• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open {Role-play} MLP: The Reign of Darkness

CJBlazer

Where have I been at?
Ponyville was far from diastrous. Not just two hours before, Ponyville was a nice cheery place. Yet, now, it was n shambles. The sky was black and had no moon. The buildings were tattered and the resident ponies were gone. Several jetblack ponies were now stalking the streets, each had a skull as their Cutie Mark.

Blaze was hiding under the ruins of what was the mayor's center. He was shivering with fear. Never has Ponyville or Equastria been like this.

Just then, a black pony spotted Blaze and told the others, "Hey, soldiers, we sotted a survivor."

Blaze gulped as more of the ponies crowded around the ruins. He then concentrated. The gem around Blaze's neck glowed ad his mane lit up in fire. He then looked at the other ponies and smirked.

"Well, if you really want mme, then bring it!!!" Blaze said, charging twords the ponies.

Crystal Falls was hiding behind the ruins of a large building that had recently been burnt down. Seeing the black ponies, she tried to run, but it was too late.

"Hey, look! Another one!" they yelled.

They came towards Crystal at high speed, but she quickly flicked the water gem out of her hand and onto her neck.

The evil ponies all charged at her, but her gem glowed wildly and a huge crashing waterfall came down from supposedly thin air, putting a barrier between her and the pony army.

"Darn. On the count of three, we charge." said the leader.

"Three..."

"Two..."

"ONE..."

"GO!"

They crashed into the waterfall. Crystal had heard what the leader had said, and she had raised the temperature of the waterfall by a lot. They rushed out, burnt all over.

Crystal Falls smiled to herself, then raised a crystallized hoof and the waterfall sunk into the ground quickly.

Vanilla Iceberg just woke up after thawing out of the icewall. She heard voices coming toward her.
"I know there is one around here!" one said.
"Whatever! Just find them!" another spoke.

Vanilla tried to fly away, but even with her large wings, they were tired and hurt, preventing her from flying. The strange ponies spotted her.
"There she is! Get her!" They charged after her. She thought to herself, i hope this works.. and she freezed the strange ponies solid. She starts to run away, throwing icicles and creating blizzards behind her.

"that should hold them off for a while." She smiles and keeps running.

Blaze breathed flames at the ponies, distracting them and dashed away from the ruins of the mayor's building. He galloped as fast as he could.

Blaze looked back to see if any of them were following him, but then when he looked foreward, he accidently collided with another pony, this one not black, but blue. Blaze chuckeled nervously and held up a hoof to help the other pony.

"Umm, sorry about that." Blaze said nervously.

(Oh, Aura is a Pegasus.)

Aura was sitting quietly near a rock. Equestria was in shambles, and now everything fell apart. Aura remembered what Twilight had said a day before she was slaughtered to the Ponivilians.

Twilight had said to all the ponies, "We are going to depart to a journey. We may not come back, but like the Princess had said to me many years ago, 'The fate of Equestria rests in our hooves', now the time has come again. If for any reason we fail, the fate of Equestria rests in everyone's hooves."

Now Twilight was gone. Now most of the ponies have died. Aura had survived because she hid from the ones that would kill her. Aura sighed as she slumped on the rock. She yelped softly because something poked her. She turned to the rock and saw a dark purple gem. Carefully picking it up with her hooves, she put the gem in her curly, dark purple hair. Her hair is so curly, it would hold the gem. It holds anything else!

A black coated stallion suddenly yelled, "There's another!"

Aura had stepped a bit too far from her rock. Quickly, she flapped her wings and flew off. Luckily, the stallion was an earth pony, so it just growled and turned away. Aura scanned the ground. There wasn't any more of those black coated ponies, so she landed. After all, there might be evil pegasi searching overhead.

After carefully walking around, she noticed two ponies. Aura was tempted to run away, but then she saw that the coats of the two were not black. Aura decided to read the aura of the red coated one. Aura closed her eyes for a few seconds, and then read the aura of the red coated pony.

The red coated pony has an orange aura- which met it was feeling kind of awkward. Aura decided to walk up to the two, now knowing they were not the enemy. The black coated stallions' only aura was gray and red; Gray being dull, in unison, and being the same. Red being full of anger, bitterness, and murderous. This red coated pony did not show that aura, so Aura decided to walk to the two.

{Umm, I have a gray coat, not red, see the picture in the sign-ups}

I chuckled nervously and then straightened my face. "So, umm, I am Blaze," I told the other, extending a hoof once more.

Vanilla realizes she collided with the grey pony, and notices the other pegasus.
"I guess I should introduce myself, I am Vanilla. Vanilla Iceberg. I was running away from these strange ponies. I had the feeling they were hunting for me. Did that happen to you too?"

"Oh, think I should then if you are...
I'm Crystal Falls, but just call me Crystal." Crystal said.
"Oh yeah, they were charging at me, but I made them go away." she carried on.

She then walked up to Aura, Vanilla and Blaze.

"So, hi--"

She was cut off by a black pegasus with a skull and crossbones as its cutie mark landing on her.

She groaned.
Crystal tried to activate her gem, but it didn't work. The pegasus then used its hoof to cut the string and the gem rolled out onto the road.

Crystal yelled for help.

"Guys look! Crystal is in trouble!" Vanilla shouted. She flew over to Crystals gem, picked it up and gave it to Blaze to hold. "Hold on to that for now." Vanilla flew over to the mysterious pony holding Crystal captive, and froze the black pony. She freed Crystal from his grip and carried her over to the others.

Crystal took her gem from Blaze.

"Thanks, Vanilla." she said.

She took the chance to make the ground break and to be pushed into the air by a huge jet of water before talking.

"So, it doesn't look good in Ponyville, huh?" she said from above.

"Ponyville in ruins...All of Equestria...We might be the only ones left..." Aura said. Aura was careful on what she would say, because she didn't trust them fully. However, they were the only ponies not tainted by evil, so it would be safer to go with them.

Aura began to wonder what her gem would do. Her talent was reading aura. Would her gem control it? Maybe...

"I'm being rude; I haven't introduced myself. My name is Dark Aura, but you may call me Aura. As of now, I suppose we are going to travel in a group, because we need the power of a group or else we will all be dead. I suppose the...fate of Equestria rests in our hooves now..."

Aura felt saddened at the thought that now she and the three other ponies were now the ones to save Equestria, a burden Twilight and her friends had years back. But if Equestria was going to be reverted back to its original form, they must now carry this burden.

"If we are the only ones left we suppose," Vanilla said. "Perhaps this was our destiny; not just ours maybe. Perhaps Equestria's? And maybe we were supposed to meet each other. I don't think that we would have these gems for no reason." She looked ahead on the water jet, thinking of the possibilities.

"I think so," said Blaze. "We each got a gem right. I mean, that sorta means we are connected by a common thing. I have this gem that allows me to control fire."

All of a sudden, a bolt of lightning struck the ground and a black stallion with a gold mane came out. He was large and had deep reed eyes.

"Well, well, well," said the stallion. "It looks like my master's night ponies couldn't deal with you. Well, apparantly, he believes I, General Phantore, can do it. Prepare to die, little ponies."

"Die, huh? You're gonna eat those words, spit em out, and eat them again!" Vanilla shouted. "Lets go guys! Let's show him the power of these gems!" Vanilla then sent blizzards and ice shards toward the General. "Blaze, Aura! Attack him now while he is frozen a bit!" Unfortunately, the General reached Vanilla and attacked her with a mysterious weapon.

Blaze closed his eyes and his mane bursted in flames. His horn then formed a fireball at the tip and his swung his neck. The Fireball was flung from the horn and grew larger asa it hit Phantore.

"Leave them alone." Blaze growled under his breath.

Crystal was winded as Phantore charged at her and knocked her onto the ground. Her facial expression suddenly turned dark with hatred. Her long, flowing mane turned even darker than her expression, but that wasn't all that was happening to it.

It was growing.

It grew until Crystal was lifted off the ground.

"Wait...how is my mane holding me up?"

She looked down, and realized her mane had turned into a huge flow of water. She then started running, with the wave holding her into the sky, until the wave crashed straight into Phantore. He fell back, choking and spluttering.

"Wh...what did I just do?" she asked nobody in particular.

Blaze stood amazed. Phantore was on the ground, choking from water that somehow came from Crystal's mane.

Phantore sputtered. "Err, you pestering fools, you shall get yours one day." At that, Phantore vanished in a black cloud.

"Umm, what-was-that?" asked Blaze.

"That's just what I said! I'm not sure." came the reply.
"I'm a bit tired now..."

She lay down to have a rest on the edge of a fountain that was still standing. However, she tripped and fell into the water.

"Now...I don't feel at all tired. Was it the water?"

She immediately thought, Yes.

"Water is awesome!" she commented, making it rain in random parts of Equestria.

"Oh, sorry. Now, how exactly will we save the land?"

"I have no idea," said Blaze. "Whoever that Phantore's master is, wouldn't he be in Canterlot? Maybe thats where we need to go."

Aura stepped in the conversation, completely missing the battle that just happened. "Now hold on...how can we be sure his master will be in Canterlot? That would be too obvious of a place for a dark lord to be. It could quite possibly be a trap."

Aura scanned the place around the four of them to see if there were any of those ponies with the skull cutie mark. None were there, so she continued talking.

"And why did Phantore attack us in the first place? Seriously, he didn't have to go flat out saying that he was gonna kill us. Why didn't he take us by surprise? Of course, I don't want that to happen, but it's too dumb, don't you think? Either this is an elaborate trap, or Phantore is just retarded."

Back
Top Bottom