• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Religion

Aggreed. Pokemon is (probroly) banned from my school because of it.*shot*
Things like that get me too. The contradictions between things like magic and God. If God can create a universe from nothing, then surely that is magic too? I see no defining line between miracle and magic.
Whatever though, magic doesn't exist, neither do miracles. There are the...odd few who believe in both, but hey.

*Pops into conversation*

Okay, I'm coming in late, and haven't read the whole thread besides the last few posts.

Honestly, I think religion was only introduced because it had answers to things people didn't know. And heck, that might as well define science as a religion. Why? Because for all we know, a thousand years from now, the thing will be "magic" instead of science, and people will be debating if science is real or if magic is.

Hey, it could happen.

And another thing I've noticed (although, I'm not sure if it was said earlier on in this thread):

Many people thing that God is supernatural.

What is God isn't even conscious?

What if the God that Atheists say doesn't exist is really what their scientific laws are? For all we know, God is Nature, and therefor doesn't have any thought like people think.

(Oh, by the way, I guess I don't believe in anything, not even science (although, it comes in hand for explaining things like religion does))

The Bible explicity shows that God has a nature and thought. The Bible may not even be correct, but it is considered to be fact by many people. If it's in the Bible, it's true.
God, if he exists, is a concious being.

Okay, I'm coming in late, and haven't read the whole thread besides the last few posts.
>:T

(Oh, by the way, I guess I don't believe in anything, not even science (although, it comes in hand for explaining things like religion does))
Religion doesnt explain anything, the best it does is guess wildly and stick to whatever they guessed and fight off criticism. Science actually seeks answers and admits to being wrong or making mistakes.
This is why science is better than religion.

What if the God that Atheists say doesn't exist is really what their scientific laws are? For all we know, God is Nature, and therefor doesn't have any thought like people think.

hi there deism nice to see you making an appearance

Possibly the most debated (and deathly) topic ever, what do YOU think of it? Is it holding back humanity? Is it the path to enlightenment? Is it "God's" will? Is it a bucket of bull? Discuss. (No killing allowed!)

Umm. Us Buddhists don't have a God. We don't do anything intentionally to harm anything.

Meanwhile Christians are being racist and sexist. :|

I think there's a religion debate everywhere on the internets.

But I'm gonna agree with VPLJ on this one. Science, quite frankly, does a better job at trying to prove things rather than just believing without solid proof like religion (in general, I guess) does.

Also I always thought pokemon and crap was banned from school because it was a distraction to the learning process...? Because iirc kids would just do pokemon-related shit and not pay attention to anything.

Also I always thought pokemon and crap was banned from school because it was a distraction to the learning process...? Because iirc kids would just do pokemon-related shit and not pay attention to anything.

Playing cards were banned in our school because of religion.

FUCKING PLAYING CARDS

They were banned because they were a distraction. At least, in public schools, they were.

Dunno about private church-run schools. >>

I went to a RC primary school and cards were only banned because other kids were beating each other up for them and stealing off each other (myself included, because I was a bad kid).

Then again, we all read Harry Potter in class 5, so I guess it was relatively liberal. Eh.

I used to go to this church that had a Harry Potter day once, and my parents got all up in arms about it. That was an awesome church. I missed it. ._.

Meanwhile Christians are being racist and sexist. :|

That's no better than randomly posting "THOSE GODDAMNED MORMONS ARE RUINING SOCIETY D:<"
It's putting a stereotype on a HUGE group of people (even there are relatively few Mormons, I just like bringing them up). You can't really do that, as not all Christians are racist and/or sexist.

Playing cards were banned in our school because of religion.

THOSE FUCKING MORMONS ARE AT IT AGAIN WHY CANT I PLAY CARDS INSTEAD OF DOING MY SCHOOLWORK I MEAN SRSLY WTH

Back
Top Bottom