• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open State of Bliss

Vapor spotted Shana quickly, and bounced after her, nudging the back of her leg. She poked her head between the girl's knees and smiled up at her.

"Shana! I want to go back in the dream now. Take me back to the ANIMa." She purred.

Shana lets out a surprised giggle when Vapor nudged her knees, ticking her leg with her nose. She leans down and lifts Vapor up, placing a soft kiss on her nose. She then turns and walks back to the kitchen with Vapor in her arms.

"I can't quite now. I've been enlisted to cook a soup. But I will when I'm done cooking. You can help me darling~"

She slips into the Kitchen and places Vapor on the counter. She then pushes her bangs back and walks back to her station, picking up the knife once more and cutting the leeks and preparing the pan with butter for when she is to cook then.

"When I need water, you can get for me Vapor. Ok?"

Having cut the eggplant into sizeable slices, Arthur starts cooking them with some oil, tossing in some pepper and salt as he went, whistling in between his teeth. Realizing he was missing something, he walked to another crate and grabbed some onions, quickly dicing them with a practiced air before tossing them in as well.

When the pan got to the temperture she wanted, she starts to cook the leeks into the melted butter for the start of the soup. She hums softly under her breath and stirs the concoction, losing herself in the smell of home cooking. She starts to think of her mother cooking in the kitchen when she got home, her brothers doing whatever they do about their work, and her Dad sitting in a chair watching his family with great amusement.

Her mind then shifts when she caught her father in the kitchen, cooking when her mother grew sick one day. She watched from behind a corner as he diced and cooked with simple rhythm . She was enthralled by him as he cooked.

Shana then notices that she's been watching Arthur while thinking of that day. She shakes her head and goes back to her own cooking, tapping Vapor lightly.

"I need water now..."

Paul washed his hands and turned back around to the vegetables, but when he did, he noticed Karae floating away. "It's okay, Karae, you don't have to cut eggplants yourself. But I was just getting used to having you around..." He winked at her, smiling. "It would be a shame if you just left..." He began to cut vegetables for the soup, first eggplants, then after Arthur had returned and determined they had enough of that, he started cutting onions. He began to blink a little more, as the smell of the onions was a little irritating. Paul then noticed something. "You know, I don't think we have any meat in the soup. Some of the creatures here are carnivores, you know, and I don't think they would appreciate being forced to eat only vegetables..."

(Eek... For some reason my dad's blocker is finally working after about 6 months of glitching, so I'll be on less. Just until I find another way around it, which shouldn't take too long.)

Karae simply nodded and hovered in the middle of the room, floating out of the way if anyone needed to walk past her to reach any other ingredient. At the mention of meat, she decided to locate some, and then brought it to Paul. "Here." Whatever the concoction they were making turned out to be, she didn't care as long as it was edible. Vapor, whom she knew only by sight, was given a look of appraisal before she went back to floating and waiting for the food to be cooked, or for something else to be needed.

((Blaaaah. Horrible quality. XD Sorry, couldn't think of anything to do.))

"Obviously not," Lindsay spat, slamming a hand onto the desk in frustration. "What the hell is that? They're probably not even in range of the perish song, and now you're going to collapse in a few minutes! That swagger held no feeling, and it wasn't directed at all! Even if it was, do you think the deoxys really noticed it? The last perish song might have been in range, but they're not stopping, so it doesn't look like it worked. I told you to use shadow ball! You should've used it on the one using zap cannon and interrupt the charging - look, now it's almost done."

More than almost, in fact. The ball of electricity rocketed toward Godot, and exploded on the surface it struck.

"The defence deoxys aren't even there yet! They're still coming, they're even outside the stealth rock area! Hell, by the time they get to you, you might be gone because you used perish song too early and it only affected you." He gritted his teeth. "Now there's really nothing you can do. Might as well keep using perish song, although they'll interrupt it with attacks - it's the only way your consistently meaningless actions might do something useful."

While the zap cannon-user paused and rested, the other deoxys kept coming, jewel and head starting to glow blue.

(Er...where are we? Parents banned me from the comp and didn't let me inform people of my absence. D:)

"You were giving so many COMMANDS." Godot yelled.

He kept the Persih Songs going as he moved closer to the Deoxys.

"Should I try a Swagger?" he muttered to himself, "I feel it'll help."

He let out a swagger and then continued with Perish songs.

((Some of us are cooking, but Godot's locked in a death struggle))

Arthur made quick work of the eggplant, before quickly tossing the whole vat of it into a large bowl, and got some meat, before starting to fry that as well.

"It's like feeding the marines in this place," Arthur said with a smile, looking over at the bowl of eggplants.

((He made a LOT, by the way))

(( Flareth: You said you were going to try to be literate ... rather than saying "Godot used Swagger", describe what he does. It's less boring that way and it'll be closer to what we call decent writing. The way you describe attacks is also very impersonal, and moves like swagger are much more personal between the user and target.

Also any time you don't respond to what the deoxys are doing you're leaving it up to me to say whether it hit or not... and since you don't dodge it probably does. ))

Godot was lucky that only the explosion of the zap cannon ball struck him, rather than having it strike him dead-on. It was probably just the power of a thundershock or so, catching Godot from behind. Lindsay sighed and brought up the status report.

"Well, I'm so sorry if your little mind can't handle it." Lindsay sneered. "If you're going to fail to pay attention to my commands, you could at least look at the enemy and pay attention to them! Your pathetic Intimacy 1 perish song would never reach that far, and if you'd even given it a shred of thought, you'd realise that! And if it's too much for you, don't brag about how well you listened to the orders when you didn't."

He read the status report aloud, once again to drive the point home rather than to inform Godot of it, because Godot was also forced to see it. "Systems check. Right hand damaged - in need of repair. Out of commission. Slight damage to back - should not impede movement, and you're damn lucky that's the case. You didn't even try to dodge. Any closer and it might have taken out your levitation systems."

The attack deoxys made a strange screeching sound, which Lindsay determined was probably fury at whatever Godot's mecha had done as the swagger. It didn't look like a berserker rage, though, so the swagger wasn't fully successful - it just succeeded in provoking the deoxys. Well, maybe. It was possible that the lack of any other target meant there was nothing to confuse Godot with.

There was one plus, however - zen headbutt required some level of calmness, which Godot had destroyed. The psychic energy faded and the deoxys instead swung an arm at Godot, the ends of the tentacles glittering blue. Ice punch - and judging by the damage it had done to Vapor's mecha by a much weaker pokemon, this was going to hurt.

(Okay...sorry.....)

"...Arceus..." he muttered under his breath.

Godot tried to move out of the way from the Ice Punch. He started to fly farther towards the approaching enemies. He let out the deadly song once again. It was like a screech, a beckoning of death.

He kept on screeching out that same out of tune death song. Hopefully it would work this time.

"...Any other attack suggestions...." he muttered.

The wild swing missed, even with that shoddy dodge, so Lindsay decided the deoxys probably was confused. Naturally, it was now behind Godot, so it whipped around and started chasing Godot again. The other deoxys had recovered, and it too flew at Godot, tentacles glittering with the same icy blue.

"All of your other moves are going to be useless because you've probably got ninety seconds of consciousness left. Since you're not showing any signs of being affected by the perish song despite the fact that you are, I can't tell if they're affected either, so just keep going. But you are naturally able to levitate. You should've already realised that your world has three dimensions and move up. Moron."

Barely flinching, the two defence deoxys flew through the wall of rock shards, and kept going toward Godot.

"Get close to the defence deoxys and use the perish song. It should distract them from using a direct psychic, or if not, you're just screwed. We'll wager that either the attack deoxys are already affected or they'll be coming after you and expose themselves to the song more. Whatever damage you take shouldn't disrupt the song."

Actually, Godot's mecha should've probably shut down by now, but maybe since the perish song was so weak they had more time. It would make sense, and it was terribly convenient, really. Godot's speakers might have suffered some damage, though - that screeching could hardly be considered a song. It was the ugliest thing he'd ever heard, other than Godot's voice.

Godot hovered up higher. He flew towards the defence Deoxys and sang that horrible melody.

"Sorry for the screwups..." he muttered, then continued the song.

"I need water now..." Vapor heard Shana say, but she wasn't really listening. She was busy pouting.

"I want to help them, please. Let me go back in. What if they are in trouble? They need all the help they can get, Shana..." She whined, wiggling on the counter. "Why are you so calm when they are fighting for their lives? They need me, Shana! Please!"

Shana looks down at Vapor, a stern look on her face. She taps the water fox lightly with a spoon and point to the pot.

"I've been recruited bu Chief to cook this soup. As soon as you get me water, I'll send you back in."

She then leands down at looks at her eye to eye.

"If. You. Are. Really. Ready."

"Shana, it's alright. They really might need help, and I'm sure I can handle cooking." Arthur gave a smile, before putting the finished meat in the bowl, and gets a jug of water, scoots Shana over, and begins finishing the soup for her.

Shana looks at Arthur, then nods her head as she scoops Vapor into her arms.

"Thank you Cheif."

She then quickly runs out of the room and returns to the control room, placing Vapor back into her sleeping chamber. She gives the fox a qucik kiss before going back to her seat, placing her head set back on her head. She then looks at the controls at her command, her hand hovering over the one that allows sleep.

"When your ready, Vapor"

((I'll be gone for a week. Good luck FMC))

(Er...where are we? Parents banned me from the comp and didn't let me inform people of my absence. D:)
((That's why I haven't been posting either. Hard to, given the nature of the RPG. No clue what's going on, either..
So.. no, I haven't forgotten this RP!))

Back
Top Bottom