• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Religion

I can add that about 80-90% of Scandanavia (depends on which country) 'belongs' to the protestant church of their nation but about 3% (depends on the source) actually go to church.

So that's why all those satanistic black metal bands are from Scandinavia!

I'm actually rather pleasantly surprised by how nonreligious Europeans are. In the foothills of Northwest Pennsylvania one is hard-pressed to find somebody who ISN'T an evangelizing born-again Christian who would shun you if (s)he knew you weren't the same. In a neighboring town to mine there was a family that took in an exchange student from Egypt but when they found out he was a Muslim they actually refused to house him any longer. I had on my Myspace profile that I was an atheist for a while, and somehow my grandparents found it and I had all sorts of religious propaganda coming my way for the next several weeks. -.-

In conclusion I need to move to Europe and get away from these crazy superstitious people.

Move to the Czech Republic or Estonia or Sweden. There are more nonreligious people there than religious.

Yes, move to Sweden! The taxes will kill you, but then our superior health care will revive you! Plus, you get to meet me. I'll cook you palt, fisk, surströmming and meatballs, and then we'll go for a nice walk in the Viking-Moose Natural Reserve for Polar Bears, and lastly we'll go buy some cheap wine from the government.

Speaking of all that money, Valor, google can amuse me sometimes.
I always found it funny that the Catholic church, the religion that condones living simply and condemns luxury, is the richest organization on Earth. And that's without counting all the free shit they get (cars, cats, clothes, everything).

I just posted a set of stats for Netherlands which quite clearly shows that 20% as an overall stat for Europe is the bare minimum. I am pretty sure that Scandinavia is very secular, Germany is becoming more secular iirc, maybe Belgium too (VPLJ help me out here.)
Yeah, Belgium's becoming very secular too. I read somewhere that like 40% of the population declared themselves as non-believers, and it seems reasonable. The two major religions here are Christianity and Islam (due to out massive amount of Turkish immigrants), I reckon.
Portugal is very, very religious. I think it's fighting Italy for the 'most religious country in Europe' title..

I always found it funny that the Catholic church, the religion that condones living simply and condemns luxury, is the richest organization on Earth. And that's without counting all the free shit they get (cars, cats, clothes, everything).

They don't want you to have stuff so they can take it from you. It's a scam.

Yeah, Belgium's becoming very secular too. I read somewhere that like 40% of the population declared themselves as non-believers, and it seems reasonable. The two major religions here are Christianity and Islam (due to out massive amount of Turkish immigrants), I reckon.
Portugal is very, very religious. I think it's fighting Italy for the 'most religious country in Europe' title..

Flanders: Netherlands, Part II.

Walloons aren't Belgium. It's France. I count Brussels as Flanders. Even though it's majorly French nowadays.

Religon is fine, as long as religous people don't force their beliefs on other who don't want to share them. This also applies to other beliefs that aren't religious, I guess.

The Bible said:
Mark 11:12-14

12 And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry: 13 And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet. 14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.

I felt it necessary to post this. Any comments on Jesus cursing a fig tree for not having figs, months before fig season?

Back
Top Bottom