• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Retro Choice Pokémafia [Game Thread]

Re: Retro Choice Pokémafia [Game Thread]

Superficially, getting physical sounds like ZM's Rhydon, VM's sad cow, or even MD's snake; moreover, I know a thing or two about obscurantizing flavor, and in the theme of Gen I JackPK can strap some absolutely ridiculous moves on whoever he wants should the random role assignation call for it (Mega Punch and Sky Attack alone could justify expanding the suspect list to everyone but Keldeo and Altissimo).

The sparkle in the sky seems more interesting, but I highly doubt we'll figure out exactly what it is just by talking. (Dreaming God effect does seem fairly likely, though. No telling just what it's going to do, though.)

MF refuses to answer my question. We all know what this means...

MD9hHFN.gif

(for the record he left)
Now, see, that's some real suspicious behavior right there. We can look at puzzling anagrams all day long, but nothing jumps out quite like being a guy from a Pokémon forum and actually going outside. He must be heading off to meet with his fellow mafiosi, there can be no other explanation.

I'm not even going to waste my breath answering to this scum's silly attempts at shifting the blame onto me. He's so mafia I'm just about to retroactively transform into a cop with a guilty on him.

(sarcasm note: I am not actually claiming cop with results.)

Well then, if you're so innocent, how do you explain this security footage that captures the exact moment you murdered poor Zapi?

aJGnRyP.png

Well then, if you're so innocent, how do you explain this security footage that captures the exact moment you murdered poor Zapi?

aJGnRyP.png
I do have to admit that this spells out loss for me.

*twiddles thumbs under pretense of joining conversation*

My god, I've completely derailed the game. This is like Ultraton all over again!

so do we do nothing again tonight or what?

i think someone should definitely come out as inspector. That would be very useful to the town, and the mafia would not be able to capitalize on it due to doctor(s) that definitely still exist.

Superbird said:
i think someone should definitely come out as inspector. That would be very useful to the town, and the mafia would not be able to capitalize on it due to doctor(s) that definitely still exist.

I think this is a good idea for the sake of not doing nothing again, but there is the possibility of healer clash if we have multiple of those. I'm not sure how you're getting that doctors still definitely exist, though? Given that we know nothing about Zapi's role, and if Butterfree was lying for some reason about ILS's role then we know nothing about that (not that I have any reason to believe Butterfree's lying, but we should still consider the possibility) and Jack hasn't said there would be multiple doctors. There's also the possibility that a mafia member would fakeclaim inspector, though that's obviously unlikely, or that the real inspector doesn't have any useful results so far, or that mafia will target someone other than the inspector to get a near-guaranteed kill, I guess. We still have around 24 hours left in the day though, unless I'm really bad at math, so even though I don't have much to contribute, I think more discussion on this topic would be helpful.

If you reaaaallllly want me to claim...

Q8uqnEZ.gif

Also, unrelatedly - VM, were you actually claiming vig here or did you just post it since it fit with the anagrams? (sorry, I'm bad at identifying sarcasm)

Also, unrelatedly - VM, were you actually claiming vig here or did you just post it since it fit with the anagrams? (sorry, I'm bad at identifying sarcasm)
I am actually a vigilante, though I wouldn't have claimed so early if it weren't for me discovering that anagram.

I think this is a good idea for the sake of not doing nothing again, but there is the possibility of healer clash if we have multiple of those. I'm not sure how you're getting that doctors still definitely exist, though? Given that we know nothing about Zapi's role, and if Butterfree was lying for some reason about ILS's role then we know nothing about that (not that I have any reason to believe Butterfree's lying, but we should still consider the possibility) and Jack hasn't said there would be multiple doctors. There's also the possibility that a mafia member would fakeclaim inspector, though that's obviously unlikely, or that the real inspector doesn't have any useful results so far, or that mafia will target someone other than the inspector to get a near-guaranteed kill, I guess. We still have around 24 hours left in the day though, unless I'm really bad at math, so even though I don't have much to contribute, I think more discussion on this topic would be helpful.
If we're discussing the setup, it's always good to harken back to what JackPK has explicitly mentioned of it:

The first seven players will include two scum, an inspector, a doctor, and three other innocent roles that are fairly typical for TCoD play.

If we have enough people sign up, I'll add up to four less typical roles, including another scum and three innocents. These roles will include the "dreaming god" from Kanto Role Choice Mafia and a freemason recruiter, since those are two of my favorite roles.
What we have here is:
  • Three scum, not much word on whether they're packing any powers (or even if the third scum isn't third-party scum rather than an additional mafia). The lack of further elaboration implies vanilla mafiosi, but it's definitely not a stated fact.
  • A cop and a doc.
  • Three other "fairly typical" innocent roles. VM presumably accounts for one of those, if his claim is legitimate (pretending it was for a gag sounds like a lovely way to establish a fakeclaim, though, so that's an if.)
  • A freemason recruiter (By all indications, that was ILS) and a Dreaming God
  • Two other "less typical" roles.

All told, we most likely don't have multiple docs, considering that Jack singled that role out and mentioned that the unspecified roles are other roles. This doesn't preclude other protective roles, however, and nothing is stopping Jack from ruling that docs and, say, bodyguards can clash.

By design or by lack of foresight, he could also easily not have specified in the role PMs whether clashing is possible. So... anyone packing a protective role should fire Jack a line about whether you can clash. Although he's not obligated to answer that, specially not if his answer would lead to indirect setup reveals.

(Also, while I'm posting, I have to say I don't really like Superbird's plan, but I'll elaborate maybe when it's not 2 AM on a day when I need to get up at 6. I'm also token abstaining in case nobody else will cast a vote in time, but please don't bandwagon after me -- leave it at that, and if a good lynch comes along, throwing two people at it should be trivial.)

Back
Top Bottom