• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestion Box

If everyone's cool with just leaving the increased BP as it is and making the energy increase normally then we can do that. I think the original complaint was that they should be nerfed even with an energy bump, so we were trying to address that.

(Boomburst has pretty limited distribution and also damages your teammate in a double battle, and the extra energy for the moves with charge turns is meant to be a more significant drawback, but that's not all that relevant right now anyway.)

Sorry for the double post — I just want to make sure that everyone sees this.

You have good points, and I'm thinking the best course of action would be to increase the energy cost as normal for Hex/Venoshock/Brine, and if there turns out to still be a problem we can consider lowering the boosted BP again. I doubt anyone is going to be against the energy increase, so I'm going to go ahead and add that to the db.

Brine is slightly harder to set up then Hex and Venoshock, as you can't really do it in one turn like the others, especially with caps. Hex and Venoshock should follow the same model that Smellingsalts and Wake-up Slap do ideally, as they're all variations (minus the cure)

bringing Defeatist back up, here are the ideas we currently have...

• 1.2x above 50%, 0.8x otherwise (problem: damage rounds down, ends up being slightly negative)
  • 1.2x above 50%, 0.9x otherwise (I actually just added this now, but it might balance out the rounding most of the time to make it more of a net positive?)
  • +2 above 50%, -2 otherwise (problem?: basically just neutral)
  • +2 above 50%, -1 otherwise
suggestions?

Brine is slightly harder to set up then Hex and Venoshock, as you can't really do it in one turn like the others, especially with caps. Hex and Venoshock should follow the same model that Smellingsalts and Wake-up Slap do ideally, as they're all variations (minus the cure)

Acrobatics should also follow that model if it doesn't already.

I believe they all follow the same procedure of doubling energy when the base power is doubled.

• 1.2x above 50%, 0.8x otherwise (problem: damage rounds down, ends up being slightly negative)
  • 1.2x above 50%, 0.9x otherwise (I actually just added this now, but it might balance out the rounding most of the time to make it more of a net positive?)
suggestions?

Sounds very good, either of them. The only thing is that it ends up being a legitimate strategy for the opponent to Skill Swap when both pokémon are at 50%+, and Skill Swap again afterwards, which doesn't work in the game.

Then again, I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

Alright, if no one else has anything to add to Defeatist opinions, I think we can go with the +2 above 50%, -1 otherwise... ?

suggestions?

Wait, what exactly does this mean?

Er... altering Defeatist so that it'll deal more damage when at 50% heal or above, and less damage when below, as opposed to only dealing less damage.

Attacks used.
So just to be clear, I'm going to assume you meant this:

• Base damage is increased by 1.2x when above 50% health, decreased by 0.8x otherwise
  • Base damage is increased by 1.2x when above 50% health, decreased by 0.9x otherwise
  • Total damage is increased by +2 when above 50% health, reduced by -2 otherwise
  • Total damage is increased by +2 when above 50% health, decreased by -1 otherwise.
That seems the most natural to me. Or did you mean something else?

Increasing and decreasing them by those first two amounts would be rather ridiculous, but multiplying them by those amounts seems reasonable!

Indeed, which is why it has always sounded to me like, for example, increase it to 2.2x its original amount or decrease it to 0.1x its original amount. :o

Indeed, which is why it has always sounded to me like, for example, increase it to 2.2x its original amount or decrease it to 0.1x its original amount. :o
Ah, I see what you mean. But if that's the case, surely multiplying by these amounts isn't reasonable either, for then you would end up with 1.2x^2 or 0.9x^2.

Ah, then I guess we must multiply by 1.2 or increase to 1.2x! Time to edit half the moves and abilities in the db!

Since there's a couple of moves regarding the user's/target's weight, as well as a few abilities changing it, would it be a good idea to add weight onto every species page?

Back
Top Bottom