• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

SGRUB [Signup]

>:T oh gog damnit this is getting annoying. hmmm. How many people here have steam? what IMs are at everyone's disposal? We should talk in the social group about this

Okay. Some discussion has begun in the chatroom (#tcod-SGRUB), so get in there if you would like - it's like a memo!

And Mawile has had to withdraw, sadly :( so we have one open slot, and our reserves. Reservers get your forms in ASAP please!

I have everything chosen and filled out except my character's symbol. Should I go ahead and post it so you can tell me if I need to fix anything/if they're not what you're looking for?

Warning: This is really long, because I am bad at not rambling about characters. MUCH OVERTHINKING AHOY.

Name: Chapel Alyhoc

Blood Colour:
bloodj.png

...Unless that's Vercin's blood color. In which case I can easily shift it up one.

Symbol: One of the Copper ones! Still trying to choose between the fifth, eighth, and eleventh symbols, though.

Trolltag: forgottenLuminary

Typing Quirk: ~You tend to speak in shorter burstS
~Capitalizing the first and last letters and nothing elsE
~Using no punctuation and beginning all speech with a tilde representing your chain weapoN
~And replacing all hyphens and abouts and arounds with tildes as welL
~Never any spaces after the tildE
~So it all looks ~like thiS

Lusus: Matheilda, a kangaroo with the facial shape/features, little beard, and horns of an ibex.

Title: Stranger of Light
Planet: Land of Mirrors and Shadow
Dream: Derse
Strife Specibus: Chainkind

Relations: None thus far.

Appearance: Skinny and slightly lanky, and very androgynous. They have the usual gray skin, yellow eyes, and black hair, cut in a shorter style, and they need to wear glasses to see. They wear a short-sleeved black shirt with their symbol on it, with a gray long-sleeved shirt underneath it, darker gray pants, and fingerless glovers of the same shade. They have a bit of an overbite, and their horns are long and go in opposite directions, one curving up and the other curving down, with hooks on the end.

They look like this:
Picture 1
Picture 2
...although these were drawn before their symbol was actually chosen, so that part is incorrect.

Personality: You're fairly solitary troll, but don't actually mind talking to other people. You don't reveal a lot of personal things about yourself, though. Among other things, you have no intention of telling anyone whether you're a BOY or a GIRL (or why you won't tell them), and are completely fine with people using whatever pronouns they so choose.
You're a bit more worried than you maybe should be about getting certain health problems, such as INSOMNIA and ARTHRITIS, and have taken an interest in HOMEOPATHY because of this. You wear GLOVES and occasionally COPPER BRACELETS to stave off arthritis (though your CHAIN WEAPON certainly doesn't help), and enjoy TEA and INCENSE in an effort to prevent insomnia, and also for other health benefits.
You are constantly running what seems to be a BENEFICIAL FEVER. You can't figure out why, and even though it doesn't seem to be a problem, it worries you.
You have assorted other interests, such as playing KETTLE DRUMS, and researching various PHYSICAL PROBLEMS such as assorted SICKNESSES and WOUNDS, as well as DEATH itself. These things have become a mild fascination with you. You are also pretty sure magic doesn't exist but sort of hope things like AURAS, ASTROLOGY, and FORTUNE-TELLING might be real anyway, though you won't often admit it.
You don't really consider yourself brave, but you get pretty intent when faced with a challenge and don't like to back down from it. You're practical and have a DRY SENSE OF HUMOR and don't tend to get angry very easily, so you tend to come across as PRETTY TEPID emotionally speaking. When you can't figure out what to do, you have a bad habit of FREEZING UP a little.

History: Chapel has always been pretty removed from most other trolls, living where they do. Their hive is actually right at the beginning of the desert's small mountains - or, rather, it starts at the beginning and runs right beneath it. It's a relatively small cavern system (luckily with its own supply of water, that Chapel tends to boil before drinking) and it uses minimal electricity. Heat and light at night, as well as protection from predators, comes from a fire near the cave entrance and torches. They don't stay inside at night often anyway, though they also never wander far. There's a small oasis nearby where they basically gather medicinal plants/herbs and supplies for tea, and they have to find food, which isn't as hard as it might sound. They're more of a scavenger than a hunter.

Earlier, when they were just a grub during their trials, Chapel actually did pretty well for themself. They weren't all that weak physically, even if they weren't especially strong, and they just didn't back down at any point. This caught the attention of their future lusus, who quickly chose to be their Custodian. Part of this was because ??? noticed Chapel's fever and decided they were sick, and promptly stuffed them into her pouch. Which was really gross by the way.

The desert was quickly decided on as their hive location; the heat during the day was meant to sweat the fever out of Chapel (though it never worked; luckily they learned to sleep through it in the shade of their hive), while they quickly found the cold night to be comfortable for them.

They were probably a pretty "normal" little grub (for trolls, anyway), but I honestly don't know many details about their grubhood yet. They got ahold of Trollian at a certain point, and they do like talking to people on it, but they're happy to stick around their Hive and mess around with their interests and hobbies for the most part.

Other: Okay. RANDOM THINGS IN A BULLET LIST TIME:

*They're surreptitiously trying to see if they can learn how to see auras.
*They have a good sense of smell and can analyze things by taste. Their eyesight is normal with their glasses and absolutely horrible without them. They don't have exceptionally good hearing.
*Their ancestor was something of a doctor and could glance into the future a bit by reading entrails or bones.
*Chapel's land is kind of a mysterious place, and pretty damn disorienting. It's not intensely dark, it's just shadowed, but there are mirrors and pieces of mirror and other things that cast reflections everywhere and it's probably really easy to get turned around. Other than that, it probably still resembles a desert, just one where the sun never comes out and it's always fairly cold.
*Their consorts may be some form of snake, and their quest may have something to do with getting the sun to come out - though with all those mirrors around everywhere, one may well wonder what the results of that might be.
*Their title, Stranger of Light, has a lot to do with how removed they are from everyone else, their habit of staying inside a lot, and how secretive they are about the more personal things about them. It also ties in nicely with their land's hidden sun, and their possible quest to restore it.
*They aren't opposed to filling quadrants, but don't show any real interest in it either.
*Their dreamself is not awake on Derse yet.

'Lett looks pretty good aside from the name - all trolls have six letters, first and last. But you've done excellent for one who hasn't gotten to the Hivebent section. Just fix that and you're good.

I'll be out most of today, so anything posted I probably won't be around for a few hours to look at, just a heads up.

Back
Top Bottom