• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Satellites (Catch Me If I Fall) [[SU Closed]]

Re: Satellites (Catch Me If I Fall) OOC/SU

Defender:
Username: Littlestream
Name: Aleid Koeman (Ah-late Koo-mahn)
Hometown: Celadon City

Legendary:
Mew
Powers: She has limited psychic abilities, and can shape-shift into most Pokemon (not legendaries, obviously)
Side: Neutral, but leans toward evil.

Appearance: Aleid has light brown eyes and shoulder-length blond hair, and is about 5’6” tall. Her skin is rather pale, and, due to her encounter with Mew, has acquired a pink coloring in places (Namely, the back of her neck, her cheeks, and her ankles). She is not especially thin, but she isn’t overweight either. Her skin looks perfect at first glance, but she does have scars, which she covers with her clothes. She dislikes makeup and will not wear it under any circumstances

Aleid is fond of her battered silky black jacket. She prefers to wear light shirts under it, along with blue jeans and a grayish blue pair of sneakers. She has pierced ears, and wears a pair of earrings with small emeralds hanging off them. She also has a matching pair of bracelets with emeralds in them. She carries a green backpack with her wherever she goes.

Personality:
She appears cold and emotionless to most people, because she rarely talks and tends to avoid humans all together. But if you did get to know her, you would find that she is selfish and proud and a bit insane. She will do anything to win, as long as it won’t harm her Pokemon. She really cares for them, and their well-being is just as important to her as her own.

History: Aleid was born in Celadon City, and has lived there most of her life. Her mother was the manager of the Celadon Department Store, and her father was a trainer from Driftveil City in Unova. She was never close to her mother, who was at work most of the time. She spent most of her childhood playing with Pokemon with her father.

Aleid received Vianne from her father when she was seven. Even though she was intended as a pet, Vianne would grow into Aleid’s best battler because the two had been together for so long. Her father gave her Ian when she was ten, which is also when she started to train her Pokemon to battle. Her father wanted her to become the kind of trainer he never was, someone who could become the Champion. She began practicing on Route 16, fighting wild Pokemon. Her father was there, ready to step in if something went wrong.

He never had to.

Aleid quickly surpassed all expectations. She became an extremely skilled battler and astounded all who watched her. However, she preferred not to fight trainers, and continued to train by battling wild Pokemon. She only fought trainers when her father was around, simply to show him that she could. She wanted to prove herself to him. That, and taking care of her Pokemon, was all she cared about.

It came as a real shock when her father disappeared. Nobody is quite sure what happened, but one day when Aleid was fourteen, she went to the kitchen for breakfast, and no one was there. It didn’t bother Aleid that her mother was gone of course – she was already at work by then – but her father was almost always there in the mornings. She searched the entire city for him, but he really was gone. Her mother didn’t seem to be worried, which only served to distance the two further.

Aleid ran away when she was sixteen. She began to search the region for her father, building up a mighty reputation as she went. She still disliked battling trainers, and tried to avoid fighting them, but when she did, the trainers often walked away a gibbering mess. She only visited cities to continue the search, and never stopped in the gyms. Her only companions were her Pokemon, and the team grew on this journey. She acquired Vines when she stopped in Pallet Town, and she caught Maggie on Route 6. She caught a Slowpoke on her travels as well, but traded it with a strange woman she met in exchange for Irene.

As Aleid was traveling along Route 27, she stopped to rest for a bit, and saw a pink Pokemon flying around a tree. Wanting to battle it, she pulled out Vianne’s Poke Ball. The Pokemon (which she then realized was Mew) turned and looked at her, and she was enveloped in a pink light. It explained that it needed someone who could use its powers, and thought that she was right for the job. Mew then told her about the fight between Arceus and The Nameless One.

Aleid didn’t care about this, however – she only wanted to work with the side that would help her find her father. And she felt that the Nameless One could help her best.

Extra: I’m not sure about friends, but Aleid could be allies with Tyson.

Pokemon:
Pokemon: Purrloin
Nickname: Vianne
Ability: Limber (Vianne cannot be paralyzed)
Nature: Vianne is sneaky and sarcastic, but she does care for Aleid.
Moveset: Sand Attack, Pursuit, Fake Out, Night Slash

Pokemon: Durant
Nickname: Ian
Ability: Hustle (Increases Attack but lowers Accuracy)
Nature: Ian has a temper, and is an even more formidable foe when mad.
Moveset: Baton Pass, Agility, Metal Claw, Iron Defense

Pokemon: Venusaur
Nickname: Vines
Ability: Overgrow (Increases the power of Grass type moves when Vines has low HP)
Nature: Vines is a quiet, slow sort. He isn’t especially bright, but he knows to trust what Aleid says.
Moveset: Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder, Sweet Scent, Petal Dance

Pokemon: Magneton
Nickname: Maggie
Ability: Sturdy (Maggie cannot be knocked out in one hit)
Nature: Maggie is affectionate and energetic.
Moveset: Tri Attack, Spark, Electro Ball, Magnet Bomb

Pokemon:
Lairon
Nickname: Irene
Ability: Rock Head (Irene cannot be hit by recoil)
Nature: Irene is still wary of Aleid and her team, but she seems to have a fun-loving side as well.
Moveset: Dragon Rush, Roar, Take Down, Iron Head

Last edited:
Re: Satellites (Catch Me If I Fall) OOC/SU

Oh dear what in the
You guys with your awesome profiles ;~;

Anyway. Everyone is so far accepted and reserved,
Although MewMew, I'd like it if you'd take out from your character's abilities for communication between Pokemon and opening portals to and fro Giratina's World

As for Everglider, I've finally got to updating the list after it had failed to save the first time, so just look there.

fff so many I think it's time to close this up and wait for everyone to be done

Awesome profiles? I have a lot of trouble with human characters, I finished my second form, though, and for some reason the history is really long. It took forever to think of an idea for the character, though, and I almost cancelled my sign-up because I couldn't think of anything. I'm glad I didn't though.

i'll reserve another

Username: DarkAura
Name: Jake Serpentine
Hometown: Ecruteak City

Legendary: Suicune
Powers: Has the power to purify small amounts of water (Like a small lake), Controls the wind to blow objects away, can breathe water.

Side: Evil (The trainer is evil, the pokemon is neutral, but used for evil)

Appearance: Has a fedora hat that covers the right side of his face. He has a blue shirt with a picture of black wind going up. He is wearing slacks that go right above his knee. He has gloves exactly like Ash ketchum does. His shoes are nothing more than grey tennis shoes.

He has dark Red eyes. His hair is a brown buzzcut that just barely covers his head. He is very skinny and is 6 foot 2. he weighs 167 Lbs. He has a scar that goes right through the palm of his right hand. One of his feet is slightly larger than the other.

Personality: He isnt very social. He doesn't like to be around people at all. He's more content with being around Pokemon. He get angered at people for no reason.

He isn't very shy. However, he isnt too outgoing either. He is very rude toward people, and nice toward Pokemon. He is usually calm for most of the day.

History: One day he went to the Burnt building, knowing that 3 Pokemon lost their lives their. It just made Jake sad to see what people do to Pokemon. He never realized that People weren't the main cause of the building being burnt. Nevertheless, he wanted revenge on people for making pokemon suffer. He went to the basement floor, careful not to fall in cracks, and he went to the middle of the room.

He saw something stir. It went in the middle of the basement. It's body moved graceously like the wind. It was the North Wind Pokemon, Suicune! Suicune The Suicune went up to Jake. Jake somehow knew what the Pokemon was saying. It said It needed Jakes help. Jake was glad to help it!

It had only been two days since the encounter, and Jake was already treating Suicune horribly. Jake made Suicune fight humans for no reason. Suicune wanted to leave, but there was no one else to go to. Jake has since then joined the evil side.

Extra:

Pokemon: Dewgong Dewgong
Nickname:-----
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Hasty
Moveset: Ice Beam, Sheer Cold, Ice Shard, Hydro Pump

Pokemon: Walrein Walrein
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Quirky
Moveset: Hydro Pump, Sheer Cold, Rest, Snore

Pokemon: Rapidash Rapidash
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Bashful
Moveset: Flamthrower, Bounce, Stomp, Fire Spin

Pokemon: Arcanine Arcanine
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Hasty
Moveset: Fire Blast, Bite, Fire Spin, Flamethrower

Pokemon: Skarmory Skarmory
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Brave
Moveset: Fly, Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, Night Slash

Last edited:
Finished!

I'll be on a trip tomorrow, so if we start tomorrow I'll miss the beginning. I'll be able to use a computer again on Wednesday, though.

Last edited:
Username: Seeker
Name:

Legend:
Powers:
Side: Neutral, leaning good.

Appearance:

Personality:

History:

Extra:

Is the Pokemon Team part necessary?

Alright, I've finished both my forms.

---

Username: Zapi
Name: Maya Grace
Hometown: Floaroma, Sinnoh.

Legendary: Shaymin
Powers: If she breathes in toxins in the air, they are dissolved within her body and turned into pure, fresh air when she exhales. However, if too many toxins get into her lungs at a time and she cannot filter them out, she lets out a powerful blast of energy that causes any plants in its range to enter a rapid, frenzied growth (also known as Seed Flare). She also carries around a small grass whistle, which can be played to either put her enemies into a light sleep or cause a few flowers to bloom around her. Finally, if she comes in contact with the scent of the rare gracidea flower, she temporarily gains the ability to fly.
Side: Good

Appearance: Maya's white-blonde hair is cut unusually short for a girl, barely coming down to her ears on the sides and just touching her neck in the back. Her face - and the rest of her skin - is rather pale, and her eyes are hazel. She wears a pear of small, pink pearl earrings, and a bracelet made out of similar pearls to match. Also, she always wears a red bandana around her neck, as well as a red purse on her shoulders for carrying her Pokémon and items. Normally, she wears clothes of her favorite colors - green and white. She only carries short-sleeved shirts with her, but if she gets cold, she has a bright green hooded jacket that she wears. Because she is very short and slim, she is often thought to be younger than she actually is, and occasionally she's even mistaken for a boy.

Personality: When you first meet Maya, she seems like a calm and polite person who is very in-tune with nature. This is only partially true - while she is very in-tune with nature, she is only calm and polite around people she doesn't know well. However, around those she is close to - such as her family and close friends - she often gets hyperactive and overexcited, and it takes quite an effort to calm her down, especially if what got her worked up was something to do with Pokémon. She isn't a very social person and is only friends with the few people she can deeply trust, though she tries to seem like a kind and polite person anyway.

Maya is happiest out in a field or forest, away from humans, and playing with her Pokémon. She isn't particularly fond of big cities, mostly because she is afraid that the pollution in the air will cause another Seed Flare incident. She adores the natural world, and if you do (or aim to do) something that greatly upsets the balance of nature, she will be very angry with you and probably won't like you very much. However, even if she seems to despise you, it isn't especially difficult to regain Maya's trust. This is because she sees a potential - even if a very small one - for everyone she meets to be a good person, regardless of what they did in the past.

History: Maya was born in Floaroma Town, where her parents owned a small flower shop. When she was a young girl, she spent much of her time outside, playing with Pokémon and enjoying the natural wonders of the little village. By the time she was six, she had made her first Pokémon friend - a wandering budew, whom she dubbed "Buddy".

As she grew older, Maya discovered that it was her dream to travel all over the world as a Pokémon researcher. When she reached the age of twelve, her parents allowed her to travel on her own, as long as she took Buddy, now a roselia, with her. However, they forbid her from going too far away - she had to stay on the western side of Mount Coronet. She decided to start by going to see the Valley Windworks, a nearby place she remembered visiting on several school field trips. There, she caught a Pokémon for the first time: An abandoned buizel, whom she named "Jet".

Maya spent the next three years of her life traveling all across western Sinnoh, meeting many new people and learning more about the world of Pokémon. Oftentimes, she would return to Floaroma to see her parents - or Oreburgh, where her grandparents lived - and tell them everything she had learned. One such trip to the city of coal mining was when she discovered her powers. She had just challenged the gym leader and won; Buddy (now a roserade) and Jet had become quite strong. When she exited the gym and breathed in the dirty air, she suddenly began to have trouble breathing, and entered a severe coughing fit. As a few city-folk came over to try and help her, a blast of energy came out of her body. She then blacked out, not knowing what happened after.

Still unconscious, Maya had a dream, in which she met the legendary Pokémon Shaymin. It explained her powers to her, as well as what had happened after the Seed Flare she had caused. Apparently, plants underneath the concrete surrounding the gym had a sudden growth spurt - so sudden that the concrete shattered in several places, causing so much damage around the gym that it had to be closed to the public for a while. Shaymin also explained to her that whether to fight for Arceus or the Nameless One was up to her, but Maya promised that she would take Arceus' side.

When she awoke, Maya had been taken back to her parents in Floaroma. They were very accepting about the incident, even though they weren't aware of her daughter having part of Shaymin's soul inside her. Since she had proved she was a capable battler - and therefore, capable of defending herself - by earning the Coal Badge, they finally gave her permission to travel to the eastern side of Sinnoh. They bid her farewell, giving her a grass whistle that had been passed down in the family as a parting gift, as she left her hometown for eastern Sinnoh. Before going there, however, she wanted to return to Oreburgh to bid her grandparents - who gave her a parting gift in the form of their pet buneary, Cotton - farewell, as well as apologize to the gym leader for all the trouble she caused.

Before she was able to leave the city and continue on her journey, a young man stopped her on the edge of town. His name was Desmond, and he was a local, returning to his hometown after conquering the Sinnoh League and defeating the Elite Four. He had witnessed the Seed Flare incident, and recognized the powers of Shaymin; for he, too, shared the powers of a legend - Mesprit. Neither of them had met another Defender in their lifetime - in fact, they were not aware of the existence of other Defenders. Needless to say, over the next year they became great friends. Recently, Maya has decided to explore eastern Sinnoh with a reluctant Desmond. She is currently traveling toward the entrance to Mt. Coronet, where her friend awaits.

Extra: She has one Sinnoh League badge, the Coal Badge. Also, I have re-written her history two or three times now, in attempt to make it shorter - you can see how well that went. <_<

Pokemon:

Pokemon: Roserade
Nickname: Buddy
Ability: Natural Cure - If Buddy is recalled to his pokéball, he is able to heal himself of any major status ailment he might have.
Nature: Careful. In battle, he is overly cautious, as well as very protective of his teammates. For this reason, his trainer has taught him more support than attacking moves.
Moveset: Giga Drain / Grasswhistle / Water Sport / Aromatherapy

Pokemon: Buizel
Nickname: Jet
Ability: Swift Swim - Jet's speed is doubled during rain.
Nature: Hasty. He doesn't like to sit and think out a strategy, and would rather jump right into the action and wing it. He's also very stubborn, and refuses to evolve, despite being rather high in level.
Moveset: Aqua Jet / Swift / Pursuit / Agility

Pokemon: Buneary
Nickname: Cotton
Ability: Run Away - Cotton is able to escape from any wild battle.
Nature: Timid. She was raised as a pet all of her life, and because of this, she isn't very strong and doesn't like to fight.
Moveset: Attract / Fake Tears / Pound / Quick Attack

---

Username: Zapi
Name: Desmond Farrell
Hometown: Oreburgh, Sinnoh

Legendary: Mesprit
Powers: He has strong empathetic abilities, as he can easily sense the feelings of other people. To an extent, he can also control the emotions of others, especially the weak-minded. He also has some weak psychic powers, such as being able to move small objects or speak to some people using telepathy.
Side: Neutral

Appearance: Desmond's hair is short-cut, messy, and colored a deep red, and his eyes are grey. From much outdoor training with his Pokémon, his skin is slightly tanned and he is quite well-built. Compared to most people his age, he is rather tall. He almost always wears a hooded jacket that is entirely navy blue, aside from a vertical white stripe on each side of the zipper. If he gets too hot, he has several t-shirts in various shades of blue that he can wear instead. Around his waist, he wears a simple brown belt with slots to carry a team of six Pokémon; and on his back, he wears a plain white backpack for carrying his clothes and important items. On his legs, he chooses to wear a worn-out pair of jeans.

Personality: Of all the people in the world to bestow its powers onto, it's a wonder Mesprit chose Desmond. Despite having the ability to sense the emotions of others, he just doesn't give a damn, to put it bluntly, about them or anything other than his own personal goals - such as becoming the greatest Pokémon trainer in the world. He's known about his powers since he was very young, and they made him into somewhat of an outcast among others in his hometown, leading him to be quite apathetic and unconcerned with other people.

Under normal circumstances, it takes Desmond an eternity to trust another human. In fact, the only other human he seems to trust at the moment is Maya - mostly because she didn't immediately view him as a freak after learning about his powers. Even if he does grow to trust someone, he isn't one to show it, making it quite difficult for others to tell who his friends are.

Desmond usually is not one to rush into things recklessly. Before he makes a final decision, he actually sits down and thinks it over thoroughly, making sure the benefits outweigh the risks. However, on the rare occasion that he is severely angered, he will revert to making hasty decisions in his fit of rage.

History: Desmond was born in Oreburgh City, to a family of hard-working coal miners. At a young age - before he was even old enough to work in the coal mines - he was given the task of caring for Dynamo, his family's machop. He became great friends with the Pokémon, and for a while, he was his only friend. Growing up, Desmond didn't care much about school or a social life, and more so about caring for Dynamo and working in the coal mines. This led him to, for the most part, avoid other people and ignore them if they tried to talk to him. At the time, he didn't really care what others thought of him, and he didn't think he needed any other friends besides Dynamo.

One fateful day, fourteen-year-old Desmond was on a school field trip to Lake Verity. It was a particularly hot and humid day for the area around Twinleaf and Sandgem, and many of the other students were complaining that they were too hot and wanted to go home, much to Desmond's annoyance. More than anything, he wished they would just shut up and stop complaining so he could enjoy the wonderful view of the lake in peace. As he was thinking this, to his astonishment, they began to quiet down, some of them saying that the heat wasn't so bad after all. Sighing, he sat down, relaxed, and just stared at the lake, lost in thought.

While he was staring off into space, he had a vision - Mesprit, the legendary guardian of Lake Verity, appeared before him and told him he had an extraordinary power caused by a part of Mesprit's own soul living inside him. He barely paid attention, though, for he was too excited about seeing a legendary Pokémon. By the time he pointed it out to one of his classmates, however, it was gone.

Over the next few years, he discovered that not only could he manipulate the emotions of others, but he could also easily tell what they were thinking, and that he had a limited amount of psychokinetic abilities. Other people also discovered this power, leading them to think he was a freak, and stay away from him. At first he didn't really mind, but eventually he got fed up with the fact that everyone was judging him. For this reason, he decided to challenge the Sinnoh League with Dynamo (now a machoke), starting by defeating the Oreburgh Gym and earning the Coal Badge.

Desmond spent the next six years of his life conquering the Sinnoh League, and, later on, training for the elite four. He finally defeated them with his six most powerful Pokémon: Dynamo the machamp, his very first friend; Blitz the rapidash, the first one he caught in the wild; Star the togekiss, received as an egg from the couple running the Daycare Center; Mud the hippowdon, a lonely fellow who once lived in a desert, and who Desmond rescued from poachers; Robin the weavile, a mischievous Pokémon who was once causing trouble for Snowpoint; and Flora the leafeon, received as a gift from one of the creators of the Pokémon Storage System. However, he lost to the defending champion, and decided to return to his hometown.

Upon arriving in Oreburgh, a strange incident happened. A young girl had entered a coughing fit outside the gym, and as city-folk attempted to help her, a blast of energy that caused the seeds underneath the concrete of the city to enter a sudden, frenzied growth occurred. No one was sure why it had happened, except Desmond. He knew it must be another who, like himself, shared the powers of a legendary Pokémon. After talking with the girl, whose name was Maia, the two quickly became great friends, and agreed to explore eastern Sinnoh together in attempt to find more traces of those with the powers of the legends. He is currently waiting for his friend just outside Mount Coronet.

Extra: He has all eight Sinnoh League badges and has defeated the Elite Four (though he lost to the defending champion).

Pokemon:

Pokemon: Machamp
Nickname: Dynamo
Ability: No Guard - All moves used by Dynamo and his opponent hit.
Nature: Hardy. For this Machamp, work comes before play - whether 'work' is digging for coal in the Oreburgh mines or battling for the sake of his trainer. Dynamo is extremely dedicated to his 'work' and will not rest until it is finished. In battle, punch-based moves are his specialty.
Moveset: Dynamicpunch / Thunderpunch / Ice Punch / Fire Punch

Pokemon: Weavile
Nickname: Robin
Ability: Pickpocket - At the start of a battle, Robin steals the opponent's held item.
Nature: Impish. She loves causing trouble, especially for her opponents, and occasionally for Desmond and his other Pokémon as well. In battle, she prefers to Taunt her opponent, slow it down with Icy Wind, and finish with powerful attacks.
Moveset: Taunt / Night Slash / Icy Wind / Revenge

Pokemon: Rapidash
Nickname: Blitz
Ability: Flame Body - When a Pokémon makes contact with Blitz, there is a 30% chance that they will be burned.
Nature: Serious. She is probably the most level-headed of Desmond and his team, and often has to keep him and his Pokémon under control. In battle, she prefers to sit on the sidelines while status ailments take down her opponent, with Flare Blitz as a last resort.
Moveset: Flame Wheel / Hypnosis / Morning Sun / Flare Blitz

Pokemon: Togekiss
Nickname: Star
Ability: Hustle - Star's physical attacks have 1.5x power and .8x accuracy.
Nature: Jolly. Star is overly optimistic, seeing the best in everyone, and constantly cheering his teammates on. He can also get quite hyperactive at times, and Mud is usually the one to rain on his parade. In battle, he prefers to heal himself and his teammates, though does fine on his own as well.
Moveset: Air Slash / Extremespeed / Wish / Baton Pass

Pokemon: Hippowdon
Nickname: Mud
Ability: Sand Force - Mud's rock, ground, and steel moves deal 1.3x damage in a sandstorm.
Nature: Lonely. Mud is the opposite of Star; he's been a very pessimistic sort of Pokémon since he first joined Desmond's team. It's mostly because he misses his old desert home, as he often claims to be freezing cold. In battle, he prefers moves that he doesn't have to move very much to use, such as Yawn and Curse, though he'll fight if he has to.
Moveset: Earthquake / Yawn / Curse / Crunch

Pokemon: Leafeon
Nickname: Flora
Ability: Leaf Guard - Flora is protected from major status ailments during strong sunlight.
Nature: Quiet. She doesn't really like to fight, despite being quite capable of doing so. She's also a little shy, and is one of Robin's favorite targets for practical jokes. In battle, she starts off with Sunny Day (unless her opponent is fire-type), and continues with whatever the situation demands.
Moveset: Sunny Day / Razor Leaf / Grasswhistle / Last Resort

---

Ughh why do I fail at describing people <_< There are probably a few things wrong with these, but I don't feel well and don't want to proofread them right now.

hm
Ah, the profiles are still all coming in good and awesome hnn
Anyway, everyone's accepted again.

As for Exo,
I'd think as Cobalion being a minor, although I would think Genesect can fall either way. I guess whatever you'd think of it as.

... Yeah. This thing.

I already have an interesting character idea and story thought out, but I know I won't write it and even if I get accepted I don't think I'll be posting much. I'm sorry; I still love this and will be reading it when it comes up. What I'm saying is that I am dropping my reservation and someone else can have my spot- I was Rayquaza, if that makes a difference.

Okay, starting a form for Genesect

Username: Exo-Raikou
Name: Ethan Penner
Hometown: Castelia City (Unova)

Legendary: Genesect
Powers: Can generate beams of energy from his hands, which he can form into melee weapons of energy (though they only hold together for as long as he can concentrate and is in contact with them) or just shoot from his palms. The exact type of energy that he generates depends on what gem he's utilizing (see below)
Side: Neutral/Good

Appearance: For the most part, wears a short dark blue coat over a white shirt along with jeans, and stands at just over five and a half feet. His hair is at about average length, and is a very dark brown. He's not as well-built as most people at his age should be - it's easy to see that he's on the "skin-bones" side of the spectrum, particularly when it comes to his arms. His eyes are usually dark green, but they sometimes flicker into a purple-colored state - this is a result of Genesect's influence. Also of note is that he wears some kind of dark purple wristband on his right arm that has four gems, each on one side: a ruby, a sapphire, a topaz, and a cobalt; whichever gem he touched last is the one that he adapts his powers into (fire, water, lightning, and ice, respectively).

Personality: Ethan is not the sort of person that wants to be a hero. He's not the sort of person that asks for danger, or even goes out of his way to be in life-threatening situations. Rather, Ethan is just the average trainer, who seeks the adventure of training pokemon, but without the "you might die" factor that some trainers (*cough*Tyson*cough*) crave. So you can imagine how disappointed he is that he's saddled with Genesect, a pokemon whose name includes the word "genocide" (mind you, Genesect isn't too happy about this either, as you'll see below). Now all of a sudden, Ethan actually has to be more defiant and courageous in the face of the dangers that Genesect is going to put him through. Outside of that, he's normally a soft-spoken fellow, who only voices his opinion if he actually feels like it's going to matter, which he thinks isn't often. One of his better qualities is that he's really good with pokemon; he has an uncanny knack for befriending most pokemon he meets, and it's not uncommon for pokemon that he meets to go along with him after meeting him

History: Ethan was born in Castelia and raised in the big city. Both of his parents were rarely home, so the better part of the first twelve or so years of his life he spent on his own - this is the cause behind his soft-spoken personality. His preferred hobby during his young years was just sitting on the balcony of the apartment complex where he lived and just watch the people and pokemon of the city walk on by - it wasn't much, but he always enjoyed it. On his fourteenth birthday, he was given a pokemon for his birthday: a Vulpix, which he promptly nicknamed Liska. With his Vulpix in tow, he started on what he considered a journey, but what most trainers considered a field trip. Because Ethan didn't quite venture too far from Castelia. He always found a way back to the city and his home building before as much as three days had passed by. And whenever he went on these little field trips, he never came back with a pokemon in tow except for Liska. That ended up getting the attention of his parents. You see, what they were expecting was that Ethan would want to journey Unova, just like all the other average trainers. It never occurred to them that Ethan's "introvert" personality would that seriously affect his pokemon journey - adding to that, they didn't really know how to try and get Ethan to change his personality without "forcing" the aspect onto him.

So Ethan continued on these "field trips" for several years, training Liska all along the way, but never really catching anyone else - the Vulpix was the only real friend that Ethan thought he needed. As Ethan further trained his Vulpix, he slowly saw more of Unova, but never really strayed too far from Castelia - he was always back in the city before as much as five days had passed. This went on for about five years, and around the time that the fifth year ended, Ethan stumbled on a fire stone during his travels. While he was hesitant to use it, Liska wasn't, and before Ethan could raise objections on the matter, Liska evolved into a Ninetales. This gave him a confidence bolster - from his standpoint, if Liska could be confident enough to evolve, then he could be confident enough to expand his journeys. And he did just that - traveling all of Unova as we know it for nearly four years. However, he still couldn't find it in himself to leave Unova. He still only felt comfortable in his home region.

It was, of course, too bad that Genesect wasn't going to give him a say in the matter.

You see, Genesect had attempted to strike a bargain with the Nameless One, and the Nameless One's ever so kind response was to attack Genesect, wrenching the creature's soul from his body, sending them both careening out in different directions. Without a body to support it, Genesect's soul latched onto the nearest being it could find - and that just happened to be Ethan, who was traveling with Liska around Iciruss when it happened.

Needless to say, neither of them were too happy at the predicament. Ethan is wholly disgusted that someone whose name comes from "genocide" is taking residence in his body, while Genesect is angry for being latched into the body of a coward. After some internal turmoil where one soul would try and control the body, the two reached a terse agreement: Ethan would help Genesect find the shell of his body - and the moment he did, Genesect would take residence in it - and in return, Genesect would be allowed to take control of the body for extended periods of time. Furthermore, to make sure that Ethan would have a means of defending himself aside from his abilities, Genesect pointed Ethan in the direction of his "contingency:" a group of pokemon that Genesect had struck deals with just in case something like this were to happen to Genesect. Ethan is less than thrilled to have a gang of savages join his team, but considering the position that Genesect's put him in, he has no choice but to comply and hope for the best.

Extra: I am perfectly willing for Ethan to have friends in this scenario - just ask.

Pokemon: (Pokemon Team. Simple. Two to six, there’s a form below that you can use. Just copy and paste it as many times as you need)

Pokemon: Nintales
Nickname: Liska
Ability: Flash Fire (Fire moves are negated and instead boost Liska's subsequent fire moves)
Nature: Protective of Ethan, and very distrusting of Genesect's group
Moveset: Flamethrower, Overheat, Hypnosis, Energy Ball

Pokemon: Huntail
Nickname: Ungur
Ability: Swift Swim (Ups speed during rain)
Nature: The most outright hateful of the group - he hates both Liska and the rest of Genesect's gang.
Moveset: Shell Smash, Crunch, Waterfall, Ice Beam

Pokemon: Honchkrow
Nickname: Kopa
Ability: Super Luck (Higher Critical-hit ratio)
Nature: Prideful - has a very "better-than-you" attitude, and considers itself the ringleader of the group, even though the others make it very clear that Renchin (see below) is the one they consider to be their superior. Is also something of a dirty coward.
Moveset: Foul Play, Aerial Ace, Pursuit, Steel Wing

Pokemon: Bouffalant
Nickname: Jautis
Ability: Reckless (Damage for Recoil moves and subsequent recoil is increased)
Nature: Ill-tempered and not too bright; often thrown at enemies simply because it can take the most damage - often, he's been hit by massive damage, and has still beaten an enemy just because his brain hasn't realized that he should've been KO'd by now.
Moveset: Head Charge, Wild Charge, Earthquake, Megahorn

Pokemon: Accelgor
Nickname: Siput
Ability: Hydration (status is healed in rain)
Nature: Quiet - prefers to keep to himself in any scenario. Easily the most cooperative with Ethan.
Moveset: Bug Buzz, Giga Drain, Focus Blast, Sludge Bomb

Pokemon: Garchomp
Nickname: Renchin
Ability: Rough Skin (damages on physical contact)
Nature: Arrogant, but actually has a reason to be - is easily the strongest member of Genesect's group, and is also one of the few that can put the entire group in line. As a general rule of thumb, only listens to what Genesect itself is saying - so for her to be utilized effectively, Genesect must be in control.
Moveset: Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Fire Fang, Swords Dance.

Last edited:
Yes, sadly, it would seem so. I'll PM Shadow Dragon and see what she says.

Back
Top Bottom