• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sexuality

Sexuality?

• I am heterosexual.

Votes: 99 44.8%
  • I am homosexual.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • I am bisexual.

Votes: 42 19.0%
  • I am pansexual.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • I am asexual.

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 33 14.9%

• Total voters
We have an English teacher who I'm almost 99% positive is gay (no purely straight man can exude such levels of camp!). One time in class, a guy said that a play he saw recently was "really gay". There was a stone cold silence when everyone looked at the guy. English teacher told the guy never to use such words again, while giving him the foulest look I've ever seen.

That's not the best story though. Apparently, once this teacher was chaperoning a year nine class doing a team-building outing. One activity involved rock-climbing. There was this one kid who was too afraid to climb the wall. One of the other kids said that "if you don't climb this wall, you're a poofter". English teacher excused himself, took the kid aside and yelled at him. And this is a teacher who never, ever gets mad at anything.

Haha, my teacher was the same - we were 99% sure she was gay. Although there was another teacher who we were all were absolutely certian was gay, and then there was a school trip and he brought along a woman he introduced as his fiancee and she spent all day being stared at.

There are many wonderful British words for 'gay' X3

Pfft, I remember as a young kid telling people to get bent. Had no idea what it meant, just thought I was telling people to get bent out of shape.

And I thought bugger had something to do with bugs :x Growing up English.

I think I'm either heteroromantic bisexual or biromantic asexual. Or heteroromantic asexual.

But I don't really know.

Then again I'm only sixteen and rather inexperienced so the asexual part will probably change later on.

EDIT: Just wondering... is it possible to be heteroromantic homosexual or homoromantic heterosexual? I guess it would be, but it does seem rather contradictory.

Last edited:
And I thought bugger had something to do with bugs :x Growing up English.
I love how relatively tame 'bugger' has become considering it explicitly means 'anal sex'. You hear old grannies and childrens' entertainers using it and they seemingly don't get the connotations. :)

Haha, my teacher was the same - we were 99% sure she was gay. Although there was another teacher who we were all were absolutely certian was gay, and then there was a school trip and he brought along a woman he introduced as his fiancee and she spent all day being stared at.
Well, that's why our English teacher is awesome. He seems to be deliberately mysterious (he's mentioned a 'partner' but never ever specified a gender...). And I'm sure that on the last day he'll whip out a picture of his stunningly-hot girlfriend just to prove us all wrong and laugh in our faces.

EDIT: Just wondering... is it possible to be heteroromantic homosexual or homoromantic heterosexual? I guess it would be, but it does seem rather contradictory.

It is. At least, homoromantic/hetreosexual. There was a certain point in history when romantic relationships between men were common place - they wrote long poems to each other, went out on occasions, almost as if they were dating. Given the time period, there was nothing sexual about the relationship. When the men married, they'd write sorrowful poems to each other. There's nothing to say that these men would be romantic with their wives but surely there were cases where the men preferred to romance their male partners rather than their wives.

Source: Humon Arts hooray

I love how relatively tame 'bugger' has become considering it explicitly means 'anal sex'. You hear old grannies and childrens' entertainers using it and they seemingly don't get the connotations. :)

Ever read Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card? He had an entire alien species called the Buggers. He renamed them in every subsequent book, whether because he found out this meaning or if he just liked the new name better or some other reason, I don't know.

Ever read Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card? He had an entire alien species called the Buggers. He renamed them in every subsequent book, whether because he found out this meaning or if he just liked the new name better or some other reason, I don't know.
Well, Card is a homophobic dick.

It is. At least, homoromantic/hetreosexual. There was a certain point in history when romantic relationships between men were common place - they wrote long poems to each other, went out on occasions, almost as if they were dating. Given the time period, there was nothing sexual about the relationship. When the men married, they'd write sorrowful poems to each other. There's nothing to say that these men would be romantic with their wives but surely there were cases where the men preferred to romance their male partners rather than their wives.

Source: Humon Arts hooray

That image touches upon a good deal of fetishes for me.
I so want to research this because it sounds very interesting!

Also I'm 16 and have never been in a relationship (i'm sorry but i can't take most high school level relationships seriously. pre-high school is even worse) so I'm not sure! I know that I quite fancy men, but the thought of having sex actually squicks me out. I'm so immature~

>implying relationships should be taken seriously in general

if it makes someone happy, who cares?

Back
Top Bottom