• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Bros 4

Yeah that is why I am confused. I have not played the newer Mario games so this is brand new to me XD.:)

It appears she's taking on an Ice-Climber-esque form, where both the Luma (which isn't Polari for some reason! How disappointing) and Rosalina can be controlled. I can see this happening on the 3DS (Circle Pad + Directional Pad) but I have no idea how they'll pull it off on the WiiU. Perhaps she's 3DS-exclusive, and another "princess" becomes available in only the WiiU version?

It appears she's taking on an Ice-Climber-esque form, where both the Luma (which isn't Polari for some reason! How disappointing) and Rosalina can be controlled. I can see this happening on the 3DS (Circle Pad + Directional Pad) but I have no idea how they'll pull it off on the WiiU. Perhaps she's 3DS-exclusive, and another "princess" becomes available in only the WiiU version?

If there are console exclusives I think Rosalina is likely to be on the Wii U, considering the only games she's been in so far have been Wii and Wii U games.

Her moves definitely look interesting. It looks a bit like there're moves that let you control the Luma directly and at some points in the video it looked like she was in the background like Pokémon Trainer while the Luma fought. It's a bit hard to tell right now given that all we have is a video but it's fun to speculate!

Well, the Ice Climbers work by giving you an AI partner that copies your moves.

I suspect Roselina will work either like that, like Pokèmon Trainer, or like other characters with two forms (ie Zelda and Samus).

I think that Roselina has WiiU screens, so she's definitely on that version.

It's already been confirmed that all characters will be both Wii U and 3DS. Only stuff like stages will vary between versions.

Either way I like the inclusion of Rosalina.

I thought all characters were going to be the same on both systems. Let me get this straight. So this might be the same type of transformation similar to the ZeldaSheik transformation in Melee? I think it was Down+B for transformation during gameplay on the GCN but can't remember. Have not played Melee for awhile now. If this turns out to be the similar transformation. It could be Down+B on both systems. On GCN it was Down+B on both the stick and pad but with a Gyroscope functionality the may change that XD.:)

for clarity (click)

so no, she won't play like any of the above characters, she'll be an entirely different experience

EDIT: this came up last night

thoughts?
screen-2.jpg

Last edited:
TBH they have too many Zelda characters in the Smash Bros games. Link was enough but think about it. They called it Smash Bros for a reason not Smash Zelda XD. Anyway Happy New Year to all.:)

you're saying this when he have a higher rate of Mario characters to any other series in the game what

we have Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi (no reason to believe he won't return, he's a mainstay, and has two games coming along this year), Rosalina+Luma (both of whom are described by the creators to control as two separate characters on one)

Zelda does not have that many characters; there is Link, Toon Link, Zelda as of now, with presumably one villain on the way, and we potentially lost sheik how on earth is that too many lmfao

True but they called it Smash Bros because the main Part is Mario and to add Pokemon is tied with Mario so These 2 franchises Fit in but the Zelda Characters are spawning too fast XD. It is not bad but if you think about it Zelda could make too many characters which we need room for other characters that are most wanted. Just saying XD.:)

... they call it Smash Bros. because it's a collection of all of Nintendo's franchises from the Nintendo family. plus, if you look at the original game, there were only three Mario characters out of the twelve, which they had avoided for the most part by roping Yoshi into his own series with Yoshi's Story and classifying him as that rather than Mario

and Zelda characters are one of the most requested. you have to understand that many of the characters are picked based on their popularity in Japan.

Last edited:
the Zelda Characters are spawning too fast XD.

Not really? Most of the Zelda characters were introduced in Melee. In Brawl we got Toon Link, but they removed Young Link. So far we haven't seen a single new Zelda character for SSB4.

yeah, i mean so far the only ones we've gotten are just returning characters. granted, one of them could've been left out, but Link and Zelda are pretty obvious at this point, being the faces of the series

... they call it Smash Bros. because it's a collection of all of Nintendo's franchises from the Nintendo family. plus, if you look at the original game, there were only three Mario characters out of the twelve, which they had avoided for the most part by roping Yoshi into his own series with Yoshi's Story and classifying him as that rather than Mario

and Zelda characters are one of the most requested. you have to understand that many of the characters are picked based on their popularity in Japan.

Oh yeah that makes more sense Now. I still have my N64 cart but no longer have my N64. But yeah wish I knew somewhere or someone in my are that has N64 XD because the original Smash was EPIC.:)

Back
Top Bottom