• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rift in the Dimensions: Signups/OOC!

I've double posted, eternal shame is now mine. Just so you guys can get and idea of Logoth's wordl I wrote a story about how he got promoted to captain. Here it is

Terisan Pass

By Nimler

Note: This is a back story for Logoth in Rift in the Dimensions.

Before Logoth met the group he was promoted to captain. This is the story of why.

The breaths of Barbarians and howling of the wind drowns out all noise. The orcs in the pass have a clear shot at the capitol city of Halin. If the army from the south can delay the army for a few days until reinforcements can arrive from Turmall then the Barbarians will be victorious.

Logoth glanced around his battered platoon. It has been six days since the Orcs entered the pass. The Forces here numbered only 1500. The enemy may number nearly 5000. In a desperate attempt to stall the invaders Colonel Lihemden gave his best Sergeant (Logoth) command of 5th platoon. This platoon is like the elite. Their kill death ratio is 522.73 per man. They are better trained, better equipped, and recognized veterans. Logoth had to hit the enemy from behind so he had a scout check the paths just beyond the main pass.

A shear ice wall almost 300 feet high blockades a direct shot at the Orcs Right flank.

“Gear up! Ice axes and boot spikes! No helmets bring the kifing hats!”

Logoth shouted to his assembled troops. (Kifing hat is a full head cover that looks like an aviators hat. It is used for warmth and to keep snow out of the wearer’s eyes)

Logoth breathed through the thick fur of the strange hat. The howling blizzard will complicate the climb. He shivered in the intense cold. In reality the blizzard was about 60 below F. He pulled the ice axes of his belt and turned to the thick wall.
“Quietly now boys.”

The 34 Barbarians scaled the wall with silent intentions. Most had learned as children and the climb went smoothly. At the top of the wall a slope went down into the Orcish camp. He knelt to the ground his brown battle gear barely visible from 10 feet. He unstrapped his boot spikes while waiting for the remainder of his troops.

Logoth made sure the cold hadn’t frozen his sword it’s sheath. He also readied his Ice axes as they were excellent weapons. The rest of the men were now on the slope. They all followed Logoth’s example.
“Search and destroy before we engage.” He whispered told his men with some difficulty.

The platoon silently moved into the camp, any noise they made was drowned out by the wind.

Logoth snuck around the camp, another barbarian on his heels. An orcish officer stood with his back to Logoth and his partner. Silently Logoth rushed him! Cupping his mouth with his hand Logoth thrust an axe deep into the Orc’s stomach. He gently lay it on the ground not raising any suspicion. The pair moved on, unaware of the Orc reaching for the small bone signal horn around it’s waist. Logoth was only about fifty feet away when a loud deep note echoed through the air.

The blizzard suddenly dissipated. The day was crisp and clear. Orc shaman stood all over the camp ground. The storm was a cover! The 34 soldiers stood in shock.

“Square! Form a defensive square!” Logoth bellowed.

We’re in for it now. He privately thought.

The men reacted immediately to the command. Orcs from every single tent came armed to the teeth. Logoth struck out with his axes, The first Orc that came into contact with his weapons slumped to the ground, holes dotted it’s back and belly. Logoth crushed another Orc’s head into the thick metal of his axe. He let fly the axes killing 2 more opponents.

Drawing his massive sword Logoth shouted

”For the KKKKingggg!!!!!!!”

He cut down Orc after Orc. The men did the same. Bodies of enemies lay strewn throughout a small area f the camp. Most piled onto of one another. Very few of the5th’s men had died or been wounded. Logoth knew that eventually they would tire and be taken. A shout echoed through the air,
“Long live the 5th!!!!!!!!!!!!” Logoth looked up from his latest opponent. Barbarian Calvary and by the looks of it lots of them. The men cheered at the reinforcements. Logoth did too. The heavy horse ran down the Orcs slaughtering them as cows to the butchers.

The Orcs were driven from the pass. Logoth was awarded the rank of captain for killing over 600 enemy. 7 men were killed and 3 were wounded. Over 2050 Orcs were killed more than 600 from Logoth’s little platoon. This is what he is famous for on his own world.

Geez...Okay, here's the scoop. I'd love to revive this, but I really don't feel comfortable working with worlds and characters I don't know about, and whenever I try I just get terrible writer's block and lose all motivation, because I feel completely lost. I don't know the nuances of the worlds, just the bare basics.. But then again, I feel that ruins the whole point of the RP because my scope of games isn't broad enough, and I had you guys choose worlds and everything and some of you would probably get bored with my choices.

Gah, any ideas? Would you guys be okay with the idea of just going to worlds I can write a decent plot about? Or suck it up and try to do things I'm not familiar with?

Last edited:
That may be necessary if we want the RP to survive in a workable state. Would some of you be up to pretty much running certain segments of the RP?

I would be for Victoria Island, (Maple Story) and since you said we'd go there next, sure~

Um... I couldn't, since I'm not familiar with any of the places we're going to. Otherwise, I would. I'M SO SORRY MALE GARDEVOIR MADE ME DO IT WILL YOU EVER FORGIVE ME SKYMIN

I could run the Metroid and Transformers segments if they occur as my characters are from those universes.

Lesee here. Out of what is on the list...I'd only be able to run a minority of them. ._. But hey, more novelty, right? I promise that I'll be able to take over when I can and not strain you guys too much. Thanks, you guys are great. :3

So I suppose we can pick this back up with link008 comes back, eh? Hooray RitD is alive again! :D

Did you get anywhere on a plot? I have some ideas, but I'd like to see if you made any headway in trying to understand the maddening Warcraft universe.

Not really. I think that's a lot of why I got so choked up. There's so many little nuances and stuff in that world, and it's a lot to wrap one's mind around just from having read the wiki. I also don't have a computer that can run it, nor can I really afford it. :/

World of Warcraft is far from the end all be all of the Warcraftverse... You are forgiven, though. =P Bothers me when folks think World of Warcraft is the only game in the series. =/ I myself have logged relatively little time in WoW.

OK, I'm thinking it all over. The only real tangible godlike beings are the Dragon Aspects, though, so we (might) be fighting super-strong dragons. Again. xP

Whoop-dee-friggin'-doo, more dragons. As if those two weren't enough, now there's real, firebreathing dragons that will burn Sly alive. Smell like cinnamon.

Oh no. That'd be too obvious. I'm trying to decide between Nozdormu, the Timeless One (actually uses temporal manipulation when fighting, unlike comparatively pansy Dialga. =P) and Malygos, the Spellweaver.

But that's not even really finalized yet. The revival will come on Tuesday at the latest.

Hey it was my first boss battle ever, a'ight? Cut me some slack. >_>

:P (Not seriously bitching, BTW, just probably would have made the battle more epic had I not been trying to figure out how to pace the damn thing. This is a highly ambitious project of a first RP after all. >_>)

Hmm... Storm Earth and Fire wants me to come back into this RPG, even though I backed out long ago. I guess the character I designed could possibly be found in Azeroth, since it's a Warcraft 3 character.

XD Maybe I could be the boss! I'm a dragon (kinda), and if you actually read my character sheet through, it might make some sense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom