• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Squornshellous Beta vs. Skyman

Summergale

10vs10 single
Style: Set
DQ: Three days
Damage Cap: 60%
Banned Moves: None
Arena: Field with a Lake

A fairly simple arena for the most part. A several-acre field with grass roughly half an inch long all over, and a lake in the centre full of sparklingly clear water that cannot be muddied or obscured, no matter what happens to it. The lake is big enough to comfortably house a Gyarados. There is a mysterious substance diffused throughout the air, water and ground that deals 3% damage per action; this damage cannot be negated or reduced in any way.​

Squornshellous Beta's Active Squad:

voltorb
[Thunderball] Voltorb (X)
<Static>

nincada
[Psaltoda Plaga] Nincada (Male)
<Compoundeyes>

2d77l92.jpg

[Lenkbarer Luftfahrzug] Drifloon (Female)
<Aftermath>

dwebble
[Paguroidea] Dwebble (Female)
<Shell Armor>

vanillite
[Small Scoop] Vanillite (Female)
<Ice Body>

litwick
[Raqs Sharqui] Litwick (Female)
<Flash Fire> @Dusk Stone

dragomelet
[Frittata] Dragomelet (Female)
<Solid Rock>

golett
["Golem"] Golett (X)
<Iron Fist>

tsuki
[Felix] Tsuki (Male)
<Levitate>

chinchou
[Jordan] Chinchou (Female)
<Illuminate>

Skyman's Active Squad:

mudkip
[Jack] Mudkip (Male)
<Torrent>

pichu
[Roxas] Pichu (Male)
<Static>

shroomish
[Loom] Shroomish (Female)
<Poison Heal>

ralts
[Psy] Ralts (Female)
<Trace>

starly
[Star] Starly (Female)
<Keen Eye>

ralts
[Lance] Ralts (Male)
<Trace> @Dawn Stone

Gyarados
[Fishy] Gyarados (Male)
<Intimidate>

beautifly
[Kairi] Beautifly (Female)

vulpix
[Jess] Vulpix (Female)
<Flash Fire> @Fire Stone

timburr
[Rambo] Timburr (Male)
<Guts>
AHBE Move: Close Combat

Turn Order:
Skyman sends out a Pokémon.
Squornshellous Beta sends out a Pokémon and issues commands.
Skyman issues commands.
I ref.

Incidentally, Squorn, what am I supposed to call your Golett? Notepad acts strangely when I paste its real nickname in.​

Last edited:
You could just paste it in in the browser or with Word's replace function or something :o Or download notepad++, which can handle them just fine.
Incidentally my name is spelt Squornshellous rather than Squornshellus

Lenkbarer, you're up.
[img]http://i56.tinypic.com/2d77l92.jpg[/img]
2d77l92.jpg

Toxic, then Acrobatics repeatedly. If he uses Double Team, try a nice widespread Ominous Wind. If you can't hit him for any other non-Sub reason (attack Subs please) then Minimize.
Toxic / Ominous Wind / Minimize ~ Acrobatics / Ominous Wind / Minimize ~ Acrobatics / Ominous Wind / Minimize

Alright Rambo, let's show her what you got!

Let's start off this battle with Bide(it can hit ghost types despite being normal-type, last time I checked.) Continue storing energy on the second action, then on the final action release it, but ONLY after she attacks you.

Bide(store energy)~Bide(store energy)~Bide(release AFTER Lenkbarer attacks)

10vs10 single

A fairly simple arena for the most part. A several-acre field with grass roughly half an inch long all over, and a lake in the centre full of sparklingly clear water that cannot be muddied or obscured, no matter what happens to it. The lake is big enough to comfortably house a Gyarados. There is a mysterious substance diffused throughout the air, water and ground that deals 3% damage per action; this damage cannot be negated or reduced in any way.

Most League battles take place in exciting locations. Burning cities, cruiseliners, the crumbling remains of ancient chapels... but for every battle taking place somewhere interesting, there are many happening in places like this. A field.

The three trainers arrive from the air, each one on the back of a League-issued Braviary. After a brief discussion, the two battlers send out their first Pokémon.

Squornshellous Beta
10-0.gif

2d77l92.jpg

Ability: Aftermath
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Toxic / Ominous Wind / Minimize ~ Acrobatics / Ominous Wind / Minimize ~ Acrobatics / Ominous Wind / Minimize
Condition: Drifting in a slight breeze, waiting for the battle to begin.

Skyman
10-0.gif

timburr
[Rambo] Timburr (Male)
Ability: Guts
Commands: Bide ~Bide ~Bide (release AFTER Lenkbarer attacks)
Condition: Swinging his log about and making faces at Lenkbarer.

Round one, begin!

As the commands are issued, each Pokémon begins to act. Or, rather, Lenkbarer begins to act. Rambo simply remains exactly where he is, fists clenched against his log. A dim red glow flickers around him, seemingly there one moment and gone the next.

Lacking a mouth to use her attack normally is not something that will get in Lenkbarer's way. Instead, she taps into the strange dust floating through the air, pulling some of it together and condensing it until a small orb of purple toxins floats between her 'hands'. With a single, deft flick, the gooey substance splatters all over Rambo's face. He retches and heaves as it is absorbed into his system, but does not otherwise move. The dust permeating the air clings to both Pokémon, sinking into them and leaving both feeling worse for the wear.

The red glow continues to flash around Rambo, and Lenkbarer eyes it suspiciously. With no attack forthcoming, she moves onto her next command. She drifts through the air with a gentle hum before twirling and slamming both hands against Rambo. A blue glow surrounds them as she does so, and Rambo is knocked backwards into the grass. He still doesn't retaliate, though the red glow surrounding him pulses and grows slightly more obvious.

This worries Lenkbarer, and she eyes him for a few moments. Why isn't he attacking? she wonders briefly. When Rambo makes no move to strike back, she floats forwards for another Acrobatics attack. Once more her 'hands' glow with a piercing blue energy, and this time it sends Rambo tumbling into the ground. The ominous glow surrounding his form spikes up wildly, and his eyes flash open.

The Timburr springs up and bodily grabs his opponent, who gives an ethereal shriek of surprise. The pulsing red sheen around his body suddenly takes on a life of its own, tearing into Lenkbarer viciously. When the attack is over, Rambo flings her away, and both Pokémon are left dazed - though Lenkbarer is in a far worse state than Rambo. Rambo himself retches again, the toxins now having flowed through most of his body.

The dust once more settles upon them, as if to add insult to injury.

Round one, over!

Squornshellous Beta
10-0.gif

2d77l92.jpg

Health: 31% (CAPPED)
Energy: 83%
Commands: Toxic ~ Acrobatics ~ Acrobatics
Condition: What the heck?! - Reeling from the unexpected move.

Skyman
10-0.gif

timburr
[Rambo] Timburr (Male)
Health: 50%
Energy: 85%
Commands: Bide (unleashed on 3rd action)
Condition: Log abandoned, standing with hands on knees and gasping for breath.

Arena Notes
Sparkling periwinkle dust floats through the field, causing 3% damage per action.

End of Round Notes
  • Nothing too notable this round, though I do have to point out that Lenkbarer is faster than Rambo; the only reason he moved first is that he used a priority move.
  • As an aside, the 3% arena damage done each round does not count towards the damage cap.

Next Round
Skyman issues commands.
Squornshellous Beta issues commands.
I ref.​

*Cackles madly* I KNEW that would work!

Alright, let's finish this girl off quickly with 3 Payback's. If you are unable to hit her for whatever reason(except for if she has a substitute, in which case attack anyways), then Chill.

Payback/Chill x3

10vs10 single

A fairly simple arena for the most part. A several-acre field with grass roughly half an inch long all over, and a lake in the centre full of sparklingly clear water that cannot be muddied or obscured, no matter what happens to it. The lake is big enough to comfortably house a Gyarados. There is a mysterious substance diffused throughout the air, water and ground that deals 3% damage per action; this damage cannot be negated or reduced in any way.

Squornshellous Beta
10-0.gif

2d77l92.jpg

Health: 31% (CAPPED)
Energy: 83%
Commands: Destiny Bond ~ Destiny Bond / Acrobatics ~ Destiny Bond / Acrobatics
Condition: What the heck?! - Reeling from the unexpected move.

Skyman
10-0.gif

timburr
[Rambo] Timburr (Male)
Health: 50%
Energy: 85%
Commands: Payback/Chill x3
Condition: Log abandoned, standing with hands on knees and gasping for breath.

Round two, begin!

Lenkbarer forces herself to get back up, returning to her hovering position. She begins to spin slowly on the spot, a dark purple aura spreading across her body. Her entire body felt suddenly cold even though the sun had been pleasantly warm beforehand.

Rambo, on the other hand, limbers up. He's done most of the work; now he just needs to finish her off. He picks up his hefty log-club - which glows an omnious black - and sprints forward, slamming the crude weapon into Lenkbarer and leaving her reeling. He hops back with a smirk, one which falters slightly as he feels the mysterious dust catch in his throat.

Lenkbarer metaphorically grits her teeth and floats forward, flailing in Rambo's general direction. He skids backwards and returns the assault with another solid smack, a line of cracks appearing in the bark. Lenkbarer drooped in the air, feeling weaker and weaker. The Destiny Bond she had cast over herself earlier gives a sudeen cackle of glee, and even as she drifts to the ground, it lashes out with tendrils of darkness.

Rambo slumps into the grass. Typical. Bloody ghosts. Can't fight... fair.

Round two over!

Squornshellous Beta
10-1.gif

2d77l92.jpg

Health: 0%
Energy: 66%
Commands: Destiny Bond ~ Acrobatics ~ Acrobatics
Condition: Knocked out!

Skyman
10-1.gif

timburr
[Rambo] Timburr (Male)
Health: 0%
Energy: 67%
Commands: Payback ~ Payback ~ Payback
Condition: Knocked out!

End of Round Notes
  • Well, they didn't last long at all.

Next Round
Skyman sends out a Pokémon.
Squornshellous Beta sends out a Pokémon and issues commands.
Skyman issues commands.
I ref.​

Last edited:
Like the arena says, Skyman sends out first. I probably could have worded that better.

For future reference this applies any time we're both sending out at once.

Sending out something that shares my name won't make me go easy. Frittata!
[img]http://i54.tinypic.com/m954r9.jpg[/img]
m954r9.jpg

Earthquake. If you can't hit her, Iron Defense - though attack Subs and Double Team. If for whatever reason you can't use Earthquake but can attack, try Stone Edge.
Earthquake / Iron Defense / Stone Edge ~ Earthquake / Iron Defense / Stone Edge ~ Earthquake / Iron Defense / Stone Edge

Alright Jess, this might be a little tough.

First, use Will-O-Wisp until it works. Then, use Reflect and, if possible, use Spite for the rest of the round.

Will-O-Wisp~Will-O-Wisp/Reflect~Will-O-Wisp/Reflect/Spite

Last edited:
10vs10 single

Squornshellous Beta
10-1.gif

m954r9.jpg

Ability: Solid Rock
Commands: Earthquake / Iron Defense / Stone Edge x3
Condition: Rocking back and forth in her shell.

Skyman
10-1.gif

vulpix
[Jess] Vulpix (Female) @Fire Stone
Ability: Flash Fire
Commands: Will-O-Wisp~Will-O-Wisp/Reflect~Will-O-Wisp/Reflect/Spite
Condition: Sending out little puffs of flame and preparing for battle.

Round three, begin!

The moment the referee waves her flag, Jess springs into action by letting out a soft puff of pale blue fire. The flickering flame dances towards Frittata, who tries her best to roll away in time. She's not fast enough, however, and ends up with a small, round scorchmark between her eyes. She pauses at her trainer's words, staring doubtfully at the ground. She's not strong enough to do that. So what is she supposed to do? She goes for the next best thing, worming one paw out of her shell to place it gingerly against the floor. Massive pieces of rock thrust up from the floor and slam into Jess, knocking her over and making the Vulpix cry out in pain.

Jess knows exactly what will stop the Stone Edge from feeling so harsh, and concentrates for a few long moments. A golden dome shimmers into existence, cocooning Jess and taking the bite out of any further attacks. Frittata growls and once more drags up rocks, making Jess stumble once more.

Look, will you just stop that., Jess thinks with a snarl. She lashes out with a sudden whirl of dark energy, locking down the Dragomelet's thoughts. This time, when Frittata tries to make the ground do her bidding, it takes so much more effort to do so. Their conditions are only worsened by the sparkling dust flowing through the air.

Round three over!

Squornshellous Beta
10-1.gif

m954r9.jpg

Health: 88%
Energy: 75%
Commands: Stone Edge x3
Status: Burned (moderate; 3% damage per round and -1 attack)
Condition: Going cross-eyed trying to look at her burn.

Skyman
10-1.gif

vulpix
Health: 62%
Energy: 88%
Commands: Will-O-Wisp ~ Reflect~ Spite
Condition: Shifting from foot to foot, trying to avoid the shards of rock in the floor.

Arena Notes
The grassy field has split in several places, revealing rather dry dirt.

End of Round Notes
  • Blah, really struggled to write this one for some reason... I hope it's obvious what happened.

Next Round
Skyman issues commands.
Squorn issues commands.
I ref.​

Last edited:
Um, Dragomelet can't actually /use/ Earthquake. Only the evolutions of it can.

Um, Dragomelet can't actually /use/ Earthquake. Only the evolutions of it can.

Can it not? I must have misread the move list.

EDIT: Okay, fixed. Since a conditional was used to say "if you can't use Earthquake, then use Stone Edge," that's what I went with.

Last edited:
Blah, that didn't go as planned.

Alright Jess, use Hex the entire round, since there isn't really much else we can do =/. Although if she uses Stone Edge again, then use Disable on the next action.

Hex~Hex/Disable~Hex/Disable.

10vs10 single

Squornshellous Beta
10-1.gif

m954r9.jpg

Health: 88%
Commands: Rock Slide ~ Rock Slide ~ Rock Slide
Condition: Going cross-eyed trying to look at her burn.

Skyman
10-1.gif

vulpix
Health: 62%
Energy: 88%
Commands: Hex~Hex/Disable~Hex/Disable
Condition: Shifting from foot to foot, trying to avoid the shards of rock in the floor.

Round four, begin!

Jess hisses at Frittata and begins her first attack of the round, weaving an ancient spell over the wounded Dragomelet. The hex agitates her burn, making Frittata squeal in pain. Frittata pauses after that, running over her commands in her head. Rock Slide? Can I even do that? she muses, tapping her claws against the inside of her shell. It's not something familiar, and if she's being honest with herself she's getting tired of being given commands that she can't follow through with. She'd use Stone Edge instead, but that's not what she was ordered to do...

Her musing is interrupted by another hex, and once more her burn stings and aches. Jess smirked and waves a paw, having realised that Frittata couldn't retaliate. Frittata herself settles for trying her level best to headbutt Jess right in her smug little face. She fails, however, and simply ends up with another Hex laid upon her for her trouble.

She spends the remainder of the round sitting and sulking.

Round four over!

Squornshellous Beta
10-1.gif

m954r9.jpg

Health: 53%
Commands: [nothing] ~ [nothing] ~ [nothing]
Condition: Frustrated.

Skyman
10-1.gif

vulpix
Health: 53%
Energy: 67%
Commands: Hex ~ Hex ~ Hex
Condition: Feeling slightly dizzy from using so many Hexes in a row.

Arena Notes
The ground in Frittata's immediate vicinity has been torn up, revealing large rocks and pulling out most of the grass.

End of Round Notes
  • Sorry for the short round again.
  • Dragomelet cannot use Rock Slide. Might I advise you look at the move list for Dragomelet again, Squorn?

Next Round
Squornshellous Beta issues commands.
Skyman issues commands.
I ref.​

Last edited:
aefpk;l;'klvcwd;lk I hate ASBmon their movelists are so hard to understand. I swear I read Rock Slide.
Aqua Tail. You can definitely do that.

Aqua Tail ~ Aqua Tail ~ Aqua Tail

Also Summergale, can I ask if you use Kratos' scale? And at what point in the action the 3% damage is applied?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom