• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

'Shipping Fan Club~

They're the perfect two people to discuss the laws of guydom, really. Their brains just work along the right lines, especially Xander. And all the little touches, like Oz insisting on the quotation marks and whatnot~

...Raine/Martel. Oh, man. xD They could, like, be horrible cooks together and scare the hell out of Kratos. NEW OTP. (Though I still love to entertain the idea that Harley = Raine's ex.)

*keeps the ball rolling even though there are, like, not a lot of 'ships in Disgaea*

One True Pairing Ship: Laharl/Flonne
Canon Ship: ...Rozalin/Adell, I guess...?
"If this happens, I will stab my eyes out with a spork" Ship: Etna/Laharl
"You're one sick bastard" Ship: Laharl/Vyers
"I dabble a bit" Ships: Etna/Flonne, Adell/Yukimaru
"It's like a car crash, but I can't look away" Ship: Gordon/Kurtis
"Tickles my fancy but not sold quite yet" Ship: Lamington/Vyers
"Makes no canon sense but why the hell not" Ship: Adell/Axel (yeah, I have headcanon for this)
"Everyone else loves it but I just don't feel it" Ship: Etna/Vyers
"When all is said and done" Ship: Prinny!Kurtis/Big Sis Prinny, clearly

(off-topic but I just noticed your sig. God, those French people. And you! How dare you be un-American, Danni! >|)

"Prinny!Kurtis/Big Sis Prinny"

Yesssss. So good.

Hehe, I love the idea of Raine/Martel, mostly because they're more or less the same person (though I can't really imagine Martel kicking someone in the face), just separated by a massive time barrier.

Haha, I've read every combination of Raine and the Asgard crew; Raine/Harley, Raine/Linar and Raine/Aisha. Good times XD

Umm, to pick another fandom with enough possible pairings to make it worthwhile... oh, screw it, I'll do a combination of my favourite musicals (Rent, Wicked, Ave Q):

One True Pairing Ship: Glinda/Elphaba
Canon Ship: Angel/Collins
"If this happens, I will stab my eyes out with a spork" Ship: Benny/Maureen
"You're one sick bastard" Ship: Kate Monster/Trekkie Monster
"I dabble a bit" Ships: Rod/Nicky, Fiyero/Boq
"It's like a car crash, but I can't look away" Ship: Glinda/Nessa
"Tickles my fancy but not sold quite yet" Ship: Mimi/Benny
"Makes no canon sense but why the hell not" Ship: Christmas Eve/Kate Monster (don't hate me)
"Everyone else loves it but I just don't feel it" Ship: Mark/Roger
"When all is said and done" Ship: Christmas Eve/Brian

Hee!

Raine and Martel would really have a great time getting together and talking about the people they know. "I know, right? I have exactly the same problem with Lloyd..." etc., etc.~

Never considered Glinda/Nessa, but... hmmm. Interesting...

Fandoms fandoms fandoms... oh let's say Persona 3 since I'm addicted

One True Pairing Ship: Yukari/Mitsuru
Canon Ship: Junpei/Chidori
"If this happens, I will stab my eyes out with a spork" Ship: Minato/Chihiro (did happen for me, and her clinginess was terrifying ; ;)
"You're one sick bastard" Ship: Ken/Shinjiro
"I dabble a bit" Ships: Mitsuru/Akihiko/Shinjiro
"It's like a car crash, but I can't look away" Ship: Ryoji/Aigis
"Tickles my fancy but not sold quite yet" Ship: Minato/Ryoji
"Makes no canon sense but why the hell not" Ship: Minato/Akinari
"Everyone else loves it but I just don't feel it" Ship: Akihiko/Junpei
"When all is said and done" Ship: Minato/Everyone

(have you played P3, Danni? Because if not, I highly recommend it.)

this hurts me inside

Uh, I never really 'shipped anyone within KH, not massively, although it's a fun universe to just have all the Final Fantasy characters together, so you can ship people from different games willy-nilly.

I ship everyone on Torchwood. I grin like a loon every time one of them suggests they all have an orgy.

Mm... KH? I like Roxas and Demyx~ And also Roxas and Axel. And Roxas and Riku. All for different reasons mind you. ARE YOU SENSING A PATTERN HERE?

...uhm. I can also go for Sora/Kairi/Riku, kinda. But not any two combined. I think I'm the only person in the universe who isn't head over heels for Soriku, but I dunno, I just... don't really feel any of that stuff.

Buuut Roxas and Demyx because total bromance there. Really. And Roxas and Axel because d'awww I like it onesided (on Axel's side) but you could make it established too. And I like Roxas and Riku kinda sorta because you've got the whole Sora-Riku-Roxas-Axel thing going on and Riku and Roxas are really the most, idk, angry and stuff of that group so they kinda fit.

/rambling

(does that answer your question? :D)

I don't ship any of the Disney characters ever and I barely ship the others but I keep ending up with subtext-y ficbits so!

I have a soft spot in my heart for Roxas/Demyx (... and XigDem, LuxDem, and as of last night, apparently Demyx/Marluxia and I don't even KNOW how that got there) and Riku/Roxas. sigh I LIKE BAD ENDINGS. JUST NOT ROXAS/AXEL OR ROXAS/XION OR AXEL/XION TYPE BAD ENDINGS. Adorable pairings need happy endings :< this is probably since KHR fandom has completely killed my interest in usually-fluffy things ending tragically since in 90% of all Yamamoto/Gokudera or Gokudera/Tsuna fic
TSUNA DIES, GOKUDERA GOES CRAZY, YAMAMOTO IS GOKUDERA'S SUICIDE WATCH FOR THE REST OF THEIR VERY BRIEF LIVES
and that's just ... come on guys please stop with that particular form of angst
it makes me sad inside
Gokudera should be fighting with Yamamoto over who is the BESTEST RIGHT-HAND-MAN EVER and Gokudera should be desperately trying to convince Tsuna he's competent and Tsuna should be trying to get Gokudera and Yamamoto to GET ALONG THEY'RE BOTH HIS BEST FRIENDS IT'S OKAY HONEST please put down the explosives Gokudera
My tastes for any combination of Axel/Roxas/Xion are pretty similar for my tastes of any combo of Tsuna/Yamamoto/Gokudera: stupid antics are a++, angst is depressingly canon and 90% of fic ends up involving it, confrontations over their GIANT FUNDAMENTAL ISSUES (Axel is a big fat liar; Gokudera is an insecure little jerk; Roxas and Yamamoto are both GIANT FRIENDLY IDIOTS though in completely different ways; Xion is a true existential hero) are super awesome. But only if they're done in ways that don't involve anyone dying. That's not cool. If I wanted deathfic I'd be reading stuff that doesn't involve any of those pairing groups.

Actually, I kind of see Axel as angriiiiiier though Roxas has no tolerance for bullshit ever. He's still pretty happy fluffy Sora-clone (and man didn't Days hurt me for that @_@ I LIKED SOCIOPATH-ROXAS I guess I will just have to stick with being fond of sociopath-Demyx. At least that's still fairly likely.) while Axel is ... a very desperate stray puppy. He might refuse to acknowledge that he peed behind the couch but he means well and wants attention foreverrrrr
MEANWHILE back on Roxas/Riku (Axel/Sora's similar too and also A++ and recently I found an Axel/Kairi fic that was awesome! What is this!) Roxas is all like WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT and Riku's like ... ; ; I AM LONELY AND DARK AND YOU ARE VAGUELY LIKE MY BFF AND I MUST DEFEAT YOU!! and meanwhile they're both idiots

none of the preceding post accurately describes my opinions on this

(BUT YES)

Noo, I agree Axel is angrier, it's just like you said, Roxas does not tolerate idiocy and if you stick him and Riku together I feel like sparks would fly. Axel/Sora~~ I have this friend who adores RikuRoku and sees it as Riku seeing Sora in Roxas, buut I've never seen it that way, just as two people who have some issues to work out and some stuff in common; Axel/Sora on the other hand <3 Definitely replacement stuff there. And I mean, Axel's dying scene...? Ye-ah.

That AxelKairi fic... ohman <3 The thing about the hearts missing and everything... just, squee. I love people who make slightly weird stuff like that work. It's cool~

Roxas/Demyx is just all "dude, we're surrounded by crazy people, wanna go chill?" Uh, or something. I dunno. It's cool though! :D

(YAY)

I cannot stand any KH fic I've ever read that involves anyone in Organisation XIII. They annoyed the absolute hell out of me and the whole Axel/Roxas pairing drives me up the wall just because it's EVERYWHERE.

I know that's a pretty bad reason to dislike it, but I just hate Organisation XIII and wonder why the hell such a flat, disinteresting, lame-ass plot arc can get so much attention.

The first game, on the other hand, was cute as. :3 And Sora/Kairi/Riku is really awesome. I think I'm actually a fan of Riku/Kairi more than I am of Sora/Kairi. Sora/Riku is kind of cute if it focuses more on the friendship aspect. I think 95% of all KH fic ever is proper slash though, and I haven't seen much Sora/Riku anyway.

Goddamn that stupid Organisation. :/ It really puts me off going too deeply into the fandom at all.

See, one of the great things about OXIII is that there are giant plot holes everywhere. Pretty much all of them lack a backstory (though
Axel and Saix were apparently bff until Axel dumped Saix
Xigbar and Lexaeus and Xaldin were SECURITY GUARDS pfft though I am still assuming they're scientists too since year, and Zexion was adopted by a guy who is quite possibly Sora's dad until Even/Vexen was like ... WAIT. WHY IS TINYSCIENTIST FOLLOWING A KEYBLADE MASTER AROUND Ienzo get back over here
) so people can make stuff up. It's fun. And they all have ACTUAL PERSONALITIES by this point so \o\ /o/

It is a lame-ass plot arc but that is super okay. FFVII has how many fans? It sucked ass. But hey!
ZACK IS IN BIRTH BY SLEEP FUCK YEAH wait why is he yet again on the console I don't own

Riku/Kairi is nearly always better than Sora/Kairi or Sora/Riku, yeah, but that's mainly because the Riku/Kairi fans are consistently SoRiKai fans who're at the moment going for RiKai and not so much of the Sora. Both of the other two are often filled with RABID FANGIRLS

Also Demyx/Roxas, like all Demyx pairings, is impossible to take seriously. I would not be surprised if he would try to buy Roxas dinner to get Roxas to do his work for him. O WAIT HE DOESN'T HAVE TO Demyx please stop forcing Roxas to do everything for you you lazy bum

*is spoiled for 358/2 buuut doesn't care that much*

Demyx/Roxas might be a little hard to take seriously, but who needs SRS BZNS ANGST PAIRINGs all the time? =\ Though I'm currently mad at Demyx because I GOT ALL THE CHESTS IN THAT MISSION YOU JERK GIVE ME THE SOMETHING GOOD

okay, crossover time. Neku/Roxas, Neku being from TWEWY. I swear they would be perfect together, they'd always be all "I know, right!?", why doesn't anyone believe meeee?

Did you check the BBS spoilers? They are totally awesome and almost entirely NOT PLOT RELEVANT so. I mean like IENZOOOOOOO omg I would hug him foreverrrrr

I don't even like angst in my angsty pairings.

DEMYX IS A LAZY BUM AND ALSO A JERK relatedly I had tons of trouble getting Luxord to get off his ass and GIVE ME THE DAMN REWARD I SYNTHESIZED WHAT YOU WANTED ME TO.

I've never played TWEWY. >D

From LJ~ x3

Pick up to 15 OTPs.
Describe them in 15 words or less.
Have your flist guess the OTP.

I have my doubts about how possible these will be to guess, but who knows. I did use a few more or less quotes, so... *shrug* Fandoms are, in no particular order, Tales of Symphonia, Persona 3, Exit Fate, Buffy, Disgaea, and TWEWY.

1. Sparks fly in a bad way... until they realize that they're basically the same person.
2. We have more in common than we thought - we have to take a bath together!
3. Snuggles and kittens and magic, oh my! You could never be a demon~
4. Even if they lie to everyone around them, they've gotta stick together.
5. Tsundere plus ditz? Come on, now - you can't deny you're being sweet to her.
6. Just hormones, or does something in him see something in her, and vice versa?
7. I trust you, but apologies aren't enough. How do I know who you really are?
8. For all you act, you're really a good person. I trust you, you know that?
9. Death is inevitable for all. I'm glad it - no, he - came for me early.
10. No, I don't think you can change. I think you're an evil, crazy bitch, actually.
11. Eight years is a long time? Not long enough to stop me loving you.
12. You've got his love, and he's got yours. No room for me, huh?
13. Together from the start, two can still become three. A voice of reason isn't bad.
14. No matter the circumstance, he's the first thing on my mind. Unnecessary? No, it's not.
15. An imperfect imitation? Not from her point of view... can't you love her, too?

Let's guess each other's crazy pairings!

Hehe! I know what 3 is! :D <33
And I think 8 is Lloyd/Zelos, though 7 kinda fits?

Oh, I am bad at this; can you label which fandom each pairing is from to make it a little easier? 'Cause I'm stumped at the moment and feel really silly x3

Haha, you got 8 right. And ffft, three is obvious but it's so made of adorable I couldn't make it not-obvious.

...sure. *labels fandoms*

1. Sparks fly in a bad way... until they realize that they're basically the same person. (Exit Fate)
2. We have more in common than we thought - we have to take a bath together! (Persona 3)
3. Snuggles and kittens and magic, oh my! You could never be a demon~ (Buffy - guess by Danni~)
4. Even if they lie to everyone around them, they've gotta stick together. (Symphonia)
5. Tsundere plus ditz? Come on, now - you can't deny you're being sweet to her. (Disgaea)
6. Just hormones, or does something in him see something in her, and vice versa? (Buffy)
7. I trust you, but apologies aren't enough. How do I know who you really are? (TWEWY)
8. For all you act, you're really a good person. I trust you, you know that? (Symphonia - guessed by Danni~)
9. Death is inevitable for all. I'm glad it - no, he - came for me early. (Persona 3)
10. No, I don't think you can change. I think you're an evil, crazy bitch, actually. (Buffy)
11. Eight years is a long time? Not long enough to stop me loving you. (Exit Fate)
12. You've got his love, and he's got yours. No room for me, huh? (Symphonia)
13. Together from the start, two can still become three. A voice of reason isn't bad. (Persona 3)
14. No matter the circumstance, he's the first thing on my mind. Unnecessary? No, it's not. (Ace Attorney)
15. An imperfect imitation? Not from her point of view... can't you love her, too? (Symphonia)

Do your own? *puppydog eyes~*

...ohh, btw, is that signature a House quote? I know I've heard it before.

Danni's quote was said by Giles, wasn't it? I can't remember it ever happening in the show, but I heard it in my head with his voice, so yeah. Either I'm right or I am too obsessed with Buffy. XD

Salamander: 7 is Neku/Joshua? And I suppose 14 is Phoenix/Edgeworth? I pretty much forget other PW ships exist, so I might be wrong there. X3

...I wanna do it too, but I can't think of 15 ships I really like... so I'm gonna do the other one, for Buffy! Since I don't think I've done it yet.

One True Pairing Ship: Buffy/Spike
Canon Ship: Uh... Buffy/Spike.
"If this happens, I will stab my eyes out with a spork" Ship: Would have said Giles/Anya, but... I... I... I kind of like it after it happened in TR @_@ Okay, Spike/Anya. Yeah, I know. X3
"You're one sick bastard" Ship: Angelus/anyone, I suppose.
"I dabble a bit" Ships: Buffy/Xander
"It's like a car crash, but I can't look away" Ship: Giles/Ethan! And Giles/Buffy to a (very) certain degree.
"Tickles my fancy but not sold quite yet" Ship: Buffy/Faith
"Makes no canon sense but why the hell not" Ship: Drusilla/Vamp!Willow. I have no idea. But it would be glorious.
"Everyone else loves it but I just don't feel it" Ship: Willow/Tara, Buffy/Angel
"When all is said and done" Ship: Xander/Dawn

Durr, it's Giles. Of course. Yeah, I remember now.

Yeah, you got both of those right.

Ffft, Drusilla/Vamp Willow. xD That is lovely. Just lovely.

And Xander/Dawn seems like it might be cute.. Still a diehard Xander/Cordelia shipper though (whyyyy did she have to leave D:)

Aww, I adored Xander/Cordelia as well. :( I started to like her much more than I ever thought I would. They were so adorable together.

Xander/Dawn is so obvious in the Season 8 comics (to me, at least, though since Buffy/Xander apparently becomes canon...), has anyone read any of it? It's absolutely crazy, but occasionally very good. I especially like how it keeps putting characters together that had little to no contact in the show, like the Giles/Faith team. <3

EDIT: Oh crap, I just realised we specifically made a Buffy club to avoid digression. XD *is a dolt*

Well, uh... uh... I started watching Avatar! And it's awesome and sorta shippy! :D;

Back
Top Bottom