• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Sinnoh Folk Story 2

Celebi tries to back away a bit more, but shutters in pain. She looks at the one that asked if they could help her. She falls silent, looking at the lake behind the strange pokemon before her. She then whimpers softly.

"I need...to get to the water...to pure clean water..."

Shana looks at the water silently, then back at Celebi. She walks forward towards the sickly pokemon, leaning down to her.

"...I'll bring you to the water..."

She then looks back at her team, searching for the water pokemon among them.

"...would any of you know Aqua Ring? If you do, once I bring Miss Celebi to the water, please use it to aid her recovery"

Celebi stares at her silently, then nods. She closes her eyes and uses the remaining strength within her to fly onto Shana's head. Once she landed, her body becomes completely limp. Shana raises back to her feet and walks over to the lake. She leans her head down and lets Celebi to slip into the water.

Bob watches Shana dip Celebi into the water. He sighs, thinking about how sweet Celebi might be if she wasn't so sick. He walks over. Partly to Shana, he asks, "Is there anything I can get you, Celebi?"

Shana looks at Bob, thinking for a few moments.

"...could you find some Oran or Sitrus Berries?"

Celebi, opens one of her eyes, floating in the water on her back.

"...yes...berries...I..I haven't been able to eat...or find food..."

Luna had heard Shana's request to get berries, but immediately took it to herself and dashed off into a thicket of trees. She could smell the scent of berries, and it wasn't far until she reached a low branch with tons of Oran berries. She picked four and raced back to Celebi.

Thorn had slithered after the others, and now went into the lake, moaning again. She took a few deep gulps of water to flow through her gills, then said, "Us Gyarados aren't very good with healing stuff, sorry. And we can't learn Aqua Ring anyway." She looked around and added, "In fact, I don't think any of us can learn Aqua Ring. Although Luna can learn Moonlight."

Bob kneeled down with one arm on his knee, watching Celebi float in the water. "I hope she's going to be okay.... She's cute...." He got into a sitting position, dipping his feet into the water.

Thorn was thinking otherwise. Cute? It looks more like an overlarge, green onion with a tiny body and face tacked onto it. However, she kept this unfriendly comment to herself, and helped pour water onto Celebi.

Arkra watched them help Celebi, doubting there was much she could do. She didn't know Aqua Ring and certainly no healing moves. So-

-Wait... The Poochyena suddenly heard a slightly faint sound in the distance, she perked her ears. It sounded like something rustling through the grass... was it footsteps...? Yes.. perhaps somebody was coming... but who...? And the more pressing question, were they friendly or hostile? As the sound came closer and closer, she could smell a faint scent... but could not distinguish if it was human or Pokemon.

"Do you.. hear that...?" Perhaps it was her feverish imagination... who could possibly get through that overgrown tangle of vines called a forest...? But the sound was getting gradually louder.

Shana's ears flick, catching the sound of something approaching. She walks over to Arkra, leaning down to her.

"So..you've heard it too..."

She looks up at her team, then at the floating Celebi.

"Everyone, continue to pour water onto Celebi. It's a shame that one one knows Aqua Ring, but as long as we continue to give her berries and use whatever healing we have...She should recover enough to fight back her illness"

Celebi floats over to the ledge, grabing one of the berries to nibble on. She thanks Luna quietly for the berries, and Thron for pouring water on her. Her coloring slowly starts to fade back to it's normal shading.

"..Thank...you..."

Shana looks down at Arkra, smiling a bit.

"So..Shall we see what the noise was?"

She then starts to walk into the forest, her ears perked to catch the many sounds of a living forest.

>My hearing isn't as good as yours,< says Bob. >so I leave you up to that task. Unless you need a backup fighter.< He demonstrates Machamp's ability to throw 1,000 punches in two seconds, 250 for each hand. Of course, he avoids hitting Celebi.

"No," said Thorn grumpily. "I came out of the water to get Celebi. I am not getting out of it just because you heard something that could perfectly well be a wild Oddish or something."

Shana calls back to the team after picking up Thorn's comment.

"I meant for me and Arkra, Thorn! I didn't mean that everyone is to come...And Bob, I'kk be sure to call on you if we run into trouble out here"

"If you do need help, I can fire Hydro Pumps or Hyper Beams. I can also fire Ice Beams, Flamethrowers, Thunderbolts, and Dragon Pulses. As long as you tell me what your up against, I can pretty much handle it," she said in a bit of a softer voice.

Arkra nodded to Shana. So... she heard it too. Who knew what it was...? She didn't like the thought of looking for this mysterious guest of theirs. What if whoever it was was hostile...? But she had to follow the leader's orders, so she went to follow the Arcanine.

Lyle didn't feel he'd do any good, pouring water on the legendary when everyone else was to do the same, and knew that he hadn't been directly ordered against following. Besides, he was curious as to what it was. It was probably nothing at all, but it would be better than using his tiny hands to pour water on Celebi - his psychic powers weren't great with liquids.

He dropped his backpack by the edge of the pool.

Not bothering to really be inconspicuous, though avoiding making any noise, he phased and drifted after the two canines. Perhaps he couldn't hear or smell as well as they could, but he could naturally sense where souls were. He wouldn't be caught by surprise.

"It is up to you if you want to come, but not too many should. We don't want to scare off what may be out here before we find it"

Shana starts to leap over the many roots that poked out of the ground, her ears still perked for sound. She then hears a rustle in a bush near by. She lowers herself to the ground and starts to approach it carefully, stalking whatever was in the bush. When she was close enough to the bush, she sniffs the air a bit to try to figure out what was in there. She then sighs, hitting the bush so that a single Ratta would run out of it in a flash. She chuckles a bit, calling over to Arkra.

"It was only a Ratta, my dear. Nothing to be- ...well, well...what do we have here?"

She looks down at the bush, good sized round yellow berries growing from them. She let out a bark for those that followed her to came over to where she was.

"I found some Situs berries, mind helping me bring these back to the lake?"

She then starts to gather up the berries as best as she could in her Arcanine form.

Arkra trudged over to Shana, so it was just a Rattata...

She was a bit embarassed. It had been a while since she had had the chance to transform, she wasn't quite accustomed to the refined sense of hearing. But she supposed that it had done them some good, it lead them to some berries.

The Poochyena plucked as many Sitrus berries as she could hold in her mouth, it wasn't much, but it was the best she could do without hands. She felt guilty, thinking in her mind that her Pokemon form wasn't as useful as the others. And really, what can Poochyena do anyway? Arkra thought.

Well... they have a strong bite... She doubted that a strong bite would be useful. It certainly wasn't useful in helping her gather the berries, her sharp fangs kept threatening to squash them into juice, she had to hold them very carefully.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom