too. However, Harry seems to get a bit of a benefit to Monferno's surprise. The leaves on his arms suddenly turn greener, and Harry himself seems to be a bit more energetic.Harry starts to twirl and swish around in an intricate dance on his wooden feet, seemingly slashing invisible enemy. However, to Harry, he imagines that he is fighting Monferno with his leafy hands. He slowed back down to a stop, his fans noticeably sharper than before. The vines wrapped around Monferno's Leg start to grow a oddly creepy red colour, sucking a slight amount of health from him and giving it to Harry.
<Monferno -3E, -1H><Harry -2E, +1H, +2 Attack >

Harry, sped up by the new-found sunlight, starts to run towards Monferno at blinding speed. About a metre away from his target, Harry seems to disappear. Monferno, slightly bewildered by this, looks around quickly, but in the split second he looked around, Harry appears behind him and slashes him on the back.Monferno quickly turns around, back bleeding and prepares his attack. He grabs his tail flame and sets his right leg on fire. Quickly and efficiently, he kicks Harry on the chest, burning his footprint into his chest. Yet again, the vines on the Fire Monkey's leg start to glow, taking a bit more health from him and restoring some of it back to Harry.
<Monferno -6E, -14H><Harry -4E, -17H>

Harry, quite pissed of that his lovely chest was singed, starts flapping his arms about, slicing the air. Compressed little waves of air fly towards Monferno, eventually hitting the monkey in the chest and sending him backwards.Recovering quickly, Monferno starts his attack. He breathes in deeply, sucking up all the air he can, and releases it in a massive burst of orangey-red flame, aimed at straight Harry. The stream of fire hit him, singing all of the front side of his body. Monferno, expecting it this time, watches without interest as the vines suck yet more vitality from him and gives it to Harry.
<Monferno -9E, -8H><Harry -3E, -19H>​

Pokémon Partner
(O)
Monferno
<Blaze> (M)
Health: 57%
Energy: 75%
Status: Admiring his handiwork but bleeding on his back. Affected By Leech Seed. (-1% health per action)

Missingno_7-4468
(O)
Shiftry [ Harry]
<Chlorophyll> (M)
Health: 45%
Energy: 79%
Status: Singed by the Flamethrower with a footprint burnt into his chest. Regaining Health from Leech Seed (+1% Health per Action)

Terrain Notes: Lots of the nearby snow has melted in the sweltering heat.

Ref Notes:
Sunny Day is in Effect (3 more rounds)
All of Monferno's fire type moves were boosted from sunshine.
Harry's Ability (Chlorophyll) took affect and doubled his base speed from Action 2 onwards.
Missingno_7-4468 attack first next round, then Pokemon Partner.
I would ref it's a mock.

Sage Noctowl

Yes, the calculations are appreciated. Your battle description is serviceable; grammar and punctuation are a bit funky at times, but for the most part you give the picture of the overall play of attacks

Did Harry's burn up and disappear by the end of the round? It should be noted in his ending stats.

Your damage and energy doesn't make much sense, though. After accounting for leech seed and your penatly on fire moves, Monferno took 14% damage from aerial ace and would have done 17% with blaze kick. However, blaze kick is a base 85, STAB super-effective move being boosted by sunny day; aerial ace is a base 60 non-STAB super-effective attack off a +2 boosted stat. Harry does get an evolution bonus on his attacks, but there's no way aerial ace should have come that close to dealing as much damage as blaze kick--blaze kick starts at a higher power level (more or less equal after swords dance) and has more positive modifiers on it. Perhaps you took the sword dance attack bonus to do the same as it would in the games and doubled the attack strength, but that's not how it's calculated in ASB.

Later, Monferno uses less energy to use flamethrower than he did to use blaze kick, even though it's a more powerful attack, and it does (after adjusting for other damage factors) 8% more damage, even though there's only a 10 bp difference between the two attacks. (Admittedly I didn't factor burn into anything because I wasn't sure how much damage you were

At the moment, I would concentrate on going over your damage/energy system; at the moment I'm not quite sure what's up with it. Not Approved

Kam

You mostly have the same problems as Sage Noctowl above. Description is okay, but damage and energy don't make sense. Why is flamethrower less expensive to use than blaze kick when it's the more powerful attack? Likewise, why is it only dealing as much as blaze kick? And how is air cutter--a special attack that therefore misses out on Harry's swords dance boost and which is weaker to begin with--dealing almost as much damage as aerial ace?

Your energy looks fine, but I'm not even entirely sure how you're working your type effectiveness boosts and the sunny day multiplier, for example, when it comes to damage. Description is not a real problem, but the numbers are. Not Approved

Psymon

Mmm. Your description still has some polish and wording problems--typos and the like--but it's not a huge issue. Sentence construction can sometimes make the attack's description seem clumsy, but for the most part what needs to be there is there.

Harry's final status should make some indication of his attack boost, unless it's gone already.

It's a little bit of a tough call, but overall you seem to have the principle of the thing down okay. I would suggest that you continue to work on polishing your battle description as you go through your reffings, but you should be okay for novice. Approved

Paychecks

The reffings from those paychecks that were not collected last week due to errors have been carried over to this week with fixes made as appropriate.

blazheirio889: 1 2 3 4 + $5 = $57
Kratos Aurion: 1 = $13
Lars the Turtwig: 1 = $10
Mike the Foxhog: 1 2 3 4 5 + $5 = $55

I'd like to be weird and reinforce what Joeseph is saying, simply because I'm weird.

...And I've been studying other reffings. And checking here every two seconds. And it's frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom