• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sonic Rainboom vs. bulbasaur (ref: Squornshellous Beta)

Nice, Hoopla! Take this time to chill/relax, then hit him HARD with Solarbeam to make the most out of the remaining sun.Chill again.

Chill~Solarbeam~Chill

Well that was just dandy, wasn't it? I don't know how you can hear me, but I'd like you to Sleep talk while you're asleep. If and when you wake up (not for another three rounds, but oh well), Blizzard then Icy Wind, then Sleep Talk so you don't get confused by the conditionals.

Sleep Talk/Blizzard~Sleep Talk/Blizzard/Icy Wind~Sleep Talk/Blizzard/Icy Wind

5 vs. 5 Single
Switch
DQ Time: 1 week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Pokemon: Every Pokemon that's evolved.
Banned Moves: OHKOs, all healing moves (not draining ones)
Arena: A plain. No effects.
Team Sonic Rainboom
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Hoppip
Hoopla (Female)
Ability: Chlorophyll
Health: 67%
Energy: 44%
Status: Ifeelgood!Again! Attack -1, special defense +2; Worry Seed forgotten; Frozen (moderate; can no longer fly, speed reduced to seven-eights, extra energy on attacks requiring movement); Chlorophyll in effect.
Commands: Chill ~ Solarbeam ~ Chill

Team bulbasaur
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Buizel
Cuprum (Male)
Ability: Swift Swim
Health: 54%
Energy: 65%
Status: ZZZZZZzzzzZZ... Seeded (3% per round), asleep (moderate; three more rounds).
Commands: Sleep Talk / Blizzard ~ Sleep Talk / Blizzard / Icy Wind ~ Sleep Talk / Blizzard / Icy Wind
Item: Oran Berry

Round 4 Begin!

Even with her burst of energy, Hoopla feels tired. So, she decides, may as well have a nice rest - that Buizel gets one, after all, albeit forced on him. She ceases her hyperactive zooming around and lands, lowers her leaves and drifts off for just a short while. Cuprum, meanwhile, begins muttering in his sleep, and then suddenly gets up; his eyes, although open, are blank, and it is clear that he is still asleep. He wanders dozily over to Hoopla, all the while funelling energy into his fist, and when he reaches her, he displays the most activity so far: he smashes his fist down on her, hard, causing her to squeal and wake up.

He collapses back over almost instantly, but now she's angry. She begins charging solar energy - visible as her leaves taking on an intense white glow - and then forms it into an orb in front of her, firing as a massive, painfully bright beam straight for Cuprum. It engulfs him, and for a second nothing is visible; when the beam dies away, there is actual steam rising from his body, such is the intensity of the Solarbeam attack. As though in retaliation, he gets up, sleeping, once more; this time, though, he begins stamping on the ground in a manner almost amusing, at least until the ground beneath Hoopla explodes upwards and engulfs her, leaving her trapped beneath a pile of rocks.

Still, she figures, this darkness is the perfect location to finish her nap; so she nods off to sleep again, leaving Cuprum free to do his own thing. He raised his arms high, quite dramatically for a sleeping Pokémon, and then suddenly a coat of water seemingly explodes out of him. It grows until it is a swirling orb of water, then he launches, flying through the air inside his bubble, which also leaves a trail of water behind it. Amusingly, the whole thing looks somewhat like some watery snake had burst out of the ground and is devouring Cuprum, or at least the referee thinks so; maybe she just makes weird connections. The whole thing goes crashing into the pile of rocks wherein Hoopla is situated, plows straight through, and emerges on the other side with a squealing Hoopla on the front; her nap has been interrupted yet again! Has this Buizel no courtesy?

As Cuprum lets his water-snake melt and drop to the ground, he faceplants quite amusingly as gravity once again reclaims him. Suddenly, the intensified sunlight fades away, and Hoopla feels her energy fading along with it.

Round 4 End!

Team Sonic Rainboom
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Hoppip
Hoopla (Female)
Health: 40% (CAPPED)
Energy: 54%
Status: No more sun :( Attack -1, special defense +2; Worry Seed forgotten; Frozen (moderate; can no longer fly, speed reduced to seven-eights, extra energy on attacks requiring movement).
Attacks Used: Chill ~ Solarbeam ~ Chill

Team bulbasaur
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Buizel
Cuprum (Male)
Health: 30%
Energy: 38%
Status: ZZZZZZzzzzZZ... Seeded (3% per round), asleep (moderate; two more rounds).
Attacks Used: Sleep Talk (Ice Punch) ~ Sleep Talk (Rock Tomb) ~ Sleep Talk (Waterfall)

Damage / Energy Calculations
Chill - restored 10% energy (Hoopla)
Sleep Talk (Ice Punch) - 15% damage, 9% energy (accuracy roll 94, needed 100 to miss)
Solarbeam - 21% damage, 10% energy (accuracy roll 26, nedded 100 to miss)
Sleep Talk (Rock Tomb) - 7% damage, 9% energy (accuracy roll 61, needed 80 or above to miss)
Chill - restored 10% energy (Hoopla)
Sleep Talk (Waterfall) - 6% damage, 9% energy (accuracy roll 34, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- Rock Tomb did not cause Hoopla to flinch.
- Nor did Waterfall.

Arena Notes
- An area of the ground is quite wet where Waterfall collapsed; from above, the shape would resemble a curving rectangle with a semicircle on the end.

Next Round
- bulbasaur attacks
- Sonic Rainboom attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
EDITED

Anyways, that was some good work there, Cuprum. However, you're getting dangerously low on health, so Sleep Talk once, or, if you decide to wake up from your sleep, Blizzard. Switch to Bromine after the first action, regardless of whether you woke up.

Bromine, try to dodge the two attacks that will inevitable be fired at you. At least they won't be Super Effective. Next round is where the action begins.

Sleep Talk/Blizzard~Switch to Bromine~Null

Last edited:
Knew I'd missed something. I'll get the hang of this eventually.

Also, the round ends as soon as a switch occurs, so if you want to change your orders based on that, feel free.

Hoopla, that weasel that caused you so much pain is leaving! Give him a parting Giga Drain (HP), then Reflect, then one Bromine comes out, try to Sleep Powder Bromine.
Giga Drain(HP)~Reflect~Sleep Powder

5 vs. 5 Single
Switch
Team Sonic Rainboom
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Hoppip
Hoopla (Female)
Health: 40% (CAPPED)
Energy: 54%
Status: No more sun :( Attack -1, special defense +2; Worry Seed forgotten; Frozen (moderate; can no longer fly, speed reduced to seven-eights, extra energy on attacks requiring movement).
Commands: Giga Drain (HP) ~ Reflect ~ Sleep Powder

Team bulbasaur
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Buizel
Cuprum (Male)
Health: 30%
Energy: 38%
Status: ZZZZZZzzzzZZ... Seeded (3% per round), asleep (moderate; two more rounds).
Commands: Sleep Talk / Blizzard ~ Switch (Bromine)

Round 5 Begin!

Hoopla is rather irritated now that she has lost the energy boost from the sun. Unfortunately, this also meant that even in his sleep, the Buizel is faster than her, and he stands up, muttering; he darts towards her at a ludicrous speed, then hits her in the head quite weakly before darting away. She glares at him and, once again, lets the flower on his back open wide and siphon some of his energy to her, before closing again.

Before she can make another move, though, Cuprum's trainer recalls him, sending out a Vulpix in his place. The referee announces the end of the round, leaving Hoopla glaring incredulently at the new combatant.

Round 5 End!

Team Sonic Rainboom
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Hoppip
Hoopla (Female)
Health: 45%
Energy: 47%
Status: AFTER ALL MY HARD WORK? Attack -1, special defense +2; Worry Seed forgotten; Frozen (moderate; can no longer fly, speed reduced to seven-eights, extra energy on attacks requiring movement).
Attacks Used: Giga Drain (HP)

Team bulbasaur
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Vulpix
Bromine (Female)
Ability: Flash Fire
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Attacks Used: Sleep Talk (Pursuit) ~ Switch (Bromine)

In Reserve
Ani418MS.png

Cuprum (Male)
Health: 15%
Energy: 35%
Status: ZZZZZZzzzzZZ... Seeded (3% per round), asleep (moderate; five more actions).

Giga Drain - 12% damage, restored 6% health (Hoopla), 7% energy (accuracy roll 43, needed 100 to miss)
Sleep Talk (Pursuit) - 4% damage, 3% energy (accuracy roll 94, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- When I say that the round ends after a switch, I mean immediately.
- Sleep Talk called Pursuit. Ahahahahahahaha. Delicious irony.
- Another short round, I am sorry guys. I have no excuse for how long it took, and if there are any errors I shall cry.

Arena Notes
- An area of the ground is quite wet where Waterfall collapsed; from above, the shape would resemble a curving rectangle with a semicircle on the end.

Next Round
- Sonic Rainboom attacks
- bulbasaur attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I see a few errors to be rectified (don't cry):

• Bromine does not have an Oran berry on her.
  • Cuprum should have less health; 30%-12%-3%=15%
  • Hoopla should have more health; 40%+6%-4%+3%=45%

Hmm...
It does not take an action to eat the berry if you wait for it to trigger. So for the Liechi, if your pokémon falls below 33% health, it will eat the berry automatically (unless you tell it not to) without using up an action. However, if you want the berry used when its effect wouldn't trigger, you can take an action to eat it then.
It doesn't specify the Oran, though, so I don't know...

Time to go on the defensive. Reflect, then Amnesia, then Sleep Powder. If Bromine Protects or Safeguards when you Sleep Powder, Chill.

Reflect~Amnesia~Sleep Powder/Chill
Correct me if I'm wrong.

M'okay, Bromine. Maybe not this round, but the next. Go for a Fire Blast, then Fire Spin so that she won't use the same trick we used. Don't be afraid to melt the ice.

Finally, Magic Coatso that Hoopla will put herself to sleep.

Fire blast~Fire Spin~Magic Coat

5 vs. 5 Single
Switch
Team Sonic Rainboom
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Hoppip
Hoopla (Female)
Health: 45%
Energy: 47%
Status: AFTER ALL MY HARD WORK? Attack -1, special defense +2; Worry Seed forgotten; Frozen (moderate; can no longer fly, speed reduced to seven-eights, extra energy on attacks requiring movement).
Commands: Reflect ~ Amnesia ~ Sleep Powder / Chill

Team bulbasaur
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Vulpix
Bromine (Female)
Energy: 100%
Commands: Fire Blast ~ Fire Spin ~ Magic Coat

In Reserve
Ani418MS.png

Cuprum (Male)
Status: ZZZZZZzzzzZZ... Seeded (3% per round), asleep (moderate; five more actions).

Round 6 Begin!

The newest addition to the battle seems eagar to get started, and she's going to do so in a big way. Her body temperature skyrockets as she stokes her internal fire to a greater and greater size, the air above her beginning to shimmer and distort; she opens her mouth and looses an enormous blast of fire, which engulfs Hoopla, who screams. The intense fire continues for about five seconds, then Bromine snaps her mouth shut and cuts off the fire. Her internal fire dies down as Hoopla comes to her senses enough to see what's happened. As it stands, all the ice coating her is melted away completely, but she has also been left a nasty burn all along the other side of her body - the ice must have protected her from a full-body burn, she figures. In the interest of preventing attacks that could aggravate this burn, she begins concentrating until a shimmering, translucent golden dome appears around her. There, she thinks, that should do it.

Bromine's fire is still somewhat higher than normal, which is making her quite uncomfortable. Heck, she thinks, may as well kill two birds with one stone. She breathes out a long tongue of flame that, contrary to all laws of physics, begins curling around, looping around Hoopla again and again to form a spiralling vortex of flame, and no matter which way Hoopla turns, she can't escape and can barely avoid touching the fire. Instead she decides to just try and make it hurt less; like before, she begins blocking out all unnecessary thoughts, inadvertantly sealing away a portion of her knowledge in the process. It works, though; she feels noticable less fazed by the fire.

Knowing that her opponent is going to try to put her to sleep, Bromine closes her eyes and accesses her supernatural powers that, as a kitsune, she naturally has. Her skin smoothly changes color to a metallic, reflective golden sheen, and she opens her eyes again, content. Hoopla, meanwhile, can't see this at all, and so she begins shaking her leaves wildly, scattering another cloud of sleeping-dust. Unfortunately, it doesn't work massively well: the spores hit the firey vortex and burn up, the attack amounting to no more than a cloud of smoke. Disappointed that she doesn't get to bounce it back, Bromine lets her mirrory shield drop, returning her to her normal orange.

Round 6 End!

Team Sonic Rainboom
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Hoppip
Hoopla (Female)
Health: 24%
Energy: 32%
Status: I hate fire. Attack -1, special defense +4; Worry Seed and Confusion forgotten; burned (moderate; 3% per round, physical attacks halved); reflect active; trapped in Fire Spin (two more rounds).
Attacks Used: Reflect ~ Amnesia ~ Sleep Powder

Team bulbasaur
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Vulpix
Bromine (Female)
Energy: 82%
Attacks Used: Fire Blast ~ Fire Spin ~ Magic Coat

In Reserve
Ani418MS.png

Cuprum (Male)

Fire Blast - 18% damage, 9% energy (accuracy roll 14, needed 85 or above to miss)
Reflect - 3% energy, 1% per action
Fire Spin - 2% damage, 1% per action, 4% energy (accuracy roll 73, needed 85 or above to miss)
Amnesia - 5% energy
Magic Coat - 5% energy
Sleep Powder - 5% energy (accuracy roll 81, needed 75 or above to miss - missed)

Notes
- Okay. It's just that it wasn't specified in the shop, so. Maybe that ought to be clarified or something.
- As it stands, I shall trigger the berry when Cuprum's sent back out.
- Hoopla's Amnesia forgot Confusion.
- Fire Blast was hot enough to thaw Hoopla out fully... and inflict a burn. Ouch.
- Sleep Powder missed, rendering Magic Coat useless.
- For the record, had Sleep Powder not missed, it would have made it through the Fire Spin. This is just a way of describing it missing.

Arena Notes

Next Round
- bulbasaur attacks
- Sonic Rainboom attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
...Fire Blast did just 12% damage? Even after super effectiveness and STAB? Oh right, that's what sp. def. +2 does. D:

Anyways, Good job there, Bromine. Now, to end this, Fire spin until you see that Hoopla is unable to move or participate in this battle. (I hope that +4 sp.def isn't as strong as reflect) That should be about twice. If she tries to protect, or if she's unable to participate in the battle, Chill. If she tries to put you to sleep, Protect

Fire Spin/Chill/Protect~Fire Spin/Chill/Protect~Fire Spin/Chill/Protect

EDIT: Whoops, Fire Blast not Fire Spin D: Can I still change it to
Fire Blast/Chill/Protect~Fire Blast/Chill/Protect~Fire Blast/Chill Protect?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom