• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Shadowlands

Flora

local hellion
Pronoun
they/he/it/neos
(Oh look I found a sign-up sheet.)

The Luxray, standing on the highest rock in his territory, looked over the lands that he ruled over. In only six months, he had managed to turn a fertile kingdom into what his resentful subjects now called the “Shadowlands,” a barren wasteland with no food or water. His delighted rise to power after murdering his brother, the former king, and driving his son out of the Pridelands had resulted in this. The Luxrays have resorted to looking for new territory in an attempt to keep their pride alive.

However, the little heir to the throne isn’t so little anymore, currently living in the jungle far away from his rightful kingdom. When several lions from the pride, including his childhood friend, encounter him and discover that, contrary to what their new king informed them, he's alive, can he return and take his kingdom back? Or will the knowledge that he apparently caused the death of his dad keep him from helping his pride?

(I have a bit of roleplayer's block so...uh...could one of you start?)

Several mosquitos were buzzing around.

A trunk shot out of nowhere and grabbed several.

"De-LIC-ious." the voice, clearly a girl, said.

(Not that great of a first post but meh)

Nuru rose up from his lying position. He was damn hungry, why weren't the Persians hunting? There's lots of prey left on the savannah. 'They're just lazy.'He opened his mouth and yawned for a good while, then, deciding to do something, he emerged from behind a rock and growled at the sight of the sleeping Persians.

They woke up and glared coldly at Nuru. "WHY aren't you out on the savannah hunting! I'm hungry, and Edward is not satisfied with your laziness!" He growled at them.

"There is no prey left, and you shouldn't act as the boss around here!" A Persian growled back. "Yeah, you're just here because you support Edward!" Another one said and took a daring step towards Nuru. However, Nuru just grinned madly and jumped forward to the Persian, raised his paw and -with claws out- scratched the Persans cheek. "Don't you dare talk to me like that! Consider this a warning! Now go hunt or face the wrath of our king!"

The hurt Persian retreated, it now had three pink lines across it's left cheek that almost resembled whiskers. The other Persians flocked around her and glared angrily at the only Luxray in the pack, muttering "That bastard Persian is not our king, Simba is." and "Simba will return and kick Edward off the throne". Nuru grinned and licked the blood off his claws "Simba's dead. Get over it."

"It may be so, but we will not give up our hopes." A Persian replied.

"Humph. Whatever." Nuru returned to behind the rock and laid down to get a little catnap.

Back
Top Bottom