• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Retro Choice Pokémafia [Game Thread]

Re: Retro Choice Pokémafia [Game Thread]

I'm just going to state something briefly, and that's that we shouldn't be so eager to lynch an innocent just for information. Remember, there are six players left, two of whom are mafia. That doesn't sound so bad at first, but now there is the possibility that Music Dragon is a Lover that has sided with the mafia. That effectively would make three out of the remaining six players anti-town, and if you removed one from the mix... well... you can see the problem there.

I have some more thoughts on this, but I need to go have dinner first.

Confirming that yeah, MD and I are lovers. I'm sorry for not saying too much - that's actually simply because everyone else was being really entertaining and I didn't think I had anything to say that could live up to that. (Really, though, my mafia participation is usually kind of erratic.)

I'm honestly not sure whether I believe Superbird or MF at this point; since we know I'm innocent, it's clear one of the two is mafia. I'm inclined to think lynching Metallica Fanboy is probably the better strategic choice, though, for the reasons outlined by Music Dragon.

Let's look at the possible scenarios here:

Given that JackPK already mentioned there would be a dreamer in this game, I feel like that would be a very difficult role to fakeclaim. I'm inclined to believe MF is innocent. Given this, the options are:

A) Butterfree is mafia, Music Dragon is Lovers with Butterfree, and Zero Moment is mafia

B) Superbird is mafia, Zero Moment is mafia, and Butterfree and Music Dragon are innocent Lovers

C) Superbird is mafia, Butterfree is mafia, and Music Dragon is Lovers with Butterfree

D) Superbird is mafia, Music Dragon is mafia, and Butterfree is the Lover (this is functionally identical to C and I see no reason for them to lie about this one)

Butterfree and Music Dragon being the only mafia would create a bit of a paradox, since that would mean Superbird was innocent... and Superbird being innocent means Music Dragon is also innocent. This couldn't happen unless Superbird was lying about his role and was Lovers with the mafia, but this is so convoluted that I'm going to ignore it. Besides, it's also functionally identical to C.

If MF is one of the mafia, however, then that's a fresh batch of scenarios:

E) MF is mafia, and so is Superbird

F) MF is mafia, and so is Zero Moment

G) MF is mafia, and so is Butterfree. Music Dragon is lovers with either.

H) MF is mafia, and so is Music Dragon (this one also creates a paradox because Superbird would have cleared MD)

I) MF is mafia, and so am I (this one isn't possible either, because JackPK said so. He sent me a super secret message called a "Role PM" and in that message, it said I wasn't mafia :o Shocking.)

I have a hunch it's A, but no one really cares about what my hunch is, do they?

... Hmmm. Not much more to do about this predicament, it seems. Well played, Town. It's been one of hell of a game -- fun enough to be worth losing, all in all. If we're just going down, though, I might as well take the scenic route.

So, feast yourselves on another one of those anagrams: if you rearrange the letters on "soft, terrible roast chicken arse", you can get "ee, terrorist checks in for a blast". ... That sucked, I know. Look, my point is, I'm about to explode Superbird just for the hell of it.

Well, I was just in the middle of typing a big post analyzing the repercussions of Superbird's and MF's claims, but uh. Guess that's a bit moot now.
Desk%2BThrow%2BPaper.gif

Sorry for the delay in processing that.

Metallica Fanboy is dead.
He was scum.

Superbird is dead.
He was innocent.

~12ish or so hours left in the day phase.

Dammit, I forgot to include the little icons and I can't edit in the mafia subforum. I was going for a stylistic thing with those.

Here, pretend this was the post instead:

19VDSpP.png

Metallica Fanboy is dead.
He was scum.

FnbXMN9.png

Superbird is dead.
He was innocent.

~12ish hours left in the day phase.

Oh, I thought the phase would just end. Guess we have more time.

Hey Butterfree, think you could come clean about what that additional power is that you and Music Dragon share? I'm leaning towards Zero Moment being the last mafia but before I can really trust you two I need to hear all the details.

Oh, I thought the phase would just end. Guess we have more time.

Hey Butterfree, think you could come clean about what that additional power is that you and Music Dragon share? I'm leaning towards Zero Moment being the last mafia but before I can really trust you two I need to hear all the details.
Shut your fuck! You can shove all the details up your mafia-infused butthole, Illuminatus! I vote to lynch Vipera Magnifica! It's time to end your shitposting once and for all! Hoohoohoo!

If you're going to lynch me, at least give me a valid reason. If it's because MF "cleared" me as innocent, that's meaningless, because keep in mind terrorists and mafia don't actually know each other. Ergo, MF picked someone at random, and that happened to be me.

Now, I've noticed that Butterfree has been rather quiet this game. Of course, if she were mafia, that would only be to her advantage, since apparently claiming any kind of role makes you the target of everyone's suspicion. When I posted my last message, asking her to give more details about her role, I checked the players list, and she viewed the thread without posting. Why though? Was it because I had already voiced the opinion that I was leaning towards lynching Zero Moment? I suppose if I were mafia I would just keep my mouth shut in that situation.

I'm voting for Butterfree now to even out the vote. With my vigilante powers, I can end the mafia's reign of terror, even if they try to kill me. Zero Moment, maybe you can redeem yourself from being a member of the Illuminati if you join forces with me to seal away the true final boss of this game.

VM you better make a video recapping this mafia game. if you don't i'll disown you

I viewed the thread without posting because I went into the lovers quicktopic instead to discuss the situation with MD, as is reasonable to do when you're lovers. I don't actually trust you, like, at all; I think you're considerably more likely to be the remaining mafia than Zero Moment.

But I just mulled it over and I have a plan. Assuming JackPK resolves ties by letting the last dead player vote, it's pretty much a foolproof town victory, and even if not, I think it gives us better odds than anything else, regardless of who turns out to be mafia. Ready?

I'm the lover and Music Dragon is a doctor.

Let's abstain today. Then, tonight, Zero Moment protects Music Dragon, who heals me, while Vipera Magnifica tries to kill me. Obviously, one of us is actually mafia, so it won't actually play out that way.

Suppose VM is mafia; then the only person he can kill tonight is Zero Moment, and MD and I can easily lynch him tomorrow with a majority vote.

Suppose Zero Moment is mafia; then he will presumably target Music Dragon, we will die, the vote will be tied between VM and ZM tomorrow, and (assuming JackPK does the tiebreaking thing) one of us tiebreaks, knowing for sure that it must be Zero Moment who is the mafia member (VM couldn't have killed us, since then Zero Moment is a bodyguard and both of us are protected).

Finally, suppose we are actually a lover/mafia pair and have been lying all along. Then MD is not actually a doctor who can heal me, and ZM is protecting MD, so I'm vulnerable, VM's attack on me will kill us, and the town will win.

The only way this could go wrong is if 1) Zero Moment is mafia, JackPK breaks ties at random, and we get unlucky on that 50-50 chance, or, hypothetically, 2) the setup has a mafia doctor or mafia roleblocker and that's what MD is (he isn't). But if you're entertaining that thought, I must point out that the original seven roles were all extremely standard and we now know the third scum was a terrorist; unusual mafia roles among those first seven seem pretty unlikely.

Good plan, Butterfree. Let's do it, let's abstain.

If Zero Moment is mafia, I'll kill him tonight and the town will win.

If I'm mafia, MD heals Butterfree and Zero Moment protects MD so the only person I can kill is Zero Moment. The town then votes me off and wins the next day.

If Butterfree and MD are a Lover/Mafia pair... well I'm not even going to be too salty about that because a Lover win is a rare and beautiful thing.

Are you sure you don't want to go with my plan where you target me? I'm a bit concerned that you could be mafia, will actually target nobody so that there's no kill tonight, and will then try to spin that outcome somehow tomorrow.

In my plan, in the event that there's no kill tonight, I was going to suggest tomorrow that we abstain and then VM targets ZM (while ZM, if innocent, targets MD again). That way either VM successfully kills ZM and we win, or any other outcome means VM must be mafia and we lynch him. That only works if you're sufficiently satisfied we're innocent, or at least that you don't want to kill us (which in my plan would hopefully be accomplished by then since no kill tonight will prove that MD really is a doctor), but if you already are, that's fine and we can skip to that part, so long as we're all clear that if ZM doesn't die tonight, then we should definitely lynch VM tomorrow. If you have any doubts about this, then by all means let's go with my original plan.

To remain on the cautious side, I'm going to assume you're going with my original plan (of targeting me) unless you post again confirming that you're going to go with Zero Moment. If you do confirm you're targeting ZM, then if there's no kill tonight, we're definitely lynching VM tomorrow, and going "actually I changed my mind and targeted Butterfree" or whatever will not help you - please actually do target ZM if you manage to post that confirmation. Otherwise, if there's no kill we do this again tomorrow, abstaining and then having VM actually target ZM.

(If you don't confirm anything, we'll assume you're targeting me, but if you want to end this quickly you can still target Zero Moment; the point of assuming you're targeting me is just that then if there's no kill we can't yet conclude you're mafia.)

And of course, Zero Moment, if innocent, should still protect MD.

Back
Top Bottom