• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Strangest moment(s) at TCOD?

the drama over forum games, remember that.

I was so lame in that thread. u___u

Remind us.

Ohhh, I think uv means those "US vs the world" or whatever threads that got to hundreds of pages of people just posting numbers, and eventually it broke the forum somehow and people started insisting that Forum Games get shut down altogether etcetera. Then they deleted the threads and some people lost hundreds and hundreds off their post count.

I remember someone made a parody of them with a list as long as your arm of things to do to whatever number you started with, like "add 17 if your favourite colour is blue" and so on.

Remind us.

Though Turbo's ADHD thread was indeed the most dramatic. I remember the tag "DON'T POST BULL**** LIKE THIS" or words to that effect.

It was the title I think.
"the government is now officially f*cking crazy DON'T POST ****ING THREADS LIKE THIS"

...and that member got unbanned and became a respected member and a minimod, but no longer frequents TCOD. Her name is Mudkip. [sarcasm]Have you heard of her before?[/sarcasm]

Mudkip never wrote threads about her -rep... or got banned. She got -rep because she was nice to the guy who whined about his -rep, but I don't remember the guy's name. I remember his avatar was like, Winnie the Pooh though. I remember posting in one of those threads and getting told I should be a psychiatrist but basically I just said "stfu you don't know what you're talking about", really nicely.

Anyway, strangest things I remember...

The AK banning controversy, the rep system, the signatures that went on the right side of your post instead of the bottom (I remember being such a fangirl tard with this)... the Turbo stuff... The Light Mightyena/Fluffy and Butterfree/Fluffy thing... Didn't he reregister recently? With the brown griffon for an avatar? idk.

also everything I ever did before this incarnation of the forums

Last edited:
Ohhh, I think uv means those "US vs the world" or whatever threads that got to hundreds of pages of people just posting numbers, and eventually it broke the forum somehow and people started insisting that Forum Games get shut down altogether etcetera. Then they deleted the threads and some people lost hundreds and hundreds off their post count.
The forum was being particularly slow at that point in time so I felt that deleting a BS thread with that many posts would be a Good Thing.

However, deleting it turned out to break the forum for about an hour.... It only got better after Butterfree manually halted my server request.

The thread still exists; it's soft-deleted.

I'm really good at breaking TCOD.

Mudkip never wrote threads about her -rep... or got banned. She got -rep because she was nice to the guy who whined about his -rep, but I don't remember the guy's name. I remember his avatar was like, Winnie the Pooh though. I remember posting in one of those threads and getting told I should be a psychiatrist but basically I just said "stfu you don't know what you're talking about", really nicely.

That's who I was talking about. I remember now! Agentchronon!

Then I remember that one kid (I can't remember what name she used here) who was on some sort of mission to start the most threads in Insanity, and eventually made a million CC threads about how everyone hates her. I remember being one of the people who stood up for her too. :| I did run into her a while back on a different forum, though, and she seems to have matured a whole lot.

oh, lol, that whole forum games thread still exists a couple pages back in this forum. "On Removing Clutter", I think. It's locked though.

one kid (I can't remember what name she used here) who was on some sort of mission to start the most threads in Insanity, and eventually made a million CC threads about how everyone hates her. I remember being one of the people who stood up for her too. :| I did run into her a while back on a different forum, though, and she seems to have matured a whole lot.

... wasn't that Umbreevee or something like that?

... wasn't that Umbreevee or something like that?

Yeah, it was. Actually, she was one of, if not my closest friend on this forum - almost like a sister to me. And yeah, I just Googled Umbreevee, and SO's right - she has matured. Then again, she was only 11 at the time, but what the hell.

HAHAHAHA THAT WAS ME

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG

Really? Somehow, I think you're joking.

The whole uproar about people having the word 'banned' in their user subtitle. I think some people were seriously considering actually banning them for it, although it's more likely that that was sarcasm.

The whole uproar about people having the word 'banned' in their user subtitle. I think some people were seriously considering actually banning them for it, although it's more likely that that was sarcasm.
We said we would! ... I don't think we meant it, no.

Back
Top Bottom