• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Shiny Noctowl! :D

Butterfree

Still loves Joltik, though!
Staff member
Heartache staff
Pronoun
she/her
So I'm training my Ponyta on Route 216 in Diamond (trying to get it to evolve - cursed level 40 evolution!) while reading a fanfic and talking to people (yay for multitasking), and suddenly I encounter a Noctowl.

Which is sorta golden-yellow. And has HUGE SPARKLY STARS around it just in case I didn't notice yet that it's shiny. :o

So I open up #tcod!

<Butterfree> ...holy crap, I just found a shiny Noctowl.
<H-land> :O
<H-land> Catch it!
* Butterfree gets it in the first Quick Ball :D
<Butterfree> :D
<Butterfree> :D :D :D
<Butterfree> :D :D :D :D :D

And after some naming suggestions, I named him Sheen. Because my shinies are special and need nicknames.

For some statistics! This is my third shiny Pokémon ever; my previous ones are Shining the Gengar (caught as a Gastly) and Neil the Raticate (caught as a Rattata), both on FireRed, so it is my first one on Diamond or any game other than FireRed. It is also the fifth shiny I have ever seen; before catching Neil and Shining, I had seen a shiny Chansey in the Safari Zone, also on FireRed, which escaped me, and a shiny Jigglypuff belonging to a trainer in the Battle Tower on Sapphire (which doesn't really count). So yes, it's the first shiny I see on Diamond, too. I have hardly ever used the PokéRadar, so I have not found any shinies by chaining (unlike everybody else). Getting shinies that way is cheating. >:/

So yeah, I gots a shiny. :D

in b4 "lol Ash had a shiny Noctowl in the anime!"

Cool! One time, on my Pearl, I was going through a route and I encountered a random Shiny Ponyta. When I restarted my file a few months later, I got another Shiny Ponyta in the same exact place. It was really awesome and freaky at the same time.

I once found a Shiny Pokémon like that. I was just going through Victory Road on Sapphire, and I watched the Zubat shadow appear, which I thought was unusual. It was shiny and at level 27. I just stared at the screen for a minute then threw an Ultra Ball at it. I evolved it and Pal Parked onto my Pearl. It is now Crobat. I called it Greeny but now it's pink. Which was annoying and unexpected. But still, it is the 3rd shiny I've caught. On Sapphire I caught shiny Wingull and on Pearl I caught a shiny Starly. I deleted the game with the Wingull, because I thought it would be easy to find again.(AAAGH!) On Pearl when I caught the Starly I was going to trade a Chimchar and that Starly (cause it was shiny), but I didn't know you had to delete previous data to save. I had already traded over a Turtwig. My sister on her Crystal fought a Burglar with a Shiny Meowth. That is about it with Shiny's and me. Not many.:sad:

Maybe I need to play the games more obsessively, but the only shiny I found was a Drowzee on Route 34 in Silver. Still better than none.

Congratulations on this.

cheescake, that espeon is ALWAYS shiny on firered... trust me, I have it, in fact it's in my DS right now
Oh....heh. Well, I guess there was no point in taking those pictures of it.....this is embarrasing, lol.

OMG Butterfree! You are so lucky! Congrats! :D
I wish I had one like you. That was a great catch. Noctowl is my 2nd-favorite Flying type.
Good luck with your new birdie! :D

...I fail to see how chaining is cheating.

Buuuuut that's beside the point. Congrats on your Shiny Noctowl! It's a cool shiny.

...I fail to see how chaining is cheating.

Buuuuut that's beside the point. Congrats on your Shiny Noctowl! It's a cool shiny.
It's basically a way of choosing which Pokemon you see, therefore raising the chances of meeting a shiny Pokemon of that species. Also after a chain of 40+, the odds of seeing a shiny are increased.

Anyway, lucky. I've seen a shiny caterpie, shiny lombre, shiny banette and another...The only shiny I caught was a shiny Bibarel ;___;

Sweet!

A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away, I found a shiny taillow while I was training my pokemon in Sapphire to beat Roxanne. Then I was all like, "I am not getting a taillow for a change" And then it appeared and I'm all like, "It's that determined to make me get a taillow. All right then." *catches*

That's awesome. =D

I have yet to catch a shiny (On my own, I do have some from friends), as I've only seen an Exeggcute in the Safari Zone that got away.

I have a shiny Diglett, Dratini, and Pidgeotto in LG. :3

Grats! Noctowl is pretty fun to use, imo.

It's basically a way of choosing which Pokemon you see, therefore raising the chances of meeting a shiny Pokemon of that species. Also after a chain of 40+, the odds of seeing a shiny are increased.

The point being...?

The point being...?

The point being that you will be pretty much guranteed to find a shiny, which really nullifies the rarity and point of finding a shiny (bragging rights) because everyone has one. :/

Really, it's a pretty stupid idea. :|

Back
Top Bottom