• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Rift in the Dimensions

Taiko suddenly saw a diamond shaped force field around him. He looked over and saw Link and another person in force fields too. But which one is holding up the forcefield?

The constant onslaught of flames on Dialga's legs combined with Galacta Knight's blow to the chest caused him to topple over, hitting the ground with a massive thud. He was still thrashing, both his front claws becoming coated in a sharp metal and lashing out at the nearest targets.

There was the tiniest twitch of movement from Palkia. The aura around him and Giratina was beginning to fade. It's working! Tails thought to himself.

The creature's sudden collapse seemed to have an effect on Bonecrusher's nerve circuits; either that or Bonecrusher's left arm had finally gotten its nerves connected. Laughing wildly, the Constructicon aimed and fired at the creature.

Taunos cast a recall spell, shutting off all of his totems and returning part of the mana. His earth elemental collapsed, though it was already falling apart. He then grabbed his earth totem and placed it near Dialga, who was on the ground, but outside of his reach. Taunos then chanted and the totem glowed, this time causing the earth itself to rise up and wrap itself around Dialga's legs, restraining it to prevent further harm.
Geralt was about to walk up to Dialga's head and deliver the final blow, but Taunos stopped him, "We're not here to kill him.", he reminded.
"Right.", Geralt said, then asked, "Then who runs this outfit, I'd like a word with them."
Taunos indicated Sonic and Tails, "Them. The blue one is Sonic and the tan one is Tails."
"I'll go right ahead, then.", Geralt replied.
Taunos then watched Bonecrusher attack Dialga on the ground. Gauging Dialga's strength, Taunos estimated that that wouldn't kill him anytime soon.
Geralt found Sonic and Tails, and walked up to them, "Greetings.", he greeted, "I've been told by, ah, Taunos, that you two are the leaders here. I'm Geralt, a witcher, and I'm wondering as to what I am to be paid for my services rendered today and well, until you won't be needing me. I think a fair price would be 1,400 orens or whatever I deem equivalent."

((WOAH LATE LATE IS LATE >_>))
Valkyrie barely yelled out the words to the spell that would solidify the air in front of her, and ran backwards as the meteors fell, one just flying by her head. And it was over. Vai ran over to Valkyrie.
"So you do have some value," she said, grinning. Looking up, she nodded. "And those Giratina and Palkia Pokemon are getting back to normal.."
Valkyrie nodded, not really listening. An avatar of a Power could be overshadowed... well, that was one for the manual. She scribbled something in the Speech into the air with the rowan wand, and watched as they vanished. There we go.

Barrolk jumped backwards from the lashing talons, gently setting Cirrus on the ground.

"Well that was strange. I didn't recognize any of those attacks."

"It's not from Green Bays, silly," Cirrus said, playfully prodding him with her rear paw. Her left ear was torn slightly, but she paid no attention. "These creatures must have different tactics." Even so, she was still dumbfounded. "How many MP does this thing have?"

Barrolk smiled a chicken smile and shrugged. "It must be raised that way. I dunno. More than me, that's for sure. I could probably only breathe fifteen times without a break to use up all my magic." He clamped his beak shut to avoid further rambling.

With two great explosions that struck him in the head, Dialga's thrashing slowed, then stopped. Only the gentle rising and falling of his stomach showed he wasn't dead.

The grip on Giratina and Palkia loosened, then released. They shook themselves, regaining feeling.

"Fourteen hundred what?" Sonic asked. "When did we start giving out salaries?"

Tails shrugged.

"Salaries?", Geralt questioned, "No, but witchers are but monster slayers for hire. Some might say we're not fair, but I'd say that's about right considering I just helped fight a god-like being. I have to put food on the table somehow. Considering I was sent here more or less against my will with a letter from the love of my life."
Geralt then thought about what he said for a moment, then continued, "Hm, I suppose I'll just have to find out when I get home. Sorry if I've troubled you, but I've never been much for saving the world, much less the universe."
Walking up, Taunos caught little of the conversation, "What did you need to have a chat about with these two?", he asked.
Geralt chuckled a little, "Wondering if I'd get paid for this. I normally do, just so you know.", he replied.
"Ha, money isn't so important when we're trying to save worlds.", Taunos remarked, "We're not even sure if these two come from a world where gold speaks."
Geralt smiled, "You have a point, wise one.", he told Taunos, "Orens are Temerian coin. Again, sorry if I surprised you.", he said to Sonic.

Sonic chuckled, "Buddy, there might not even be a table to put food on if we fail...or food, for that matter...Anyway, don't worry about it. What's gone on so far is weird enough."

((Hey, Skymin, I wanna drop Taiko out, so do you mind when Palkia leaves to go back to Sinnoh, can he take Taiko with him? I'll play him until then, but...))

"Woah... Dialga's been... beaten..." Taiko said just as he recovered from paralysis. "Hmph." Blaze said. "Hey, Palkia," Taiko started. "When you go back to wherever you live, can you take me back to Sinnoh? I just can't wait to tell the others in the pack about this!"

"Finally, it's down. That was far too close."

"Bonecrusher returned to Ravage's side. The mechanical cat hadn't gotten back up yet.

"Ravage? It's over. That beast has been brought down."

No response. It was understandable why; Ravage had been at point-blank range when the creature used its roar shockwave. Doubtless the impact had nearly destroyed his vocal processor.

The internal repairs always target the most vital areas to prevent termination. Since the spark casing wasn't hit, they'd most likely go for-

The thought had barely entered Bonecrusher's logic processor when the repairs finished Ravage's nerve circuits. The symbiont leaped up, finally able to move.

"Oh, good, you're not hurt. I was worried that that would have completely destroyed you."

"Y-you're... rrying.. t-t-too... ch."

"Stay silent for now until the vocal processors are done repairing themselves. For now we'll figure out how to stop this dimension's decay. Hopefully."

When everything seemed to be over, the force fields disappeared. Link sighed and rubbed his head absently. It hurt. But he didn't notice much. Things had turned out much better than expected. Apparently, nobody (except Dialga, of course) was seriously injured. That was rather surprising, but then again, they were all supposed to be excellent fighters. Mostly, anyway. Still, they were pretty lucky.

Last edited:
((Mewtwo: Character switch allowed, since this is a prime opportunity to do so.))

Palkia raised his head, <<THANK YOU...>> he said, <<I'M SORRY THIS HAD TO HAPPEN.>> he looked over at Dialga's fallen form, <<TRULY AN UNFORTUNATE TURN OF EVENTS. I HOPE NONE OF YOU ARE HURT. AND THANK YOU, GIRATINA, FOR BRINGING THIS BRAVE GROUP TO MY ATTENTION.>>

Giratina bowed modestly, <<IT WAS NOTHING, REALLY...>>

Palkia turned to the group again, <<I ALSO MUST THANK YOU ALL FOR BRINGING THIS DECAY TO MY ATTENTION. I COULD SENSE A DEAL OF DISTORTION, BUT HAD WRITTEN IT OFF...>> he laughed, <<IN THIS WORLD THERE IS A CERTAIN HUMAN WHO OFTEN FINDS HIMSELF IN ODD SITUATIONS AND OFTEN CAUSES TROUBLE FOR ME. BUT I HAD NO IDEA THINGS HAD ESCALATED TO THIS MAGNITUDE. FROM WHAT I CAN UNDERSTAND, THE FULL FORCE OF THE DECAY HAS NOT REACHED THESE NORTHERNMOST PARTS JUST YET.>> he looked somberly towards the ground, <<IF WHAT YOU SAY IS TRUE AND KANTO HAS BEGUN TO BE OVERTAKEN, THAT MUST MEAN HOENN IS ALREADY GONE...>>

"But you can help repair the damage, right?" Sonic asked. This better not have been wasted time...

<<IT WILL BE...DIFFICULT...>> Palkia replied, <<MOST DIMENSIONAL DISTURBANCES I HAVE DEALT WITH HAVE NOT BEEN SO ALL-CONSUMING, BUT WITH GIRATINA'S HELP, WE CAN POSSIBLY STOP IT FROM SPREADING FURTHER, AND POSSIBLY PUSH IT BACK.>> he sighed, <<THIS WOULD BE FAR EASIER WITH ARCEUS'S HELP, BUT SHE HAS'T RESPONDED TO EITHER OF US YET...>>

<<TRUE...>> Giratina added, rolling her eyes, <<SHE THINKS CREATING THE UNIVERSE IS ENOUGH OF A CONTRIBUTION. SHE RARELY STEPS IN TO ASSIST WITH ANYTHING, LEAVING US TO DO ALL THE WORK...SHE'S RIGHT ABOVE US RIGHT NOW, ALL HIGH AND MIGHTY IN HER OWN, PROBABLY COMPLETELY UNDAMAGED DIMENSION...>>

<<YOU'RE RAMBLING AGAIN, GIRATINA...>> Palkia pointed out, laughing a bit. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Taiko pipe up. <<HUH? OH, YES. I CAN HELP YOU WITH THAT ONCE WE'RE FINISHED HERE.>>

((I feel girls get a lot of attention here, first god is a girl in Call of Judgment, and now here? Arceus even sounds like a boy name))

Giygas rubbed his hands against each other, as if trying to remove dust from them, he felt he had done something useful for once. Then, he reacted to the name Arceus. "Who's this Arceus you deities speak of?"
---
Drawcia went down from the height she had been on, since the danger was over. She hadn't done much, but no one told her to do a lot.

((Am I the only one who sees epic things about when we go to Eagleland and, most likely, meet Ness? *coughmynameisGiygascough*))

Bonecrusher ;istened in on the conversation, and noted the way they spoke of this "Arceus"

"No doubt that the being they speak of is similar to Primus; a deity that created all but interferes rarely."

"Agreed," Ravage said, its vocal processors repaired, "Though i do not remember Primus ever helping us."

"Lest you forget we are a neutral faction," Bonecrusher replied, "Good to know you're fully repaired."

Geralt chuckled, then reached into his bag for another bottle of the same, very old, wine, yanking the cork off and taking a long drink. He held out the bottle to Taunos and Sonic.
"Drink up,", Geralt offered, "We all deserve it, and it's the best wine I've ever had, if only because it was free..."
Taunos politely rejected, "No thanks, when I feel like indulging myself, I prefer mead."
"Mead, huh? Ran out of that a while ago.", Geralt replied.
Palkia and Giratina went on about someone named Arceus.
"Haha, they say the Titans, who travelled the cosmos and shaped worlds before existence as we know it", Taunos replied to the two, "Were an aloof bunch as well."
"Heh, gods are hardly the most reliable sort.", Geralt remarked sourly.
"Anyway, what are we to do now?", Taunos asked everyone.

Sly sunk grumpily to the ground. He felt like a sack of potatoes. Useless unless the perfect opprutunity came. For him, the perfect opprotunity wouldn't likely come unless some important thing had been stolen. Head on battles were Murray's job, not his.

Obi-Wan sighed, relieved he had not had to use his lightsaber at all. When he was in unfamiliar surroundings, he tried not to. Especially with creatures as strange as these... He picked up his cloak and threw it on, wiping a little dirt off of it. Obi-Wan saw the offer from Geralt, and shook his head. It smelled of alchohol. If only Dexter's Diner was out here...

Back
Top Bottom