• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Mafia for TCoD - Game Thread

A couple of bleeps ring in secret, and gloved fingers activate switches hidden within the ear structure.

"Do you copy?"
"I've got a bit of a situation."
"That's a way to put it."
"Who does that guy think he is, anyway?"
"Gee, I don't know, the Hero of Time?"
"I don't care what he's the 'hero' of, you don't just go up to someone and say they don't make any sense."
"Well, relax. It's not like you're the first one he's pointed he's sword at by now. People aren't going to start minding that anytime soon."
"But, Otacon, it just tears me right up how little trust this guy has for his fellow Smashers."
"Considering that you're tricking him into thinking you're Captain Falcon and actively plotting his demise, wouldn't you say that that's fair enough?"
"Heh, I love that part of the mission, at least. Falcon Punch!"
"Falcon Kick!"
"But really now, it's just that- ..."
"Snake? What's going on? What's that noise? Can you hear me, Snake? Snake? SNAAAAAAAAKE!!"

I'm really fission mailing it!

Player 5 defeated! She was Red Team (mafia).

48 hours for discussion.

v4ulp1.png

Ooookay.

I have the ability to exchange messages with an anonymous player through the GM during the night. This player has told me they've found out Superbird and Phantom are mafia. While I was disinclined to trust them while they remained anonymous and unaccountable for anything they said, I think with two suspected mafia players this information is too potentially valuable to not act on, even if we can't hold them accountable if it turns out to be false.

So I'll bite and say Superbird. I realize if he turns up blue team you're probably going to suspect me, given you have no reason to even think I'm telling the truth about having an anonymous contact, but I'll assume that risk.

So the Red Team finally reveals itself and is confirmed for Mafia. But it seems that they aren't just malicious players, but rather are actually masquerading as other players in order to deceive the majority?
Upon some investigation, I realised that Snake was in SSBB, but isn't in the new SSB title. So, does this mean all the "real" red team members are characters left out of the new games?

...Hm. I just remembered something my anonymous contact said that made no sense to me at the time. They asked me if I thought there was a Mewtwo in the game, which I just found puzzling because we have the character roster already and Mewtwo isn't on it, right? They never properly responded to my bafflement about this.

Now that we've seen apparently mafia players are secretly a different character in disguise, though, that sounds suspiciously like my contact's insistence that there might be a Mewtwo. Which just opens the question of how they knew, which might mean they're mafia or green team or whatever and are also secretly another character in disguise and assumed this was commonplace. (Alternatively, by asking me that, they might have been trying to gauge my alignment: the fact I had no idea what they were talking about would have told them I'm blue team.)

So I'm shifting my probability estimate of my contact's innocence downward, which sucks because again, I don't know who they are, and presumably they're not planning to tell me.

Hello Ninjafree.
One of the traits of mine and Superbird's fishershipness is that we are Team Evil. We are such despicable people that we are hated throughout the universe for such heinous crimes such as walking into peoples' homes uninvited and even throwing entire (ENTIRE!) cakes onto the floor. As such, while both of us are alive we both turn up as Mafia while inspected.
As such demands it, Phantom.

Um... I'm kind of confused about were the masquerading thing is coming from... presumably the flavour text but apparently I'm too tired and uninitiated to have any idea what I'm reading?? please advise

The flavor text states that Solid Snake was masquerading as Captain Falcon, and the newest player list thingy has "Captain Falcon" written with a portrait of Snake.

Hello Ninjafree.
One of the traits of mine and Superbird's fishershipness is that we are Team Evil. We are such despicable people that we are hated throughout the universe for such heinous crimes such as walking into peoples' homes uninvited and even throwing entire (ENTIRE!) cakes onto the floor. As such, while both of us are alive we both turn up as Mafia while inspected.
As such demands it, Phantom.
Huh. That actually backs up my anonymous contact - presumably nobody but the two of you knew you flip mafia on inspection (assuming you're telling the truth), so either they were telling me genuine inspection results or they just happened to name a player who really does flip mafia on inspection. (That or both you and my contact are mafia, but then why would they have given up Superbird who would presumably also genuinely be mafia?)

So, I guess I'm shifting that probability upwards again? And tentatively switching my vote to Phantom. I wouldn't really believe a miller claim here, except that if you were mafia you wouldn't have had to volunteer that information at all given the lack of credibility or accountability for our supposed inspector.

Oh okay haha. I am actually pretty okay with voting Phantom regardless. I remember her being pretty over-the-top with trying to throw me under the bus when we were mafia together in another game, similar to her behaviour with Wargle (who... is the one who turned up mafia, right?). That's what I was thinking of this entire game when I was commenting on her behaviour, but again I'm not sure how aggressive she is about accusing people when she's innocent because I never did get around to looking.

So Butterfree, is this anonymous thing your power or the anonymous person's power? If it's your power, was it like... there was some predetermined anonymous person that you have the power to communicate with the entire game? Or has someone been choosing to communicate with you?

Of course this happens when I don't have a computer.

How do you know that your contact is innocent Butterfree?

All I know is I'm blue team and I think I am being roleblocked.

Why would I vote for Wargle? They targetted and I outted them, voted, and somehow they died. I tried to use my spin attack again but either MF forgot to tell me who targetted me again, or, roleblocked. Or athey were the person attacking me and the mafia is staying away from me because I otok no more damage last night. Either way, when I did have three confirmed people who targetted me, I was right, was I not? Give me some credit. I'm the closest thing we have had to figuring out what's what which is why I am an an easy target. Give me the benefit of the doubt here. Lynch another suspect, perhaps someone that's targetted me, or just use Butterfree's information. If it's wrong, well, lynch me tomorrow. I have no launch moves. I am a nostly defensive character, but useful.

And this isn't another mafia game, and you can hardly compare it to one. Especiallly one that was basically a bastard mafia where no one had a clue what was going on. I'm being.. forthright because I've been the ONLY ONE feeding info into this so far and I feel like it's being ignored and it's really frustrating.

Benefit of the doubt, that's all I have to say.

...Perhaps the camouflage was an ability unique to Snake? Although the Mewtwo claim does seem to validate that Mafia players are disguised in general. However, that Butterfree's contact would know that is odd...

Voting for Phantom, since I don't have a reason to distrust Butterfree, and because Phantom's argument against being lynched is basically that no one is listening to her about things she's saying? Even though most of what she says is either a status update from the night or a largely unfounded accusation of sorts. It seems scummy to me, anyway.

Oh okay haha. I am actually pretty okay with voting Phantom regardless. I remember her being pretty over-the-top with trying to throw me under the bus when we were mafia together in another game, similar to her behaviour with Wargle (who... is the one who turned up mafia, right?). That's what I was thinking of this entire game when I was commenting on her behaviour, but again I'm not sure how aggressive she is about accusing people when she's innocent because I never did get around to looking.

So Butterfree, is this anonymous thing your power or the anonymous person's power? If it's your power, was it like... there was some predetermined anonymous person that you have the power to communicate with the entire game? Or has someone been choosing to communicate with you?
I have the power "Secret Connection" which says a certain mysterious player has figured out how to communicate with me. I presume they have the same power, or an analogous one. So yeah, it appears to be predetermined.

How do you know that your contact is innocent Butterfree?
I don't, as I've been emphasizing. I know nothing about my contact. But I think it's the best lead we have right now, and finding out if their information is accurate seems extremely useful in our situation.

Well, I'm screwed.

Phantom

I just don't see the point in arguing. I made my point, no one listened, just said I was making accusations and sounding scummy when I'm just sharing what I know and going off from there. If you actually followed me in mafias, you'd know that actually I usually abstain umless I have info then I follow the info, because, barring bastard gm, the info is the only thing I can trust. Which now you guys are listening to fake info.

Fun on how there's no discussion as to why a red team member died... or how charizard can have an infomove.

I would also like to talk about how on earth Wargle died, but I'm getting kind of tired of having to say that your choice of character has nothing to do with your powers. you guys pls :(

To be more specific, ZM and I are millers only until one of us dies, at which point we turn innocent to inspection.

I'm not going to defend Phantom, but I will question why that exchange about why Wargle targeted her yesterday happened. If they were on the same team, that discussion shouldn't have happened.

Back
Top Bottom