• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Song Choice Mafia III: The Gilded Cage (ALIEN WIN)

Re: Song Choice Mafia III: The Gilded Cage

I've seen games with mafia wins where the mafia conceal themselves as inspectors and the like for the entire game and get away with it ?_? which isn't very inconspicious at all! very bold, actually, especially since you can go down really hard if you mess it up.

but yeah, I don't really understand your logic. Flora's entirely right. millers are a waste of a role, and unless you tell us what you can do I'm not going to be inclined to change my vote u__u also I regularly play in a style that avoids no-lynch days regardless of my alignment and I know other people do that also. you're our only lead and millers are usually drags on the game.

also (whoops) don't millers usually flip mafia on death? or is that a offshoot of the regular miller? GM clarification for what the rules would be on that could be helpful!

I'm inclined to lynch any miller claims on policy. On top of that, yiran does appear to be acting unusual. But, he's one of the newer mafia players, so. Although, this bit did strike me as highly sketchy:

PM me if you trust me?

I think yiran kind of evades the miller-autolynch policy by having a power, but I would like to hear what it is. Until then, yiran seems like a likely candidate for mafia member.

also (whoops) don't millers usually flip mafia on death? or is that a offshoot of the regular miller? GM clarification for what the rules would be on that could be helpful!

In my experience, most of the time millers flip innocent on death, and the ones that flip mafia get the special title of death miller.

oh, that's right! i'm rusty on my mafia terminology, clearly!!

Looks like you made a big mistake, buddy, no matter how you flip.

yiran, you're gone. Sorry dude.

The songs seem to have reached a consensus, and gather around Still Alive. Their name was about to become a very cruel irony.

Lollipop, grinning, came up and stuck one of her titular sweets in the song's mouth, patting him on the head and skipping off. 12 Trolls was the one to step up to do the deed, pulling out Ahab's Crosshairs and, with a pull of the trigger, blasting a hole clean through Still Alive.

They fell back onto the stage with a dull thud, their charred flesh sizzling and smoking. A sour chord rang out, and for the first time this group of songs witnessed the great claw of the Beast reach out, dragging the body away.

Yiran is dead. They were Innocent. 24 hours.

(Just for the record, I might be a little late posting the Day today. It's Colours' birthday and we're going to be out and about doing stuff. But it will be up before the end of the day)

The spotlights flare to life once again, but things are a little different this time.

The first sign is an odd trail of what looks like swirled-together paint leading down the hallway leading to the stage. The paint had been splattered on the walls, as if whatever had caused them had been dragged out.

As they looked up on the stage, the sight startled them.

shitimded.png

There was The Technicolour Phase, dangling by his shredded-open neck above the floor from the catwalk by some wiring. His odd, multicoloured blood slowly ran down the length of his body and dripped onto the stage below. His eyes were open, and his normally stoic face was frozen into a look of surprise and terror.

Coloursfall is dead. He was Innocent. 24 hours.

Last edited:

How come I feel cruel irony played a part in this.

In other news... this is sad.

Oh damn not Colours... :'(

So umm... any cops with a lead? Or are we just going to pick off the over-talkative ones as usual?

Poor Colours...

I've got nothing, just wanted to check in to show I'm active.

...well crap.

So we are waiting on a Cop with a lead?

...but seriously. What a way to go, goddamn.

Well, that explains the lack of deaths last night if the flavour text means anything. I'm guessing colours was an alien? Which given their song probably makes sense. Never mind if the flavour is meaningless or if all the songs are like that though...

...Oh.
/Oh/.
Um.

Well that... sure is a thing isn't it.

Right, do we have any word from the inspector, or would they prefer to stay hidden for now? I think having someone confirmed innocent or Mafia (now that there's [probably] no miller risk) might be a good thing.

Or are we just going to pick off the over-talkative ones as usual?

I'm kinda confused as to what you mean by this.

We picked off yiran yesterday because of his spontaneous miller claim and general defensiveness, not because of over-talkativeness if that's what you're getting at. (Or other Song Choice Mafia games maybe? I wouldn't know because I haven't been in any of the others)

Also, Lyra: any reason for abstaining? (Not nominating or anything, just a curiosity)

well, i guess there's just nobody i'm really willing to pick on for inactivity on day 2 u__u and it doesn't look like anyone's coming forward with anything. i guess i'll vote for abstaining so the game can continue.

Back
Top Bottom