• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Squornshellous Beta vs I liek Squirtles

You know, I happen to be left-handed too. So if my Scraggy is left handed this is hardly a bad thing for me. Also, I am not jelly.

Focus Punch if you can, Dig if he's going to attack you and break your focus, Bulk Up if you can't hit him or his sub at all. Lalala.

Focus Punch / Dig / Bulk Up ~ Focus Punch / Dig / Bulk Up ~ Focus Punch / Dig / Bulk Up

Just a quick note to say that the damage and energy totals have been fixed (I forgot to implement Dig), so the reffing should be all right.

Also Skyman, if you ever feel like you need a Helping Hand, I would be glad to ref again :D

HARBLE GARBLE. In the name of my newborn cousin Daniela, YOU WILL DIE YOUTH! (She was born yesterday! :D)

Hmm, this is tough...

Double Team (4 clones)-Quick Attack-Quick Attack

10vs10 single
Style: Switch
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: none
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Restraunt of Global Cuisines

The trainers have come to a wonderful restraunt in the heart of Asber, known for its massive range of food - indeed, no-one's yet found a dish they don't serve. And, since they operate in the heart of the ASB league, there's a space for the diners to have a battle. Today, these two trainers have booked out the entire restraunt all day for a full 10v10 battle, and they've also shelled out the extra for the Deluxe package. So, at the end of every third round, a dish will be served to each Pokémon from the following list:
20%: Fruit Salad, Restores 5% health.
20%: Double-caffeine Coffee, Restores 5% energy.
10%: Chicken Soup, heals the Pokémon of any major status conditions.
10%: Coffee Cake, restores 5% health and 5% energy.
10%: Ultra-NRG Cola, causes the next round's moves to to deal 2% more damage for 2% less energy.
9%: Heart Sweets, causes the Pokémon to be mildly attracted to its opponent (provided they are of opposite genders).
5%: Triple Cheeseburger, lowers speed by two stages.
5%: Tamato Berry Curry, inflicts a mild burn on the Pokémon.
5%: Bad Fish, inflicts mild poisoning on the Pokémon.
5%: Poorly prepared Fugu, inflicts mild paralysis on the Pokémon.
1%: Four Horsemen Burger, instantly KOs the Pokémon.
Other: Only unevolved Pokémon can be used. Good luck to whoever decides to ref this.

Pre-Round

The referee came out of the bathroom(finally) and told Lord of the Fireflies very simply that he has "got this" before signaling for the round to begin.

Squornshellous Beta's Team
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

anmosj.jpg

The Youth of Today (M)
Ability: Shed Skin
Health: 30%
Energy: 26%
Status: “Shocking.” Covered with dark marks, but bravely standing up. (+1 attack, +1 special attack)
Commands: Focus Punch/Dig/Bulk Up~Focus Punch/Dig/Bulk Up~Focus Punch/Dig/Bulk Up

I liek Squirtles Team
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

blitzle.png

Marty (M)
Ability: Lightningrod
Health: 57%
Energy: 76%
Commands: Double Team (4 clones)~Quick Attack~Quick Attack

Round 5 begins!

Youth quickly got back into a now-familiar position as he focused all of his attention on his fist, which began to glow bright white. His focus unbroken, he managed to fully power up his attack and looked up to charge at his target-only to see that now there were several of him. Confused as to which one was the real target, Youth picked one at random before charging at it and swinging his punch-right through thin air, as the clone disappeared to Youth's agitation.

He didn't have very long to be agitated, though, as Marty hit him in the back with blinding speed before returning to his clones. Turning around and looking at the group in anger, he picked one member of the group before burrowing underground. Within just a few seconds, the ground underneath the target was destroyed as Youth came out of the hole punching. This time, he managed to hit the real Marty, and thus the clones around him disappeared into thin air, much to Youth's glee.

Marty, greatly annoyed at the destruction of his clones, dashed forward at Youth once again, hitting him once again at blinding speed. This, however, only served to agitate Youth even MORE, who immediately digged right back down into the ground. After just a few seconds, the ground beneath Marty was once again destroyed as Youth came flying out. This time, however, Youth followed up on the attack, rapidly throwing many punches at the helpless Marty. Once he was done, Marty was badly beaten up and bruised, and Youth was on his last leg of energy as the round was called to an end by the ref.

Round 5 Ends!

1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

anmosj.jpg

The Youth of Today (M)
Health: 22%
Energy: 2%
Status: Haha! *slouches down in tiredness* Can barely stand, but is proud of what he has done (+1 attack, +1 special attack)
Commands: Focus Punch~Dig~Dig

I liek Squirtles Team
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

blitzle.png

Marty (M)
Energy: 64%
Commands: Double Team (4 clones)~Quick Attack~Quick Attack

Damage/Energy Calcs:

Double Team: 8% energy
Focus Punch: 8% energy(hit a clone)
Quick Attack: 4% damage, 2% energy
Dig: 14% damage, 8% energy
Quick Attack: 4% damage, 2% energy
Dig: 21% damage, 8% energy(critical hit)

Notes:

-Sorry for the lateness!
-The first dig hit the real Marty
-The second dig was a crit. What did you do to offend the RNG gods, ILS?

Arena Notes:

-There are various holes interconnecting to each other in the ground

Next Round:

-I liek Squirtles attacks
-Squornshellous Beta attacks
-I ref

Last edited:
Chill, then sweep the smallest and least energy-expending Sand-Attack you can through all the clones to get rid of them, then do the strongest Brick Break you can with what energy you might have left. You did excellently.
Chill ~ (weak, sweep) Sand-Attack ~ Brick Break

10vs10 single

The trainers have come to a wonderful restraunt in the heart of Asber, known for its massive range of food - indeed, no-one's yet found a dish they don't serve. And, since they operate in the heart of the ASB league, there's a space for the diners to have a battle. Today, these two trainers have booked out the entire restraunt all day for a full 10v10 battle, and they've also shelled out the extra for the Deluxe package. So, at the end of every third round, a dish will be served to each Pokémon from the following list:
10%: Ultra-NRG Cola, causes the next round's moves to to deal 2% more damage for 2% less energy.
9%: Heart Sweets, causes the Pokémon to be mildly attracted to its opponent (provided they are of opposite genders).
Other: Only unevolved Pokémon can be used. Good luck to whoever decides to ref this.

1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

anmosj.jpg

The Youth of Today (M)
Energy: 2%
Status: Haha! *slouches down in tiredness* Can barely stand, but is proud of what he has done (+1 attack, +1 special attack)
Commands: Chill~(weak, sweep)Sand-Attack~Brick Break

I liek Squirtles Team
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

blitzle.png

Marty (M)
Energy: 64%
Commands: Double Team (5 clones)~Chill~Chill

Round 6 Begins!

Marty, who was still feeling great pain from the beating that Youth had given him, slowly stood on his feet, wobbling for a second before regaining his balance. Once he had done this, he began to walk around in a circle, then started to jog, and then run, before finally screeching to a halt, his breath coming in short gasps, as he looked around and saw 5 clones standing around him, all looking exactly the same as him. Youth, who had been resting the past few minutes, scowled at seeing so many of his opponent once again.

Youth, once he had felt rested enough, got up to his feet and looked around for something to fling at his opponent. Spotting some kicked up dirt from one of the numerous holes in the floor, he scooped it up and walked over to his opponent's little group of clones before gently flinging it on all of the Marty's. Marty, who was lightly dozing, didn't even wake up as the dirt landed on his soft fur, while his clones simply fizzled into nonexistence right before Youth's very pleased eyes.

Barely hesitating, Youth walked over to where Marty was still napping, and began to examine him for a weak spot. After looking for a few seconds he decided upon the neck and, raising his fists high into the air, punched Marty three times so hard and fast that the ref was certain that most humans would have died from the impact. Marty, on the other hand, simply jolted awake and tried to gasp as his neck was brutally attacked. When Youth was finished and had backed off, it still took Marty a good 30 seconds to be able to breathe again. When he did, he could only gasp for the rest of the round as the ref waved his flag and ended it. The servers, almost as if on cue, rushed on and gave each battler something: Youth once again got a fruit salad, while Marty received a can of soda which, while it didn't heal him at all, did make him feel more energized and ready for revenge.

End of Round 6!

1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

anmosj.jpg

The Youth of Today (M)
Health: 27%
Energy: 3%
Status: Haha! I've got you now! Is still only barely standing, but still very happy (+1 attack, +1 special attack)
Commands: Chill~(weak, sweep)Sand-Attack~Brick Break

I liek Squirtles Team
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

blitzle.png

Marty (M)
Health: 4%
Energy: 69%
Status: Must....keep....going Badly beaten up; +2% damage -2% energy to all attacks(1 round)
Commands: Double Team (5 clones)~Chill~Chill

Damage/Energy Calcs:

Double Team: 10% energy
Chill: +10% energy
Sand-Attack: 3% energy
Chill: +10% energy
Brick Break: 18% damage, 6% energy
Chill: 5% energy

Notes:

-Sorry for the lateness again!
-Sand attack only cost 3% instead of 4% because the bare minimum to expose the clones was used.
-Brick Break was a critical hit. ILS, I seriously think you did /something/ to tick off the RNG gods, because /nobody/ has that bad of luck.
-Due to the critical hit Brick Break, Marty's chill was only half as effective as normal, getting 5% energy instead of 10%
-Youth got the fruit salad again, while Marty got the Ultra-NRG Cola at the end of the round.

Arena Notes:

Next Round:

-Squornshellous Beta attacks
-I liek Squirtles attacks
-I ref

Last edited:
:o
You're doing amazing, Youth. Unfortunately, there's no way you'll see another round.

If he is not going to make Double Team clones on the first or second actions, Brick Break until you faint.
If he is, Chill, and then sweep a Sand-Attack through them, then Brick Break.
If he can't be attacked, Chill.

Whatever you do, you can rest easy knowing you've been the best Pokémon I've used so far. :D

Brick Break / Chill ~ Brick Break / Sand-Attack / Chill ~ Brick Break / Chill

Argh. Kay, my Pokemanz have done well, but I haven't had the best of strategies. Quick Attack around the ring, so he starts following you. Then, while running, do 2 Flashes. That should unconcentrate him.

Quick Attack around the ring+Flash+Flash

10vs10 single

1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

anmosj.jpg

The Youth of Today (M)
Energy: 3%
Status: Haha! I've got you now! Is still only barely standing, but still very happy (+1 attack, +1 special attack)
Commands: Brick Break / Chill ~ Brick Break / Sand-Attack / Chill ~ Brick Break / Chill

I liek Squirtles Team
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

blitzle.png

Marty (M)
Health: 4%
Energy: 69%
Status: Must....keep....going Badly beaten up; +2% damage -2% energy to all attacks(1 round)
Commands: Quick Attack around the ring+Flash+Flash

Round 7 begins!

Marty, beaten and bloodied, dragged himself to his feet. Unsteady for a few seconds, he managed to right himself before dashing off to run around the restaurant. Scowling, Youth gave chase-he too was exhausted, and he just wanted this zebra to /stop resisting/, dammit. Slowly, Youth managed to catch up to Marty in order to deliver the finishing blow-only for Marty to turn around to deliver a blinding flash of light. Stumbling forward a couple feet, Youth managed to look up again to try and attack with what little sight he had left, only for yet another flash of light to blind him fully. Closing his eyes in pain, Youth lunged forward blindingly...

...and managed to hit Marty right in his side. Marty could only dimly register shock before keeling over from pain, finally, with swirls for eyes, while Youth fell down and fainted from exhaustion. Both the battlers and the ref were surprised by this, and thus it was a moment before the ref snapped back and declared the round over, with the two Pokemon returned to their pokeballs.

Round 7 Over!

xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

anmosj.jpg

The Youth of Today (M)
Energy: 0%
Commands: Brick Break

I liek Squirtles Team
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

blitzle.png

Marty (M)
Health: 0%
Energy: 54%
Commands: Quick Attack around the ring+Flash+Flash

Damage/Energy Calcs:

-Quick Attack+Flash+Flash: 15% energy
-Brick Break: 11% damage, 6% energy(reduced to 6% damage due to having only half of the required energy)

Notes:

-The combo's energy cost was 3%(Quick Attack)+8%(4% for each of the flashes)+4%(energy cost from combo-ing moves).
-The two flashes combined lowered Youth's accuracy by 15%(The second flash had reduced effectiveness due to coming so quickly after the first one).
-Brick Break rolled a /1/ for the hit roll. Yeah, that was going to hit no matter what.

Arena Notes:

Next Round:

-ILS sends out
-Squornshellous Beta sends out
-ILS orders
-Squornshellous Beta orders
-I ref

Dear Mew, we are screwed. Sandman, do your best! Start me off with a Sandstorm. If she Protects on any turn, Swords Dance or Sandstorm if you haven't. If that shroom tries to status you, Protect but if you already Protected then Facade. Aerial Ace for second action. Finish off with Earthquake.

Sandstorm/Swords Dance/Protect~Aerial Ace/Protect/Facade/Swords Dance/Sandstorm~Earthquake/Protect/Facade/Swords Dance

xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

2zyzfgg.jpg

Agaric Amanita (F)
Ability: Effect Spore
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

I liek Squirtles Team
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

drilbur.png

Sand Man (M)
Ability: Sand Force
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

Round 8 begins!
I liek Squirtles recalled his pokemon, and sent out his next one. The brilliant flash of light revealed a Drilbur. Squornshellous Beta, in response, threw a pokeball which, to the surprise of the referee, contained a pokeball. Wondering what kind of trick Squornshellous Beta was pulling, the referee went over to the pokeball. As he was about to ask Squornshellous Beta about it, the referee realized it wasn't a pokeball after all. After grumbling a bit about the new fangled pokemon for a few seconds, the referee called for the battlers to begin.

Sand Man quickly scraped his claws together for a few moments. He then spread his arms wide and started exhaling powerfully. With this, a powerful stream of sand started billowing forth, and a strong wind, carrying the sand, started swirling around the restaurant. It was a good thing no food were being served at the moment. If there were, they would've surely been ruined. At this, Sand Man suddenly felt empowered. Feeling the rush from his sandstorm, he waited for his opponent to move. While all this was happening, Agaric was hard at work, managing to create a tiny ball of flames and sending it up, up and away. The ball of flames rose higher and higher. The restaurant's owner was starting to get worried; he didn't want his restaurant to get burned after all. To his relief, the ball of fire stopped as it neared the ceiling, and for some reason, the bright light was enough for the sandstorm to die down.

Sand Man's strength seemed to disappear, but he wasn't about to give up just yet. He began charging forward, ready to ram into his opponent who didn't even get to blink before getting thrown up and away. The little mushroom was undaunted however as his cap started shaking slowly, glowing brighter with each passing second. Suddenly, a beam of light shot forward, hitting Sand Man head on.

Sand Man doubled over in pain, but quickly recovered from his opponent's attack. Stomping in succession, he managed to conjure massive shock waves which threw his opponent into the air once more. However, Sand Man didn't have much time to celebrate his attack's success as he was quickly silenced by a beam of light coming from his opponent's direction.

Round 8 Over!

xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

2zyzfgg.jpg

Agaric Amanita (F)
Ability: Effect Spore
Health: 78%
Energy: 84%

I liek Squirtles Team
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

drilbur.png

Sand Man (M)
Ability: Sand Force
Health: 52%
Energy: 88%

Damage/Energy Calcs:
Agaric's health = 100 - 13 (earthquake) - 9 (aerial ace)
Agaric's energy = 100 - 6 (solarbeam) - 6 (solarbeam) - 4 (sunny day)
Sand Man's health = 100 - 24 (solarbeam) - 24 (solarbeam)
Sand Man's energy = 100 - 4 (sandstorm) - 5 (earthquake) - 3 (aerial ace)

Notes:
-How does a Foongus move?
-That solarbeam would've been crazy strong if the opponent was something like a geodude =O
-Tell me if I've missed something

Arena Notes:
-Sunny for 3 more actions

Next Round:
-Squornshellous Beta orders first
-I ref

I'm pretty sure Foongus hop around.

Solarbeam. If you can't hit him for whatever reason, Chill. If the weather stops being sunny, Sunny Day.
Solarbeam / Chill / Sunny Day ~ Solarbeam / Chill / Sunny Day ~ Solarbeam / Chill / Sunny Day

*gulp* Okay then Sand Man. Combo Taunt with Sandstorm (seriously, it should work. You can trash talk during summoning things) and finish with an Attract.

Taunt+Sandstorm~Attract.

*gulp* Okay then Sand Man. Combo Taunt with Sandstorm (seriously, it should work. You can trash talk during summoning things) and finish with an Attract.

Taunt+Sandstorm~Attract.

Back
Top Bottom