• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Seven Year Anniversary

Yes, it was sad, but there are worse things. It's already been said, so I agree with the "move on" thing.

Anyway, I was in first grade and didn't care much less than I do now. I wasn't affected at all by it, nor did I know anyone who was. I know that I was really bored of it being on the news all the time and that when others said that we'd be attacked, I'd get scared.

I was 6 I believe, and it was in kindergarden.

Anyway, my dad had come to pick me up and was explaining it, but I had no idea what he really meant until a few years later.

Hmm... I was five.
I was there in kindergarden, and what sucks is that...well Jersey's right g-darn next to New York, so we thought that my oldest cousin, who worked a few buildings away, was dead. She wasn't or anything, but everyone was worked up and sobbing, and I didn't get it, so I started too, when I got picked up.

In class, falling asleep. Then later I was confused and didn't care.

Still don't really care.

I was 10. In school, teacher got a message about the attack, and we were all in a state of shock and confusion as to what had happened. Got home, turned on the TV, expecting Pokemon. Well, it was footage of the attacks. Flipped that off and went off to do something else.

I can safely say it took maybe 5 years to figure out the magnitude of what happened today 7 years ago.

I think we've gotten over it as a nation, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing to show respect for the victims.

Rest in peace.

Let me see if I can recall... Ah yes. I was on my way back from the nurse's office at school due to allergies back in fourth grade. I was still new to the school, having only moved to that town (still live there btw) 11 days before and only been put into the school the day after that, so I was wandering the building trying to find my class again. Then I heard the intercom call out "Zora *last name here*, your mother is here to pick you up." So I turned around and walked back to the office.

Sure enough, there was Mom. We left the school, and the whole time I was asking what was wrong. She wouldn't tell me, then when I got home there was Grandma watching the TV. I saw the wreckage and asked what was going on, and she was like "..." and then I asked Mom and she was like "..." Then Dad came home early (I think; this might've been when he was actually supposed to get home and he didn't get off work early), and I asked him what was going on and he actually told me what happened, and I was all like "..."

Then I realized I didn't give a damn and I went to my room and took a nap.

Seriously people. Get over it.

Your's makes no sense. :[

No, seriously. The Chinese system makes sense, going year/month/day, and the European system also makes sense, going day/month/year, but month/day/year? That's just messed up.
I love you guys, but it's nuts.

Then I realized I didn't give a damn and I went to my room and took a nap.
who cares about the biggest plane tragedy, brb sleep

No but it's true that what you guys should concentrate on doing is leaving Iraq because there's a 9/11 every couple of months there now.
I don't think you should 'get over' a tragedy but it is true that America focuses way too much on it. Especially since it's something that could have been avoided. Or at least the number of victims could have been reduced drastically.

also the american date system sucks

Not really. It's how you'd say it, isn't it? You'd say "It's June 5th", not "It's 5th June."
Actually we do say '5th of June' where I come from. Don't know about actual Britain but we've been taught to say it like tha in my English class.

I'd say my birthday is on the 30th of October, or that Christmas is on the 25th of December. *shrug* Makes more sense to me.

No, it's both. Think about it this way: it's the fifth OF september. Another way to say [something] of [something] is by reversing the two things and getting rid of the "of." (example: claw of a lion; lion claw) That makes September 11th, 9/11. [/offtopic]

I was in 1st grade, being a 1st grader, completely oblivious to the world. The only time I really realized what happened was when I saw jiggly footage of it on the news.

Just to add, I think we're inclined to not care simply because we're young, I mean, it happened when we really didn't feel any need to care. That said, age might also be why some keep saying that this nation needs to get over it.

I was in kindergarten, and I basically just heard, "Lots of people died today. And a few buildings fell and got destroyed." I didn't really know the exact details until 2nd grade, when for the Reflections contest (The subject was courage), and my dad suggested doing 9/11, so I searched up on it and stuff.
Very sad though, that 9/11 basically accounts for around what seemed like 75% of Rudy Giuliani's vocabulary. I was amazed by the number of hoaxes revolved around 9/11, but this was truly a very sad event to happen.

Back
Top Bottom