• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open State of Bliss

Cleo nodded, falling into a flank position beside Vapor. She flicked her ears up at the attack analysis.

Dammit, a Psycho Boost.

She tensed her muscles, ready to leap as Vapor did. The beam missed, but very narrowly.

She concentrated hard, this time forming an orb of shadows in front of her and shooting it at the Deoxys. The Shadow Ball hit its skinny waist. Cleo had been hoping for it to hit that gem, and preferably shatter it, but that was good enough.

"Any suggestions, Skazz?" she said into her intercom. "It's a Lesser Deoxys Speed Form we're fighting. It has one leg and one, um, arm frozen by Vapor's Ice Beam."

Vapor dove out of the way just as the attack was launched, rolling in the grass and struggling to her feet. The sky shifted colour again, this time completely red. Vapor let out a small whimper when she saw it, and backed away from the Deoxys.

"Shana, do you read? The dream is starting to loose control; N-nightmare Guidance needed! Repeat, Nightmare Guidance needed!" She called, panic clear in her voice. It wasn't good for a Pilot to panic and induce the Nightmare - it closened them to The Bliss.

The Deoxys was reeling from Cleo's attack still, but is recovered and glared the pair down, electricity crackling around the gem this time.

"A-attack analysis; Charge B-beam...!"

"Ever hear of 'patience'?" a voice crackled from inside the mike.

A Haunter mecha appeared on Lindsay's screen. It floated about 5 ft above the ground.

"I'm there now. Sorry for the delay. Need attack suggestions, STAT!" Godot yelled over the intercom.

Karae stared at him, but he seemed to realize just what was happening - she didn't have to fear him being stupid, then. However, she went back to doubting it when he held out his hand. After all, she evidently had no limbs at all, let alone something with opposable thumbs. Her wings flapped once again as he evidently realized this and shifted so that he could pet her. She found herself looking at the hand suspiciously, as if afraid he would hit her. That was ridiculous, of course, and physical contact helped increase their bond, but...

What if something happened? What if he Blissed early? Just because it hadn't happened before wouldn't mean it would never happen... What if he decided that he didn't like her? What if she wasn't good enough? ...She would be left alone again, because she was never good enough, never perfect. So she shrank away from the offered hand, and then winced. How would he take her reaction?

She was doing this all wrong, and five minutes probably hadn't passed yet!

"About time," Lindsay muttered, loud enough for Godot to hear, before raising his voice. "What, you can't think for yourself? Take a look around you and dodge the incoming charge beam, genius. Too freaking bad your possibly useful attacks are so weak, isn't it?" He sneered. "On second thought, if the charge beam's going after Vapor you might as well stick yourself in the way, because she's at least more useful than you are!"

He eyed the lesser deoxys and watched the electricity build up. Charge beam had a delay time as great as more powerful attacks, which was the only reason Lindsay could talk so much before it fired. "You're screwed if it stores too much of that energy."

(( Update your attack list with your Intimacy 1 relationships or I can't give orders ))

"Calm down Vapor. You need to calm down. The Charge Beam can be a problem, but you are not alone. You need to calm down and think this through..."

Shana tries to think of a way to remedy this, seeing that another Pilot has joined the action. She studies the area, noting the red sky.

Not good. Nightmare has come full force.

Shana glances at the list for a moment, then realizes something.

It could work...

"Vapor. If it gets too bad in there, I will pull you out. But for now, Use Dig. An attack from no where is better than being seen. I want you to dig to another position. Since there are three of you, a three-pronged flank attack would be wise. Dig up to another position and use Ice Beam to continue to freeze the bastard."

Her voice than turns calm and soothing.

"Trust me Vapor. We can send this thing to hell. Just stay calm, my love."

"R-roger...!" Vapor managed to choke out before sending her mecha digging into the ground, tossing up grass and dirt.

The Deoxys seemed to be tiring; it shot off the Charge Beam at the spot Vapor had been and hovered closer to the ground. The effort of using the Psycho Boost before was beginning to catch up to it. The frozen limbs looked heavy, and they were sagging.

Vapor lurked under the ground, her heavy breathing heard loud and clear over the intercom. Her mecha's paws scraped dirt away and pushed forward, the dirt crushing in around her.

"G-gunna go up soon... Getting claustrophobic..." She whimpered.

(Kay, I edited my profile)

"You will see how useful I've become." Godot said, flashing a grin.

His hands started to glow blue. The same bluish color that was inside his mouth.

"When the Charge Beam is let loose, I'll use Psychic to try and send it back to that Deoxys." he whispered into the mike.

He then noticed that it had been fired. He quickly let loose the psychic energy he had been holding.

Come on beam, turn that other way. he said to himself, his psychic power at work.

Paul looked a little confused as he saw the Dragonair pull her head back. He looked at her eyes, trying to figure out why. "... Is something wrong? You said we're supposed to be partners, right?" His heart was beating rather fast as he was sitting down by her. Maybe she was scared too? He had no idea of her own thoughts and feelings at the time. But if they were going to be partners, they should try to make a connection, right? Paul got down on his hands and knees and leaned over, trying a little to force the issue, reaching over to her head and neck despite the fact she had pulled away from him. "Come on, I'm not going to hurt you... oop..." Paul accidentally leaned over too much, and slipped and fell facefirst... right on top of the coiled snake. "... great..." he muttered, not even sure what happened.

"You're doing good, my love. Just remain calm."

Shana hand hovers over her controls, her finger a inch from the "eject" button. True to her word, she will pull Vapor out if things got hairy out there for her. She takes a calm breath and watches the battle calmly.

Must remain in control while the Chief is here. Don't want to mess up.

Karae flinched again at his tone. Did she... did her action hurt him? After all, they were supposed to trust each other, to be together... So, this time, to keep from messing up again, she stayed still, letting him come closer though she wanted to back away. He looked overbalanced as he reached forward, and she eyed him warily - but then he just fell and she twisted, suddenly afraid of what would happen if her horn pierced him somehow. Instead, he landed on her back as she shifted, trembling from the sudden fright.

"You shouldn't... I... I could have hurt you! If I hadn't moved..." she breathed, eyes wide. All her calm composure instantly crashed - she could have hurt him, and that would have been horrible. What was she doing? This was turning into a complete failure. "I'm sorry. Please, can we try this again?"

"Remain calm, remain c-calm..." Vapor chanted, started to dig upwards.

She broke the surface, and suddenly was face to face with a drooling pink creature, which held up a lowing fist. Vapor shrieked, backtracking as fast as she could, but the psychotic Clefable slammed its fist into her face with a loud clang, leaving a dent in the metal and a crack in the glass that let her see out. She retreated underground again, her heavy breathing louder and more ragged. She ran the system scans.

"S-system Scan results: ahh... Right Eyesheild damaged - in need... of repair. Out of c-commission. F-face plate dented - damage minimal... Bliss Level - rising. Seeking release, repeat, seeking release!" She whimpered into the mike.

The Deoxys above roared as its own attack struck it, collapsing to the ground in a lifeless heap - scouts were fragile. The Clefable meanwhile took the smart route out and fled - it was only skilled at surprise attacks.

"Affimative."

She pushes the button that allowed Vapor to escape. She gets up from her seat and watches the screen to make sure that it worked.

Good luck you guys.

She removes her headset and leaves the controls, slipping into a room where a sleeping Vaporeon started to wake. She sits on the edge of the bed and strokes the Vaporeon's pelt, trying to soothe her.

"Vapor...shhh....it's alright. You are safe now."

"Wanna try calling me 'weak' again?" Godot snorted sarcastically, "Those Clefable took the smart route. Oh, I'm sorry, shouldn't be getting so overly cocky."

Godot scanned the area, looking for any approaching enemies.

"Yes, congratulations, you beat one of the weakest suckers in the dream," Lindsay said in monotone. "How awesome are you? You took advantage of the physics-defying properties of non-reality. If this resembled real life a little more, you would've failed. Don't do that against anything stronger than a scout, or else make friends with that Skazz guy."

He paused, eyes flickering to Shana pressing the button. "Okay, Vapor's out. One less coward. Guess that ice punch of yours might actually be a bit useful for once, because of a clefable's mindset. Get up close with two icy fists ready and let loose. They're not much for direct combat, so you can probably get it to panic for a bit before it can hit back with something that'll actually hurt you. Yes, chase it, or it'll defeat the purpose of killing the scout."

Last edited:
Cleo shook her head as the Deoxys died and the Clefable fled, trying to clear the red color from her mind.

"Yeah, just like Vapor said, it's becoming a nightmare. Be ready to punch that button, but not quite yet. I think I'm still going good."

She turned three hundred sixty degrees, scanning the area. "I don't see or sense any enemies except that Clefable, which is fleeing." Her gaze caught on the waving seaweed-grass.

I wonder what that feels like?

Carefully keeping her senses aware for any surprises, she cautiously approached the grass. It felt smooth, perhaps a bit smoother and the tiniest bit waxier than the grass back home, but not all that different.

Losing her curiousity and returning her focus to the task at hand, she spoke into the microphone. "What else do you want me to do, Skazz?"

Arthur walked through the door Shana had went through, and gave her and Vapor a smile.

"You did good kids, you got rid of the scout and didn't bliss. I think we can call that a victory."

Vapor's mecha dissolved around her and she woke with a start, green eyes blinking open. She squirmed on the bed, curling her long tail under her. Tears welled up in her eyes and she looked up at Shana and Arthur.

"I'm sorry... I lost control of the dream..." She whispered, looking down at her paws. "I'm so sorry."

Shana looks over her shoulder and gives the man a soft smile as well.

"We did what we had to, Chief. Sorry we couldn't hang on any longer...but at least I didn't lose her."

She looks back down at Vapor, a soft look on her face as she pets her fur. She moves her long black hair from her face and lets out a soft sigh, rubbing her face with her free hand. She's been getting more tired than before, but she's been combating it with coffee and candy.

She then notices that Vapor had woken up in tears. She draws the small Vaporeon into her arms and holds her, stroking her.

"Shhh...it's alright my love. It's alright."

"You still have time to improve yourself kids. It's not the end of the world if you lose control once, but to be pulled out and try again, that's what you must do." Arthur said with a smile.

"Just try to calm down, and take it easy. You both look exhausted."

Back
Top Bottom