• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Squornshellous Beta vs I liek Squirtles

Squornshellous Beta's Team
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

2zyzfgg.jpg

Agaric Amanita (F)
Ability: Effect Spore
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

I liek Squirtles Team
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

drilbur.png

Sand Man (M)
Ability: Sand Force

Round 9 begins!
Sand Man acted as soon as possible. He'd heard of the move taunt before, and he'd seen it performed in other battles. Maybe he could pull it off. He thought of the several insults he could throw at his opponent, and selected the meanest one of all. "You're a stupid mushroom." Needless to say, the insult fell flat. Agaric laughed his heart out. That was a taunt? Well that was stupid. Sand Man was deeply offended. Agaric absorbed some light and immediately sent it out in the form of a concentrated beam. It stung Agaric deeply, who couldn't figure out whether the attack or his opponent's laughter hurt more.

Sand Man scraped his claws once again. He spread his arms out, and once again, a sandstorm brewed. He dared Agaric to use solarbeam again, and Agaric simply responded with laughter. "Not one to learn from past mistakes, are you?" Agaric sent another ball of fire near the ceiling. The little Foongus' laughter filled the restaurant, and Sand Man couldn't help but shed a tear.

Sand Man put on his most flirtatious face and winked at his opponent. Shocked by this sudden show of affection, Agaric hesitated for a moment. What was her opponent trying to do? Sand Man then called forth some sand and drew multiple hearts on the floor. Squornshellous Beta couldn't help slapping her forehead with her palm when she saw how quickly her pokemon had fallen head over heels over the petty show of affection. Agaric was in love. However, she had already sent her solarbeam and couldn't do anything to stop it from hitting. She apologized profusely and sincerely, hoping their relationship wouldn't end over a single attack.

Waiters suddenly entered and fed both pokemon. Agaric received a large cup of coffee and perked up quite significantly while Sand Man received a warm bowl of chicken soup.

Round 9 Over!

xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

2zyzfgg.jpg

Agaric Amanita (F)
Health: 78%
Energy: 73%

I liek Squirtles Team
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

drilbur.png

Sand Man (M)
Health: 4%
Energy: 79%

Damage/Energy Calcs:
Agaric's health = 78
Agaric's energy = 84 - 6(solarbeam) - 6(solarbeam) - 4(sunny day) + 5(chicken soup)
Sand Man's health = 52 - 24(solarbeam) - 24(solarbeam)
Sand Man's energy = 88 - 1(taunt) - 4(sandstorm) - 4(attract)

Notes:
-Tell me if I've missed something
-Negrek says no to the combo
-Drilbur can't taunt

Arena Notes:
-There are various holes interconnecting to each other in the ground
-Sunny Day for four actions

Next Round:
-I liek Squirtles orders first

Last edited:
Mweeheehee!!!! What ho Sand Man! Start me off with an Aerial Ace, then Rock Slide. Finally, Rock Slide. If she Protects, Chill. If she Solarbeams, Dig Down.

Aerial Ace/Chill/Dig down~Rock Slide/Chill/Dig down~Rock Slide/Chill/Dog down

xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

2zyzfgg.jpg

Agaric Amanita (F)
Health: 78%
Energy: 73%

I liek Squirtles Team
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

drilbur.png

Sand Man (M)
Health: 4%
Energy: 79%

Round 10 begins!
Sand Man was so beaten up even the lightest attack would've made him faint. However, he didn't go down without a fight. Exerting one last bit of force, he rushed towards his opponent with blinding speed. His movement was too quick to be seen by the trainers, but the attack's effect was clearly visible. Yet again, the Foongus sailed through the air and landed with a frump. Agaric was stunned. She couldn't understand why her lover would hit her. Was it because she had hit him with that Solarbeam? Maybe he preferred their relationship to be a love-hate relationship. "If that's what he wants then." Agaric and Sand Man then suddenly glowed green. While Agaric's aura was getting larger, Sand Man's aura seemed to be growing fainter by the minute. When both auras disappeared, Sand Man slumped to the ground, unconscious, and was called back.

Round 10 Over!

xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

2zyzfgg.jpg

Agaric Amanita (F)
Health: 71%
Energy: 70%

I liek Squirtles Team
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

drilbur.png

Sand Man (M)
Health: 0%
Energy: 76%

Damage/Energy Calcs:
Agaric's health = 78 - 9(Aerial Ace) + 2(Giga Drain)
Agaric's energy = 73 - 3(Giga Drain)
Sand Man's health = 4 - 13(Giga Drain)
Sand Man's energy = 79 - 3(Aerial Ace)

Notes:
-Tell me if I've missed something
-Agaric's attraction disappeared when Sand Man fainted

Arena Notes:
-Sunny Day for 1 more action

Next Round:
-I liek Squirtles orders
-Squorn commands
-I liek Squirtles commands

Hrm. Toxic till it works, then Sludge Bomb; Chill if you can't hit it for whatever reason.
Toxic / Chill ~ Toxic / Sludge Bomb / Chill ~ Toxic / Sludge Bomb / Chil

Baskin can't learn Safeguard... So first, a 10% Sub. Then, Double Team (4 clones). Finally, Ice Beam.

Substitute (10%)~Double Team (4 clones)~Ice Beam

xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

2zyzfgg.jpg

Agaric Amanita (F)
Health: 71%
Energy: 70%

I liek Squirtles Team
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

vanillite.png

Baskin Robbins (M)
Ability: Ice Body

Round 11 begins!
I liek Squirtles had lost quite some pokemon by this point, but he wasn't one to give up easily. After a few seconds of mulling over which pokemon he would use next, he grabbed a pokeball from his belt. With a click, the ball enlarged to the size of his fist. A bright red flash suddenly filled the area as the pokeball was tossed in the air, revealing a tiny snow pokemon that resembled a swirl of ice cream.

The Vanillite hurriedly exhaled with all of his might. To his delight, a tiny pile of snow started forming at his feet. Excited at the thought of playing with snow, Baskin started shaping the snow with his tiny arms. It took quite some time, but Baskin managed to build something that resembled a Vanillite. Delight was evident in his face as he blew onto his creation. Icy crystals filled with energy came out of Baskin's mouth, and the substitute came to life as soon as the crystals entered its snowy body. Baskin grinned proudly and waited for his opponent to attack. He wanted to see how his substitute would fair. To his disappointment, the mushroom didn't seem interested. Agaric, seeing she wouldn't manage to hit her opponent, sat idly.

The bright sun faded as Baskin started racing around the room. Although he clearly outsped his opponent, Baskin wasn't much of a sight to behold. He rushed this way and that around the tables and circled his opponent quite a few times. Agaric seemed disinterested in her opponent's antics, and Baskin, along with his three clones and his snowpokemon, frowned.

Baskin started getting impatient. What was the point of a battle if his opponent was simply going to stand there? She didn't even bother moving at all. He decided to disrupt the lull by sending an attack of his own. He opened his mouth, and a blue ball of icy energy started to form. The ball crackled and fizzled as it grew in size in Baskin's mouth. Unable to hold it in any longer, Baskin sent the ball, which extended into a beam of frost, towards his opponent, who shuddered at the attack. The ice beam chilled Agaric to the bone, and she shivered for quite some time, barely managing to relax.

Round 11 Over!

xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

2zyzfgg.jpg

Agaric Amanita (F)
Health: 55%
Energy: 95%

I liek Squirtles Team
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

vanillite.png

Baskin Robbins (M)
Ability: Ice Body
Health: 90%
Energy: 88%

Damage/Energy Calcs:
Agaric's health = 71 - 16(ice beam)
Agaric's energy = 70 + 10(chill) + 10(chill) + 5(chill)
Baskin's health = 100 - 10(substitute)
Baskin's energy = 100 - 4(ice beam) - 5(substitute) - 3(double team)

Notes:
-Vanillite have a base speed of 44. Without any modifiers, I'd let it max out at 3 clones.
-Chill wasn't as effective when Agaric was shivering from the ice beam

Arena Notes:

Next Round:
-I liek Squirtles commands first

Last edited:
Before I attack, what happened to the sub?

EDIT: Oh wait. Forget that. Okay Baskin! *clap* You know what we're gonna do?!?!?! WE ARE GOING TO FREEZE THAT LITTLE PUNK!!! Ice Beam, or Chill if she Protects. After that, I want yet another Ice Beam. Finally, Chill.

Ice Beam/Chil~Ice Beam/Chill~Chill

I'll take back over for this reffing. Expect it up within a day or two.

Back
Top Bottom