• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open State of Bliss

(( Guys, we... have an OOC thread. If you're not going to have an actual post to go along with those OOC comments, use that. Especially if it, you know, asks for a summary of events. ))

"Damn straight you should be sorry."

Although Godot flew up, he obviously wasn't paying much attention to the deoxys attacking him... he floated up, sure, and the deoxys coming from the front missed and grazed the other's arm - and that deoxys kept running, and leapt after Godot to slam the icy tentacles into Godot's remaining hand. Said hand immediately dropped, and there were visible cracks in it... that had to have been on purpose. Now Godot couldn't use many attacks. The deoxys then proceeded to pummel the hand until it shattered, ignoring Godot entirely, so then again, maybe not.

Lindsay paused and glanced at Shana, who had just entered, and snorted when she took her seat. So they were back, were they?

"Arceus, it's about time," Lindsay said, intending for all three (Shana, Vapor, and Godot) to hear it and assume it applied to them. "Vapor's coming to clean up after this worthless idiot of a pilot, right? Perish song might be afflicting all of them, but since Godot's so weak, we don't know how long it'll take. Or if it worked. For your convenience I'll leave Godot in until his mecha shuts down - nobody cares what kind of damage it'll do to him and it'll let you know it's a minute or two until the others are down. You'll just be doing the cleanup if it fails. If you keep out of the stealth rock area you shouldn't hear the song, so you could safely wait until Godot's done and made sure they've got a time limit."

One defence deoxys's crystal glowed, and it ... sparkled. Presumably it was doing something internal. The other's crystal glowed dark purple, and crackled with what looked like electricity.

"Attack analyses - cosmic power and night shade. Hardly anything to worry about, even for a weakling like you, but that other deoxys is offscreen." He grimaced. "Are you seeing any signs that your mecha's running out of time? If perish song hasn't worked on you then everything so far has been as useless as you normally are. Either way... if Vapor decides to barge in on the battle, stop with that hideous screeching and just support her with... actually, most things are focused through the hands, right? Just find something that won't affect her. May as well let yourself take any hits since you're just dead weight, if you even notice them."

(( Yeah... next post or the one after you should just have your mecha succumb to perish song. ))

"Um...the lights are starting to dim." Godot said, "But other than that, nothing's wrong."

At that moment, his levitation system gave out. His mecha plummeted to the ground. A very hard impact that would be.

Not only did Godot's levitation system fail, but so did everything else. All attacks - his only method of defence - were suddenly unavailable. The screens went dark. Communication was completely cut off. Even Vapor wound be impossible to talk to, because that required speaking into the mic.

Because the tail end was heavier, it smashed into the ground first and left Godot staring forward.

On Lindsay's part, he only saw the screen shut down. "That was convenient," he said, glancing at the button that would wake Godot up. Honestly? Maybe he didn't have to. An immobile target would distract the deoxys sufficiently, or at least it would distract the deoxys Godot had provoked. The others might not be interested in Vapor until she attacked, and may not even notice her, which gave her a sneak attack advantage. Anyway, if Godot was plunged into a nightmare, it would prove he had feelings. And be rather fun. If Godot wasn't, then (since Lindsay knew he didn't have a powerful or exceptional mind) he probably wasn't capable of forming meaningful relationships. Not bad - even good - for an anchor, but it made a pilot useless.

He spoke to Vapor through the mic. "I'm leaving him in there - the attack deoxys will probably be attacking his mecha. You know how their defences are. If you can get one surprise shot in with a powerful attack, you should end up destroying it. If you miss them, try to hit Godot instead."

Godot could only stare out through the mecha's glass eyeshields and hope that he'd either be woken up soon or that his mecha wouldn't be shredded by the time he was rescued. That hope would soon be shattered when an attack deoxys peered through the eyeshield, once again preparing another ice punch. The tentacles slammed into the eyeshield, cracking it, and the deoxys wound up again in preparation to expose the tasty soul inside.

"Ready, Shana." Vapor mumbled, before plunging into the dream again.

She was next to the broken down mecha that was Godot, and her own formed around her in a swirl of blue and silver. She jumped when she saw the Deoxys, but lowered her head. She would have to protect Godot, he looked in bad shape. She moved so she was standing in front of him.

"This might not go well!" She yelled "But I'll try!"

An orb of water appeared at the mouth of the mecha, and she blasted it towards the attackers in a sweeping motion, the Hydro Pump pushing her backwards a tiny bit, her tail coming in contact with Godot.

((aaaahfail))

Shana watched Vapor enter the dream, her heart stopping for a mere second. She whipsers into the mic to Vapor to keep on her toes and never expect that the enemy has fallen.

"You are doing very good, Vapor my dear. Just keep it up and we'll be home free..."

She notices how Godot waqs doing and lets out a sigh, glancing over at his ancor.

Surely she could have helped him more...but concidering what has happened...her heart is now too gone to care much.

"Vapor, I know you can hang in there. Keep on your toes. And be wary of any other aleins out there...we don't need another surprise attack."

Shana scans the screen for the energy levels, seeing that they are still standing. She looks back at the battle at hand and calculates.

"Suggested attack. Ice Beam stright after the Hydro Pump. Freeze what is left. Don not leave things to chance out there."

(Lindsay's a boy)

"Get me out of the dream." Godot screamed, "I'm serious. I don't want to Bliss. I promise to listen to you more. Just get me out of here!"

Of course, nobody could hear Godot, including Lindsay. That was what fainting meant: he was completely, totally helpless, but unlike the real world, he was conscious enough to see the aftermath.

Lindsay wasn't doing much good staring at the blank screen, and there was really no need to stay here, so he wandered over to Shana so he could see what was going on. If he could only talk to Vapor anyway, he didn't need to use his own mic.

Rather than try to talk to or order her from the terminal, he just lurked behind her with his arms crossed. It could possibly be interpreted as menacing.

The attack deoxys staggered backward from the first hydro pump, the frost around its tentacles disappearing. Almost point-blank and low defences - that was rather convenient for Vapor, because it wasn't about to survive another hit. If the hydro pump had been concentrated on the attack deoxys, perhaps it would already have fainted.

The ghostly lightning would have struck Godot's mecha, but instead hit Vapor, who was in the way. This happened an instant before the powerful blast of water swept across the defence deoxys, startling it but not visibly hurting it. The other defence deoxys looked even less affected, boosted by its cosmic power.

And the fourth deoxys felt nothing at all, still being behind Vapor and Godot. Fortunately for Vapor, she wasn't the target. Unfortunately for Godot, he was.

He could see the blue glow on the other side of the eyeshields - the same blue light wrapping around his entire mecha. Then he saw, from the inside, the mecha being slowly squeezed. The cracked eyeshield cracked a lot more, and then shattered. The other eyeshield cracked loudly but didn't break.

Not that anyone else noticed, only being able to look through Vapor's eyes. All they could hear was the muted (for them) shattering of glass, and they'd be rather more concerned about the electricity crackling around one of the defence deoxys, and the other defence deoxys flying in front of its injured comrade.

"Get the deoxys before it hits you," Lindsay said, words coming out in a rushed jumble, "even if ice beam's not at full power - you have time, it's zapping itself, it's wet."

Well, Vapor could try to dodge. Electricity tended to reach its destination in a split second, but if she moved, the deoxys might not change its target. Godot would be there. Lindsay found that his way was better, though; quick attack would be a better distraction, but then Vapor would have to touch the electricity. That was bad.

"Oh no....I failed..." Godot muttered, "All I can do is wait to be pulled out of here."

He sighed.

"I'm now powerless and now I may become food for the Deoxys army." he moaned, "i gotta get ot of the nightmare. Or else...I could Bliss."

He shuddered at that thought.

"Reading you loud and clear, Shana..." Vapor said, a ball of cold forming before her face.

She launched the Ice Beam towards the Attack Forme Deoxys mainly, then took off running, hoping to draw the psychic-types away from Godot.

"Shana! Get Lindsay to get Godot the hell out of here!" She yelled, annoyed at the other Anchor's disregard for his Pilot's safety. "He's not going to last much longer at this point! I'll draw them off, hurry!"

She turned around at a few yards away and readied another Hydro Pump.

Arthur finished preparing the food rather quickly, being rather handy with food. He put the pot of soup on a table, and put the giant bowl of eggplant and meat next to it, then placed plates and knives and forks around the edge, then went over to the com in the kitchen, and gave the food buzzer.

Wiping his hands, he went to see how the kids were doing in the fight. He'd just eat later.

"Roger"

Shana turns her head and taps the boy behind her, pointing toward his station.

"Get Godot out of there. Now."

She then spins back to her screen and looks at it, studying it for others manuvers. She watched as Vapor tried to draw the alien's attention from the fallen comrade, biting her lip when one of them was using a Zap Cannon.

That will need to be dealt with.

"Vapor. The one with Zapm Cannon. Freeze it. If you can't get a clear shot, then Dig again to avoid. Repeat. Ice Beam or Dig. I know you are trying to save your comrade, but I will not be losing you in the process."

She then smiles a little.

"You're doing good, Honey."

After helping out a little bit in fixing the food, Paul walked over and stood in front of the Dragonair nearby, reaching over and hugging her. "It's all right, Karae. Food's ready now, so why don't we eat something. After lunch, I'll tell you what, maybe we can try out the ANIMa. I'm sure the others could use our help, but we do have to take it easy, since neither of us has done this before."

Paul walked over to the sink and washed his hands, then sat down at the table, looking back over at Karae.

(Failpost, but I was lost for what to write. At least it was something)

Karae shed her listless mood quickly at the mention of the ANIMa. She would do everything well, and not need to rely on Paul... She almost missed the mention of eating, but when he looked over at her expectantly, she backtracked and nodded in agreement. "Yes, eating now is a good idea." His idea of taking it easy was considered and dismissed, though she didn't tell him how foolish it was to expect her to not do her best. She would have to - otherwise, she wouldn't be a good Pilot.

Expression blank, she returned Paul's look, waiting him to get the food so she could eat and then rush to join the fray.

Paul smirked, watching Karae still floating over elsewhere in the room. "Come on over, Karae. You might be able to float, but the food's not going to float over there in front of you..." He patted a seat next to him. "Why don't you curl up on this chair?" Afterward, he stood up and grabbed a chunk of the meat with a long fork, placing it on a plate, then followed with an eggplant. "There you go." He figured those would probably be easier for her to eat than soup, since it would be hard for her to grasp a spoon. He took a little soup for himself afterward, and a smaller piece of meat.

Karae floated over and curled up on the chair as he suggested, looking on in mild interest as he gathered food. When he put the meat down, she started to eat as quickly as possible, taking large bites and generally not caring about how neat she was being. The eggplant soon followed to its quick and messy doom, and then the Dragonair stared at Paul accusingly, tail twitching. If he ate quicker, they could go to the ANIMa and actually be of use to the others. Eating was keeping her from doing what she was supposed to do.

Paul had hardly even started his meal, having only had a few spoonfuls of soup, when he glanced over and saw the serpent had already devoured her meal, and was now glaring back at him expectantly. "Woah, you sure were hungry. Did you want more? Or... uh, are you just waiting for me?" He glanced back at his own food, realizing it would take him another ten whole minutes or so. "Errr..."

(fail)

Lindsay snorted. "No. Why should I? Godot's a ghost, he'll live - continue to exist - whatever. If he hasn't found a way out, he doesn't deserve to live, anyway."

Lindsay fully believed that Godot was still stuck in his mecha, actually, but that didn't make his statement false.

Vapor was rather stupid, too. She shot the ice beam at the attack deoxys (the only one she could see), but it was blocked with the defence deoxys's body. Then she ran off, leaving Godot unprotected.

Actually, maybe that wasn't stupid. She could be a genius.

Anyway, the other one finished charging the zap cannon, and shot it off where Godot's mecha was. Indirect hit, since only half the ball struck Godot, though it would have hit Vapor if she'd still been there. The discharge-like explosion enveloped the entire haunter mecha. The heat and electricity were obviously rather uncomfortable, and the glass shattered. It wasn't an attack deoxys, so it was possible that Godot wasn't too damaged. Probably paralysed, though, and hopefully he'd entered the nightmare by now, since Godot wasn't taking the whole save-the-world thing seriously enough and needed to see it.

Whatever happened, the defence deoxys followed Vapor, though not as quickly as it was moving before. The attack deoxys and other defence deoxys followed as well, but the attack deoxys hid carefully behind its companion.

The ally-protecting defence deoxys shot off a purple bolt of lightning, while the attack deoxys glanced around it and concentrated, eyes glowing blue. Then the attack deoxys collapsed.

And, finally, now that Vapor had turned around, she saw the attack deoxys that was now standing right over Godot and reaching through the eyeholes.

"Well, finally the perish song took hold. Shouldn't be too long for the rest of them, then." Lindsay glanced at the entrance to the room. Hopefully people wouldn't come barging in on the end of a battle so they could try to hog the glory, but he wouldn't put it past them to have senses that let them get praise for little effort.

"Lindsay." Arthur said merely the name, but his anger was shown through every letter. Striding forward, he looked close to furious at the moment. He strode up in 3 steps, and drew himself up to his full height.

"This is an order. Pull Godot out."

Lindsay didn't expect Gordon's entrance, so he wasn't able to avoid jumping when Gordon said his name. When he turned around, perhaps he was a little nervous, but Gordon's obvious attempt to look intimidating sort of calmed him down. This is an order, he said, like those were magical words that would make Lindsay do what he wanted. He was the only adult here, perhaps, but that didn't make him worth any more. Hell, he didn't even have his own Pilot.

In a mocking tone, he said, "But sir, that would imply that I don't trust my dearest Pilot to have a single functional brain cell that would get him out of his situation. If I can't have faith in my own Pilot, then how can I work with him? We can't communicate, but he was so confident, earlier! Obviously he'd trust himself to get out of this, and shouldn't I offer him the same courtesy? I wouldn't want to interrupt any plans, and the deoxys will end up wasting energy on an abandoned mecha, or at least they'll end up distracted."

Godot was now out cold.

"Awaken my honey." a voice cooed.

Godot awoke in a fright. His mom hovered above him.

"Time to eat." she said, grinning.

"I told you..I don't snack on souls." Godot snarled.

"I didn't say YOU were going to being eating." she said, her grin growing big and evil.

Godot gulped. Then, the scenery changed. he was in a dark purple. The sky was a sickly green. Purple wisps of clouds floated in the air. He looked around.

A Pidgey was attacking a Ratatta. Then, the Ratatta stopped moving. Frozen in its fear. The Pidgey took this oppurtunity to rip the eyeballs from the living purple rat. The rat screamed in immense pain.

The rat went limp. The Pidgey flew towards Godot. Starting at the head, loads of feathers started to fall off. Soon, all of them were gone. but after that, skin started falling off of the bones. When that was done, Godot was staring at a skeletal Pidgey.

"I can't believe Trinity fell for it....believing she was a ghost...and a male at that." a deep voice echoed.

All Godot could hear was heavy machinery and scientific inventons at work.

And he must scream. But he can not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom