• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sexuality

Sexuality?

• I am heterosexual.

Votes: 99 44.8%
  • I am homosexual.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • I am bisexual.

Votes: 42 19.0%
  • I am pansexual.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • I am asexual.

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 33 14.9%

• Total voters
You're only thirteen. See how the next seven years go, then make your desicion.

foJs9.gif

^I'm not saying I'm not thirteen, I just think it's a little young to be judging. I'm not judging myself on that.

More specifically, gender refers to the norms and stereotypes society places on you. Little girls like pink, dresses, dolls, and frills. Little boys like blue, shorts, footballs, and mud. Women care about being pretty, crave emotional support, and have next to no sex drive but need one all at the same time. Men want to be manly and tough, are only in for the sex, and did I mention only in it for the sex?
What bugs me about this view of gender, sarcasm aside, is that if gender actually consists of the social stereotypes associated with it, it's a concept that quite frankly has no right to exist to begin with, and it carries with it the unfortunate implication that people who identify as a particular gender are somehow agreeing to the stereotypes associated with that gender.

I'm quite happy with my biological sex, but my interests and hobbies are more stereotypically masculine than feminine, and if I say I'm female, I do not want anyone to associate that with pink and dolls and dresses and frills. And when other biological females identify as male on the basis that their interests or hobbies are stereotypically masculine, it seems to be enforcing this divide between the masculine and feminine and implicitly associating everyone who identifies as female with "feminine" stereotypes. :/

Last edited:
I know this-I am a cisgendered female who enjoys lots of "masculine" things and not very many "feminine" things. And I am considered odd for it. My mom thinks that it's just a phase.

A 14-year long phase.

Society has to change these stereotypes. They hurt both men and women and force people to act the way they don't want to. Unfortunately, that means we have to change, and that is never easy.

"ok you want to be referred to as he and him and wish to be known as a guy BUT I'M STILL GONNA CALL YOU A GIRL BECAUSE I BELIEVE YOU ARE ONE"

why do people keep pulling this on me, man

...I never sad that. I said I was entitled to believe differently from you, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to refer to you by the gender pronouns you want to be called by.

And, I see where you're coming from now. I've mostly seen the two used interchangeably, so I made the assumption that they were the same.

Seriously Jason-Kun, you come off as very homophobic and transphobic to me some times.
Wait, where's this coming from? I'm not sure how you came cross the idea of me being homophobic,outside of me not wanting to be hit on by other guys.

As far as transphobic, yeah I wouldn't date a MTF transexual, but that doesn't mean I'd treat transexuals/transgenders ((what's the difference between these two?)) any differently from anyone else.

As far as transphobic, yeah I wouldn't date a MTF transexual, but that doesn't mean I'd treat transexuals/transgenders ((what's the difference between these two?)) any differently from anyone else.

well... I understand it as

that article I mentioned earlier said:
  • Trans gender (TG): Those who experience their gender identity or expression in profound conflict -- as a major mismatch -- with their assigned sex and things typically associated with that sex.

• Trans sexual (TS): Transsexual people generally feel that their assigned sex doesn't match their gender identity, and will sometimes seek out therapies or surgery to help them match the two. Sometimes, TS is only used to describe someone who is post-operative – who has had sexual reassignment surgery, and other times, trans gender and tran sexual are used interchangeably.

I suggest this article, I find it to be very helpful :B

outside of me not wanting to be hit on by other guys.

To a certain extent that part could be considered rather homophobic, as it's treating homosexuals as something bad (more specifically as worse than if a girl you didn't like in that way hit on you).

Gay men are, like, hypersexual when compared with straight men. It's one of those thingies, right. BASICALLY homosexual males are at the same time more masculine and more feminine than heterosexual males, and an increased sex drive is one of the "more masculine" traits.

Plus, mainstream 'gay culture' is largely centred on gay bars and hook-ups, so uh, you basically just go to a bar, drink lots, have sex, repeat. Apparently that can lead to relationships. OR you join lgbt groups etc. um. yeah.

I remember at the original vB TCOD, when we had this poll in 2007, the ratio of straights-to-others was about 70-30, while now, four years later it's about 40-60. How do you explain that? o.o

Bisexual, by the way.

At first I thought I was pansexual, but I'm pretty sure now that I'm straight. Much to my father's disappointment.

Well being transgendered I guess the issue of sexuality is a deep subject...

I mean, obviously the ignorant bigots in the world who see me as a man would say I'm homosexual but in the end it's how we identify as people, and I see my self as a heterosexual for I am a woman who is attracted to men o.o

Back
Top Bottom