• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sexuality

Sexuality?

• I am heterosexual.

Votes: 99 44.8%
  • I am homosexual.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • I am bisexual.

Votes: 42 19.0%
  • I am pansexual.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • I am asexual.

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 33 14.9%

• Total voters
also, bear in mind that upbringing can have a significant effect on your outlook in life. even though we all have the capability to make up our own minds about stuff, if we've been brought up to believe something - especially if, like Elliekat, we've been raised in a strongly conservative environment - then it will still imprint on our minds even if we try to adopt more rational beliefs.

the fact that she recognises her faults means that she'll probably eventually discard her prejudices.

I completely agree. Coincidentally, I live in a town of the same name as Elliekat's in Missouri, and it was a good four or five years since I started being attracted to men that I finally came to accept that I was gay. During that time, I tried to push the feelings out of my head and start liking girls, and went into a depressed state a few times. Even after I came to terms with it, my prejudices didn't completely go away. It took a long time, until pretty recently actually, that I got to the point where I thought of gay people as deserving of everything straight people have. Up to this day, I have never knowingly met an openly non-heterosexual person outside of the Internet.

I think she's on the right track, and as you said, she will almost definitely discard her prejudices in time.

Hetero. It's a strong feeling for me, and I am mainly sexually attracted to men. That said, I strongly believe that a person simply cannot be 100% of any one sexuality. I like to hear people talk about someone they'd 'turn gay for', even in a joking manner, because it shows that the thought has crossed their mind. I think it is quite healthy.

I'm no exception; I know what features I find attractive in women, and I've entertained the notion of a sexual encounter with a woman. I can appreciate an attractive woman when I see one and I feel there is nothing wrong with that. I think I like to stress my own open-mindedness so as to encourage it in others.

So Argentina has now legalised same-sex marriage.

I read Germany, Luxembourg and Finland have proposed it as well and they are still considering it in Slovenia (help me out here opal)

Portugal and Iceland did it this year.

Europe is making lots of progress. And good for South America.

I read Germany, Luxembourg and Finland have proposed it as well and they are still considering it in Slovenia (help me out here opal)

Ah~! That's awesome, then! It always makes me happy when I hear news about this country or that country legalizing gay marriage, ahaha |3 *moar hope for humanity*

Let's see... hm, I'm actually not sure what I am yet; I don't want to say bi yet, though that's what it seems to be leaning towards, partly because that could change later on and partly because it feels to me like if I say I'm bi, some people will just call out "YOU'RE ONLY SAYING YOU'RE BI BECAUSE THAT'S THE ~IN~ THING FOR YOU KIDS TO BE LOLOLOL." :/ Hopefully, that's just my paranoia or the environment I've been raised in.

I... don't know... it's weird, it's like I'm half bi, half asexual. I feel romantic attraction to both genders and can appreciate bodies, but I *don't* get sexually attracted...

Ireland is getting civil partnerships. Some anti-gay campaigners of the "sanctity of marriage" variety are trying to get the president to refer it to the Supreme Court because they think giving civil partnerships similar rights to marriage is a violation of the consitutional guarantee of special protection to marriage. Gah. I wish 1916 had gone better, the Irish Declaration of Independence was way better than the 1937 Consitution.

I'm still pretty shocked at Portugal having passed the gay marriage law, considering our right-wing President. I like how we waited until immediately after the Pope left to do it (like, he left on Friday I think and the President officially legalized it on Monday or Tuesday, haha)

iirc Finland is going to vote on it in 2011 and it's expected to pass.
But yes, Europe is progressing at a pretty rapid pace and it's great that the rest of the world is too!
Europride or some equivalent was hosted in Poland of all places, but there was a pretty low attendance rate, and guys on the sidelines spouted hateful bullshit and threw eggs, but it's still good that there wasn't an all-out riot like in Moscow two/three years ago.

This was at this year's Moscow Pride:
37353_1507720971019_1174151253_1446386_3648075_n.jpg

...I'm not sure if I'm bi or not. I'm sexually attracted to both genders, but I'm only romantically attracted to men.

I think this might be what I am sort of. I'm not entirely sure. I've never had a crush on a girl personally, but... I can fap to them. And after a week or two I got over the shock of the prospect of my boyfriend becoming my girlfriend, though she began as a boyfriend and was that for two or three years. So I guess you could say I've never wanted to start a relationship with a girl before? But I've been in one with a girl and was okay with it. so um. I guess I'm probably bi with a slight preference for guys? Everybody here is more experienced and versed in this stuff, what do you guys think?

Are dickgirls acceptable? 'cause like yeah

I love these too

and also, VPLJ that picture's cute >: Damn

Last edited:
'Dickgirls' are intersex people, right? Are there not less offensive terms you guys could use? :/

I'm pretty sure Vixie considers herself to be one for now... or at least I do. :v Some intersex people I guess yeah, but pre-op MTFs work too I would think.

TRAPS are pretty hot

It's all personal preference really, you'd be surprised how many girls who have transitioned but kept their penises call themselves traps or other 'offensive' words.

sooooo i'm probably bi but kinda confused.

if i tell anyone it'll probably be my mom

though one of my friends is all like "BISEXUALITY IS JUST A ~STAGE~" and is basically of the mindset that if one identifies as bi then they are automatically gay.

uh no.

Back
Top Bottom