• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rift in the Dimensions: Signups/OOC!

DOUBLE POST FOR EMPHASIS YEAH!

So...it seems that we've had a lot of people stop posting, and it's slowing things down a great deal. We need new members...but how do we attract them? I'm thinking about the issue, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

I don't think allowing more characters per person would really help matters much, as our problem is a lack of active posters, not a lack of characters. Still, I may bump the allotted character limit to three.

People who have stopped posting: If you're no longer interested in this RP, please post so. If you've simply forgotten but are still overall interested, please come back!

Storm, like I offered before, I'm willing to ghostwrite the plot for you as needed. Most of the reason I didn't feel comfortable running worlds I'm not familiar with before is because I didn't know the nuances. If you tell me ahead of time what you want to do, I could write it in your absence. :D

Actually, I'm thinking I could wrap up this arc quickly compared to the last one. I appreciate your kindness, but the main problem is just lack of motivation to come up with what we're doing next, so it'd be pretty tough for you, Skymin, as I don't have that plotted out. Mostly calling for more people because that gives me much more incentive to get really active.

Kali will be returning to roleplay a boss for us, his character's fate from there is up to him.

Now to just think of how to fill the space between here and the end. =D

Nyeh. What I meant in the main thread was that I wanted a different character(s?) but didn't want to get rid of the ones I had right now, so.

Umm.. get someone to make a banner and force all members to put it in their sig and link to RiTD! :o

Umm.. get someone to make a banner and force all members to put it in their sig and link to RiTD! :o
I already have a link in my sig and have had one the whole time, and I'm not putting more than one banner in my ultra-compact sig, I don't care what it's for. D<

That banner would have to be crazy epic.

That said, I'm following Shining Eevee's train of thought, my personality is more important than Rift. *nod*

And Skymin, how about you prioritize posting in the RP so I can keep the group moving. So we can get back to a point where more characters can join. Thusly, more members can join. Thusly... we can be happy. Just save the crying for the formerly active members for when we can take a breather. =P

Why do you still have a link to your Halo RP in your sig anyway?

Do you ever intend on starting it? Because that'd be really cool.

A heads up: I will be gone next Tuesday and Wednesday (having my wisdom teeth removed in the name of science. and $350), and then I'll be on vacation from the 4th to the 11th, but I might be able to get on. And then I'll be gone the 13th through the 15th or so, but I may also be able to get on then as well.

Shaky, yes, but this arc won't be terribly long.

I thought I would post this conversation I had with Exo-Raikou, as it's relevant to RitD.

Shining Eevee: [...] Eh... I wouldn't say Rift in the Dimensions is going that strong. More, it gets short and small bursts every now and then, but that's it. And considering the long list of worlds to visit (Skymin really needs to do something about that. Would any of the current members really know how to do the Naruto world, for instance?), I don't know if it can survive. Even if changes are made, I really can't be sure.

Exo-Raikou: Agreed on the whole long list thing. Spire might be explainable, somehow, but one look at either form of Bonecruher and Ravage and there would be some sort of unretconnable panic.

Skymin should also do something about the lack of posts by the members.

Shining Eevee: We were discussing the lack of members posting in the OoC thread, but we haven't come up with anything. Clearly, we have to resort to handing out pizza everytime someone posts.

I'm thinking we should just do all, or at least most of, the worlds the current characters belong to. Then we can have a mass removal (but not banning) of members who haven't posted in a certain amount of time to prevent confusion.

Exo-Raikou: Agreed on the worlds characters belong to (Transformers arc for the win!) But to be honest, i can't see any real way to motivate the non-posters. Sure, we could "pause" their character, but they might never come back, forcing us to keep their character on an infinite pause.

Shining Eevee: Well, their characters are already on pause as is. If we remove the members but still allow them to re-join, we won't have to deal with their characters kind of being there and kind of not anymore. And if we didn't do the worlds characters belong to in combination with that, we'd be in a similar situation to what we're in now.

Also - Kirby arc (Probably something to the effect of Milky Way Wishes) ftw~

The conversation rather trailed off after that, but this is the relevant part. Thoughts?

Okay, sorry sorry, I know I'm really falling off the ball here...

Removing worlds that no one knows anything about and adding worlds that are relevant to the characters is really something I should do. In fact, I'm off to do that right now. It'll make me feel a lot better anyway.

EDIT: World list has been cleaned up. Added Transformers universe and kept Mega Man (Because I actually have ideas for it)

As for the non-posters...I can't exactly make them post if they don't want to. I could send out PMs or something, but I don't really feel comfortable with badgering people to come back. Maybe I could just ask them if they want to come back...

Wow I suck at running an RP. D:

1:can we still jion
2:are non existant pokemon allowed
3:shoudlnt the transformer universe be called transfromer-universe or cybertron?

Well, I wasn't saying you should "badger" them over it. Please please pleaaase can I do it for you But if you're going to use my idea of getting rid of characters who haven't posted in a certain amount of time, you should probably give them some sort of warning just before you do it. Give them some time to respond and then act accordingly. That way you can get rid of some members and possibly re-motivate some others while still being fair about it.

Good idea. I'll get on that.

EDIT: Done. Now we wait.

1:can we still jion
2:are non existant pokemon allowed
3:shoudlnt the transformer universe be called transfromer-universe or cybertron?

1. Yes. PLEASE PLEASE WE NEED MOAR PEOPLE
2. Yes, fake pokemon are allowed, so long as they belong to the Pokemon universe.
3. Well, I'm not sure if we'll actually be on Cybertron at all. There's lots of places in the Transformers world we could go to, and Cybertron is just one planet in that universe.

Last edited:
Good idea. I'll get on that.

EDIT: Done. Now we wait.

1. Yes. PLEASE PLEASE WE NEED MOAR PEOPLE
2. Yes, fake pokemon are allowed, so long as they belong to the Pokemon universe.
3. Well, I'm not sure if we'll actually be on Cybertron at all. There's lots of places in the Transformers world we could go to, and Cybertron is just one planet in that universe.

If you would allow me to Co-DM the Transformers Arc, i could probably make a plot on Earth involving the movie continuity, as that's the only part of transformers that I've seen.

Or it could start at earth and then go to cybertron, or vice/versa.

You don't know what you're missing! D=

Or maybe that's just my disdain for thin action movies speaking. But the cartoons are pretty cool.

I'm sure the classic G1 cartoon was good, even if they killed off Optimus to promote new figures, as well as this interesting tidbit I found on Teletraan 1, a major Transformers info database:

The G1 executive script consultant, Flint Dille, has claimed in personal interviews that Chris Latta frequently had to be bailed out of jail by members of the production staff. This apparently caused so much annoyance that it was a major factor in phasing Starscream out of the series.

But it would be good nonetheless. Probably. But I do think that both Live-Action movies are good, despite who directed them. If you come to see great special effects and an awesome musical score, then you wouldn't be disappointed. I know I wasn't. That's what led me to make Bonecrusher and Ravage as characters for this RP.

But I do think that both Live-Action movies are good, despite who directed them. If you come to see great special effects and an awesome musical score, then you wouldn't be disappointed. I know I wasn't.

That's the only reason one goes to see Michael Bay movies, and I myself do enjoy a good 'turn off brain, take in explosions' movie.

Except Pearl Harbor, I don't know what the hell Bay was thinking there.

That's the only reason one goes to see Michael Bay movies, and I myself do enjoy a good 'turn off brain, take in explosions' movie.

Except Pearl Harbor, I don't know what the hell Bay was thinking there.

The only Bay movies I've seen are the Transformers movies. I did see a clip of pearl Harbor a couple years ago. It didn't seem that bad, but I suppose if you see the whole thing, it's worse.

I'd prefer it if you didn't correct/refute me on that last comment.

Back
Top Bottom