• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Stupid things you thought were true

I used to think that you got an unlimited amount of Master Balls and Rare Candies if you made it all the way through Glitch City. Of course, we saved in the middle of it, so we never got out. We had to restart :'(.

When I was younger, I swear I read something about Eevee once being called Eeveeon, and that's always sort of lingered in my mind.

And because of what a friend told me, I also believed that level 100 Pokemon would revert back to level 1 after you leveled them up. This is partially why I restarted my game when I had a level 96 Raticate that would've been my first level 100. ;_;

Also because of said friend, we thought that there was a secret key hidden somewhere in one of the gyms in GSC. ((We spent hours looking for that key on bus rides home.)) That key, when taken to the school in Violet City, would open up a portal to the Moon, but before you got there, you'd have to battle Team Rocket grunts, who each have 12 Pokemon because "Giovanni let them". Oh, and when you got to the Moon, there were Mews and Mewtwos up there, anywhere from level 1 to 100, and Dark Berries, which could be taken to Kurt and made into Dark Balls which were the best balls to use on the legendary dogs/cats/Johto things. xDD

He also told me that there was a glitch that let you walk on top of houses. That sounds pathetic compared to the "Moon cheat", does it not?

Uh, I used to think that Gyarados was part dragon... until one hit from a thunderbolt killed it...

The only thing I believed was the B down, B up, whatever makes a Pokeball turn into a Masterball, and for a good reason, after catching an Articuno like that.

I thought in Colosseum if you released a Pokémon, it would come out and you could walk around with it. Turns out I released my Umbreon. ;_;

That was way back in my Pokémon days.

That you would get a special event (Like in PMD, the Wobuffet thing) that would make Monster Houses start coming. Imagine my delight when I ran into two Monster houses in Far Amp Plains -_-.

I warped them away for the first one but I got killed by the second. My stupid Minun used Growl, unpetrifying all of them.

Oh yeah, I used to think that if you caught all of the unknown, you would automatically catch Entei. I think that was because of the movie way back then.

Hm, let me think. I was quite the gullible child back when I was a young whipper-snapper.
-Convinced that if you tilted the system left or right, it would cause damage to increase/decrease depending on which direction
-If I pressed B everytime the Pokeball hit the ground, I'd have a higher catch rate
-You couldn't release your starter
-In Colosseum, if you didn't look at the screen will attempting to snag a Pokemon, it would be successful (hey, it actually worked a few times XP)
-When I walked off the S.S. Anne in Yellow, it looked like it sailed away with Pikachu and I was freaked out.
-Chimecho was rarer than heck
-That the Red Gyarados was an extremely cool looking Pokemon, but not worth my time to catch
-When I first saw Mudkip, could've sworn it would evolve to Wooper... You know because they both are blue and have cheek gill things? Ok, I know it's pathetic.
-You could eventually get Celebi in Illex Forest if you defeated the Elite Four a hundred times and turned your rival to the light side!
-That a shiny Weedle could be easily caught again, so I advised my friend not to save (I know, I'm horrible T_T)

Last edited:
That you would get a special event (Like in PMD, the Wobuffet thing) that would make Monster Houses start coming. Imagine my delight when I ran into two Monster houses in Far Amp Plains -_-.

I warped them away for the first one but I got killed by the second. My stupid Minun used Growl, unpetrifying all of them.

Thought that said Fat A$$ Plains XD

I thought Scyther was from the 2nd Gen instead of the first.
I thought Kecleon was an Eeveelution because of the last three letters of its name.
I thought Ghost-type attacks could effect Normal-type Pokemon.
I thought Normal-type attacks were super-effective on Psychic-type Pokemon.
I thought Geodude evolved into Onix.
I thought Electric-type attacks wouldn't effect Rock-type Pokemon.
I thought when a Pokemon fainted, it died.
I thought when the HP Bar for the Pokemon's HP turned the red color and started beeping, I thought the red meant the Pokemon was bleeding.
When it said the player blacked out/whited out, I thought it meant the character had died.
I thought Charizard and Gyarados were part Dragon-type.
I thought Phanpy and Donphan were part Rock-type.
In Pokemon XD, I thought Cipher Admin Snattle was an old lady.
I thought you could press B to cancel the evolution of a Pokemon that evolved through an Evolution Stone ( you can't, it will evolve anyway ).
When I first played Pokemon Blue, I thought the nurse at the Pokemon Center was a lion and was scared of her.
I thought Pokemon were real.

There are a lot more I can't think of right now.

A + UP.
Shining Darkness said:
In Pokemon XD, I thought Cipher Admin Snattle was an old lady.
Me too.
Ghost could affect Normal.
Gyarados was pure water type.
Onix was Geodude's evo.
Scyther was from Gen 2, even though I played R/B/Y XP. thanks alot scizor
Onix was spelled Onyx.

A friend once played Pokemon make-believe with me, and I thought you started in Goldenrod, and that Suicune was a fighting/water type. Not to mention that, despite how it's spelled, I pronounced it "sue-i-cine". Don't ask. >>

Oh yeah, and Missingno was a Pokemon that had escaped from the Pokemon designers when the programmers were making the game, and invaded it somehow. Which sparked the idea of using it to get in the game... O_o

Back
Top Bottom