• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sexuality

Sexuality?

• I am heterosexual.

Votes: 99 44.8%
  • I am homosexual.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • I am bisexual.

Votes: 42 19.0%
  • I am pansexual.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • I am asexual.

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 33 14.9%

• Total voters
so apparently last time i posted in here i said that i'm probably straight but not sure.

a little less sure of the straight part nowadays.

i'm probably bi or something,but at the moment i'm just confused.

I'm heterosexual, I guess, but I'm in full support of people who aren't. Hell, I would guess that 90% of my friends are bisexual, at least.

Since I derailed the virgin thread into discussion about sexuality. Will this soon turn into the "Are you a virgin" thread?

Probably bisexual. I mean, it's a bit confusing, really. I find manbodies to be a bit... repulsive, but I can think a guy is cute and desire to be in a relationship with him. And want to do romantic things with him too. And I wouldn't really actually mind sex with a guy, I just wouldn't be as keen on his body as I would with a woman. So I just say that I'm uh... bisexual with a preference for women? I dunno. I could be with either, really, like I said.

Heterosexual, though I have tons of bisexual friends and I'm thinking I might be attracted to one of them(a female, of course), and I support those who aren't hetero immensely.

Biromantic asexual, I believe. I am not sexually attracted to anyone - and rather repulsed by the idea of sex, to be honest - but I've also had crushes on both guys and girls before :V (see: my topic in the coughing cupboard from April)

I'm heterosexual, although I do find women sometimes attractive. But I can only imagine myself going out with men.

Björk said:
"I think everyone's bisexual to some degree or another; it's just a question of whether or not you choose to recognize it and embrace it. Personally, I think choosing between men and women is like choosing between cake and ice cream. You'd be daft not to try both when there are so many different flavours."

I'll just leave this here.

But seriously, this quote has inspired me to be more open. It's strange. I feel straight most of the time, but in some part of my mind I know I could fall in love and have a relationship with a woman. I guess I'm biromantic, then. :D

Last edited:
Pretty much gay. Men are great. And fully open about it, thankfully. Wouldn't have been able to be so several months ago, but hey, things happen, then the closet slightly falls open and nobody minds :3

Incidentally, straight people disgust me and should be purged as they go against my religion. [/bad-attempt-at-satire-in-case-anybody-didn't-notice-and-took-offence]

I am heterosexual and hopefully will always be, but I do not oppose those who aren't. I'd be a little freaked out if a guy came to me and asked to form a romantic relationship, but wouldn't just bluntly turn him down. I'd want to be just friends, because I'm sure half or more of the guys I know/knew are bisexual or homosexual anyway. I suppose there are some males out there who I find cute, but I find sexual activity with males repulsive and degrading when it's with other men.

I can see myself in a romantic, but not sexual, relationship with another male, albeit not as readily or as realistically as a female. I probably would be nothing more with a male than a close friend, and as of now, I hope that's as far as we'd get. So I guess I'm heterosexual and aromantic, but leaning slightly towards biromantic. Thus, about a 1.5 on the Kinsey Scale.

(I am so glad that I can finally discuss this topic seriously. Even if it's on a Pokemon forum.)

Last edited:
I am heterosexual and hopefully will always be, but I do not oppose those who aren't. I'd be a little freaked out if a guy came to me and asked to form a romantic relationship, but wouldn't just bluntly turn him down. I'd want to be just friends, because I'm sure half or more of the guys I know/knew are bisexual or homosexual anyway. I suppose there are some males out there who I find cute, but I find sexual activity with males repulsive and degrading when it's with other men.

I can see myself in a romantic, but not sexual, relationship with another male, albeit not as readily or as realistically as a female. I probably would be nothing more with a male than a close friend, and as of now, I hope that's as far as we'd get. So I guess I'm heterosexual and aromantic, but leaning slightly towards biromantic. Thus, about a 1.5 on the Kinsey Scale.

(I am so glad that I can finally discuss this topic seriously. Even if it's on a Pokemon forum.)

Be aware that while we can discuss the topic seriously, people here will still be offended. Especially if your reasoning is that sexual activity with other males is "repulsive and degrading".

Stop saying you "hope" you'll always be straight and you "hope" you would never get into a relationship with another man. If you are straight, that's fine, but you're coming off as pretty homophobic, whether or not you say you might be biromantic.

Half this forum is LGBT. I am one of the few to be almost entirely straight (sexuality is a spectrum)

Be aware that while we can discuss the topic seriously, people here will still be offended. Especially if your reasoning is that sexual activity with other males is "repulsive and degrading".

Stop saying you "hope" you'll always be straight and you "hope" you would never get into a relationship with another man. If you are straight, that's fine, but you're coming off as pretty homophobic, whether or not you say you might be biromantic.

I'm certainly not homophobic, as I've been friends with at least one male who's been bisexual, but I don't enjoy the thought of engaging in such activities with a man at all. A relationship is just fine with me, but not an intimate sexual one. It's hard for me to explain, but I am not 100% heterosexual, or 100% bisexual. I'm in between heterosexual and bisexual but leaning towards heterosexual, if that's how you want to look at it.

I'm sorry if I offended you and I assure you that I meant no offense. I was simply stating my thoughts on the topic, as I've seen others here do.

I'm certainly not homophobic, as I've been friends with at least one male who's been bisexual, but I don't enjoy the thought of engaging in such activities with a man at all. A relationship is just fine with me, but not an intimate sexual one. It's hard for me to explain, but I am not 100% heterosexual, or 100% bisexual. I'm in between heterosexual and bisexual but leaning towards heterosexual, if that's how you want to look at it.

I'm sorry if I offended you and I assure you that I meant no offense. I was simply stating my thoughts on the topic, as I've seen others here do.

"But I'm friends with a gay person so I can't be gay!" is a really, really bad excuse and a lot of homophobics feel that way. Funnily enough they learn they can forget their friends' sexualities, but still don't respect them much.

I don't think you're one of those people, don't worry, but the way you wrote it sounded homophobic no matter how you meant it. "Repulsive and degrading"? Charming. This isn't about your particular sexualiy, just the way you said why you 'don't want' to be gay. Just stating your thoughts isn't protection from being challenged on them, by the way -- I hope you didn't actually expect that from a very LGBT-dominated forum.

Don't worry, I wasn't personally offended, I'm sure you didn't mean any harm. ^^ Just be more careful about the way you speak of such things, and it's certainly not anything to do with you not wanting to have sex with a man, that's obviously perfectly fine.

"But I'm friends with a gay person so I can't be gay!" is a really, really bad excuse and a lot of homophobics feel that way. Funnily enough they learn they can forget their friends' sexualities, but still don't respect them much.

I don't think you're one of those people, don't worry, but the way you wrote it sounded homophobic no matter how you meant it. "Repulsive and degrading"? Charming. This isn't about your particular sexualiy, just the way you said why you 'don't want' to be gay. Just stating your thoughts isn't protection from being challenged on them, by the way -- I hope you didn't actually expect that from a very LGBT-dominated forum.

Don't worry, I wasn't personally offended, I'm sure you didn't mean any harm. ^^ Just be more careful about the way you speak of such things, and it's certainly not anything to do with you not wanting to have sex with a man, that's obviously perfectly fine.
Well if you'll look at my first post, you'll see that I said that I didn't care if other people were bisexual or gay; In fact, I encourage them to love who they want to love no matter what others think. I'm just not bisexual or gay myself.

And I probably should have seen this coming; in retrospect, it does seem like I was indeed coming across as homophobic or even anti-homosexuality, but I know I'm not and should have made that more clear. I certainly didn't not expect to be asked or confronted by someone who felt differently about the subject, but perhaps didn't expect it to be about me being homophobic. I'm glad you were so understanding about it and in helping me to sort of clean up my thoughts about the topic so that they may have been easier to understand. ^_^

Back
Top Bottom