• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Religion

It amuses me that the religion thread's debating homosexuality and the homosexuality thread's debating religion.
(moreso than the other way around, at least)

Amusement aside, this thread deeply saddens me ):

...This thread makes me feel bipolar.

Really, the only major religions I can think that can (at least in the US) legitimately say that they are being discriminated against/mocked/being persecuted/whatever for their religion are Muslims and Scientologists.
Just like to point out Scientology isn't a religion but an evil cult hth

Islam place-of-worship [forget what you call it]
A mosque.

Anyway I ain't got time to stick around and contribute to this fascinating conversation due to exams but I'd like to point something out:
Homosexuality is behavior and should NOT be treated like race.
You know what whoever made that analogy meant? They meant they're both things people are born with.
And I laughed at your retarded 'they have the same marriage rights as anyone else but they want special ones!' bullshit. What marriage rights do they have? They can only marry people of the opposite gender and I'll let you in on a little secret: gay people aren't attracted to people of the same gender. They have no interest in marrying someone of the same gender. They just want to live a happy married life like straight couples.

Belgium's allowed gay marriage for years now and we haven't really sunk into the depths of hell yet.
Hell, Holland wins the Gay Rights award by a landslide and they're doing quite well, escept for some immigration trouble that has nothing to do with gay marriage.

All I've gathered from this thread is that god's a dick and America's a shithole.

Oh and normal atheists and gay people don't want to take away your religious rights. We just want you to think for yourself and be a decent human being.

Just like to point out Scientology isn't a religion but an evil cult hth

and it doesn't matter if you oppress evil cults right

You know what whoever made that analogy meant? They meant they're both things people are born with.

'twas opal

And I laughed at your retarded 'they have the same marriage rights as anyone else but they want special ones!' bullshit. What marriage rights do they have? They can only marry people of the opposite gender and I'll let you in on a little secret: gay people aren't attracted to people of the same gender. They have no interest in marrying someone of the same gender. They just want to live a happy married life like straight couples.

and Mr Lucario's bigotry is stopping them from doing just that

Belgium's allowed gay marriage for years now and we haven't really sunk into the depths of hell yet.
Hell, Holland wins the Gay Rights award by a landslide and they're doing quite well, escept for some immigration trouble that has nothing to do with gay marriage.

no it actually has to do with religion and muslims who are fucking up shit but don't actually know what religion entails and are just a bunch of kool kids yelling ALLAH IS POWERFUL I'LL BOMB U IF U INSILT HIM

All I've gathered from this thread is that god's a dick and America's a shithole.

You have some vision dear Putin. I would like you to grant me political asylum in Russia because obviously muslims do not exist there. Also, I will chill with Medvedev because he enjoys Deep Purple, Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin.

normal atheists and gay people don't want to take away your religious rights. We just want you to think for yourself and be a decent human being.

Which is nothing more than.... sensible.

Wrote epic essay on this where there's total implication throughout the story that the protagonist is a gay dude but then in the twist ending its a black dude campaigning for the right to marry his white girlfriend back in the 50s.

Anyway;

Universal Declaration of Human Rights said:
ARTICLE 16
1) Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.
2) Marriage shall be entered into only with the free and full consent of the intending spouses.
3/ The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State.

humanrightspwn

I just got IMed by some faggot from here ranting about my admittedly, in most people's eyes, rather extreme views.
Say hi

no it actually has to do with religion and muslims who are fucking up shit but don't actually know what religion entails and are just a bunch of kool kids yelling ALLAH IS POWERFUL I'LL BOMB U IF U INSILT HIM
yeah that's what i was thinking about but i was kind of anxious about sounding anti-muslim or something :v but yeah the kids of first gen muslim immigrants are fucking shit up in holland something awful.

You have some vision dear Putin. I would like you to grant me political asylum in Russia because obviously muslims do not exist there.
Obviously.

Also, I will chill with Medvedev because he enjoys Deep Purple, Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin.
ugh he puts them on with the volume way up just to piss me off. goddamnit i have assassinations vodka bitches submarines to order

and Mr Lucario's bigotry is stopping them from doing just that
Which is nothing more than.... sensible.
Yep.

I just got IMed by some faggot from here ranting about my admittedly, in most people's eyes, rather extreme views.
Say hi
Hello.

If California had banned interracial marriage, would you say the same thing? Especially when the Supreme Court had deemed the ban unconstitutional.

I was debating with a girl in my history class today and she said that the issue of gay marriage is completely different to that of interracial marriage and I was like "wtf it's the same thing."

I think she's a closet lesbian though, because she says that gays choose their sexuality and I'm like "what."

This (Jon Stewart talking to Gov. Mike Huckabee about gay marriage on The Daily Show) is the best thing I've seen in a long while.

Huckabee uses a few arguments that Sir Lucario mentioned, my favourite being saying that "You can't compare race to a lifestyle", and Stewart's response is that choosing a religion is one helluva lot more of a lifestyle choice than being gay is, but the law protects religious people all the time.

Also; "I would suggest that a loving gay family with a financially secure background beats the hell out of Britney Spears and Kevin Federline any day."

This (Jon Stewart talking to Gov. Mike Huckabee about gay marriage on The Daily Show) is the best thing I've seen in a long while.

Huckabee's whole argument rested on the "traditional marriage" thing, Jon should've asked why he didn't support civil unions for samesex couples.

JudasxJesus.

It's in the Bible.
judaskissbylaethermadde3.jpg

But my favourite's still:
jesusdevilql6.jpg

Im technically Christian, although I do question certain parts of it.
Also, I dont force my beliefs on anyone. It's not my place, nor anyones to force religious shit down your throat. Also, people of other religions and stuff are cool with me. :D

Also, Scientology is nothing more than a large scam for more money.

To me, religion seems to be like a force of nature; not good or evil - it's sort of neutral really, although it has qualities of both. It can be both highly destructive and also a healing force.

When used properly, it can be a force for good. When handled badly however, it only causes suffering and strife. Sadly, all too often it is handled badly, and thus there is a huge mess in the world now, which people blame on religion. This is only partly the fault of religion itself - the people steering it have a lot to answer for as well.

To me, religion seems to be like a force of nature; not good or evil - it's sort of neutral really, although it has qualities of both. It can be both highly destructive and also a healing force.
religion doesn't heal a goddamn thing. people do.

When used properly, it can be a force for good.
only in the sense that you can brainwash, coerce, and trick people into feeling better about themselves etc

I question whether that is really good

When used properly, it can be a force for good. When handled badly however, it only causes suffering and strife. Sadly, all too often it is handled badly, and thus there is a huge mess in the world now, which people blame on religion. This is only partly the fault of religion itself - the people steering it have a lot to answer for as well.

I love how you always talk down about people who wield religion badly when you frequently use it as a reason for homophobia.

Back
Top Bottom