• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rift in the Dimensions: Signups/OOC!

Aw, don't get all riled up over it. Again, nothing wrong with them, I suppose you could say I just 'outgrew' those movies... That's actually pretty hard to say without using loaded words. =/

Aw, don't get all riled up over it. Again, nothing wrong with them, I suppose you could say I just 'outgrew' those movies... That's actually pretty hard to say without using loaded words. =/

"Outgrew" is a very good word choice. Anyways, you don't have to answer this, but is the "pit lord" going to be your planned boss?

Nah, like I said before, I'm going to get Kali to revive his character as the boss here. Or try, I dunno, he said he'd do it before.

Originally, there would have been a miniboss at the end of the segment we're at, but seeing as how I'm (probably) going to have limited access, it'll most likely end up getting cut short.

Oh, and Nimler and I are now tossing the idea of a Halo arc around... I doubt Skymin will let us have third characters, but I don't mind dropping one of my two characters.

Pretty please...? I need an excuse to use my Light of Winter character, sure, but I myself rather like Halo...

I'm lucky I picked one just in case. But Halo is great. Skymin I add him whenever it is convienent.

Uh, I have a request. Could you get rid of Chikorita and Torchic? I don't intend on giving them a proper send-off, but I'm not doing anything with them and I'm really sick of playing them. That, and I have another character IT ISN'T WHO YOU THINK IT IS BLAAARGH I'm thinking about playing.

Oh, and I was discussing the possibility of a Kirby arc with Exo-Raikou. I already have a good idea of how it would play out, so... pweash? If not, I could try doing an arc of the series my possible new character belongs to, but eh. I'd feel like I was hi-jacking your RP if I were to do two arcs.

Would anybody be interested In a Norrath arc? I think I know how it would work, but It would be tricky.

Sure, you can change characters, Shining Eevee. And yeah, a Kirby arc would probably be a good idea. About your second arc and Nimler's idea...well, we'll see how things play out before we add them.

Switching Bara out for:

Name: Kuro Akumu
Species: Human
Series: Pokémon (Forgiven flavor. Again.)
Appearance: Chin-length black hair, with a red highlight on the left side. She has dark brown eyes and scars here and there. She wears a black baggy tee (men's style) and and baggy green cargo pants with loads and loads of pockets where she keeps backup plan C (Knives) and backup plan D (Her Umbreon and her Absol). Once again, men's style. She's as tall as Sand is (i.e. as tall as a man) and very lanky. You can mistake her very easy for a man.
Bio: I am still not going to type a summary of Forgiven. Or the sequel that I all ready have planned (I have way to much time on my hands. Although that would explain why she's alive and kicking.).
Personality: Kuro suffers from emotional problems. Traslation: She's stoic. Emotionless. Completely apathetic. Not that she isn't a good person, she is. It's just that that's what happens when a Well Intentioned Extremist is your mother. Because of her stoicness, she may come across as sarcastic ans mean when she isn't. For example, she might find your joke funny and laugh, but it'll come out "Haha.". She has a very deep voice. The only thing she'll react to is her mother and mistaking her gender. The former she is sad about and the latter will get you killed (comically, of course). Everyone goes though it, though, and normally she stops herself before they do kick the bucket. She's a good fighter in the day, but get her in the night and she's unstoppable. At night she's got super-strength and can summon black energy that acts much like the vacuum of Space. This is due to being the embodiment of the Moon. She can also see bad things in the future in her sleep, but 99% they're irrelevant and on the off chance they are, she cannot tell the person or it cannot be avoided. No one knows where it came from, but it may be from her mother. She's never seen without a cigarette and when she gets drunk (yeah, she's that kind of person) erm... she acts very strangely. Unlike Sand who sends out his Pokémon first and attacks second, first she'll try to attack physically, then with her powers, then with knives, and then with her Pokémon. She does that because she doesn't want them killed. That, and she doesn't have a Trainer's License. It's hard to get a government paper (Or be arrested) when one should be dead. She's a surprisingly good thief. She's also asexual and does not like to be hit on (not that most people do, It's just that the one time it happened it was annoying and left a bad taste in her mouth). If ever forced to wear a skirt or dress, she feels like she's crossdressing.
Other:Do to her broke-ness, parentless-ness, eighteen-ness, and should-be-dead-ness she kinda has to travel around and mooch off of Sand, as does Nozomi (who I am not using). She can cook though. Sue-test says she's okay.

No changes to Sand other then age (now 18) and reason of being here.

As for Bara and younger!Sand, Bara was too unconformable so they went home. As for older!Sand and Kuro, I'll explain that in the RP.

I'll switch characters too, since YW magic is screwed up. Uh, I guess I'll trade Valkyrie out when we leave Azeroth, then, and just post with Vai for now.

And Shining Eevee please brick me before I do it

Name:
Species:
Series:
Appearance:
Bio: (Optional)
Personality: (May be PO'd)
Other:

So I'll write this form up later, when inspiration bricks hits me.

Okay, it's official. We have to do the Digimon arc. *bricks Dragon affectionately*

I'll post the form for my new character once we finish up at Azeroth and return to the Endless Plains.

Btw, for the Kirby arc, "Dreamland" isn't actually where we're going. Well, it's one place we're going. I intend to do something Milky Way Wishes-esque, so "Kirby!Galaxy" or something similar would be more accurate (the galaxy in Milky Way Wishes doesn't have an official name).

OK, I think I'll replace one of my characters after this is all done with. I don't know who yet, but I do know who I want to put in.

Also, big announcement, my vacation has come up. I will have access to a computer most of the time I'm in Philadelphia (leaving tomorrow afternoon), but I don't know just how much I'll be on. And I won't have a computer when I go to Washington D.C. (leaving from Philly, but don't know when that is)

So, things might get a bit slow.

Spread the word if you want, but it's mostly important here where I'm the DM for the time being.

Last edited:
Right when I rejoin the RP, too.

Not that it's fair for me to complain, I'm going to be gone next week, after all.

So.. hi. I'd like to switch out both characters, 'cause I can't keep up with them and stuff. I haven't played Maple Story for a while, a few years, actually, an YW magic is waaay too confusing and broken. And I'm not the author of the series. So:

Name: Mistral
Species: Hawkmon>Aquilamon/Halsemon=DNA Digivolution with Gatomon>Silphymon>Valkyrimon
Series: Digimon
Appearance: A regular Hawkmon/Aquilamon/Halsemon/Silphymon/Valkyrimon

Bio: Typically, Digimon come from blocks of data, or are made from computer programs, games, or something else. Mistral and Mana are no different, with the exception that they were formed as a Silphymon, by a Tamer. Mistral and Mana regenerated into a Hawkmon and Gatomon after a particularly tough battle, and still retain a kind of mental connection. While their Tamer is off in the Real World, she leaves their Digivice in the Digital World since Mistral and Mana go wandering wherever they like when she is away, and two Rookie Digimon are unlikely to be able to protect themselves from stronger Digimon. And so, they Digivolve.

Personality: Sarcastic and cold. She is rather pessimistic, and loves to make trouble. Friends are rare for her, but she is extremely loyal to those she trusts. Mistral zones out often, and tends to walk away muttering to herself, but if you call her crazy she'll just laugh. She tries not to show it, but she loves company, and turns paranoid when she's alone. She's very close to Mana, and they both know it, though she tries to hide it. Mistral has a rather.. dark sense of humour, it should be said. She could easily be a one-Digimon demolition crew as Halsemon.
Other: Will appear first as a Halsemon and carry around the Armour Digiegg of Love after, ifthatsalright ifthatmadeanysense.

Name: Mana
Species: Gatomon>Angewomon>Ophanimon/=DNA Digivolution with Aquilamon>Silphymon>Valkyrimon
Appearance: A regular Gatomon/Angewomon/Ophanimon/Silphymon/Valkyrimon

Bio: Typically, Digimon come from blocks of data, or are made from computer programs, games, or something else. Mistral and Mana are no different, with the exception that they were formed as a Silphymon, by a Tamer. Mistral and Mana regenerated into a Hawkmon and Gatomon after a particularly tough battle, and still retain a kind of mental connection. While their Tamer is off in the Real World, she leaves their Digivice in the Digital World since Mistral and Mana go wandering wherever they like when she is away, and two Rookie Digimon are unlikely to be able to protect themselves from stronger Digimon. And so, they Digivolve.

Personality: Always calm, Mana is the rational one. She thinks most things through, and will very rarely panic or try to trick people into things. She is somewhat outgoing, and curious about new things, but ironically, as the saying goes, curiosity killed the cat. Mana is very strategical, looking at everything from above and making decisions from there. She never says anything without thinking it through, which makes her seem slow at times, when she pauses before saying some things.
Other: nyaaaah

And I should probably do a profile for both of them when they DNA Digivolve (fusion haaaaaa) to Silphymon/Valkyrimon, 'cause they're different then.
Name: Storm
Species: Silphymon/Valkyrimon
Appearance: A regular Silphymon/Valkyrimon
Bio: Storm only exists when Mistral and Mana DNA Digivolve. Which isn't very often, since they like to fight on their own, but sometimes, it's fun to shake things up a bit.
Personality: Storm is born when Mistral and Mana DNA Digivolve to become a Silphymon/Valkyrimon. She is exactly half Mistral and half Mana, which.. is rather interesting at times. She is a war machine, always dealing out the blows and damage, since that's the only time she exists. Storm is a leader, and has something that can usually get people to listen to her. She does know when she should shut up, though, and listens to others. Storm is somewhat insane, usually laughing as she rips opponents apart. Once she gets into the rhythm of a long fight, it'll take unconsciousness to stop her, and that alone will take a while. At the end of battles, Storm always passes out and degenerates into Mistral and Mana, no exceptions. A bezerker, Storm does not stop after she gets started.
Other: Storm only exists when Mistral and Mana DNA Digivolve, if I haven't made that clear already.

almost link explosion

Hey hey haven't I seen that personality before

Also, me and Shining Eevee would want to DM a Digimon arc, we've got it all thought out and maybe would want to do it soon. :o

I'll also switch when we gt back to the Plains, just want to post this already. :<

Last edited:
Posting my form early, though I still won't introduce the character until we get back to the Endless Plains.

Name: Kotemon (or whatever Digimon he is when he temporarily Digivolves/degenerates)
Gender: Male, though only for pronoun purposes, as Digimon only have assumed genders.
Species: MetalKoromon > Kapurimon > Kotemon (preferred form) > Musyamon > Vajramon > Zanbamon
Series: Digimon (multiverse indifferent)
Appearance: MetalKoromon, Kapurimon, Kotemon, Musyamon, Vajramon, Zanbamon. (Images courtesy of Digimon Wiki) Always has Brooke's Digivice (see Bio) somewhere on him.
Bio: Kotemon was originally the partner of a fourteen year old girl named Brooke who, despite being a Tamer, treated him more like a pet, and spent most of her time in the Real World. One day, she was involved in a car accident with her sixteen year old cousin. Both were killed. When Kotemon got news of her death, he was grief-stricken. Her Digivice, which she had left at home on the day of the accident, reacted to his strong negative emotions, causing him to Digivolve to a corrupted Musyamon. Having lost all feelings but rage, he went on a rampage, murdering her family and many others. Eventually, he degenerated into Kapurimon, exhausted, and was finally captured. He, along with Brooke's Digivice, were sent back to the Digital World. Once he regained his senses and Digivolved back into Kotemon, he began to wander, no longer sure what to do or where to go.
Personality: Like most of his species, Kotemon is a quiet type, and until he warms up to someone he doesn't do much talking. Despite his timidness with others, and his tendency to burst into tears, he fights with zeal and abandons his fears once in battle. Ever since he was sent back into the Digital World, he passed his time by training constantly to become a swordsman. Because of his Tamer's death, he has become rather depressive, but he is slowly getting over it. When he Digivolves into any of his higher forms, his personality changes somewhat, though for now at least I'd like to PO.
Other: I think this is my best character~ I hope, anyway.

Dragon, didn't you say you were going to use the plot of Digitized as an excuse for your Tamer-less Digimon to be able to Digivolve?

And yes, as Dragon says, we've got a Digimon arc planned out, and we're both intent on DMing it. Would that be alright?

EDIT: Added in something I forgot.

Last edited:
^Hmwut? Well, wild/unowned Digimon can Digivolve anyways, so I don't see why it matters. :o Remembered/noticed that after watching a few episodes of the first and second season *DING DING new obsession*

^
Shining Eevee said:
since unless he/she has a Tamer or you come up with some excuse like mine he/she either wouldn't be able to Digivolve, or would Digivolve near-permanently.

Ohfinethen make me write up a bio why don't you :< probably could have gotten away with it too grumblegrumble There done hah

Last edited:
OK, post tomorrow, putting this here for when we finish this, and because the form is so easy.

Name: Yua Kusunoki
Series: Chaos;Head
Personality: Nothing to add.
Other: If you've played/seen Chaos;Head, let's assume the anime ending occured.

A picture.
Another picture.
You can see her di-sword here.

I have this feeling I'm going to regret this, but whatever.

And I don't know who to drop yet, maybe I'll hold a vote.

Back
Top Bottom