• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Relic of the Lost God [Sign-up/OOC] Open

Sylph

Take me to Wonderland
Reliccopy.png

Stories spread from person to person, all in hopes of keeping them alive for years to come. As time has passed, the stories start to fade as the minds start to weaken. Children grow, never knowing of the great stories and legends of old from their parents and elders. This however isn’t the case in a small pirate town near the open shore. Though times has changed on this peaceful shore, new devices have been invented to busy the minds of people alike, the old stories of pirates and adventure still run strong in this seafaring town.

The most told stories are told of two ships, tied together by friendship and rivalry as they pursued treasure beyond the horizon in a friendly race to loot. Tales of their adventures are passed down from generation to generation, one of the stories detailing one of their grand races in search of the legendary “Kirin’s Treasure” at the end of the world. After the ships raced to the location of the treasure, they returned with nothing more than a smile and knowing looks in their eyes. When they were asked what the treasure looked like, they would answer “beautiful and precious beyond belief. To take a treasure like that would be impossible for one man’. They would not answer what the treasure was, but the captains would look to one another and smile over their mugs. After they pulled anchor from the small port, no word was sent of what adventures they embarked. Many believed they died at sea, others say they went back to the end of the world to search for more treasure. No one knows the fate of those ships that disappeared more than a century ago.

Until two mysterious ships docked at the small pier on the night of their disappearance. Two figures emerged from the ships, the captains of each boat meeting one another on the wharf. Though the children and adults find them as strangers on their shores, the elders of the town grow lively by their appearance. The children and adults dismiss the idea that the two captains were the ones from the stories, the elders only voiced that there could be no others than the ageless captains of the legendary ships tied on their dock.

The two captains however stayed close to their ships, scanning the unfamiliar town before them with unease. The town had changed since the last they stopped by, making them feel the weight of their curse more than ever. They look at one another sadly, seeing the hub they once loved change with time while they sailed into the great unknown. They knew the price for their curse when they stole the orbs of the two dragon gods, taking it onto themselves with no care at first. Now they see the price clearer than before. They have watched other towns turn into cities, the fall and rises of kingdoms, and the changes of the east to the west. They have watched the end of their era when pirate after pirate fell to the hands of the navy and hung from the gallows. They hear the whispers of their ships being called ‘myths’ and referred to as ‘ghost ships’ by the locals of towns they pass through when acquiring food.

They knew they were not meant to be part of this new world, but they had no choice now. They have learned of another treasure, one that came to their attention when passing through a city on their way. They spoke of an orb that could create a tear in the world and transport the user to another dimension. They called the orb the ‘Relic of the Hidden God’, the final member of the circle of Gods that ruled over this world. The orb was the third in the set they once thought was only two, and was said to be owned by the mirror of the Kirin. The story may have perked their interest, but that would have only gone that far if they had never heard the next rumour.

The old Navy Ship ‘Passages' Truth’ had set out on a quest to obtain the item for a wealthy young woman, whom has been known to take power from those around her and use it to crush anyone that questions her. Obtaining the ship from the Navy was easy enough for her, due to the will left by the famous Navy captain known only as ‘Father’ that once commanded the ship. Within the will, it was stated that the old ship would fall into the ownership of the Tsuda family. After learning of the orb with the power to travel to other dimensions, the woman hired a crew and sent them off to find it for her.

Hearing that the ship that once chased them across the many seas was sent out to find the orb, the two captains felt pressured to finding and keeping the orb from the greedy woman of the Tsuda house. Having run into the old masters of that name in the past, having their Navy captain companion chase them in hopes of capturing the God’s treasures from them to further his and the Tsudas plans of taking control over the world, the two knew the danger that could only come if the crew of ‘Passages' Truth’ found the relic before they had.

So they travelled back to the old pirate hub they claimed as their meeting place eons ago, hearts heavy with the changes they see before them. The town stayed small, they still had the old buildings they remember, but the energy of it has changed from their time away from it. With the ‘Golden Pirate Age’ over, they feared the people capable of doing crew work would see them as jesters for dressing like pirates in this day and age. But they couldn’t turn back now, they knew what they needed from this town.

They needed a crew to fill the ship, and they needed one quick. With saddened looks, they travel to the nearest pub, slightly relieved to find that the name had not changed since they last left it. Taking a table, they lower their voices and discuss what must be done. After some time, one of the captains lean forward and placed a hand over the others, a light of sadness in their eyes.

“Edward…I know this may not be what you want to hear, but we need to combine the ship’s power into one. If we are to find the Relic, we need the power of both gods in one ship once more. The good Lady Equivalence is a fine ship, but with what we are getting into, it could leave her worn for wear. I think we should take my ship for this journey…it was once a fighting Navy ship in its youth, and it may help us in the end.” the captain whispered. Edward only sighed and patted his friend’s hand, looking off to the side. “She is a good strong ship, the good lady. She is fast, tough and seasoned from the adventures we’ve had. She was the first ship you and I were on, Ming. She was the one that taught you how to be a pirate, watched you grow and saw you on your way to be a pirate yourself. With all that history, you ask me to have her lie in wait while we use your ship to quest with?”

Ming squeezes his hand and bent her head, trying to catch his eye. “Kate can’t do this mission with us. The last time we tangled with that family, we nearly lost her…I can’t have us lose another to the hands of that ship and the Tsuda family…”she trailed off, voice ending in a whisper. Edward glanced back at her, taking her hand and giving it a tight squeeze. “I see…that’s why you really left.” he whispered, lifting his other hand to stroke the back of it against her cheek. “You want to use your ship because you can’t stay on mine without being reminded of how we lost your husband.” he sighed sadly, secretly knowing that it was the cause for her departure of the Lady Equivalence. Ming closed her eyes and leaned into the touch, a tear rolling down her cheek. “That ship holds its own curse…it slices through our enchantments and renders the orbs powerless. It is a scary power and it will only get worse if they obtain the relic. With that…they could try to take over another world all together. We can’t let them do this, not even if I die stopping them.” she finished with a growl.

Edward nodded his head, knowing how determined the young lass could be at times. “If you are willing to die, than so am I” he smiled, only to blink confusedly when Ming shook her head. “No Edward…you need to be with Kate. I’ll be needing the orb from your ship…and with that gone, time may start again for her. You need to be there for the birth of your first child. Let me fight this fight…I’ll return alive and well, giving the orb back to you so we can all live ageless again with your new charge.” she laughed softly. Edward draws back from her, a stern look in his eyes. He knew he could argue with her about this, for days if he must. But he also knew the look in her eye when she would not move from her decision.

He knew she wanted this fight to avenge her fallen lover.

Weary from travel, he pats her hand reassuringly and framed her face in his hands. “Fine, you win this round. But you must promise me this one thing. If I ever send you word that I will be joining you, you must return to this place and allow me onto your ship with whomever I bring with me. don’t ask when I will call, I’ll know when to send word when the time comes” . Ming chuckles, resting her head on the table and tapping her nail on the top. “Fine, you have my word. I’ll return for you when you call. I’m sure you know a way to contact me no matter how far I venture.” she questioned, only to roll her eyes when the man smirked down at her. “I’ll know how to contact you. All you need to do is tell your mast to return to these shores to fetch me.”

After that night, the two captains leave the pub to return to their ships to prepare. They left only one thing back in the pub that night. A note dictating that the ship ‘St. Virtue’ will be needing a crew for a quest. They will need strapping young men and intelligent woman to join, ready for a battle and skilled in some art of battle. They will not be taking children on this dangerous mission, only those that have confidence in their weapon arm and skills to aid them in battle need to apply for this.

Are you brave enough to join the crew of a ‘Ghost ship’ in search for a fabled relic?

--------

Avast! Welcome to RLG and the fair crew of the St.Virtue! You will face challenges set out ahead of you, fighting things only seen in myths and try to capture the Relic before Passages' Truth gets to it. Fair warning to ye, this will not be a easy trip. We may lose many in this venture and fools will find themselves suited for Sharpedo bait. But if you follow the Captain's orders, you may survive yet!

Rules:
- Mary-sues and God-mods are thrown overboard
- No you are not the descendent of the ageless pirates
- You may have one pokemon. If its heavy as a cubic fuck ton it better know how to swim...and no, you can't have a whale. Think logically here alright?
- If you don't give a reason why you aren't posting to me (via pm or otherwise) you will be fed to Sharpedos or die some other way that amuses me.
- Grammar is a good thing. I can't spell to well myself, but at least I try.
- No one liners if possible. But please don't drown us in a wall of text either. Find a nice medium and we'll all be happy
- You are a pirate. There is blood, cursing and the like. Kinda goes with the gig.
- There will be some people playing ship pokemon. These people were invited to do so by me. Don't cry if you aren't one of them and just play your Pirate, ok?
- Lets try to have fun. Yes, its a rule. Also, lets try not to kill this game, I've seen far to many die on this site.

Form:

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Why did you join the Pirates:
Other:

...things may change in this post. So check back often.

Last edited:
Name: Xhan "Guppy" Northcut

Appearance: Relatively normal height, though a little on the short side. He has short black hair, with sharp blue eyes. He wears a pair of black goggles on his head, usually just keeping them above his head. He also wears a black shirt under a blue belted jacket, black pants with several pockets, and a loose-fitting black scarf, as well as a pair of heavy, fingerless black gloves. (Not heavy like "Winter-heavy," heavy like a lot of padding heavy.) (Picture)

Personality: Xhan may be into official adulthood, but that doesn't mean he's mature. He usually makes a good first impression so he can tag along for whatever ride the bandwagon's on, then throws it out for stupidity. Many view him as an outright idiot, when it's really just him trying to have fun. Usually, that fun is at the expense of others, though he means no harm, and doesn't want anyone hurt. Underneath it all, he truly does understand the gravity of things, but unless the situation is truly dire, he'll just continue his stupidity in bliss. If you should actually manage to make him hate you, a feat few accomplish, you'd be best off just avoiding him. When it comes down to it, and he's serious, Xhan can put up a hell of a fight.

Why did you join the Pirates: According to Xhan, he was bored and thought it'd be 'fun.' The truth is, he's sick of life as it is. Not bored, just truly sick of people in his neighborhood, and he intends to use these "Pirates" as a means to escape, then ditch them in a few months after he's gotten a bit of loot. (He doesn't actually believe there's a relic at all.)

Other: Xhan spent most of his years training for hand-to-hand combat, and isn't very skillful with weapons. He's a self-taught fighter, having had to learn his moves for when he got cornered. As a result, there's no such thing as a fair fight, or honorable battle. You take any opportunity and win by any means necessary, then run like hell.

Also, he has no Pokemon. He tried that, but it also got irritated by his immaturity, and ran off to god-knows-where. He decided they weren't for him.

Question: (Rather, 2 questions) Did the flyer specifically say that we'd be looking for an ancient relic, and out of curiosity, what IS the pub named?

Last edited:
Dahahahahaha, ok you're in because i know you'll make this interesting and I'm pretty sure I can kick your butt if you stop posting.

Also, answers-
1) Nope. Just saying they need a crew
2) Uh...that is yet to be named.

*claps* Lovely job, my boy~

Welcome to the crew, Mr. Northcut. Ye best be ready for some hard work.

Aye, cap! Onward unto death and, uh... Avast and such.

So when you say that the pub is yet to be named, I figure either A: SPOILERS, or B:You just couldn't think of one. I assumed B, and hit a button on the Seventh Sanctum Tavern Generator. Here's the ironic part. One of the Tavern names it gave me was "The Laughing Jackal." O.o Not even joking.

I'd rather not have any moby dick accidents, thank you very much.

....and don't you have some mafia games to reply too?

Oh snap pirates.

Reserving this nonsense.

Name: Jack "Spades" Slick (yes. I did. I am such a loser, I know)
Appearance: He's regular height, thin, and wears all black, a longcoat and pants. He also sports a hat, which he never lets leave his head.
Personality:He hates clocks, and he likes to cut things. Jack is pretty disagreeable, but if you know how to talk to him he's alright.
Why did you join the Pirates: Jack has always been interested in ways to make himself more powerful, and this seemed to be a wonderful opportunity.
Other: Yo ho Yo ho a pirate's life for me.

Gah one sentence descriptions.

Last edited:
Name: Derrik "Bloody-Tongue" Terrnsent
Appearance: This is a very accurate picture as to how I would describe him. (Not mine however)
Personality: Derrik is somewhat of a day-dreamer, his mind dwelling on what it would've been like to have been a pirate in their hey-day, primarily due to his grandfather having been a famous pirate. Derrik is freindly and quite pleasent to be around, but can get rambuncious and enjoys challenging others to duels with swords, or words, hence his nick-name. Derrik claims he could be a passionite romantic, if he would meet the right woman, and that he lives for thrill. His current occupation is a fisher, working a small sail boat to catch deeper-sea fish.
Why did you join the Pirates: To live as his grandfather had. To enjoy the thrill of sailing the high seas on the deck of a sailing ship.
Other: Derrik's pokemon is a Machamp who has specifically been trained throughout it's life in the use of swords, as well as the typical fighting styles it would use. It wears three sheathes, each with it's own sword.

Name: Jack Geyser

Appearance: Jack Geyser has always been a pale sort of person. Jack has black, slightly curly hair that's short enough to stay above his ears, eyes, and neck. The young man has a number of dark freckles covering his nose, cheeks, hands, and back. Jack's eyes are so darkly brown so as to appear black, and they seem a bit large for his face. He's not unusually tall, but he's blade-thin so it seems like it at times. Jack isn't heavily muscled or anything, but he's by no means weak or frail.

Jack wears mostly simple clothing; he owns a couple of striped navy shirts and a black vest, as well as a few pairs of raggedly-cut cotton shorts. His shoes are unadorned black leather boots that reach only a bit over his ankles. His one pair of socks is mismatched, blue and dirty white. The blue one has a white patch over the big toe. He keeps these few spare clothes in a burlap rucksack. The pack also contains a few of Jack's other possessions; a round-handled dagger that he's rather skilled with, a couple of thin botany books, and a silver pocket watch that's Jack's most prized object.

Personality: Although Jack cares about friendship and twue wuv and all of that jazz, he's the first to admit that he likes to have things. He likes money as well, if only because it's a way to get nice things. He is, conversely, given to random bouts of generosity if there's a call for them, offering food or even some spare change to people if they seem to need it more than he does; this leads to a perpetuating cycle of getting things he wants and giving a pretty large amount of it away over time.

Beyond that, Jack is a rather amicable fellow. He's quiet unless you engage him first, in which case he's about as talkative as any other person. He's also critical of many things, and although he means no disrespect most of the time, he'll point out mistakes that you've made without thinking. Jack doesn't take orders from people he doesn't know personally all that well, but he would disagree with you if you said it about him. He's obedient to anyone who he knows well, though. Jack is also happy just to see new things, which also means that he's given to bouts of silent boredom if he's at the same location for a long time, like, say, a ship. But that's not going to come up much, probably!

Why did you join the Pirates: To travel, and to get some cash eventually. Jack's always been open to crazy ideas, so this is a perfect fit. He's also got a bunch of experience in odd jobs, so he's good at cleaning and cooking and similar things.

Other:

(June) Mime Jr. (♀) @Filter
A psychic powerhouse. Won't seem to evolve.

so wait.

There's pokemon in this? Thought you were just amaking a joke with the sharpedo bait thing. (I'm sorry, but the intro tl;dr)

Back
Top Bottom